MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/7/23 - Morning Weight - 205.8 - Down .2 lbs from yesterday after 3000 cals, 338 grams of carbs and a good amount of sodium. I feel like I will probably drop a little more tomorrow after OMAD today. I am probably going to go do some cardio at the gym today to burn a little more calories and see if I can't start the new week at my goal of 205 or below.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/7/23 - Morning Weight - 205.8 - Down .2 lbs from yesterday after 3000 cals, 338 grams of carbs and a good amount of sodium. I feel like I will probably drop a little more tomorrow after OMAD today. I am probably going to go do some cardio at the gym today to burn a little more calories and see if I can't start the new week at my goal of 205 or below.
Nice training and good work sticking to the process

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am still deciding on MSten/SD pulse, straight cycle, or ordering some oils just to keep my health markers from tanking.
To be clear, that first option would be one or the other, not combined right?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice training and good work sticking to the process
Thank you Sir!
To be clear, that first option would be one or the other, not combined right?
Actually no, if I ran a straight cycle it would be 10MSten, and 10SD a day, or if a pulse it would be 20MSten, and 10SD only on training days. I can't run SD @ 20 for any appreciable time, but I love the effects. Plus I have like 4-5 bottles of SD I need to either use, sell or trade to someone.

I had dinner a little before 6:00PM, a big bowl of 93/7 ground turkey spaghetti, and then had a protein shake smoothie before bed to increase protein for the day.

Daily Macros -

================================================================================

5/8/23 - Morning Weight 206.6 - Up .6 lbs. -
I am not overly surprised with this. I had pasta, and milk yesterday which always makes me hold a little more water. I know I made another dent in body fat, I was definitely in a deficit. I will be fasting all day, and overnight tonight. So we should see a drop this week for sure.

Other than that I do look a little tighter this morning so some of the water went into the right places. It also seems like the nipple area is starting to get tightened up a bit. It is less obvious through my shirt, and seems a little smaller with my shirt off. Like I mentioned, I am going to keep up with the process. If I don't see more progress this week, I will lower lifting day calories a little bit.

I plan to walk today at lunch, although, I may go ahead and do cardio inside if it is raining this afternoon which appears to be in the forecast. That or do my garage walking. I still prefer regular walking over being on the treadmill. So the garage walk might be the go to here. I would like to leave a little room for increasing cardio intensity later in the process.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ugh... just saw that they cemented the release date for the RP Hypertrophy app, and it isn't until May 23rd. This puts it off another week which sucks because I am ready to really start learning and applying some of the stuff I am learning through their hypertrophy book. I am pretty excited about the app. After every workout, or exercise it has you grade each exercise based on that session with one of 3 options for a couple different factors and uses that to tell if you are experiencing an upward or downward trend. Then it and adjusts reps and sets to keep you as close to an optimized volume and effort level to make continued progress. I need some prompts to remind me of the minutia I should be tracking or I have a hard time remembering to track them so this will be of great benefit to me. Plus keep me from pushing too hard too fast which is an issue I tend to have.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just finished up 75 minutes of walking up the parking garage and back down the stairs. Should have burned a little bit of energy there. Fast is going well so far. I have had a couple times I was hungry today for a short period then it just went away.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/9/23 - Morning Weight 205.2 - Matched my current low today. Hoping to see a little more weight drop tomorrow after eating today, and get a new low. It will only take a 1/10th of a lb!!!! Come on new low!

I am going to see if I can do some legs tonight at the gym. Start with some leg press and go from there. Hip seems to be feeling pretty good now so will test it out and hopefully be able to get in some good work. It won't take much to get some stimulation with being pretty deconditioned to any of the compounds lifts for legs. If this leg session goes well I will up the anti a bit for my next lower body session. Since I have to wait until the 23rd, I am just going to follow some of the RP workouts for different body parts online then will start a true meso once I have the RP Hypertrophy App. Since I will be starting at lower intensity pushing this week and next week won't derail my progress.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
5/9/23 - Morning Weight 205.2 - Matched my current low today. Hoping to see a little more weight drop tomorrow after eating today, and get a new low. It will only take a 1/10th of a lb!!!! Come on new low!

I am going to see if I can do some legs tonight at the gym. Start with some leg press and go from there. Hip seems to be feeling pretty good now so will test it out and hopefully be able to get in some good work. It won't take much to get some stimulation with being pretty deconditioned to any of the compounds lifts for legs. If this leg session goes well I will up the anti a bit for my next lower body session. Since I have to wait until the 23rd, I am just going to follow some of the RP workouts for different body parts online then will start a true meso once I have the RP Hypertrophy App. Since I will be starting at lower intensity pushing this week and next week won't derail my progress.
It’s good the hip is doing better, I was wondering how it was doing.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It’s good the hip is doing better, I was wondering how it was doing.
Agreed! It was a major frustration while i was in the middle of making some decent progress.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/9/23 - Lower body Quad focus - All exercises done with a 4 second negative with pauses in both the stretched and fully contracted positions in the movement.

Stairmill - Level 1-2 - 6 minutes Got Heart Rate up to 169 and broke a little sweat. - Again I am doing these very slow, putting my hands on the handles in a rack position and brace myself against the front rack, and REALLY PUSHING the stairs down into full extension even down to the calves. Already had a leg pump by the time I got off of there. I feel this is far superior to just walking on it quickly for the goal at hand.

Seated Leg Curls - 70x15, 85x15, 85x15,100x12, 110x12, 115x12 - Last set hit 0-RIR, Touched weight stack, and curled legs to where the bar tapped the machine for every rep. I couldn't quite touch the machine at the bottom last rep but enough to call it a rep for sure. Hams were feeling toasty...

Leg Press - 90x25, 180x15 - This was on the leg press I hate at the gym. It has a really odd foot platform angle that made my feet start to cramp up a little. Just a horrible design... So I decided to stop these here.

Hack Squats (Rock Bottom) - 90x15, 180x12, 12, 11, 9, 8 - Holy Crap!!! These were pretty brutal... Foot placement was as low as possible on the platform, and each rep was taken as close to the stop as possible without touching and releasing the tension. I paused in the bottom for 2 seconds trying to maximise tension on the quads. Negatives were all 4 seconds.

Leg Extensions - 100x12, 140x12, 160x12, 160x12, 160x12, RP 9. RP 7, RP 5, RP 4, RP 3, RP 1 - My knees were buckling on me after this. Huge Pump!

I picked another session from RP site and thrashed my quads. Started with attacking the hamstrings to pre-exhaust them so the quads had to work harder. Session felt great, and no issues other than my adductors were really tight on the side my hip was hurting on. Got some good ROM work at the bottom though, and felt like it improved the flexibility in the area.

Daily Macros

==============================================================================

5/10/23 - Morning Weight 203.6 - NEW LOW!!!!
- I am really getting to understand my patterns now. I called this drop today. Was a little bigger than expected but just goes to show I did well last week in Austin at sticking to the goal at hand! Just stick to the plan man!

I am fasting again today, so we shall see what happens this week. Although my abs are not quite there yet, I still think my abs will be showing by the time my weight is 200 while fully fed a couple days in a row.

Last edited:
gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I bet you did get a good leg pump after all that volume. People often don’t realize how much adding slow negatives and a pause can significantly increase the work load and toast whatever body part you’re working on, and it really helps you stay focused on proper form. I see young guys at my gym blazing through exercises, but never progressing by adding weight or volume, and you try to tell them to slow down and actually feel what you are working. Congratulations on the new low on weight.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good News! I just did a bioscreening at work and my Cholesterol has dropped significantly with my weight loss. My lest test was somewhere between 220-240 I can't remember so going down to 166 total lipids is pretty good. My HDL dropped about 6 points though as well. I think this is likely from me starting the 200mg of Test a few weeks back, and also doing less intense cardio.

Also waist is down 4 inches from 40 to 36 inches, and BP is 123/74 after horsing around, and having 32oz of coffee today. Blood Glucose was 74.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thank you Sir!
Actually no, if I ran a straight cycle it would be 10MSten, and 10SD a day, or if a pulse it would be 20MSten, and 10SD only on training days. I can't run SD @ 20 for any appreciable time, but I love the effects.
Oh wow, OK. Have you run both together before? Just wondering if that combo would be just as rough as SD straight, if you have any experience.

Also, congrats on the new weight low! Super impressed with several of you guys lately, really kicking the fat loss into high gear. Makes me want to get off my lazy a$$.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh wow, OK. Have you run both together before? Just wondering if that combo would be just as rough as SD straight, if you have any experience.

Also, congrats on the new weight low! Super impressed with several of you guys lately, really kicking the fat loss into high gear. Makes me want to get off my lazy a$$.
No, I have not, but MSten is a lot milder than SD is. At least for me anyway. So although it will be more harsh than running MSten alone at the same total dose, it will not be as bad as if I ran SD by itself at those doses. So just trying to meet i the middle somewhere. However right now the plan is most likely to run Trest Ace for a little bit and see how it treats me. I don't plan on doing tons more of harsh cycles and have wanted to try trest for a while. I keep hearing such good things about it if you can keep the estrogen sides controlled. I am really intrigued to see how I react to it.

===================================================================================

5/11/23 - Morning Weight 199.8 - NEW LOW!!!! Down 3.8 lbs from yesterday. I was so busy yesterday I forgot to get in my sodium, so I dropped more weight than expected. Going to feed well today, and get plenty of sodium in. I think I will also do some back to back training today and tomorrow to get my leptin levels up a bit. I am also pulling back a little bit on the fasting during my upcoming run, and maybe before.

Oh no! Does this make me a woman now @Smont?

Training tonight will be an upper pull session biceps included, and tomorrow will be an upper push session triceps included.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
damn dude!
I know right! I was not expecting anywhere near as much of a drop in weight. It is pretty crazy how much the lack of sodium affects the weight drops. Although, it makes complete sense.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
No, I have not, but MSten is a lot milder than SD is. At least for me anyway. So although it will be more harsh than running MSten alone at the same total dose, it will not be as bad as if I ran SD by itself at those doses. So just trying to meet i the middle somewhere. However right now the plan is most likely to run Trest Ace for a little bit and see how it treats me. I don't plan on doing tons more of harsh cycles and have wanted to try trest for a while. I keep hearing such good things about it if you can keep the estrogen sides controlled. I am really intrigued to see how I react to it.

===================================================================================

5/11/23 - Morning Weight 199.8 - NEW LOW!!!! Down 3.8 lbs from yesterday. I was so busy yesterday I forgot to get in my sodium, so I dropped more weight than expected. Going to feed well today, and get plenty of sodium in. I think I will also do some back to back training today and tomorrow to get my leptin levels up a bit. I am also pulling back a little bit on the fasting during my upcoming run, and maybe before.

View attachment 232060

Training tonight will be an upper pull session biceps included, and tomorrow will be an upper push session triceps included.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I know right! I was not expecting anywhere near as much of a drop in weight. It is pretty crazy how much the lack of sodium affects the weight drops. Although, it makes complete sense.
it is really weird how much it can fluctuate. I think 4lbs or maybe a little more is the most I've seen drop off the scale in a 36hr and less than a lb is the least! That less than a lb day though I know a few things that were different for me:

A. did have some aminos on accident
B. no lack of hydration/salt
C. no cardio that day

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
For sure, lots of factors to track. We will be in a nice learning process over the next several weeks while we nail things down as things change for us.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
UGH! I just looked at fiber content of what I have for my meals today and I need to find some more fibrous sources of carbs up here at work today. I do have some low carb tortillas but not too sure how that fiber effects things. I have heard both good and not so great so... We shall see. I have some fruit up here too so may add some of that and maybe get some avocado or guacamole for fiber with healthy fats too. We shall see. I may even ask the wife if she wants to get chipotle and get some beans and brown rice in my bowl. Only problem is not knowing exactly what I am getting in macros there.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wow already under 200….yeah it is crazy how much sodium effects weight from day to day. You, Hyde, Dustin, all you guys using fasting as a tool for cutting weight, but still retaining respectable strength, have made a believer out of me. Man in the 90s I wouldn’t even consider fasting, not even intermittent, but that just shows the hard headedness and lack of insight back then. But when you think about it logically it makes sense, because man was hunter gatherers and may would go long hours or even a day or two between big meals.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wow already under 200….yeah it is crazy how much sodium effects weight from day to day. You, Hyde, Dustin, all you guys using fasting as a tool for cutting weight, but still retaining respectable strength, have made a believer out of me. Man in the 90s I wouldn’t even consider fasting, not even intermittent, but that just shows the hard headedness and lack of insight back then. But when you think about it logically it makes sense, because man was hunter gatherers and may would go long hours or even a day or two between big meals.
Agreed!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I bet you did get a good leg pump after all that volume. People often don’t realize how much adding slow negatives and a pause can significantly increase the work load and toast whatever body part you’re working on, and it really helps you stay focused on proper form. I see young guys at my gym blazing through exercises, but never progressing by adding weight or volume, and you try to tell them to slow down and actually feel what you are working. Congratulations on the new low on weight.
I am very intrigued in doing an eccentric/static training block at some point. I think it was Tom and Naomi Wolf (don’t quote me on names) on a Table talk episode going into detail on it.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
UGH! I just looked at fiber content of what I have for my meals today and I need to find some more fibrous sources of carbs up here at work today. I do have some low carb tortillas but not too sure how that fiber effects things. I have heard both good and not so great so... We shall see. I have some fruit up here too so may add some of that and maybe get some avocado or guacamole for fiber with healthy fats too. We shall see. I may even ask the wife if she wants to get chipotle and get some beans and brown rice in my bowl. Only problem is not knowing exactly what I am getting in macros there.
Every time I eat chipotle I lose weight. It’s like that South Park episode for me. I can’t eat chipotle no mo 🤣

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
There's something really primal about it when you get into the zone as well, it's a like a whole different type of training. Feels awesome. I PR'd bench and then hit my PR again this month after 6 days of 36hr fasts. The only downfalls I've seen are that it can make social life difficult (although I did attend one event having only diet coke), it can be a bit boring at times, and until you snap that keto boundary at times you can feel sluggish. For example, I have found waking up the 2nd day already fasted easier at times than going through the first day. Fasting also makes you realize how often you might grab food out of boredom / habit even though you don't "need" it. All that said, I definitely have felt better throwing in fasting vs traditional caloric deficits.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

View attachment 232060

Making short work of it!!! Good job man!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am very intrigued in doing an eccentric/static training block at some point. I think it was Tom and Naomi Wolf (don’t quote me on names) on a Table talk episode going into detail on it.
It is definitely effective and much safer way to build muscle than pistoning up and down. Also great for strength if you can find a way to increase the load during the eccentric like your spotter hooks or whatever those are. I probably wouldn't focus on it a ton during a strength phase though unless you can really increase the load during the eccentric phase. However, I also think we all tend to lower the big heavy loads slower just to maintain control and if heavy enough it ain't moving that fast regardless on the concentric.
Every time I eat chipotle I lose weight. It’s like that South Park episode for me. I can’t eat chipotle no mo 🤣
Awww that sucks. I love me some chipotle.
There's something really primal about it when you get into the zone as well, it's a like a whole different type of training. Feels awesome. I PR'd bench and then hit my PR again this month after 6 days of 36hr fasts. The only downfalls I've seen are that it can make social life difficult (although I did attend one event having only diet coke), it can be a bit boring at times, and until you snap that keto boundary at times you can feel sluggish. For example, I have found waking up the 2nd day already fasted easier at times than going through the first day. Fasting also makes you realize how often you might grab food out of boredom / habit even though you don't "need" it. All that said, I definitely have felt better throwing in fasting vs traditional caloric deficits.
Agreed, skipping that first feeding the day after eating plenty is a challenge during the morning then just drops off around 10:30-11:00AM for me.
Making short work of it!!! Good job man!!
Thank you Sir!

I just had someone bring me a nice plate of beef and chicken kabobs and some cilantro rice from one of the meetings I set up so now I have a little more grub to choose from up here. SWEET!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
it is really weird how much it can fluctuate. I think 4lbs or maybe a little more is the most I've seen drop off the scale in a 36hr and less than a lb is the least! That less than a lb day though I know a few things that were different for me:

A. did have some aminos on accident
B. no lack of hydration/salt
C. no cardio that day
Normal adult weight Is fluctuation is like 5 to 6lbs a day. Now we're different because we typically Eat the same amount of food and drink the same amount of fluids on a daily basis, so our normal Flux is much less. But I also think because we're so predictable in our daily lives that even small changes make for big difference.

If I'm eating the same amount of food evert day and I'm doing cardio daily, the first day I don't do cardio I wake up 2-3lbs more then my normal day to day Fluctuations. Probably extra water I normally would have sweat out hitting the bag or whatever

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Then throw a curveball like fasting, I've never gone more then 24 hours and I only did that like twice but I was like 10lbs lighter after thst

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Now we're different because we typically Eat the same amount of food and drink the same amount of fluids on a daily basis, so our normal Flux is much less. But I also think because we're so predictable in our daily lives that even small changes make for big difference.
I read your first line and in my head almost verbatim started replying to you with the rest of what you typed out lol. totally agree. the one thing I go back and forth with in my head is "there's nothing new under the sun" and generally speaking it really seems like the exact same principles that Arnold used, everyone still uses today when it comes to bodybuilding, cutting, etc. So fasting is a crazy insane alternative to the norms. I'm just enjoying it as a point of checks and balances that allows me to maintain strength performance, enjoy a slightly sloppier lifestyle with wife/friends, but also maintain control over fat. I guess in my head I could be suffering a caloric deficit every day, or just a fast once a week (as an extreme example). I mean, I'm still a big fan of cycling deficits, reverses, cuts, maintenance, etc too. just enjoying the experiment of fasting right now.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I read your first line and in my head almost verbatim started replying to you with the rest of what you typed out lol. totally agree. the one thing I go back and forth with in my head is "there's nothing new under the sun" and generally speaking it really seems like the exact same principles that Arnold used, everyone still uses today when it comes to bodybuilding, cutting, etc. So fasting is a crazy insane alternative to the norms. I'm just enjoying it as a point of checks and balances that allows me to maintain strength performance, enjoy a slightly sloppier lifestyle with wife/friends, but also maintain control over fat. I guess in my head I could be suffering a caloric deficit every day, or just a fast once a week (as an extreme example). I mean, I'm still a big fan of cycling deficits, reverses, cuts, maintenance, etc too. just enjoying the experiment of fasting right now.
This is exactly what you are actually doing though, just a different approach that is easier to stick to for you so it is a better approach for you. You can absolutely do all of these things with fasting. You eat 600 calories surplus 6 days a week then a 36 hour fast and you just did around maintenance calories for the week. I am the same way, for me it is much easier to schedule in fasts and stick to it like a ritual than it is for me to feel hungry ever day of the week trying to achieve the same deficit. Dr John Berardi, founder and owner of Precision Nutrition has a PDF booklet or article that explains his testing of the many protocols and he recommends the 1 or 2 full day fasts a week with a surplus on the on days you eat, and even more so the 16/8 on a daily are the two most anabolic options for intermittent fasting. I am pretty sure it is free but if not I have a copy if your interested.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This is exactly what you are actually doing though, just a different approach that is easier to stick to for you so it is a better approach for you. You can absolutely do all of these things with fasting. You eat 600 calories surplus 6 days a week then a 36 hour fast and you just did around maintenance calories for the week. I am the same way, for me it is much easier to schedule in fasts and stick to it like a ritual than it is for me to feel hungry ever day of the week trying to achieve the same deficit. Dr John Berardi, founder and owner of Precision Nutrition has a PDF booklet or article that explains his testing of the many protocols and he recommends the 1 or 2 full day fasts a week with a surplus on the on days you eat, and even more so the 16/8 on a daily are the two most anabolic options for intermittent fasting. I am pretty sure it is free but if not I have a copy if your interested.
Cool, just read this and found that PDF by John Berardi, I’ll give this a read this weekend, it looks really good.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/11/23 - Upper Pull - Everything done with a 4 second eccentric

Warm Up = 4 sets of light but gradually increasing intensity pulldowns, super set with 4 sets of Jefferson Curls.

Wide Grip Dead Hang Pull Ups (Chest to bar) 4, 4, 4, 4 - Holy Crap
these were hard! I did them with a 2-3 second dead hang at the bottom of each rep, then a 10 second hang after the last rep on each set. Getting the mid-chest up to the bar was new for me and so much harder than just getting my chin up there, and the dead hangs were getting brutal.

Assisted Pulls Ups - I did the RP's as a mechanical drop set by going from Wide pronated grip to slightly closer Neutral Grip, to Close Neutral Grip to Chin Up Grip with each set RP set.
BW-85 x13 RP. RP, RP
BW-85 x11 RP. RP, RP
BW-85 x9 RP. RP, RP
BW-85 x8 RP. RP, RP -
Damn this was a touch one, but fun and challenging. Unfortunately I don't remember any of the reps on the RP sets, these were all Dead hang stretches as well.

Neutral Grip Lat Pull Downs -
120x15
140x15
140x14
140x13
140x12, RP8, RP6, RP4, RP3 - Ouch!
Nice Burn, these are also done with a 2-3 second stretch at the top of each rep, 4 second negative and a solid pause at the bottom.

RP Style Bent Over Barbell Row -
95x8
95x7
95x6
95x5
45xAMRAP -
These were supposed to be in the 10-15 range but I couldn't get there after blasting the rest of my back... The method is brutal and isolates the mid-back a lot more than usual. No momentum used. Pauses at top, and dead hangs at the bottom for the stretch under tension. They were so damn hard!!! When I do these from now on I will start a little lower like 75 then work my way up from there.

Machine Pull Overs - 3 Myo Rep/RP sets - 2-3 seconds in the stretched position, 1 second hold at bottom, 4 second negative
110x15-20, RP, RP, RP, RP
110x15-20, RP, RP, RP, RP
110X12-15, RP, RP, RP, RP
- These were brutal. the stretch was ridiculous with these. I can't rmemeber the RP's I was too in the zone on these too.

Biceps -
RP Style Cable EZ Bar Handle Cable Curls
- Arms out in front of body squeezing the elbow in and raising them further at the top with a 1-2 second squeeze at the top, and a 1-2 second stretch by flexing the triceps at the bottom.
50xRPE9, RP, RP, RP, RP
50XRPE9, RP, RP, RP, RP
50XRPE9, RP, RP, RP, RP
50XRPE9, RP, RP, RP, RP -Holy Mackerel BatMan!
They just blew up his biceps! My biceps were toasty at the end of this. Also my chest was pumped like I had been doing high rep cable crossovers from the constant TUT of being flexed through the entire sets from trying to push my elbow together. Just intense!!!!

Biceps Brachialis and Rear Delts - 4-2-2-2 tempo - same method here, f;ex biceps at top and stretch biceps at bottom by flexing triceps for a second or two to hyper extend the elbow.
DB Drag Hammer Curls - 10x3 sets of AMRAP 20-30 reps - Jeebus! This was intense! The burn, and pump in both my arms, and my rear delts was off the chain. My rear delts looked like they were going to jump off of my shoulders.

Daily Macros -

I was very happy with how I was looking all pumped and jacked. My back, shoulders and arms were so pumped and lots of new vascularity showing in the front of my shoulder, my arms and my calves was awesome to see! Extremities are definitely really showing the fat loss. The dent in the middle of my abs now goes all the way down to my belly button, and you can see the separation of each row of abs starting to show from the side more. Everything's coming together nicely.

=================================================================================

5/12/23 - Morning Weight - 203 on the dot! _ @Smont you can call me Sir again! :)

Going to do a push session today, and eat all day today again. Since push muscles I will probably keep calories around the 2750-3000 range. No need for a lot more since the musculature trained today is the least amount of muscle mass involved outside of an arm and shoulder day.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
explains his testing of the many protocols and he recommends the 1 or 2 full day fasts a week with a surplus on the on days you eat, and even more so the 16/8 on a daily are the two most anabolic options for intermittent fasting. I am pretty sure it is free but if not I have a copy if your interested.
It makes a lot of sense to me. so far this is sorta the hypothesis I've come to:
16/8 is a smart way for an average person to improve general health, land in an easier caloric deficit, improve circadian rhythm.
however 36hr+ seems to be the sweet spot for gaining autophagy
throwing in light fasted cardio somewhere after 5hrs of eating helps to get you into ketosis and the fat burning zone faster

I might have to read this pdf. I can understand why 16/8 might be more anabolic but it certainly *seems* like the 36+hr fast + surplus has greater results.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It’s crazy how hard upper back work is when you try to totally isolate the lats. Taking forearms, biceps, any momentum out - they aren’t as strong solo as you might hope! I mean obviously we use strength in the real world whole body so it’s fine, but for targeted hypertrophy it can humble fast.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Wide Grip Dead Hang Pull Ups (Chest to bar) 4, 4, 4, 4 - Holy Crap these were hard! I did them with a 2-3 second dead hang at the bottom of each rep, then a 10 second hang after the last rep on each set. Getting the mid-chest up to the bar was new for me and so much harder than just getting my chin up there, and the dead hangs were getting brutal.
chest to bar definitely add an element man. even back in the xfit days with butterflies and kipping, going c2b was far far more difficult... I mean a legit chest to bar is this close to muscle ups.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It makes a lot of sense to me. so far this is sorta the hypothesis I've come to:
16/8 is a smart way for an average person to improve general health, land in an easier caloric deficit, improve circadian rhythm.
however 36hr+ seems to be the sweet spot for gaining autophagy
throwing in light fasted cardio somewhere after 5hrs of eating helps to get you into ketosis and the fat burning zone faster

I might have to read this pdf. I can understand why 16/8 might be more anabolic but it certainly *seems* like the 36+hr fast + surplus has greater results.
Yes Sir, now I don't think he did the 36 hour fasts with a bigger surplus like we are either. I think you are most likely right that the 1 36 hour fast a week with a surplus is probably going to achieve more growth. However if you look at it from being a natural, and actual protein synthesis stimulating feedings you have about 4 times a day you can feed to re-stimulate PS. With the 16/8 you only have 3 of those stimulative protein feedings available, so you are losing 7 options to stimulate PS. With the 36 hour fast you are only losing 4 of the PS stimulating feedings that week. I know this is probably just to simplistic of a thought process but it makes sense to me.

You should definitely give it a read, it is a quick read and since you fast regularly any new info you might glean from it is worth the small investment in time.
It’s crazy how hard upper back work is when you try to totally isolate the lats. Taking forearms, biceps, any momentum out - they aren’t as strong solo as you might hope! I mean obviously we use strength in the real world whole body so it’s fine, but for targeted hypertrophy it can humble fast.
Oh absolutely, those dead hangs completely changed the difficulty level, widening my grip about 6 inches on the pull up bar was also a huge change for me but the resulting stretch was awesome! I have tight lats so this is going to be something I do regularly for a while in hopes it loosens things up a lot more. My next pull session will be more rowing and just touching on the vertical to get a different stimulation profile. The other thing I like about this training is that it feels so much better for my joints and connective tissue. Plus BB style training has always been my bread and butter. That being said I am also looking forward to pushing strength with my newly built muscle mass later down the road. That being said, I intend to train BB style for the foreseeable future, and possibly do some sort of physique show. Preferably classic physique next year some time if I can hold this right shoulder together with this style of training. I desire working toward a competition somehow, and I think this is my best bet compared to another PL meet since heavy bench is messing with my right shoulder. We shall see how everything unfolds.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
chest to bar definitely add an element man. even back in the xfit days with butterflies and kipping, going c2b was far far more difficult... I mean a legit chest to bar is this close to muscle ups.
Yeah, that is exactly what he mentioned. He was like this gets the lats through more of the ROM because they are used not only during the pull up to the bar but also during the internal rotation required to do a C2B, and muscle up.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
However if you look at it from being a natural, and actual protein synthesis stimulating feedings you have about 4 times a day you can feed to re-stimulate PS. With the 16/8 you only have 3 of those stimulative protein feedings available, so you are losing 7 options to stimulate PS. With the 36 hour fast you are only losing 4 of the PS stimulating feedings that week. I know this is probably just to simplistic of a thought process but it makes sense to me.
yeah it's really mind expanding to break out of the normal "blocks" of "time" that we think in, and think in both smaller and larger segments (such as PS windows, or measuring both calories and anabolism over a weekly basis vs daily and hourly. hell for that matter we could expand upon that to explore 2, 3, 5, 9 day windows etc).

the other thing that I'm still trying to understand is the increased growth hormone and recovery from hard workouts.
if we are eating in a surplus, and in my case carb heavy, lifting heavy and hard, then entering into a fasted state which yields an increase in HGH, is this also leading towards better recovery??? Because it has felt that way...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You definitely get more connective tissue recovery during the fasts due to the increase in GH. GH has the most effect on connective tissue until things get into the big doses and add in insulin from my understanding. I am sure some of the other guys can shed a little more light on the subject.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/13/23 - Chest, Triceps and Shoulders

Warm Up - 5 minutes rowing machine alternating regular rowing with a kind of modified facepull row.
This rower was at Fitness planet and uses water for the resistance. It has a really long strap on the rowing handle so I was able to bring it all the way up rotating to the crown of my head. My external rotators were nice and warmed up after this. Elbows nice and greased up too.

Exercises performed with slow negatives, 2 second stretch at bottom, Controlled explosive Concentric, 1-2 second squeeze at top.

HS Iso-lateral Incline Chest Press - 40x12, 60x12, 80x12 100x12, 100x11, 100x9, 100x8, RP6, RP4, RP3 -
Serious Pump here, chest was already getting beat up.

Assisted Wide Grip Dips (Dead hang) - BW-100x13, 12, 11, 9 - Elbows pointing out - Really exaggerated the stretch at the bottom sinking as low as possible, and curling myself down deeper into the chest and triceps stretch. Chest was held high the whole time to increase stretch as well.

Assisted Close Grip Dips (Dead Hang) - BW-115x10,9, 8, 6, RP4, RP3, RP1 - Elbows pointed straight back - Really exaggerated the stretch at the bottom sinking as low as possible, and curling myself down deeper into the chest and triceps stretch. Chest was held high the whole time to increase stretch as well.

Super Set - 4-2-4-2 tempo
DB Skull Crusher - 10xAMRAP, 10xAMRAP, 10xAMRAP, 10xAMRAP
DB Bench Press - 10xAMRAP, 10xAMRAP, 10xAMRAP, 10xAMRAP -
This super set was very humbling.

Super Set 2 - 4-2-1-2 tempo
Cable Triceps Extension EZ Bar Attachment - 40xAMRAP, 40xAMRAP, 40xAMRAP
Cable Triceps Extension OH EZ Bar Attachment - 40xAMRAP, 40xAMRAP, 40xAMRAP
- Triceps were downright juicy after these!!!

Shoulders - Super Set 3 - 4-2-1-2 tempo
Super ROM DB Side Raises - 10xAMRAP, 10xAMRAP, 10xAMRAP, 10xAMRAP
High Barbell Upright Row-
10xAMRAP, 10xAMRAP, 10xAMRAP, 10xAMRAP >Drop Set to Arms only x AMRAP - Shoulders were toast, and so full of blood!

Lifestyle Straight Arm Pec Deck - 4-2-1-2 tempo - 80xAMRAP, 80xAMRAP, 80xAMRAP, 80xAMRAP - Stretches were exaggerated and last rep of each set the stretch was held for 10 seconds and 30 seconds on the final set. I also kept the elbows locked throughout all sets to maximize the stretch and ended up getting a massive stretch and pump in my biceps, it felt like a DC Biceps stretch it was so intense.

Solid and amazing RP style workout. I really think using this type of exercise execution might be the ticket to me staying healthy for a while and making some good progress on hypertrophy. Going to keep this up and see how things go on the gain train!

I finished up by going into the tanning bed to get a lil vitamin D and some color in this body of mine.

Another successful day of eating. I was pushing carbs, and calories were just a little higher than intended but still within my acceptable caloric range. Need to watch fat content, it sneaks up on you quick.

=================================================================================

5/13/23 - Morning Weight 206.1 - Up right at 3 lbs. Sodium, and Carbs were both high yesterday, so I held on to more. I know it was the Chinese leftovers I finished last night. I will be fasting until this afternoon.

By the way, I am feeling my entire upper body this morning, got a little of those 2nd day DOMS from my pull session and my shoulders and arms are feeling heavy.

Last edited:
gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pushing some nice volume in that workout. Those super sets will put a good pump on you. 💪

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Pushing some nice volume in that workout. Those super sets will put a good pump on you. 💪
@gphagan1 Yes Sir, trying to treat this next week and a half like the end of a meso where I should be pushing toward the limits so when I back off to 3-4RIR starting the program I will be in a great place for recovery and adaptation. Doing these very full ROM movements with the stretch under tension is really lighting me up too. It has been nice to go into training not being so worried I am going to feel pain from trying to force myself to push heavier weight to satisfy my ego. I was starting to get beat up so it was time for a change in focus. I want to build back up to about how big I was in my avatar then diet down for a show of some sort. Whether that be classic physique or even Fitness for that matter.

I imagine at a local show I will fit right in with the size of most of the classic physique guys though. Even when I was natural which I believe I am bigger now, I was at about 6% by 183-185. What a baby, I was only 36 then...

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
@gphagan1 Yes Sir, trying to treat this next week and a half like the end of a meso where I should be pushing toward the limits so when I back off to 3-4RIR starting the program I will be in a great place for recovery and adaptation. Doing these very full ROM movements with the stretch under tension is really lighting me up too. It has been nice to go into training not being so worried I am going to feel pain from trying to force myself to push heavier weight to satisfy my ego. I was starting to get beat up so it was time for a change in focus. I want to build back up to about how big I was in my avatar then diet down for a show of some sort. Whether that be classic physique or even Fitness for that matter.

I imagine at a local show I will fit right in with the size of most of the classic physique guys though. Even when I was natural which I believe I am bigger now, I was at about 6% by 183-185. What a baby, I was only 36 then...

View attachment 232118
That’s a good goal….man you really were jacked in that picture, definitely looked like you were in that 6% range. Classic physique probably would be a good goal for you.💪