booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I find my push workouts usually take a little longer too and I think I know why... When you push, theres almost no way to really "speed cheat" reps. It has to go up only as fast as you can push it... when you pull, you can usually throw some body english on it and speed cheat the reps a bit. Seems to make sets a little longer (for me at least)

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome lifts Kat, glad yall had fun this weekend!! I know what you mean about Time lol I hate to rush but sometimes we have to. I have Christ starting travel baseball this coming week and one playing soccer.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Awesome lifts Kat, glad yall had fun this weekend!! I know what you mean about Time lol I hate to rush but sometimes we have to. I have Christ starting travel baseball this coming week and one playing soccer.
you chauffeur for Christ? that's a big gig haha

eddieaz

eddieaz

Awards
Luckily, I'm down to one kid playing traveling soccer this time of year. Had a soccer meet last weekend in Tucson. A lot of fun!

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol I meant Christopher my goodness I got no sleep last night and it's def showing up on here lol.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I find my push workouts usually take a little longer too and I think I know why... When you push, theres almost no way to really "speed cheat" reps. It has to go up only as fast as you can push it... when you pull, you can usually throw some body english on it and speed cheat the reps a bit. Seems to make sets a little longer (for me at least)
Very true! I think I'm also a little more cautious to fail a push vs a pull since it doesn't fall on you! Lol

Thank you! It's so fun to watch them play!

Luckily, I'm down to one kid playing traveling soccer this time of year. Had a soccer meet last weekend in Tucson. A lot of fun!
Oh I bet travel soccer gets crazy sometimes especially with multiple children playing!

Lunch session

Ski elliptical on highest incline 15 mins

Superset with jump rope

Squats
95x10
135x10
155x10
175x8, 155x8, 135x8
**Squats really felt great today! I haven't been able to do 175 in forever and I could've gone heavier but knew I had already done squats this morning- didn't need to overkill with volume.

Leg extensions
110x42 -2 min max reps

Wide pull ups
Bw x 9 with hold and flexing forward and back
Bw x 9 with hold

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
175 X 8 is very solid ...

turff49

turff49

Awards
Sweet! Great going, I want some of your energy!!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You're always killing it, Kat!!!! :)

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Deads
135x5
225x5
275x2
295x3
315x2 PR
335x1 PR
I was not prepared for this at all. No belt, no chalk. I sorta freaked out and made sure I didn't count the plates til the end. I didn't want to psych myself out. I haven't tried for a PR since August, I think.

Bilateral Pulls
15x20
25x20
35x20

Superset
Hamstring leg pulls
20x20x3 each leg
Quad leg raises
20x20x3 each leg
Spiffy new machines.

I didn't have a plan today. I just wanted to dead heavy because I didn't get to over the weekend (even though I was not prepared). I'm going to fit in as much before I leave for vacation and while I'm there, too!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Deads 135x5 225x5 275x2 295x3 315x2 PR 335x1 PR I was not prepared for this at all. No belt, no chalk. I sorta freaked out and made sure I didn't count the plates til the end. I didn't want to psych myself out. I haven't tried for a PR since August, I think. Bilateral Pulls 15x20 25x20 35x20 Superset Hamstring leg pulls 20x20x3 each leg Quad leg raises 20x20x3 each leg Spiffy new machines. I didn't have a plan today. I just wanted to dead heavy because I didn't get to over the weekend (even though I was not prepared). I'm going to fit in as much before I leave for vacation and while I'm there, too!
Killer job girl!!! That's fewaking awesome!!! Just blew my ass outta the water and I needa go back to the gym ASAP!!!

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
...I take my second rest day in a row and Kat and Puccah just kill it...

turff49

turff49

Awards
Dang!! Look at that dead PR!!! I'll craw back under my rock because you just embarrassed my deads...lol
Love a girl who can make me say "yes please, may I have another"! - meaning - you just spanked my *ss!!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Killer job girl!!! That's fewaking awesome!!! Just blew my ass outta the water and I needa go back to the gym ASAP!!!
...I take my second rest day in a row and Kat and Puccah just kill it...
Dang!! Look at that dead PR!!! I'll craw back under my rock because you just embarrassed my deads...lol Love a girl who can make me say "yes please, may I have another"! - meaning - you just spanked my *ss!!
Thank you, guys! I'm exhausted. I needed this heavy lift just to say that I still have it. I needed to FEEL it. :)

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm embarrassed as by PR deadlift wright is 315! You rocked it Puccah! Congratulations!!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm embarrassed as by PR deadlift wright is 315! You rocked it Puccah! Congratulations!!
Thank you! Noooo, lol, don't be embarrassed. I should be a lot stronger than this but I'll take it. :)

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
WTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH That is insane dead lifts girl I mean killer!!!!!! Awesome all around workout but dem dead's though smh

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You get off the train at PR central?! Good job puccah!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
WTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH That is insane dead lifts girl I mean killer!!!!!! Awesome all around workout but dem dead's though smh
You get off the train at PR central?! Good job puccah!
Thank you, guys! I'm pretty excited! :D

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good morning! That workout kicked my BUTT!!!! It just hit me as I started writing it up- I was only supposed to do 2 sets and then a triple drop set! No wonder my body is hurting! Hahaha
**side note all of my push muscles are nice and sore today!

Superset jump rope with all sets except rev flyes/leg curls- I SS them together.

Wide grip Pulldowns
55x15, 70x15
100x15
110x15
120x14
130x12, 120x13, 110x13

Straight arm Pulldowns w/ rope
47.5x12, 37.5x12, 32.5x13

Bb rows (over bench again)
95x15
115x15
135x12
135x12, 125x12, 115x12

Rope face pulls (eye level)
45x15, 40x15, 35x15

Ez bar curls
45x15
50x12
50x12
50x12, 40x12, 30x12

Preacher curls (plate loaded machine)
49x12, 39x12, 29x12

Rev flyes on pec deck
75x20
75x20
75x20
70x20

Seated leg curls
70x15
90x15
110x12
110x12, 90x12, 70x12
90x12, 70x12, 50x15

As time goes on I am struggling more and more with using my lower body! Hahaha

I hope you all have a great day!

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
UHMM wait what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol Well you need to get that lower body worked up!!! lol Jk solid workout!! How's the family??

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome DL numbers Puccah!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You ladies pull like champions! Your rows are always impressive Kat, and puccah, that's probably a top 75 or so deadlift in the country.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You ladies pull like champions! Your rows are always impressive Kat, and puccah, that's probably a top 75 or so deadlift in the country.
Herder, don't tease me like that! You make me want to compete! :D

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You should. We'll both compete in 2016. :) in FL, of course.
Lol, yessss! I'll def come to Florida! You, me, and Kat will all compete! It'll be after my first fight, too, so I'll be at a lower class weight!!! Woohoo!!!!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lol, yessss! I'll def come to Florida! You, me, and Kat will all compete! It'll be after my first fight, too, so I'll be at a lower class weight!!! Woohoo!!!!
That would be killer!!! I'd love to see you two ladies competing.

Killer session Kat! I swear just when I swear you guys are gna give us a break to catchup you guys up the bar

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That would be killer!!! I'd love to see you two ladies competing. Killer session Kat! I swear just when I swear you guys are gna give us a break to catchup you guys up the bar
You'll have to join us!! You're always killing it! :)

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They are opening up a planet fitness here! Omg! Lol I should join but it's in the ghetto, next to the swap meet. :/

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Deads
135x5
225x5
275x2
295x3
315x2 PR
335x1 PR

I was not prepared for this at all. No belt, no chalk. I sorta freaked out and made sure I didn't count the plates til the end. I didn't want to psych myself out. I haven't tried for a PR since August, I think.

Bilateral Pulls
15x20
25x20
35x20

Superset
Hamstring leg pulls
20x20x3 each leg
Quad leg raises
20x20x3 each leg
Spiffy new machines.

I didn't have a plan today. I just wanted to dead heavy because I didn't get to over the weekend (even though I was not prepared). I'm going to fit in as much before I leave for vacation and while I'm there, too!
Wtf ... monstrous deads

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
They are opening up a planet fitness here! Omg! Lol I should join but it's in the ghetto, next to the swap meet. :/
Planet Fitness goes out of their way to have signs on the wall that say no Deadlifting..!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Planet Fitness goes out of their way to have signs on the wall that say no Deadlifting..!
they also have no barbells which is beyond lame.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What?!? So crazy!!!!!
Personally I dont think they want bodybuilders and power lifters to work out there. They only want inexperienced
people & non body builders. Those that are looking to lose weight and/or just stay healthy.

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah Puccah you would be way to intimidating for them

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Personally I dont think they want bodybuilders and power lifters to work out there. They only want inexperienced people & non body builders. Those that are looking to lose weight and/or just stay healthy.
this is it for sure. My gf goes to one and loves it because everyone there is fat, old, lazy,etc. she said she feels like a god ha.

There's literally people that eat while they're in the treadmills and stuff. And not like a shake, I'm taking the free pizza they give out every Monday haha

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here's the scoop guys. Most money made in this business is by selling to people who don't come back. These kind of people are intimidated by people like us. So these places get rid of the intimidation and sign lots of people who pay for memberships and quit. It's as simple as that.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Here's the scoop guys. Most money made in this business is by selling to people who don't come back. These kind of people are intimidated by people like us. So these places get rid of the intimidation and sign lots of people who pay for memberships and quit. It's as simple as that.
not arguing the business model at all. They make a killing considering that their dropout or even limited show crowd is prob 85-90% of their clients ha. Frankly whoever came up with the idea is a genius and prob rich as hell now.

Just in terms of "functional gyms" they come up lacking.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
UHMM wait what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol Well you need to get that lower body worked up!!! lol Jk solid workout!! How's the family??
Family is good! A little allergy issues with my daughter but nothing major.

Thank you!!! Puccah is so freakin strong!!!

Hahaha yes!!! That would be awesome!! I'll compete in the kids category so maybe I can do pretty decent! Lol ;) Jk I wanna do it just for the fun of it regardless!

That would be killer!!! I'd love to see you two ladies competing. Killer session Kat! I swear just when I swear you guys are gna give us a break to catchup you guys up the bar
Thank you! You're always killing it!!

So true but very very sad!!