Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am a big fan of magnaflow; they are a brand I’ve seen be quality material but also they pay attention to sound. It’s incredibly easy to make a car louder - remove all restrictions & chambers. It’s another thing to make it sound louder without becoming obnoxious.

Had a magnaflow on my trex-cam’d ls1 way back when, purely because I got a steal of a deal on it secondhand, and it was really good without being raunchy. I had electric cutouts after the catless Y-pipe so I could open it to race level when it was time, but the rest of the day when you’re coming and going through neighborhood you don’t really want all that off-road volume.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I think Magnaflow has such a nice clean sound. Too many people "kids" just take off any restriction they can even if their motor doesn't justify or gain anything from it and then end up with this raspy loud ass noise maker. Magnaflows sound more like a tuned exhaust where the sound is more important than just sheer volume and you can't get any less restrictive than these with the straight through design.

My son has his dumped right behind his downpipes, but I kind of hope one day he does the cutouts instead so he can have it reasonable at times. However now he has cut an extra 80lbs off removing the rest of the exhaust, so I don't see him wanting to add that weight back until he has his record set as fastest G70 in the world.

He is in the 10 seconds now at 10.91, while pulling timing a little, but this guy just beat him with a 10.79 so the race is on.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, I think Magnaflow has such a nice clean sound. Too many people "kids" just take off any restriction they can even if their motor doesn't justify or gain anything from it and then end up with this raspy loud ass noise maker. Magnaflows sound more like a tuned exhaust where the sound is more important than just sheer volume and you can't get any less restrictive than these with the straight through design.

My son has his dumped right behind his downpipes, but I kind of hope one day he does the cutouts instead so he can have it reasonable at times. However now he has cut an extra 80lbs off removing the rest of the exhaust, so I don't see him wanting to add that weight back until he has his record set as fastest G70 in the world.

He is in the 10 seconds now at 10.91, while pulling timing a little, but this guy just beat him with a 10.79 so the race is on.

Daaammmmmm!!!!!

SHORSE

SHORSE

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Whenever my wife and I go on a trip, I typically resort to push-ups and I take a pull-up bar that goes over the door. She’s used to it after 28 years of marriage. The most important thing is enjoying each other while having fun and getting in a little rest and relaxation.
When I'm on vacation I usually don't do Sh*t. Except when we go to the beach. I run down to the mini gym at the condo to get a pump on for the chicks! I get back and tell my wife I'm ready for the beach. after 30 years she just rolls her eyes! As we are walking down the beach. ill whisper in her ear that the 21 yr old chicks that just walked by were eye Fuc*ing me. she just laughs and says what ever. after 30 years we just don't really have any jealousy issues. She gets me back, but its usually true! LOL

SHORSE

SHORSE

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great point, I forgot I had a special loop with my set for over door and could have brought that. I brought my pack f bands for anything I might want to do outside of push ups.

Just anniversary, which is tomorrow, the big 20. We will be in New Orleans through Sunday. I jokingly mentioned the gym. She was like you can go, I ain't going to the gym on my vacation trip. LMAO. I told her no, the trip was my focus, and I might do a little something at the house but wasn't taking time out of our trip to go to the gym.
Congrats on 20!

SHORSE

SHORSE

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I forgot to mention I surprised the wife with a new exhaust for her 350Z. A little while back we were at the mall and a 350z with an exhaust drove by us. When she heard it she was like "Why doesn't my car sound good like that?" So while we were out of town I had my son go put a new y pipe and 2 magnaflow mufflers on it. When we got home while she was grabbing something out of the back of Flex I started up her ride and let the cold start rip. It has a really nice deep sound. We left the stock resonator on there to keep it from getting raspy since it is a 350z, they can get obnoxious easily. However I, and more importantly she is happy with the way it sounds. You should have seen her face when it started though. She was like wait, what is happening right now? LMFAO!

Next surprise, sneak it away to have it sport tuned!

About to smash an espresso and wait a little bit, and go get on the elliptical. I bet this is gonna be a rough cardio session. Wish me luck!
At least your wife wanted it to sound cool. My wife is set on these ugly ass pink wheels for her car. she looked them up and luckily they don't make them in her size!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
At least your wife wanted it to sound cool. My wife is set on these ugly ass pink wheels for her car. she looked them up and luckily they don't make them in her size!
View attachment 226499
So I am guessing you didn't let her know it could be resolved with spacers and adapters. LMAO, what type of car would she be putting those on? I can see those on some girl's HellCat out spanking the boys!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
12/19/22 - Waking Weight 230.8

Fasted Cardio - Elliptical 612 calories 45 minutes + cooldown

I will break my fast this evening with dinner. I sure hope the kiddo has plans for something tasty. Who am I kidding a turkey burger would be tasty enough after fasting all day today. I just hope they have it ready at a reasonable time. If not I will break my fast with a protein shake then jump into dinner.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I can actually see these on one of those for sure!

My wife used to want these rims in purple. I was like not if I ever have to drive it we aren't!

SHORSE

SHORSE

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I am guessing you didn't let her know it could be resolved with spacers and adapters. LMAO, what type of car would she be putting those on? I can see those on some girl's HellCat out spanking the boys!
No I'm not going to tell her. White Hyundai Veloster Turbo. Next she will want a pink racing stripe.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No I'm not going to tell her. White Hyundai Veloster Turbo. Next she will want a pink racing stripe.
Oh those Veloster N's are pretty sick you get those bad boys sport tuned and they really wake up. It is a nice turbo set up they have. Steer clear of those rims!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
those are pretty bad! LOL
Yeah what your wife wanted was definitely better. She also wanted the ones that look like flowers. I am like you aren't even that frilly in normal life my love what's with the frilly rims? Good thing is it already came with black staggered stance rims 8.5 wide on front and 10.5 on back looks nice and aggressive. So it was easy to get her to stick with what was on there already.

SHORSE

SHORSE

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh those Veloster N's are pretty sick you get those bad boys sport tuned and they really wake up. It is a nice turbo set up they have. Steer clear of those rims!
I showed her a set of rose gold rims. she didn't like them.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
12/19/22 Nutrition Info - fasted until 7:00PM

12/20/22 - Morning Weight 225.4 - down 5.4 lbs from yesterday.

Upper Body session on tap for later today.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
This is why I have my secondary cat put back on, well a high flow one but it was just too loud to park it between my house ans the neighbors. It created an echo chamber that would wake my wife up when I was on my way to the gym in the morning. I can't lie though, I continuously think about taking it back and having it removed again and just parking where my exhaust is out past the end of our house so it doesn't cause that echo.

I wanted a CTS-V for a long time. Still wouldn't mind it as a toy, but would have to go forced induction if I were to buy one now. The horsepower gets so insane with them so fast.
You know what's crazy, I bought that thing for a song in 2015, and in 2018 realized I needed a truck so I've had that for the past 4 years. the CTS-V is still selling for $6-10k more than I paid for it...

That’s really cool…..always good when you can do something for the wife and you like it as much as she does.

The CTS-V is a beast ……the times it posted at the Nurburgring, in Germany, is wild for a sedan.
yeah that and the cops ignore a 4 door grandpa looking car going down the road. I think that "sedan" saved my ass more than a couple tickets.

Yeah, I told her originally when we got the roadster that she should let me set it up for full on performance since she was having me stay in an SUV. However once she got it she was like it is fast enough, it sounds good enough, it handles well enough... So happy she is willing to let me fix it up a little. Now the tune she probably won't be privi to when that happens it will be, I am taking Z for a tune up. Then will be wow, I just got a tune up, you really think it is running that much better? Of course she is pretty smart so I think she will know better but by that time you think she will want to give up the extra 30 HP to the wheels and better powerband? I think not!!!! After that when we replace the struts I will have to sneak on a sway bar since I know she won't want it lowered. However, none of that happens until I get Flex lowered. He deserves some extra attention!
seems like you have the same approach as me... get her the hotrod so you can enjoy it 😂
I drive about 3k miles per month, my wife drives about 300... so my 2018 truck has double (literally) the miles her 2016 has. But I told her if we wanted a new car.. I'd buy her the Cadillac XT5 maybe. (she bought a Mazda CX5 before I was in the picture. This lets me go back to American). it's win win for me. I love the Caddi, but she'll put low miles on it, and I can drive it on the weekends lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You know what's crazy, I bought that thing for a song in 2015, and in 2018 realized I needed a truck so I've had that for the past 4 years. the CTS-V is still selling for $6-10k more than I paid for it...

yeah that and the cops ignore a 4 door grandpa looking car going down the road. I think that "sedan" saved my ass more than a couple tickets.

seems like you have the same approach as me... get her the hotrod so you can enjoy it 😂
I drive about 3k miles per month, my wife drives about 300... so my 2018 truck has double (literally) the miles her 2016 has. But I told her if we wanted a new car.. I'd buy her the Cadillac XT5 maybe. (she bought a Mazda CX5 before I was in the picture. This lets me go back to American). it's win win for me. I love the Caddi, but she'll put low miles on it, and I can drive it on the weekends lol
Yeah those CTS-V hold their value well. Plus so many of them in the 800-1000 HP with just a few modifications. It seems there is alway one or 2 on our big drives in that HP range. They are so misleading like you said. Of course I doubt when you had it straight piped that it being a sedan helped much. You probably just got lucky because there is no way they didn't hear that and know you had mischievous intentions. :)

That is one of the things I like about the Flex, no one expects it to be anything special. Not saying it is ridiculous or anything, but it runs 12's via the draggy while being a 5000lb SUV. On top of that no one expects it. On drives all I have to do is move a little slower than the rest of the group if a cop is around and I won't even get a 2nd look.

Yep on the had to get the wife a hot rod to have one at the house. I mean she gave me her blessing this last time and I almost got the supercharged Chrysler SRT 300, but it got sold out from under me, then a Chevy SS had the same thing happen. So I went back to the well and got another Ecoboost Flex. Once I upgrade the fuel system and put an E85 tune on it I should be able to get just over 500 at the wheel. Talk about a sleeper!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah those CTS-V hold their value well. Plus so many of them in the 800-1000 HP with just a few modifications. It seems there is alway one or 2 on our big drives in that HP range. They are so misleading like you said. Of course I doubt when you had it straight piped that it being a sedan helped much. You probably just got lucky because there is no way they didn't hear that and know you had mischievous intentions. :)

That is one of the things I like about the Flex, no one expects it to be anything special. Not saying it is ridiculous or anything, but it runs 12's via the draggy while being a 5000lb SUV. On top of that no one expects it. On drives all I have to do is move a little slower than the rest of the group if a cop is around and I won't even get a 2nd look.

Yep on the had to get the wife a hot rod to have one at the house. I mean she gave me her blessing this last time and I almost got the supercharged Chrysler SRT 300, but it got sold out from under me, then a Chevy SS had the same thing happen. So I went back to the well and got another Ecoboost Flex. Once I upgrade the fuel system and put an E85 tune on it I should be able to get just over 500 at the wheel. Talk about a sleeper!
That's insane, I had no idea the Flex could throw down 500 at the wheels!
I admit, I still look at SS Trailblazers, G8 GXP's, and the occasional GTO. There is that era of LS1/LS2 motored cars that I still love, under rated!

I mean my first choice is always going to be SS Camaro or Corvette, but since we do not have a garage I'm not getting anything that special for a while.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I admit, I still look at SS Trailblazers, G8 GXP's, and the occasional GTO. There is that era of LS1/LS2 motored cars that I still love, under rated!

I mean my first choice is always going to be SS Camaro or Corvette, but since we do not have a garage I'm not getting anything that special for a while.

View attachment 226542
I’ve got a Camaro SS and love it, very fast, and the wife loves it too. My daily driver is my GMC Pickup, so really the Camaro is for weekends, especially when we go up to the mountains.
It really is crazy the horsepower cars are making these days.
My first car was a 1966 Impala SS with a 365 hp
327, and I thought it was fast, but that new Camaro smokes anything I’ve ever had.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I remember a decade ago when I lived alone, no wife, I told myself I’d like to get a G8 GXP stick shift, or a first gen supercharged CTV-V Wagon stick to mod up…now the wagons were so limited edition they’re basically extinct, and finding a manual G8 GXP isn’t much easier. And in both cases…I now have zero interest in a car payment when I am still a new homeowner and can double down on mortgage currently, & have a toddler! Their value has only increased, being discontinued.

So I just drive my little sister’s old Corolla and tell myself maybe some day, when the boy can appreciate it more…

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I remember a decade ago when I lived alone, no wife, I told myself I’d like to get a G8 GXP stick shift, or a first gen supercharged CTV-V Wagon stick to mod up…now the wagons were so limited edition they’re basically extinct, and finding a manual G8 GXP isn’t much easier. And in both cases…I now have zero interest in a car payment when I am still a new homeowner and can double down on mortgage currently, & have a toddler! Their value has only increased, being discontinued.

So I just drive my little sister’s old Corolla and tell myself maybe some day, when the boy can appreciate it more…
Wife and I bought a Corolla S back in 04, stick shift. Still in the road at 250k. Only major fix was a new clutch at 110k. Clear coat is gone, but we fight iver who gets to drive that bad boy 💪

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wife and I bought a Corolla S back in 04, stick shift. Still in the road at 250k. Only major fix was a new clutch at 110k. Clear coat is gone, but we fight iver who gets to drive that bad boy 💪
We have a 2002 that our teenage Grandson wants, and it’s still a good little car, so he’s already cleaned it up and is all excited when he turns 16.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

holy **** get out of my head. those are literally the two cars my buddy and I watch regularly. I think they only made like 1500 wagons. prices have come down a little on them but they're still pretty high for older cars. I'd take one in a heartbeat.

The GXP.. I almost found a manual back when I bought my CTS V but it was DOUBLE the price. still cool though and a sorta rare sleeper nobody would recognize.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

View attachment 226542
Yeah, that is about where they top out unless you upgrade the turbos, there are a few Flexes running 11's out there!

I’ve got a Camaro SS and love it, very fast, and the wife loves it too. My daily driver is my GMC Pickup, so really the Camaro is for weekends, especially when we go up to the mountains.
It really is crazy the horsepower cars are making these days.
My first car was a 1966 Impala SS with a 365 hp
327, and I thought it was fast, but that new Camaro smokes anything I’ve ever had.
Yeah those things are pretty sick!

Agreed, we have one car note and I don't intend on another for a while.
Yeah those things are sporty fun. I almost got one back then but got a Malibu LTZ with the V6, that thing was torquee as all get out.
We have a 2002 that our teenage Grandson wants, and it’s still a good little car, so he’s already cleaned it up and is all excited when he turns 16.
Great first car!

Holding off on working out until this evening but sitting here trying not to pass out. Should have taken a recovery day off after the trip. I am sooooooo tired.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
holy **** get out of my head. those are literally the two cars my buddy and I watch regularly. I think they only made like 1500 wagons. prices have come down a little on them but they're still pretty high for older cars. I'd take one in a heartbeat.

The GXP.. I almost found a manual back when I bought my CTS V but it was DOUBLE the price. still cool though and a sorta rare sleeper nobody would recognize.
Yeah, I would love the CTS-V wagon, and those GXP's are beasts. Total sleeper from the look of them.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
12/20/22 - Push Day

WU = 5 minutes dynamic movement for blood flow
Quadruped Shoulder, Wrist and Core complex
Banded Internal / External Rotation, Band PAPs

Flat Barbell Bench - 45x20, 65x12, 75x10, 85x10, 95x10, 105x10, 115x9
Close Grip Bench - 55x12, 65x12, 75x10, 85x10, 95x8

Military Press - 45x15, 55x12, 65x10, 75x8

DB OH Triceps Extension - 50x15, 50x15, 50x13

I had a bit of indigestion so I decided to go with a push session instead of a push / pull session last night. I didn't want to make it worse bending over with weight, or have to brace so hard it started pushing acid up into my throat. In the end it was perfect because I needed more time to get warmed up with the barbell and to allow my stabilizers to recover in between sets.

Very happy with the performance here, I imagine to anyone looking this is light weight but first time touching a barbell since my surgery other than about a month ago when an empty bar was still hurting my shoulder when I tested it out. I had to use a lot of intention, especially on the negative portions of the exercises to really keep things stable and focused on the target muscles. My chest got pumped up better than it has in a long time. I am one of those guys that barbell bench really lights up my pecs. I was looking pretty huge when I went back into the house. Just pumped to the gills. My pecs are actually already feeling some DOMS which is exciting.

With my stomach still not too happy yesterday I fasted 18 hours then kept fiber, and total calories down. Everything I ate was easily digestible. Paying the penance for all the excess calories and spicy foods this past weekend while my stomach was still a little compromised from the orals.

Daily Macros

12/21/22 - Morning Weight 222.3 - down 3.1 lbs from 225.4 yesterday, and 10lbs from Sunday's weight.

Typically today would be a burn day, but I need to get in a pull session now. So I will be eating more today, but not quite as much as usual for a build day. I think I might actually spend the rest of the year on a push pull legs rotation. Finish out the year with as much growth stimulus as possible before the gear starts to subside.

JoAnn intends to start working out with me again after the New Year, so if she actually does, I will probably go to doing the old Full Body Giant Set Routine twice a week with her, then on the weekend push some cluster sets with bigger weights. That will help me with the slimming down efforts while still allowing me to increase strength and work capacity.

Last edited:
gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
12/20/22 - Push Day

WU = 5 minutes dynamic movement for blood flow
Quadruped Shoulder, Wrist and Core complex
Banded Internal / External Rotation, Band PAPs

Flat Barbell Bench - 45x20, 55x12, 65x12, 75x10, 85x10, 90x9

Close Grip Bench - 45x12, 55x12, 65x12, 65x10

Military Press - 45x15, 55x12, 65x10, 75x8

DB OH Triceps Extension - 50x15, 50x15, 50x13

I had a bit of indigestion so I decided to go with a push session instead of a push / pull session last night. I didn't want to make it worse bending over with weight, or have to brace so hard it started pushing acid up into my throat. In the end it was perfect because I needed more time to get warmed up with the barbell and to allow my stabilizers to recover in between sets.

Very happy with the performance here, I imagine to anyone looking this is light weight but first time touching a barbell since my surgery other than about a month ago when an empty bar was still hurting my shoulder when I tested it out. I had to use a lot of intention, especially on the negative portions of the exercises to really keep things stable and focused on the target muscles. My chest got pumped up better than it has in a long time. I am one of those guys that barbell bench really lights up my pecs. I was looking pretty huge when I went back into the house. Just pumped to the gills. My pecs are actually already feeling some DOMS which is exciting.

With my stomach still not too happy yesterday I fasted 18 hours then kept fiber, and total calories down. Everything I ate was easily digestible. Paying the penance for all the excess calories and spicy foods this past weekend while my stomach was still a little compromised from the orals.

Daily Macros
View attachment 226575

12/21/22 - Morning Weight 222.3 - down 3.1 lbs from 225.4 yesterday, and 10lbs from Sunday's weight.

Typically today would be a burn day, but I need to get in a pull session now. So I will be eating more today, but not quite as much as usual for a build day. I think I might actually spend the rest of the year on a push pull legs rotation. Finish out the year with as much growth stimulus as possible before the gear starts to subside.

JoAnn intends to start working out with me again after the New Year, so if she actually does, I will probably go to doing the old Full Body Giant Set Routine twice a week with her, then on the weekend push some cluster sets with bigger weights. That will help me with the slimming down efforts while still allowing me to increase strength and work capacity.
I bet it felt good to lay back on that bench and grab that bar…..there’s just something about coming back from an injury and you’re finally able to get your hands on a barbell, special.👍

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hey you still out benched me today!

I bet it felt good to lay back on that bench and grab that bar…..there’s just something about coming back from an injury and you’re finally able to get your hands on a barbell, special.
Feels like magic, can confirm!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I bet it felt good to lay back on that bench and grab that bar…..there’s just something about coming back from an injury and you’re finally able to get your hands on a barbell, special.👍
It absolutely did once I got over the initial trepidation. Confidence came on stronger and stronger with each set. I have to be honest, my right shoulder was more uncomfortable than my left. I still have to use a pretty elbows out press for the right side to feel okay or it rubs against my torn labrum.
Hey you still out benched me today!

Feels like magic, can confirm!
WooHoo! I actually went heavier than what is listed too. I need to go back and update, I forgot on my last sets I had 2 10's and 3 5's per side on regular bench, and only 1 10 and 3 5s on the close grip so both ended up being a heavier, 115 for bench and 95 for close grip. I just basically put the CGP numbers for regular bench then adjusted down for the other and knew something seemed wrong but couldn't figure out why I could swear I did 115 on bench.
Exciting! Glad to see you making headway brother
Yes Sir! It felt so good to finish up the session with everything still intact. Every time I try something new I get a bit nervous then end up so happy when it goes well!

Last edited:
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
12/21/22 Pull Session

WU = 5 min elliptical

Lat pull down 60x10, 80x8, 100x6

Pull up singles x 4 with 10-15 seconds rest in between attempts -
Nice and challenging, did not want to push any harder as there was slight discomfort so I will build on this.

Assisted pull ups -80x8, -60*6, -50*6, -40*6

DB Bent Over Rows - 40x8, 50x8, 60x8, 60x8 -
These went well, felt pretty strong for not having done them in a bit. Interestingly enough my right side was the weaker side again and not the one I just had operated on.

Barbell curls 65x8 x 3 sets

DB Hammer Curls 20x8, 20x6

Happy with progress again, did some more firsts since returning to training. Biggest one I am happy about is the pull up singles. I have not tried pull ups since surgery and was very happy to get 4 singles in! This was also my first time doing DB Ben Over Rows and I was pretty happy getting up to 60 on them after all of that vertical pulling.

Pump is downright silly, arms are full like balloons and back is thick and wide. Time for post workout shake, and some pretzels for carbs.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Somehow those look WAY BETTER than what I had in reality. LMAO! A small bag of Snyders Mini Pretzels, and a Strawberry Shortcake protein shake.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some bench volume always gets me from lighter weights too. Being effective for you is all that matters.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
12/21/22 Macros - Protein could have been higher here but I thought I forgot to add in a scoop of protein with dinner to make up the difference from what was made for dinner.

12/22/22 - Morning Weight 219.4 - Down another 2.9lbs and looking much better!

On tap for today is legs. I have to go to the store tonight after work so going to get in a session at work. I might try some light squats with a regular Oly bar and see how my shoulders feel. If not there will be some bulgarians, and or lunges mixed in with leg curls and leg extensions. We shall see how things go. The shoulder is a little tight from all the work so far this week so not too sure I will be able to get comfortable with the bar on my back but hopefully so.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Some bench volume always gets me from lighter weights too. Being effective for you is all that matters.
Exactly this, as much as I would like to be stronger I am growing like a weed from these lower weights. Although I know it must look a little funny from the outside looking in considering I look like I could move a house right now. 220 on a 5'7-5'8 frame is a lot of meat!

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Exactly this, as much as I would like to be stronger I am growing like a weed from these lower weights. Although I know it must look a little funny from the outside looking in considering I look like I could move a house right now. 220 on a 5'7-5'8 frame is a lot of meat!
We call that "BEEFY"

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
We call that "BEEFY"
@BOSSMAN That is too funny when I was in 6th and 7th grade my nickname was Beef! I forgot who gave it to me but it caught on quickly even a few of my teacher's called me that. Then the Where's the Beef commercials from Wendy's came out and all my friends had a lot of fun with that. "Where's the Beef? He's over there!" You might be too young to remember those commercials but they were very popular back then.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
@BOSSMAN That is too funny when I was in 6th and 7th grade my nickname was Beef! I forgot who gave it to me but it caught on quickly even a few of my teacher's called me that. Then the Where's the Beef commercials from Wendy's came out and all my friends had a lot of fun with that. "Where's the Beef? He's over there!" You might be too young to remember those commercials but they were very popular back then.

Oh I remember 🤠

Well back in the late 90s I actually worked where I work now believe it or not. Maybe 16-17 years old and all the women in the office called me "baby beef" 🙃

There is still one lady here in the office from those days and she will throw it out there every once and a while

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yesterday ended up being a burn day, I finished my warm up and went to start squatting and suddenly had to go to the restroom. It took too long so when I got back out I only had time to squeeze in 30 minutes of cardio.

Recumbent Bike - 30 minutes 308 calories

12/22/22 Macros
- Going to start pushing more protein and lowering fats and or carbs depending on the day.

I forgot to weigh myself this morning so not sure where I am right now in that regard. I assume I dropped a little more of the weight from the trip off.

I am either going to suit up in as much warm clothing as I can find and try squats in the garage tonight, or go get in a session at Planet Fitness for lower body. The Oly Barbell is still putting me in a pretty tight and somewhat uncomfortable position when trying to back squat so going to start just doing some holds with just the barbell lowering the barbell on my traps and adding weight while it stretches the shoulder so I can get back to regular squats. Until then my squatting will remain on the SSB.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IMG_2717.JPG

IMG_2718.JPG

I was wrong, MFP has a legit setup for IF. Bastards waited until I laid off of it

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yesterday ended up being a burn day, I finished my warm up and went to start squatting and suddenly had to go to the restroom. It took too long so when I got back out I only had time to squeeze in 30 minutes of cardio.

Recumbent Bike - 30 minutes 308 calories

12/22/22 Macros
- Going to start pushing more protein and lowering fats and or carbs depending on the day.
View attachment 226674

I forgot to weigh myself this morning so not sure where I am right now in that regard. I assume I dropped a little more of the weight from the trip off.

I am either going to suit up in as much warm clothing as I can find and try squats in the garage tonight, or go get in a session at Planet Fitness for lower body. The Oly Barbell is still putting me in a pretty tight and somewhat uncomfortable position when trying to back squat so going to start just doing some holds with just the barbell lowering the barbell on my traps and adding weight while it stretches the shoulder so I can get back to regular squats. Until then my squatting will remain on the SSB.
Since switching over to the Transformer bar permanently on squats, I’ve had zero bicep tendon pain. That switch and the increase in shoulder mobility has me feeling great.

I’m curious to see how the stretching works, because I do want to occasionally barbell squat again. Keep me updated please.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Since switching over to the Transformer bar permanently on squats, I’ve had zero bicep tendon pain. That switch and the increase in shoulder mobility has me feeling great.

I’m curious to see how the stretching works, because I do want to occasionally barbell squat again. Keep me updated please.
Will do! I definitely like using my SSB more and find it more challenging. So hypertrophy-wise and shoulder safety wise it is superior in my opinion. At the same time it feels like squatting with training wheels in a lot of other ways. The amount of work I feel I get in my upper back with barbell squats is definitely far superior to what I can achieve with the SSB and I love that feeling as well.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Be careful. I know someone who did this and their shoulder froze and they can no longer get under a straight bar.

Any shoulder positions you truly wish to maintain should periodically be trained. I have seen it rotated in every 4th or 6th week, or waving the specialty bars around a training cycle (safety bar first block, then buffalo, and peaking with straight bar). When I was doing all safety bar training, I did my deload weeks with the straight bar.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Be careful. I know someone who did this and their shoulder froze and they can no longer get under a straight bar.

Any shoulder positions you truly wish to maintain should periodically be trained. I have seen it rotated in every 4th or 6th week, or waving the specialty bars around a training cycle (safety bar first block, then buffalo, and peaking with straight bar). When I was doing all safety bar training, I did my deload weeks with the straight bar.
Thanks, this makes sense.