KetoForce- Patrick Arnold does it again.....and how!!

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
Keto Force contains the endogenous ketone body beta-hydroxybutrate (BHB) in sodium and potassium salt form. Ingestion of Keto Force will raise the levels of blood ketones (BHB and AcAc) for 2.5-3.0 hours after ingestion. When taken an hour before exercise this product has been shown to decrease the amount of oxygen consumed at a given power output.

It is suggested that this product be consumed during the initial stages of a ketogenic diet (three times a day for first 2-3 days) to accelerate ketosis and ease metabolic transition. The product may also be consumed prior to high intensity aerobic exercise to enhance performance.

*This product has an alkaline pH (~12) so it is best mixed with an acidic beverage (i.e. diet lemonade) prior to ingestion. Keep refrigerated.
Contains 480mL.

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I saw the other thread about it. I'm quite skeptical. So is the product claim that you can go into ketosis even while eating carbs?.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Like it says here?,

So, just to make things clear, is I have developed a supplement product that raises blood ketone levels. This product does not require a ketogenic diet to raise ketone levels as it is essentially providing an external source of ketones. As such, it will raise ketones even if you eat a plate of spaghetti before taking it (still, its benefits are maximized when combined with either a ketogenic or other sort of low carb diet).

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
Like it says here?,
There are ketones in your bloodstream, there will be glucose there too if you are still consuming carbs. This product is to ease the transition during the period when the body is switching over from glucose metabolism to ketone metabolism. Anyone that has keto dieted knows what I am talking about. It can also be used to increase performance even when not going ketogenic as it lowers the amount of oxygen required/used during exercise. This one has a lot of medical research to back it up. Human research

baldymcgee

baldymcgee

Awards
  • Established
is this only beneficial on a ketogenic diet?

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
is this only beneficial on a ketogenic diet?
No, it can help anyone. It can increase athletic performance and mental clarity. There are a myriad of benefits

JD261985

Banned
Awards
What about this TAA I see on the site? That's new as well

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What about this TAA I see on the site? That's new as well
The TAA is where its at for pump and ensdurance. 4 caps pre workout is great. I cant imagine what itd be like with some COP.

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
The TAA is where its at for pump and ensdurance. 4 caps pre workout is great. I cant imagine what itd be like with some COP.
Its F'ing amazing with COP, that's my new standard pwo regimen. I feel like I am Turbocharged with an NOS kicker

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
KetoForce First Impression

Used KetoForce for first time this morning prior to my squat workout. I am keto adapted, I didn't eat dinner last night. Just snacked lightly on pork rinds and a little sour cream, not a lot. I took my standard serving of COP and 4 TAA caps plus 30 mils of KetoForce. I felt my mind perk up after 15 minutes and this was pre coffee. My warm up sets on squats seemed totally effortless, into the 20 rep rep range. My working sets were easy, very easy, good sweat but not winded between sets as normal. My heavy sets normally triples turned into 5-6 reps. I resisted the urge to go higher because it seems when I do that injury follows. I had a stellar workout. and this is considering that prior to this my workouts have been amazing with the TAA. The KetoForce kicked it to the next level. This may be a heavy leg day staple. I don't cheat on my keto diet often usually every other week. and I have 3 heavy leg days a month, that makes it affordable for my uses.

I can see where this would be a boon to any endurance athlete. Even on my 20 rep squats my breathing never was labored

COP+TAA+BHB=OMG!!!!

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I saw the other thread about it. I'm quite skeptical. So is the product claim that you can go into ketosis even while eating carbs?.
yeah for about 3 hours

carbs block your bodies production of its own ketones. these are exogenous sources of ketones

its a pretty simple concept

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
good question...thats what I want to know.
No

Your body can burn ketones while on a normal diet its just that your body wont make ketones on a normal diet

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah for about 3 hours

carbs block your bodies production of its own ketones. these are exogenous sources of ketones

its a pretty simple concept

So say I cycle my carbs and have a carb up every 5 days. I could have my normal carb up days and then when I go back on the lower carb portion, on the first day of low carb I could basically be in ketosis that day, and stay in ketois even if I go over my normal 30 carb per day limit?. Since I doubt with the way I eat now that I even enter ketosis until maybe the 3rd or 4th low carb day. I'd still want to take advantage of the carb up though. Normally on Wednesdays I have a good strong weight workout because I'm still taking advantage of the carbs I had on Mon-Tues. By Friday though I'm feeling a bit tired again, Monday since I train fasted I'm pretty beat.

Based on my schedule and how I eat, just having a hard time figuring out how I would use it to take best advantage. Wed-Sun Low carb days, Mon-Tue is carb up. Maybe just take it Thursday-Sunday?. I just don't know. If I'm gonna purchase and try it out, just want to get the most out of it and have it last a long time.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
No

Your body can burn ketones while on a normal diet its just that your body wont make ketones on a normal diet
So if that's the case, what happens once the exogenous ketones are burned? I'm trying to better understand the benefit here. If our own hard earned fatty acids aren't being oxidized and thrown into TCA, and it's just the supplemental ketones then I'm extremely confused.

I know you're generally a few miles ahead of the curve, so don't take this as anything but genuine curiosity, similar to a puppy watching his owners have sex. Confusion/amazement.

HITFrank

HITFrank

Awards
  • Established
I'm about to start a keto-diet and wanna try KetoForce.

It is suggested that this product be consumed during the initial stages of a ketogenic diet (three times a day for first 2-3 days)
30ml x 3 times a day?

and then 30ml before workouts?

to accelerate ketosis and ease metabolic transition.
How does it accelerate ketosis?

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
So say I cycle my carbs and have a carb up every 5 days. I could have my normal carb up days and then when I go back on the lower carb portion, on the first day of low carb I could basically be in ketosis that day, and stay in ketois even if I go over my normal 30 carb per day limit?. Since I doubt with the way I eat now that I even enter ketosis until maybe the 3rd or 4th low carb day. I'd still want to take advantage of the carb up though. Normally on Wednesdays I have a good strong weight workout because I'm still taking advantage of the carbs I had on Mon-Tues. By Friday though I'm feeling a bit tired again, Monday since I train fasted I'm pretty beat.

Based on my schedule and how I eat, just having a hard time figuring out how I would use it to take best advantage. Wed-Sun Low carb days, Mon-Tue is carb up. Maybe just take it Thursday-Sunday?. I just don't know. If I'm gonna purchase and try it out, just want to get the most out of it and have it last a long time.
I am trying to figure out how to best use it too and right now I think its number one use would be for preworkout.

I think it would be an especially good preworkout calorie source for people already in ketosis. People in ketosis cant take carbs before preworkout so scratch that. They can ingest some protein but that ultimately ends up as glucose before its burned as energy so u cant take too much of that. You cant really ingest too much fat before a workout either because that is filling and takes some processing to yield its energy. If you can ingest ketones however that is ther perfect solution.

i thought about marketing this to help people manage the transition into ketosis at the beginning of a ketogenic diet but i am kind of downplaying that now as the pre exercise potential to me is so much more exciting

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
So if that's the case, what happens once the exogenous ketones are burned? I'm trying to better understand the benefit here. If our own hard earned fatty acids aren't being oxidized and thrown into TCA, and it's just the supplemental ketones then I'm extremely confused.

I know you're generally a few miles ahead of the curve, so don't take this as anything but genuine curiosity, similar to a puppy watching his owners have sex. Confusion/amazement.
This product will raise ketones for around 3 hours (for anyone, no matter what diet). For someone already in ketosis they will get an extra ketone boost and then should go back down to their baseline elevated ketone levels not long after that 3 hours. There wont be any glucose around so endogenous ketone production should kick back in

You want that elevatoin during workout time when your bodies energy needs are taxed. Its the same concept of taking carbs before exercise

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am trying to figure out how to best use it too and right now I think its number one use would be for preworkout.

I think it would be an especially good preworkout calorie source for people already in ketosis. People in ketosis cant take carbs before preworkout so scratch that. They can ingest some protein but that ultimately ends up as glucose before its burned as energy so u cant take too much of that. You cant really ingest too much fat before a workout either because that is filling and takes some processing to yield its energy. If you can ingest ketones however that is ther perfect solution.

i thought about marketing this to help people manage the transition into ketosis at the beginning of a ketogenic diet but i am kind of downplaying that now as the pre exercise potential to me is so much more exciting

So based on what you are saying and my workout and diet schedule it would seem best for me to take it pre-workout on Mondays, skip Tuesdays and Wednesdays to take advantage of the Carb load I do Monday-Tuesday. Then Take a dose again pre-workout on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Sundays are my off days.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
So based on what you are saying and my workout and diet schedule it would seem best for me to take it pre-workout on Mondays, skip Tuesdays and Wednesdays to take advantage of the Carb load I do Monday-Tuesday. Then Take a dose again pre-workout on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Sundays are my off days.

yes that is what i am thinking

others have to understand that this does not mean you cannot benefit from this product if you are not in ketosis at all. You can.

For your specific case though i think its best to conserve it for when you really an benefit from it. Cuz its not cheap

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

others have to understand that this does not mean you cannot benefit from this product if you are not in ketosis at all. You can.

For your specific case though i think its best to conserve it for when you really an benefit from it. Cuz its not cheap

Definitely not cheap, how much would I take pre-workout?. I'd hope to get at least 45 days of use out of it for the cost. I don't see that listed on the product page. It also says to mix it with an acidic beverage, would diet soda work ok for this?. Or does it matter what type of beverage is used?. Could I just take it straight?.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Definitely not cheap, how much would I take pre-workout?. I'd hope to get at least 45 days of use out of it for the cost. I don't see that listed on the product page. It also says to mix it with an acidic beverage, would diet soda work ok for this?. Or does it matter what type of beverage is used?. Could I just take it straight?.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just checked, shipping is $10 so it would be $89.95 total. Hopefully it would last 45 days at the very least or longer.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
30mL is the suggested serving but you can go higher if you wanted. the professor i am working with has gone as high as 125mL believe it or not

There are 16 servings per bottle. If you use it 3 times a week that will be 48 days of use

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
you can try diet soda but it will be masked better with something more acidic.

it has a pH of around 10 (not 12 as is said on our site) and is very concentrated so you will not enjoy drinking it straight

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
30mL is the suggested serving but you can go higher if you wanted. the professor i am working with has gone as high as 125mL believe it or not

There are 16 servings per bottle. If you use it 3 times a week that will be 48 days of use

In that case I'd go with taking it Mondays, Fridays and Saturdays. Thanks for the information, at least now I know how to best utilize it for my schedule.

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
In that case I'd go with taking it Mondays, Fridays and Saturdays. Thanks for the information, at least now I know how to best utilize it for my schedule.
I take it with extra tart lemonade I make specifically for it, half the water that you'd normally use and I can barely taste it

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
Oh, and I've used it twice, both on leg days and I've had the two best leg days of my life. I set pr's left and right today. I stacked the KetoForce with COP and TAA and it was like hooking up a super charger. Finally broke the 500lb barrier with a triple today and my squat routine lasted 45 min and didn't rest more than 1.5 min between sets and was never winded. I finished with 2 x 405 x 10 and could have gone longer...the way my legs feel at the moment ...its a good thing I didn't ....its a good pain

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh, and I've used it twice, both on leg days and I've had the two best leg days of my life. I set pr's left and right today. I stacked the KetoForce with COP and TAA and it was like hooking up a super charger. Finally broke the 500lb barrier with a triple today and my squat routine lasted 45 min and didn't rest more than 1.5 min between sets and was never winded. I finished with 2 x 405 x 10 and could have gone longer...the way my legs feel at the moment ...its a good thing I didn't ....its a good pain

I'm more interested in the endurance effects than anything else. Strength is great but I'm not really training for that. For the money I hope the product really brings on dramatic changes.

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
I'm more interested in the endurance effects than anything else. Strength is great but I'm not really training for that. For the money I hope the product really brings on dramatic changes.
Yes the amazing part was the stamina perhaps you missed me saying I was neverf winded. I am usually holding my sides and breathing like I finished a marathon after a squat routine like that one

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I need help finding people or websites or message boards to spread the news about ketoforce to. Places that are about ketogenic diet, low carb diet, paleo diet etc.

Thanks

HITFrank

HITFrank

Awards
  • Established
And you are on a strict Keto-diet? No carb-ups?

It is suggested that this product be consumed during the initial stages of a ketogenic diet (three times a day for first 2-3 days)
30ml x 3 times a day?

to accelerate ketosis and ease metabolic transition.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
And you are on a strict Keto-diet? No carb-ups?

30ml x 3 times a day?

I think its best used for preworkout, especially if you are on a keto diet.

It puts you in an artificial ketosis. You are ingesting ketones rather than relying on your body to make them. Since ketones are your bodies super energy source when on a keto diet you want to have more of them during training so you will have more energy during training (you cant take carbs before training obviously)

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
I think its best used for preworkout, especially if you are on a keto diet.

It puts you in an artificial ketosis. You are ingesting ketones rather than relying on your body to make them. Since ketones are your bodies super energy source when on a keto diet you want to have more of them during training so you will have more energy during training (you cant take carbs before training obviously)

How would this help get you in to ketogenesis wouldn't it just delay the depletion of carbs in the body by entering a new and temporary energy source?

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
How would this help get you in to ketogenesis wouldn't it just delay the depletion of carbs in the body by entering a new and temporary energy source?
I was kind of thinking the same thing. I don't quite understand this product except that it just has is burning exogenous ketones for a few hours, but why/how would that accelerate ketosis after the fact?

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
The product actually will lower blood glucose 10-15 points so I am not sure it delays depletion of carbs.

Anyway, it is primarily being marketed as a preworkout source of caloric energy that is superior to carbs and also completely suitable for dieters who must avoid carbs

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I was kind of thinking the same thing. I don't quite understand this product except that it just has is burning exogenous ketones for a few hours, but why/how would that accelerate ketosis after the fact?

You cant understand its utility as a preworkout supplement?

I am not claiming it accelerates your bodies own production of ketones

Everyone step back a second

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
The product actually will lower blood glucose 10-15 points so I am not sure it delays depletion of carbs.

Anyway, it is primarily being marketed as a preworkout source of caloric energy that is superior to carbs and also completely suitable for dieters who must avoid carbs
Ok thanks

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established

From my recent experiences, I am keto adjusted by the way, it is a nearly immediate energy source. Superior to carbing up and it seems to reduce my oxygen requirements substantially. I go longer and stronger and that's the truth. I'd use it every workout if I coudl afford to. I am reserving it for my high intensity days and it lets me push harder and longer than I ever have.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established

I think most people associate ketosis with weight loss and not performance enhancement. That might be the confusion.

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
ketones are the fuel your body generates when you are in ketosis. KetoForse is an external supply of that fuel. A ready available source over and above what your body produces

braskibra

braskibra

Awards
I need help finding people or websites or message boards to spread the news about ketoforce to. Places that are about ketogenic diet, low carb diet, paleo diet etc.

Thanks
PA have you considered the cross fit community, they generally seem to buy into many of the paleo concepts. There is also quite a few paleo and low carb forums out there ( caveman, lowcarb.org)

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
PA have you considered the cross fit community, they generally seem to buy into many of the paleo concepts. There is also quite a few paleo and low carb forums out there ( caveman, lowcarb.org)
This is a great idea. Crossfit trainees would definitely benefit from this.

boxer12

Awards
I ordered some. I'm just waiting to see the benefits for people who are not avoiding carbs.

Say if I took some right before I go on a long run. Will it help me run longer? Or push out extra reps...or if not consecutive reps...more sets?

Is it helpful injunction with carbs?

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
I have not used it carbed up, but it would be an additional source of energy in addition to the carbs in your system. I haven't heard from anyone that has used it this way yet. But it should help with both, the running longer and pushing out more reps.

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
I ordered some. I'm just waiting to see the benefits for people who are not avoiding carbs. Say if I took some right before I go on a long run. Will it help me run longer? Or push out extra reps...or if not consecutive reps...more sets?Is it helpful injunction with carbs?
Wondering the same wonder on a long run (20 miles or more) when would be the best time to take. Before hand or 1 to 1-1/2 in to run?

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I think most people associate ketosis with weight loss and not performance enhancement. That might be the confusion.

It seeems that way. People need to understand that ketones are an incredible calorie source for exercise performance,

They dont require insulin to enter the cell, they are immediately processed,. They generate a greater amount of energy with less oxygen required, and unlike most fatty acids they can enter the brain and are an excellent brain fuel

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
It seeems that way. People need to understand that ketones are an incredible calorie source for exercise performance,

They dont require insulin to enter the cell, they are immediately processed,. They generate a greater amount of energy with less oxygen required, and unlike most fatty acids they can enter the brain and are an excellent brain fuel
Will they take precedence over glucose if taken by someone not on a ketogenic diet? Sry if this has been mentioned already.