Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I haven't been able to squat with a straight bar for years due to my shoulders, I bought a Dave Draper Top Squat and made a new bar for my Smith Machine,

Smith2.jpg
top-squat-top.jpg

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Merry Christmas everyone.
Thanks, and a belated Merry Christmas to everyone! I hope everyone had an amazing time with their families and loved ones!

I got in a great squat session Friday night!

12/23/22 Lower Body

Elliptical 6 minutes high effort
Single Leg Hip Thrusts x 3 sets

Straight Bar Warm Ups
Bar Only Hold in position 30 seconds x3
Bar Only x15, 65x10
- - I was surprised how quickly the shoulder loosened up.

SSB Squats - Bar x 15, 95x6, 115x6, 135x6, Belt On for protection and bracing - 155x6, 175x6, 175x6, 175x6, 175x6 - Performed with shoes off for better muscle connection and activation, and they went great. I was very happy with this performance for first time back under weight.

Bulgarian Split Squats - 3 sets of 5 = It amazes me how quickly the control on the right legs is lost and also regained. My ability to stabilize myself on it improved drastically by the 3rd set!

Leg Curls 70 x 3 sets @ RPE8
1 1/3 Leg Extensions 115 x3 sets @ RPE8 -
Nice pump and squeeze with these, the peak of the contraction is so strong due to how the attachment is set up so double dipping at the top really put the burn to them.

============================================================================

Christmas Eve went great with the family. I cooked two standing rib roasts to perfection. One of these days I will remember to take a picture of them but I always get into carving and taste testing first. More important to me is that everyone really enjoyed themselves. We had good food, some drinks and played pool for a couple hours just enjoying each other.

I got the Titan Wall Mounted Pulley Tower, and the Titan Close Grip Row attachment for Christmas and an electric lunch box, it apparently can cook your lunch, so you just put the stuff in there and plug it in and turn it on kind of like a rice cooker or something. Should be good to take some of my prepped meals. A lot of the things I prep end up mixed together anyway so that might be perfect!

12/26/22 - Vertical Upper Body

Warm Up = Rearranging Garage
Ring I-T-Y 10 each x 3 sets
Banded Internal and External Rotations 15 each x 3 sets

Mixed Grip Pull Ups and Chin Ups = 5 sets of 3
= Very pleased with this, especially knowing I am easily 225 if not more at the moment.

Landmine Shoulder Press - 45 x12 x 5 sets in a row - I took no rest at all with these just powered through alternating arms each set to challenge endurance both in my shoulders and my core.

Chin Grip Lat Pull Downs - 70xRPE8, 70xRPE8, 90xRPE8, 110xRPE9 - These really hit the biceps well too so doubled as biceps work
Iron Tec Dip Attachment - 90xRPE8, 140xRPE8, 140xRPE8, 140xRPE9

DB Side Raises - 17.5x15,17.5x15,17.5x11 -
These are feeling better and better.

I didn't do any isolation arm work because both dips and the chin grip lat pulls really hit the triceps and biceps well.

I am loving the progress I am seeing in strength and ability coming back. Even with this cycle coming to an end soon I know I am in a great spot to continue making strides in strength even as I start really focusing on leaning out after the new year.

Good news, even with some very relaxed eating over the weekend I noticed my upper abdomen is starting to take a little shape this morning in the mirror next to the window. So yeah good lighting but I will take it!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks, and a belated Merry Christmas to everyone! I hope everyone had an amazing time with their families and loved ones!

I got in a great squat session Friday night!

12/23/22 Lower Body

Elliptical 6 minutes high effort
Single Leg Hip Thrusts x 3 sets

Straight Bar Warm Ups
Bar Only Hold in position 30 seconds x3
Bar Only x15, 65x10
- - I was surprised how quickly the shoulder loosened up.

SSB Squats - Bar x 15, 95x6, 115x6, 135x6, Belt On for protection and bracing - 155x6, 175x6, 175x6, 175x6, 175x6 - Performed with shoes off for better muscle connection and activation, and they went great. I was very happy with this performance for first time back under weight.

Bulgarian Split Squats - 3 sets of 5 = It amazes me how quickly the control on the right legs is lost and also regained. My ability to stabilize myself on it improved drastically by the 3rd set!

Leg Curls 70 x 3 sets @ RPE8
1 1/3 Leg Extensions 115 x3 sets @ RPE8 -
Nice pump and squeeze with these, the peak of the contraction is so strong due to how the attachment is set up so double dipping at the top really put the burn to them.

Christmas Eve went great with the family. I cooked two standing rib roasts to perfection. One of these days I will remember to take a picture of them but I always get into carving and taste testing first. More important to me is that everyone really enjoyed themselves. We had good food, some drinks and played pool for a couple hours just enjoying each other.

I got the Titan Wall Mounted Pulley Tower, and the Titan Close Grip Row attachment for Christmas and an electric lunch box, it apparently can cook your lunch, so you just put the stuff in there and plug it in and turn it on kind of like a rice cooker or something. Should be good to take some of my prepped meals. A lot of the things I prep end up mixed together anyway so that might be perfect!

12/26/22 - Vertical Upper Body

Warm Up = Rearranging Garage
Ring I-T-Y 10 each x 3 sets
Banded Internal and External Rotations 15 each x 3 sets

Mixed Grip Pull Ups and Chin Ups = 5 sets of 3
= Very pleased with this, especially knowing I am easily 225 if not more at the moment.

Landmine Shoulder Press - 45 x12 x 5 sets in a row - I took no rest at all with these just powered through alternating arms each set to challenge endurance both in my shoulders and my core.

Chin Grip Lat Pull Downs - 70xRPE8, 70xRPE8, 90xRPE8, 110xRPE9 - These really hit the biceps well too so doubled as biceps work
Iron Tec Dip Attachment - 90xRPE8, 140xRPE8, 140xRPE8, 140xRPE9

DB Side Raises - 17.5x15,17.5x15,17.5x11 -
These are feeling better and better.

I didn't do any isolation arm work because both dips and the chin grip lat pulls really hit the triceps and biceps well.

I am loving the progress I am seeing in strength and ability coming back. Even with this cycle coming to an end soon I know I am in a great spot to continue making strides in strength even as I start really focusing on leaning out after the new year.

Good news, even with some very relaxed eating over the weekend I noticed my upper abdomen is starting to take a little shape this morning in the mirror next to the window. So yeah good lighting but I will take it!
Looks like everything is recovering really well….pull-ups followed by shoulder press is about as good a test as you could do.👍

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Looks like you put your time off work to good use!

SHORSE

SHORSE

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Standing rib roasts: Definitely need to take a pic next time. I bet it was tasty!

Good to see you got some work in over the Christmas break.
About your abs starting to show, Its funny you say that. after eating every goody in sight for the last month I have only put on 3-4 lbs. some how? and my abs still look pretty good for this time of year. I usually almost completely lose site of them by now. With my impingement I have been putting in more ab a leg work the last 10 weeks. maybe burning more cals. ?
The impingement is starting to improve over the last 3 weeks. Still get a little pain with certain movements, but at least It doesn't hurt all day and night.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Standing rib roasts: Definitely need to take a pic next time. I bet it was tasty!

Good to see you got some work in over the Christmas break.
About your abs starting to show, Its funny you say that. after eating every goody in sight for the last month I have only put on 3-4 lbs. some how? and my abs still look pretty good for this time of year. I usually almost completely lose site of them by now. With my impingement I have been putting in more ab a leg work the last 10 weeks. maybe burning more cals. ?
The impingement is starting to improve over the last 3 weeks. Still get a little pain with certain movements, but at least It doesn't hurt all day and night.
Yeah, they would make some nice pics.

Well, more starting to see things take shape not so much abs starting to show. Just a bit of a dent between the top two, and a little bit of a line on the top side. I still have a layer to go before I would say they are starting to show, more like they are starting to show where they are going to start showing. LMAO!

Sounds like you have done really well this holiday season with having to adjust to the impingement. I can fluctuate 10-12lbs with an increase in carbs so my weight jumps when I have a few days out of pocket like the last few. I have not been tracking but have also not gone crazy either. Just enjoying the last few days off with the family. Most of the Christmas goodies are almost gone now and still finishing up the last couple lbs of the standing roast so I have been in a caloric surplus for sure. Come new years I will be shifting gears into a cut. Using extended fasts similar to what @Hyde was doing based off of that video he posted. I had never thought about using multiple extended fasts in a row in that manner but it looks like a quicker way back to both being leaner and having more normal biomarkers. So I will give it a shot. IF has been my go to for leaning up forever so this is just another step in that progression.

I am going to get in some lower body work here in a little while. More than likely open with some dead lifts to see what I can do there. It will be the first time I did them since surgery and then I will hit up some leg press for quads.

SHORSE

SHORSE

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I tell my wife that there is snow hiding the abs in the winter, once it starts to melt the detail will start to come back. LOL

I've gotten lucky this holiday season. we have received about 6 care packages with every kind of sweets you can imagine. just cant gorge myself with them like I use to. its more of a grab one when I leaving the kitchen and not grabbing the whole box and hitting the recliner with them.

I have put most of the vendor goodies in the brake room this year. except for the jumbo can of popcorn, a nut tray, 2lb bag of Deer jerky! and a sleeve of York peppermint patties stashed in my mini fridge! its better when they are out of sight. Damn it, now Ill have to get up and grab one!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Haha, not so out of mind once you think about them eh?

That is how I have been handling it but my weakness this year has been that Sage started baking cookies from scratch and found an awesome recipe for these chocolate chunk and mini reeses peanut butter cup cookies, and they are still moist from Christmas Eve. Just amazing so I have to fight myself as I go by the tupperware container on the counter. Sometimes I win, and sometimes I lose that battle. Still doing way better than the all or nothing 10 cookies in a day munch fest it can turn into when I am not trying to still pay attention even though relaxing this last week.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am reading this while starring at a giant tub of cookies by the time clock !! I did eat one.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am reading this while starring at a giant tub of cookies by the time clock !! I did eat one.
I have had 2 today but I have been passing them for 8 hours now. So not too bad. Not too good either, but the cookies sure are. Merry Christmas to me.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I put away almost a 1/4 of rum cake this weekend all by myself. I couldn’t stop.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
12/27/22 - Dead Lift Day!!!

WU= Elliptical 8 minutes high effort
Banded Scap retractions - 15 x 3 sets
Kettlebell Swings with heavy bracing - 55x15 x 3 sets

Dead Lifts - 135x5, 155x5, 185x5, 225x5 x 5 sets -
Really focused on bracing hard and snapping my hips forward.

Leg Press - 315x10 x 5 sets - no lockout

Abs - Knees to Toes - 5, 5, 4

First time deadlifting since the surgery and it went very well. Weight was flying up, and I felt like I could have worked up to 315 easily but I didn't want to push the lower back more than I needed too. It got worked well by the end of the deadlifts I could feel some fatigue in the lower back. Upper back feels great, no issues at all with the shoulder at 225. Also happy that grip was there for DOH for all sets.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

That is how I have been handling it but my weakness this year has been that Sage started baking cookies from scratch and found an awesome recipe for these chocolate chunk and mini reeses peanut butter cup cookies, and they are still moist from Christmas Eve. Just amazing so I have to fight myself as I go by the tupperware container on the counter. Sometimes I win, and sometimes I lose that battle. Still doing way better than the all or nothing 10 cookies in a day munch fest it can turn into when I am not trying to still pay attention even though relaxing this last week.
Anything with Reeses in it is my weakness, especially if my wife brings home any Reeses ice cream. I tell her to please just hide it in the back of the freezer and maybe I won’t see it.😜

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hopefully the treats will a disappear soon !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Anything with Reeses in it is my weakness, especially if my wife brings home any Reeses ice cream. I tell her to please just hide it in the back of the freezer and maybe I won’t see it.😜
Oh yeah, add ice cream to the mix and it ain't gonna be easy!
Hopefully the treats will a disappear soon !!
They definitely are. My wife did go a bit overboard on candy as well and that will take a bit longer to go away, but I also have a bit more resolve there and willingness to throw out if need be.

12/28/22 - Morning Weight 221.4 - I am actually surprised it is this low. I guess I have done a bit better than I thought on weight gain. Only up 2-3 lbs which ain't bad. If I can cruise into the New year around this weight I will be pretty happy!

Out of curiosity I did measurements on arms and thighs. Just to see where I am and I am happy to say I appear to have evened out my arms already with the extra work tacked on for the left, and my legs are equal in measurements.

Arms Flexed no pump Right = 17 1/4, Left 17 3/8 - A month post surgery it was 16.5, and 15.5 on the left.
Thigh No Pump or Flex - 26.25 on both. - Probably doesn't sound too big, but I barely have any fat on my legs, even have a couple of quad veins showing during workouts, and have good muscle separation. So not going to lose a ton of size there as I lean up either.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh yeah, add ice cream to the mix and it ain't gonna be easy!
They definitely are. My wife did go a bit overboard on candy as well and that will take a bit longer to go away, but I also have a bit more resolve there and willingness to throw out if need be.

12/28/22 - Morning Weight 221.4 - I am actually surprised it is this low. I guess I have done a bit better than I thought on weight gain. Only up 2-3 lbs which ain't bad. If I can cruise into the New year around this weight I will be pretty happy!

Out of curiosity I did measurements on arms and thighs. Just to see where I am and I am happy to say I appear to have evened out my arms already with the extra work tacked on for the left, and my legs are equal in measurements.

Arms Flexed no pump Right = 17 1/4, Left 17 3/8 - A month post surgery it was 16.5, and 15.5 on the left.
Thigh No Pump or Flex - 26.25 on both. - Probably doesn't sound too big, but I barely have any fat on my legs, even have a couple of quad veins showing during workouts, and have good muscle separation. So not going to lose a ton of size there as I lean up either.
Looks like hard work and muscle memory is bringing you back quickly.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looks like hard work and muscle memory is bringing you back quickly.
Yessir! I have grown enough to feel confident in having some respectable size on the way back down.
Deadlifts === Nice work Kleen
Thanks! I was stoked about them too!
A 17+" Arm is a very respectful arm !!
Thanks, I think my largest was 18.5 with a pump and I would be willing to bet I am right at 18 with a nice pump.
Just not quite as lean so still plenty of room to improve.
I'm going to have to throw some away. just got way too many!
I think I will too, but most of what I have left are hard candies which can come in handy for some intra workout carbs. So I might keep them around as long as I don't find myself binging on them. It all comes down to how the will power is holding up. Either way, they will be put away or thrown away once I am officially cutting up.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
First day back at work, forgot to weigh myself this morning just trying to get out the door. My left shoulder is a little sore today. I tweaked it a little doing side raises the other day. Nothing bad, just going to have to warm it up well before my session later today. It is the only spot I have left that still gets inflamed from the surgery when pushed too hard. I am sure it will go away over the next few months. Pretty much the only cartilage left which takes the longest to complete healing. Plus I remember still having some pains by 8 months on my last SLAP repair but by 10 months I was pushing like nothing had ever been wrong.

Today is the Queen's birthday, so we are taking her out to Longhorn Steakhouse for dinner. Going to get me a dry aged ribeye for dinner. There's is dry aged for I think 37 days or something like that. Either way I always enjoy them.

I don't expect to be too busy today since there is hardly anyone working in the office. So hopefully I can get to the gym during lunch rather than pushing it until tomorrow. Even if so I will still get all my sessions in this week.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
First day back at work, forgot to weigh myself this morning just trying to get out the door. My left shoulder is a little sore today. I tweaked it a little doing side raises the other day. Nothing bad, just going to have to warm it up well before my session later today. It is the only spot I have left that still gets inflamed from the surgery when pushed too hard. I am sure it will go away over the next few months. Pretty much the only cartilage left which takes the longest to complete healing. Plus I remember still having some pains by 8 months on my last SLAP repair but by 10 months I was pushing like nothing had ever been wrong.

Today is the Queen's birthday, so we are taking her out to Longhorn Steakhouse for dinner. Going to get me a dry aged ribeye for dinner. There's is dry aged for I think 37 days or something like that. Either way I always enjoy them.

I don't expect to be too busy today since there is hardly anyone working in the office. So hopefully I can get to the gym during lunch rather than pushing it until tomorrow. Even if so I will still get all my sessions in this week.
That's good yall are going out for dinner this evening. Means she is feeling better.

Sometimes Longhorn will have Buffalo Trace in stock. Will go perfect with your meal 🤠

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I had to Google Buffalo Trace

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good luck getting your workout and Enjoy your steak and the time with your wife
Thanks! Unfortunately the workout didn't happen. Has two impromptu meetings during our lunch time to set up an massive arbitration we have to set up next week. The main players are in a different time zone so no other options. At least I will get back an hour of the PTO I used earlier in the week.
That's good yall are going out for dinner this evening. Means she is feeling better.

Sometimes Longhorn will have Buffalo Trace in stock. Will go perfect with your meal 🤠
Yes Sir, she broke her fever last night and said she is feeling quite a bit better. Her voice has come back quite a bit as well!
Buffalo Trace
I might have to give it a shot. However probably not since she won't be drinking since on antibiotics I may not either. Depends on if anyone else there wants a drink to be honest.
I had to Google Buffalo Trace
It's Bourbon baby!
:)
Happy birthday to the mrs! Longhorn is so damned good. Enjoy!
Thanks, and yeah I love their Delmonico Ribeye and a couple of the Fresno peppers to add some heat to the situation. Plus their Wild West Shrimp appetizer is the bomb!

LMAO' In the middle of posting this had impromptu meeting number 3 for this arbitration... I think someone forgot today was supposed to be a slow day for me!

Oh well this gives the tender spot in my shoulder one more day to improve so I can kill it tomorrow!

Good news is I fasted until 2:30 today then had some rainbow sushi, kept it very light so it won't get in the way of dinner tonight!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Enjoy the birthday dinner!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks! Unfortunately the workout didn't happen. Has two impromptu meetings during our lunch time to set up an massive arbitration we have to set up next week. The main players are in a different time zone so no other options. At least I will get back an hour of the PTO I used earlier in the week.

Yes Sir, she broke her fever last night and said she is feeling quite a bit better. Her voice has come back quite a bit as well!
I might have to give it a shot. However probably not since she won't be drinking since on antibiotics I may not either. Depends on if anyone else there wants a drink to be honest.
It's Bourbon baby!
:)
Thanks, and yeah I love their Delmonico Ribeye and a couple of the Fresno peppers to add some heat to the situation. Plus their Wild West Shrimp appetizer is the bomb!

LMAO' In the middle of posting this had impromptu meeting number 3 for this arbitration... I think someone forgot today was supposed to be a slow day for me!

Oh well this gives the tender spot in my shoulder one more day to improve so I can kill it tomorrow!

Good news is I fasted until 2:30 today then had some rainbow sushi, kept it very light so it won't get in the way of dinner tonight!
Love that Wild West Shrimp, and nothing like a good steak to celebrate a birthday.🥩🦐
And Happy Birthday to the Mrs.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yes Sir! It was good stuff, rolled fresh right in front of me.
Enjoy the birthday dinner!
Thanks we had a great celebration! Even had an old friend that came into town from Florida for something else surprise her for dinner.
Love that Wild West Shrimp, and nothing like a good steak to celebrate a birthday.🥩🦐
And Happy Birthday to the Mrs.
Thank You Sir!

Boy I am feeling the food hangover from last night. My steak came out great, the crispy brussel sprouts were on point and the Wild West shrimp was just a little spicier than normal so I really enjoyed it. The dessert was excellent too but I am feeling the food hangover for sure. JoAnn loved all of her gifts and was a very happy camper so I will call it all a great success.

I believe the office is supposed to be closing at 3:00 PM, so I am intending to go home and lift after work which should be awesome.

Even without intentionally gorging myself over the last week or so I have managed to get to a point where I am actually getting tired of the more relaxed eating. Mentally preparing myself for starting to lean down after the first. It's just about go time!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I like Brussel sprouts
Yeah, I am a fan too! My wife just looks at me eating them like I have lost my mind. I like them Roasted with olive oil kosher salt, pepper and sometimes garlic. I also love the recipe they have at Longhorn where they have them cooked in some red pepper and I am guessing honey.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am not a Brussel Sprout fan, my wife on the other hand will make a meal out of them...............

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am not a Brussel Sprout fan, my wife on the other hand will make a meal out of them...............
I think you have to try them like Kleen said, and they have to be fresh and crispy. Of course, high end restaurants like he visits would make them way better.

I’d say fresh sprouts are an 8. Day old sprouts are a 3 or worse. They don’t microwave well and aren’t good soggy.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hope everyone has a great New year's Eve and a wonderful new year!

I did some benching and DB Rows yesterday and saved myself for a beach muscle upper body session with a buddy I hadn't seen in about a year today. I will update them later.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Enjoy your New Years Day workout!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Welcome to the cookie monster club, LOL. My weakness for sure. My wife ended up making iced sugar drop cookies for the holidays and those things are like crack. Even after giving away a bunch to our friends on NYE, there's still one batch sitting on the counter...

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
A 17+" Arm is a very respectful arm !!
amen to that. while everyone else is needing extra leg work for their calves I'm doubling down on the arms usually cause my whole life my legs have been thicker than my arms.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Enjoy your New Years Day workout!
Thanks, I didn't get one in though. I misstepped on one of the stairs at my cousin's lake house and caught myself about 2 steps down then woke up with my back all kinds of tight, and opted not to push a lower body session and let myself heal.
Happy New Year
Right backatcha!
Welcome to the cookie monster club, LOL. My weakness for sure. My wife ended up making iced sugar drop cookies for the holidays and those things are like crack. Even after giving away a bunch to our friends on NYE, there's still one batch sitting on the counter...
Ain't it a beeyotch! We got rid of the Christmas batch and I will be damned if Sage didn't make more cookies last night! I have no excuses now so those are to be left alone. My goal is ZERO cookies from this batch!
amen to that. while everyone else is needing extra leg work for their calves I'm doubling down on the arms usually cause my whole life my legs have been thicker than my arms.
I sure hope your legs are thicker than your arms! ;) Johnny Bravo should not be the goal. I need a little more on both! Of course it always feels that way.

1/3/23 - Morning Weight 224.3 - not too bad, not too good but better than hitting 232 like I did on my anniversary trip! We should not see 224 again until my next bulk.

Feeling better today, going to get a session in tonight. I have a Upper & Lower Push / Upper & Lower Pull workout planned to start doing but I might hold off until next week just to feel my lower back out.

Fasted today until 2:00 PM but wanted to start getting food in early enough to have a good session tonight. I walked 10 blocks each way to the Chipotle downtown and got a double steak burrito bowl with black beans, brown rice, pico de gallo, peppers and a lot of salsa. With all the walking my insulin sensitivity should have been up a little before the meal. I only ate half of it and am about to finish it up to fuel my session tonight.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Chipotle sounds good right now!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks, I didn't get one in though. I misstepped on one of the stairs at my cousin's lake house and caught myself about 2 steps down then woke up with my back all kinds of tight, and opted not to push a lower body session and let myself heal.
Right backatcha!
Ain't it a beeyotch! We got rid of the Christmas batch and I will be damned if Sage didn't make more cookies last night! I have no excuses now so those are to be left alone. My goal is ZERO cookies from this batch!

I sure hope your legs are thicker than your arms! ;) Johnny Bravo should not be the goal. I need a little more on both! Of course it always feels that way.

1/3/23 - Morning Weight 224.3 - not too bad, not too good but better than hitting 232 like I did on my anniversary trip! We should not see 224 again until my next bulk.

Feeling better today, going to get a session in tonight. I have a Upper & Lower Push / Upper & Lower Pull workout planned to start doing but I might hold off until next week just to feel my lower back out.

Fasted today until 2:00 PM but wanted to start getting food in early enough to have a good session tonight. I walked 10 blocks each way to the Chipotle downtown and got a double steak burrito bowl with black beans, brown rice, pico de gallo, peppers and a lot of salsa. With all the walking my insulin sensitivity should have been up a little before the meal. I only ate half of it and am about to finish it up to fuel my session tonight.
ahahahaha yeah I meant calves, but you know lol.

do you have a target weight you're trying to hit?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
ahahahaha yeah I meant calves, but you know lol.

do you have a target weight you're trying to hit?
Not exactly, but I am planning to get down around 200, and seeing how I look. I was 204 in my avatar and if I look like that or close I will be pretty darn happy. However I might even go for 190-195 if I get the bug to want to see what it looks like.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
yeah man the avatar is pretty f'ing yoked. if life were a video game we could just use our favorite picture of ourselves until we run out of free guys and have to hit reset 😅😅

I have a collection of photos I call motivation in case I ever want to get that lean again haha

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
yeah man the avatar is pretty f'ing yoked. if life were a video game we could just use our favorite picture of ourselves until we run out of free guys and have to hit reset 😅😅

I have a collection of photos I call motivation in case I ever want to get that lean again haha
These are some of mine