Kabuki's "VIDEO" Log - a little crazy fun for everyone

morry

morry

Awards
  • Established
Morry,

I will get with you on this. i have some very important things to attend to this week so it might not be till next week. You have pulled some of the concepts together correctly but needs some refinement.
No rush man, I understand. I'm just thankful you are on AM and willing to help me out. I really appreciate it.

Whenever you do get some time, could you also give me some pointers on one armed deads? I wanted something that will help me chisel my obliques out a little more and this was suggested to me. I'm just not sure about the form. I want to lift heavy, but safe. Pulling a muscle or crushing a disc would effin suck.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
One of our lifters Shawn Doyle posted a 1900 total this weekend setting all the drug free world records and winning best lifter at AAPF nationals. He should be around 2000 by worlds.

Still sick but down to a just coughing up a lung now. No utter exhaustion (some just not utter). But leaving town for a couple days as well so I hit the gym last night.

Bench
Wamup to 275x5 without slingshot and no pain
Slingshot on
335x5
385x5
440x7
Add 4 board
495x8

Inverted KB press
53x8,8,8,8

KB kickback (extended)
36x14,14,14

Voice pretty much gone at this point so called it and went home

Now time to go catch a flight. If today goes well and few other things fall into place, today could be a huge transitional point in my life. I'm ready to crush it.

morry

morry

Awards
  • Established
One of our lifters Shawn Doyle posted a 1900 total this weekend setting all the drug free world records and winning best lifter at AAPF nationals. He should be around 2000 by worlds.

Still sick but down to a just coughing up a lung now. No utter exhaustion (some just not utter). But leaving town for a couple days as well so I hit the gym last night.

Bench
Wamup to 275x5 without slingshot and no pain
Slingshot on
335x5
385x5
440x7
Add 4 board
495x8

Inverted KB press
53x8,8,8,8

KB kickback (extended)
36x14,14,14

Voice pretty much gone at this point so called it and went home

Now time to go catch a flight. If today goes well and few other things fall into place, today could be a huge transitional point in my life. I'm ready to crush it.
I don't know what you are talking about, but GOOD LUCK!!!

You are already "crushing" it. Lol.

Stay safe in your travels.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
still sick.

was in sacramento for a couple days but didn't have time to swing by supertraining to get a workout in.

SATURDAY
most everyone i talked to said this pnumonia like cold last for at least 3 weeks with last couple weeks all in your lungs. I'm 2 weeeks into it. Don't feel bad except hacking up crap outo of my lungs and exhaustion/lethargy...so time to train.

hit up Som Jack3d to fight the cold. Fasted training

DE Deads
warmup
585x1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1
w/30-45 sec rest and holdouts on all.

Circuit x 3 times
Seated DB shrugs 150x30,20,20
BW Rows x14,12,12
Grappler Side/Side 85x20,20,20
Sled Face Pull x25,25,25

SUNDAY

hit up Som yok3d to get a decent non stem workout in while fighting the cold. Fasted training

DE Bench
Warmup
145+160bands x5,5,3,3,3,3,3,3,20

Great explosion

Overhead lockouts
warmup then
335x5,8

Sled Tricep Extension x25,25,25

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Trailer for Stan Efferdings coming DVD “Proving It”
Filmed at Elite Performance Center in Portland Or.
http://eliteperformancecenter.com/
[youtube=q4AogEBeaRc]
[youtube]q4AogEBeaRc[/youtube]

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
MONDAY
Still sick, but improving daily. After todays workout my voice was just course…but I could actually talk! Although hacking up a lung between sets sucks. Figure I’ve got about a week left with the daily progress and talking to people that have had this nasty one.

SQUAT
55x5,5
165x5
275x5
385x3
Add 200lbs in chain (approx 50% deloading in hole)
585x2
695x3
805x3
915x1 good but too 5 seconds on descent!
950x1
Last one I dropped quick but it scarred me a bit and cut it WAY high. Felt easy

Standups
1040x3

Romanian Deadlifts
405x12
585x12

GHR Elevated
Bwx16,12,8,8

[youtube=rnFNwUy8zYs]
[youtube]rnFNwUy8zYs[/youtube]

ADDITIONAL NOTES
My shoulder popped on the first unrack of 1040 my right shoulder popped (no pain). When I was done I noted a feeling like when my collarbone has shifted before. Finished workout but went home and checked in mirror and it had shifted, as well as I couldn’t move shoulder through full range of motion without popping. Used my accuball between it and the floor and had my wife step and sit on my back while I hit all the main points and did some deep breathing exercises. Afterwards I didn’t have the ‘off’ feeling anymore, and my shoulder went through range of motion with no issues.

Have to work through lunch on Tuesday so had to cancel my massage at that time, but Thursday I’ll have chiro work on it and get a massage in his office as well. But right now no pain outside of right elbow, but I’ve got to deal with that till I decide to do the surgery.

morry

morry

Awards
  • Established
Wow, crazy workout as usual.

Be careful with your shoulders. Sounds like you got it under control. That is a lot of weight so it is understandable.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
this is the most inspirational log im subd to ....

i hope one day i can be hitting these numbers...

you pick that 585 up like its 135 lol .. i dont understand where you get this strength from.... (although you do have 35lbs on me lol)

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the comments guys. Things will get crazy the next couple months as I continue to put my bulk on...and get over this damn cold.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
WEDNESDAY
Went to the park with my kid Tuesday night for a couple hours. It was cold and the cold air did a number on my throat. I regressed.

Was forced to take a nice easy workout on Wednesday. This is getting old.

Bench
135x15
225x10
315x5
Add sling shot
365x5
405x5
Add 1” foam
455x6
Right shoulder (non surgery side but one with floating collarbone that moved Monday) held me back.
495x2
Felt good for 1 or 1.5 more reps but left it there.

Shoulder press
45 + #3’s doubled x 12,12
145 + #3’s doubled x 8,8

Overhead band Tricep ext
#4x16,16,16

[youtube=BtbzWh3QvCI]
[youtube]BtbzWh3QvCI[/youtube]

ADDITIONAL NOTES
Went to Chiro on Thursday morning. Left (surgery) pec is doing insanely awesome and barely feel any scar tissue with Graston. However my right collarbone I was unable to fully reseat by myself Monday night. Both sides were pulled away some and he finished moving (fun). Had some work done on my triceps as well as both elbows are killing me this week. While massage was being done on them my fingers started vacillating pretty crazy. Weird feeling.

Only thing doc suggested for squatting was to make sure I have everything pulled tight when I unrack. Overall shift was nothing compared to what I had let it get to before doing all this work I’ve been having done these last couple months. In comparison it was pretty minor…I just don’t like steps backwards. And frequent movements like that will weaken it and allow for a full shoulder dislocation…very bad.

Its Friday now and still have this damn cough…but feeling much better. Was hoping to have kicked by end of this week but at this rate I’ll be lucky to have it gone by mid next week. Wife still has it as well, so its not just me.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
SATURDAY 8AM
Fasted USP Labs style
http://www.usplabsdirect.com/forum/anabolic-pump/4208-ap-fasted-training-procotol-ftp-thread.html

Used some Jack3D again t keep this damn cold thing at bay…

Deads
Don’t remember warmups but added two sets of Mini’s quaded over. Band tension checker showed 100lbs extra off floor, 200 at knees, then rapidly going to 300 at lockout.
405+300x1
495+300x1
545+300x0 ripped out of grip right at lock
Add straps
600+300x0 didn’t drive glutes through as hard and fast as I should so just couldn’t finish the lockout

Bent over rows (double overhand no straps)
315x10,10,10

Circuit
1 warmup set at lighter weights then
2 work sets

DB Rows 150x20
Grappler Side/Side w/95x20
KB curls extended 18x??

That killed me…went home and my hands were shaking the whole way and didn’t stop. Fixed up a WMS and Protein shake along with Some Pslin and jumped back in car and drove to another gym.
By the time I got there my hands had quite shaking.

They were having a bench press for reps contest. It was funny, they only made the guys go down to elbows at 90 deg. They were letting anyone compete (except us that is). The most anyone did was 225x17. Even though I wasn’t competing I just happened to drop down on the bench right after the guy did 17 and flat backed 225x30 to my chest. Not my best but read above.

SUNDAY 7AM
Fasted USP Labs style
http://www.usplabsdirect.com/forum/anabolic-pump/4208-ap-fasted-training-procotol-ftp-thread.html

Used some yok3d today.

Finally feel like I’m getting over the hill on this cold/flu thing.

DE Bench (why after benching yesterday…don’t know)
Warmup then
145+160bands x3,3,3,,3,3,3,3,3 w/20-30sec rest

Overhead lockouts
225x12
315x12
335x11

Dips
BW+110x12,12

Overhead Band Extensions
#4x16,16,16

Really having to figure out how to lean out and brace myself with those band extensions and not have it just pull me back in with the amount I have it stretched. Will have to film.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
hey man do u always sumo when u dl>?

are you stronger doing it that way vs conventional?

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
hey man do u always sumo when u dl>?

are you stronger doing it that way vs conventional?
I was conv till about 2007. Was a 700lb puller. Then i switched to sumo and was pulling about 650 and built that up to 800.

Don't know what i can do conv now. I did 585 by 12 with SLDL no belt last week after squatting so i think it still up there a ways.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
I was conv till about 2007. Was a 700lb puller. Then i switched to sumo and was pulling about 650 and built that up to 800.

Don't know what i can do conv now. I did 585 by 12 with SLDL no belt last week after squatting so i think it still up there a ways.
nice.. mines just getting up to 6 now, i missed 585 at my knees today but that was after almost 10 sets...

not sure if u follow other logs or anything, but mines in my sig if u have any pointers for me...

your log inspired me to continue logging, even when im done with the current cycle im on lol

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
What's up Buki. I'm doing my biannual visit to AM to check in on the old homies. Get back to being fat like old times. :)

Hope you're well.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
MONDAY 5PM

well my first day in the gym not being sick was a bust. but lets see last week i squatted 950 and had 1040 on my back, benched 495x2 in a slingshot, and pulled 800 to lock and held 900. I was fried. Elbows were screaming at me so I decided to do SSB work but by the time i worked up to 405 with the SSB my strained abs and obliques were not liking me. Oh well....i actually did a deload day.

SSB Squat
415x1

Leg Press
2x8

GHR's
3x14

Prowler and rope
5min.

realy felt my last month of not doing any GPP due to being sick on the last bit.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
WEDNESDAY 5PM

Getting fat

Taking Monday light and getting a massage on Tuesday started helping a ton and elbows are feeling better.

BENCH
135x15
225x5,5
275x5
315x5
add sling shot
405x3
455x3
add 1" foam
495x3

[youtube=lQGmbq9ekJ4]
[youtube]lQGmbq9ekJ4[/youtube]

Inverted KB overhead presses
53x12,12,12,12

Seated Press
bar+#3's doubled+53crazy bells x5,9

those were tough...the 600lb raw bencher I was training with only got 9 as well.

Overhead band extension
#4x16,12,12,12

ADDITIONAL NOTES
Now that I'm well i'm going to give another run at dropping preworkout stimulants. Crushed a good Max Effort workout today using Yok3d!

Thursday AM had some massage and Graston done. Right shoulder and pec not doing so well (slipping collarbone side not surgery side) but elbows starting to feel great!

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
SATURDAY 8AM
Fasted USP Labs style

Deadlifts (actually just teaching some new folks)
145x5
235x3
285x1

Had a new guy, Tom, I’m working with who as of a month ago had never pulled over 400lbs before. His technique came in this morning…had him hold back and just do a couple triples at 450+. Nice progress!

Bent Over Rows
395x8
435x8
465x7

A little sloppy as I have not gone heavy on those in a long time.

Rack pulls
550ish x 2
Was hurting my pulled Ab/Diaphragm/psoas muscle.

Band Resisted Bench setups
3x5 w/5 second contraction at chest

Superset
Grappler Side/side
85lb 3x20
KB Face pulls
53lb 3x12

Kb curls extended
18lb 3x12

[youtube=63su462976U]
[youtube]63su462976U[/youtube]

ADDITIONAL NOTES
I had my pulled Ab/Diaphragm/pSoas muscles worked on a few times this week and thought I had them better each time…however a well placed sneeze or two and it fires back up. Might have to take squats eazy or put a suit on Monday to help prevent me from leaning forward and compressing it. Other than that and some shooting pains from some nerve issues in each of my elbows I’m doing great. The elbow problem doesn’t seem to bother me in lifting much just daily activities or odd movements.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
MONDAY 5PM
I feel all I’ve been doing lately is bitching about injuries I’m working through. Will try and do less of that and just note when decisions are based on that.

Squat
165x5,5
275x5
385x5
Add briefs
495x3
Add belt
605x3
715x3
Add wraps
805x3
Didn’t go as deep or as heavy as I would have liked due to pulled ab muscle. But overall a decent squat session.

Romanian Deadlifts
405x6
495x6
Cut it short due to ab and elbows

GHR
BW x16,16

Band ham curl
#4x30,30,30

I definitely have some serious issues going on that I need to have resolved. This will be my last time squatting with a regular bar until I do.

[youtube=iwGUyrEYS3Y]
[youtube]iwGUyrEYS3Y[/youtube]

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
did pretty much same bench workout as last weeks.

Bench w/slingshot an 1" foam
495x3.5

got out of groove on second rep and think i would have locked that 4th rep if I didn't have to work so hard on the 2nd to recover it. Still had a better attempt at that 4th rep than last week.

Band/Crazybell overhead lockouts
2x6

Overhead band extensions
#4 x16,16,16,12

Sled Face Pulls
x25,25,25,25

think i'm goin to hit some GPP for the first time in about a month this afternoon...if my son lets me as I will be taking him down to the gym with me

morry

morry

Awards
  • Established
You ever get time to look at my question a while back? I know you are busy but I'm struggling getting into super heavy weight with DL, Bench, and squat. I think my problem right now is I train TOO much to put on that kind of mass......i could PM you my split if you have the time to look.

I know you are busy so just let me know and I appreciate whatever time you have.

Morry

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Bumped up the volume and dropped the weights untill I get healed up. That pulled diagphram muscle just needs ome rest.

FRIDAY
Guantlet x 3 rounds

first time doing that for about 4-6 weeks (would have to check back in log) and felt quezzy in stomach.

SATURDAY

Back Circuit

Pullups x16,12,12,12
Band resisted Bench Setups x5,5,5,5 w/5 second contractions
Grappler Side/Side x20,20,20,20

Seated DB shrugs
150x25,25,25

SUNDAY

DE Bench
65+#1+#3 bands x3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3, Guess on total sets
w/30 sec rest

Inverted KB OH press
53x12,12,12,12

Rolling Skull Crusher
130x8,8,8

Kennely's
#3's x16,16,12

Extended Bell Curls
18x20,20,20

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
You ever get time to look at my question a while back? I know you are busy but I'm struggling getting into super heavy weight with DL, Bench, and squat. I think my problem right now is I train TOO much to put on that kind of mass......i could PM you my split if you have the time to look.

I know you are busy so just let me know and I appreciate whatever time you have.

Morry
Morry,

your answer
http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/showpost.php?p=434921&postcount=1024

training only talk here, no drug talk FYI.

Last edited:
kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
MONDAY
Decided not to squat to give my Ab a rest.

Prowler push+440lbs
400ft
200ft

Step Ups – never done these before but doing them on a tire sure was hard as it would compress as your were stepping up.
120lb DB’s x5,7,9,7

GRH’s
Bands and chain x 4 sets

Band Ab crunch
X30,30

Prowler Push +440lbs
200ft
200ft
200ft
200ft
About 12-30 seconds rest YEEHAWWW!!!!

[youtube=WVwRm0Hjh3w]
[youtube]WVwRm0Hjh3w[/youtube]

WEDNESDAY

Floor press W/Chain
Warmup then
255+200lbs x5,5,5
Add foam
285+200lbs x3,3

Didn’t know why they didn’t get way easier with foam till last rep I noticed my elbows were still hitting floor. All in all floor presses are one of my weaker lifts as it is actually a way longer range of motion for me than a flat bench press.

Extended Bell front delt raises
26x12
36x8,8,8,8

Extended Bell Kickbacks
26x16,16

Rack Lockouts
435x5,5 w/5 second holdout
525x5 w/5 second holdout

[youtube=5F3znqNF3wU]
[youtube]5F3znqNF3wU[/youtube]

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
MONDAY
Didn’t get to train over the weekend as we had a meet at the gym. But I figured the time off would treat me well….which it did. However I ate something bad on Sunday and had major diaharee all day Monday that finally let up about an hour before training time. Wasn’t going to train but decided to anyway when things go better.

SSB Squats
70x5
180x5
290x5
400x5
Add briefs
510x2 Shalow
620x2 shallow
730x0
…holy cow that SSB bar kicked my ass… I couldn’t even hold form on the way down…had them take it there.

Regular bar Squat
715x3
Add wraps
825x3
I didn’t sink those all the way to depth as I was a bit worried about balance issues in my state with really forcing that but wanted to get the work in.

Step ups to 18” box
100lb dbs x8,8,8 per side
Did first 1.5 sets with no straps but after that my fat dumell handles got me. Never done these much but this was hard.

GHR
Chain & band x10,10
Chain x10
Bwx10

Standing ab Crunch
#5x30,30

Was supposed to do 3 sets but while waiting to rotate in on last set my left ab and then my right ab cramped up. I ended up curled up in a little ball on the floor for about 10minutes. Someone had to run across street to buy me some pedialyte and bannana’s so I could get home.

GOOD NEWS!
No pain in elbows while squatting today. And despite the cramping in my abs the pulled Oblique/transverse Ab appear to be at 90% or better now! Rock on!

DECISIONS, DECISIONS
Two of coaches at my gym pulled me aside tonight and told me I’m stupid for attempting to compete in the 242’s this year and that staying in the single digit BF is killing my stability on squats and leading to some of my injuries…such as my frequent ab/hip flexors pulls. I’ve been working with these two for 10 years and I respect them a lot. I still plan on doing the 242’s for this august, but that’s probably it. Mind you they called me out BEFORE the cramping tonight LOL. They are right however…I was approaching close to a 1000lb gym squat when I had a thicker waist and was NOWHERE near the level of strength I have been at the last few years. I have struggled with the squat ever since dropping the lbs from a balance and core issues, and I struggle with weights that used to be easy…when I was way weaker than now.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
WEDNESDAY

Floor press w/200lbs in chain
Warmup then
255+200 x5,5
Felt easy so upped last set..and missed
265+200 x 4

Overhead Press
95+crazy bells x 8,6,6

Pressdowns
#5 x 16,10,10

Sled Face Pulls
180x25,25,25

[youtube=yNghgujDYnU]
[youtube]yNghgujDYnU[/youtube]

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
MONDAY 5PM
SQuats - SSB to 14.5" foam box
70x5
180x5
290x5
400x5 added belt
510x4
575x2

Squats - Regular bar/Briefs/wraps
735x2 high
825x2 hit depth on first one! second one i tipped forward to much

Step ups w/18" box
100db's x7,7

Glute Ham
Chain and Mini x 12,12,10,8

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
Lmao " step ups w 18" box and 100lb dbs 7x3"

You are a sick individual kabuki.... I showed a few of the trainers at my gym this log, they're all following it now lol

Keep killing sht... I'm getting stronger by watching

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
WEDNESDAY 5PM
Floor press w/chain
135x10
135+100 x5
135+200 x5
185+200 x5
225+200 x3
275+200 x5,5,4
Inverted KB oh press
53 x16,21,17,4

Rolling skull crushers
130x12,12,10,8

Nice PR on skull crushers last night, however my pec says I should probably take a week off next week.

[youtube=Usotpyw928s]
[youtube]Usotpyw928s[/youtube]

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Lmao " step ups w 18" box and 100lb dbs 7x3"

You are a sick individual kabuki.... I showed a few of the trainers at my gym this log, they're all following it now lol

Keep killing sht... I'm getting stronger by watching
LOL. thanks man.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
SATURDAY 8am
Fasted USP Labs style

Well I woke up Thursday with the cold my wife has been carrying around this last week. Barely made it though work Thursday and Friday.

And apparently the message my wife sent me on Tuesday when I told her I was sick wans’t her true feelings “Why don’t you go Deadlift something heavy. That ought to cure ya.” As when I woke up Saturday morning and said I was going to the gym she was quite adamant that I don’t go to the gym as I was sick. Normally this wouldn’t be an issue but we had long day and late night planned as we were leaving town to attend a friends wedding that night. I finally was able to go after promising to come home, clean, mow the lawn, dance at the wedding, and stay up late and not whine or act tired the entire day….

So off to the gym!

Bent over Rows
135x10,10
225x10
315x8
365x6
Add straps
405x8
455x10

Didn’t get the straps tight enough so had to set down twice….so in the ended up with 10 rows and 3 deadlifts in the set.

[youtube=tl_kpR2Bk-A]
[youtube]tl_kpR2Bk-A[/youtube]

Back Circuit
Seated DB shrugs (no straps) 150x20,20,20
Grappler Side to side 85x20,20,20
Face Pulls w/sled 135x25,25,25
Band Resisted Bench setups 5,5,5 w/ 5 second contractions on each.

ADDITIONAL NOTES
Saturday evening I also noticed its time I need to get fitted for a new suit. Its been awhile since any of my dress shirts were able to be buttoned around my throat and I just fake it with wearing the tie up higher. However I noticed my suit jacket was getting quite tight around my shoulders now. Guess next time I have some money it’s time to pony up for a new suit. It’s not like I was a small guy when I had my current one tailored.

[youtube=]
[youtube][/youtube]

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
cold was still hanging in yesterday. felt pretty good but got light headed on each set so called it early. Strength was there...just didn't like stumbling around. lOL. also couldn't focus enough to keep form in so heavy sets looked horrid.

SSB Box squats
14.5" foam box
180x5,5
290x5
400x5
510x3
575x2
15.25" foam box
575x3

looked horrible. But good deep box squats with SSB and only a belt.

inverted band ham curls
#4x25,25,25,25

band db gm
#5+#4+120'S X 12

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Actually stopped by gym last night on way home with the kid.

Still a little sick but doing WAY better. Think my immune system is actually picking up a little bit now. It toook a full week of my wife being sick before I picked it up and I'm already improved to the point she is when she is a week ahead of me.

Was showing a guy how to do the gauntlet and jumped in.

12min Total
6x150ft passes with 300lbs on Prowler
6x75 reps of rope swings

GHR's
3-4 sets I think

Standing Band Ab crunch
1 set

then my son wanted go home...and had smelly diaper!

[youtube=KzdcKs2iTe4]
[youtube]KzdcKs2iTe4[/youtube]

TheKanezzi

Awards
Actually stopped by gym last night on way home with the kid.

Still a little sick but doing WAY better. Think my immune system is actually picking up a little bit now. It toook a full week of my wife being sick before I picked it up and I'm already improved to the point she is when she is a week ahead of me.

Was showing a guy how to do the gauntlet and jumped in.

12min Total
6x150ft passes with 300lbs on Prowler
6x75 reps of rope swings

GHR's
3-4 sets I think

Standing Band Ab crunch
1 set

then my son wanted go home...and had smelly diaper!

[youtube=KzdcKs2iTe4]
[youtube]KzdcKs2iTe4[/youtube]
Kabuki, im pretty sure that ur not a human. There has to be some steer in you family somewhere.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Kabuki, im pretty sure that ur not a human. There has to be some steer in you family somewhere.
ROFL...been accused of not being human a lot...but never steer. Thats a new one.:bigok:

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
WEDNESDAY
Mostly just a little congestion left over from this cold now.

Decided to make a run at it today! Regular heavy barbell bench. No sling shot, no foam, just a little chain weight. First time going heavy to chest with no support since the surgery!!!!

Little scary.

Bench
135x5x5
Add 100lbs in chain w/about 50lbs deloading
135+100x5
225+100x5
275+100x5
315+100x5
365+100x3 Yehaw!!! No pain also at least 405-415 off my chest unsupported. 465 @ lock
315+100x5 forgot the 25’s…lol
365+100x3 Yehaw!!! No pain also at least 405-415 off my chest unsupported. 465 @ lock

Overhead lockouts w/band tension and crazy bells
Unknown x 10
More x5,6,5

Inverted KB Overhead press
53x12,12

Rolling Tricep Extensions
130x8,8,8

[youtube=9h_VHfhDN6s]
[youtube]9h_VHfhDN6s[/youtube]

edwitt

edwitt

Awards
  • Established
Must have been a real relief to go heavy on the bench without any pain

Excellent news

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Must have been a real relief to go heavy on the bench without any pain

Excellent news
Yes! I'm at least back over 450 raw right now. Closing on 500 pretty much anytime I start pushing it hard

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
SATURDAY 9am
Fasted USP Labs style

Out of town visiting the folks in law for the weekend. Dropped into a crossfit gym that I know.

Bent over rows
45x10
135x10
225x10
315x8
Add straps
405x8
495x6
Not the cleanest but decent range of motion

CIRCUIT
Grappler side/side 85x20,20,20
Rear delt flys on rings BWx8,6,6
Side KB raises (extended) 26x10,10,10
One are Rows 145x12,12,12

One are rows were done with a barbell as they didn’t have any heavy DB’s so made balancing interesting but it worked. Also decided to mess around with Heavy inverted KB presses even though it wasn’t pressing day…gym had heavy ones so what the hell.

Inverted KB Overhead press
70x,1,0,0,0,4

Pullups – Strict and slow
BW x20,12,12

Have not done a lot of elbows due to aggravation of elbow in last few years but it went well with no issues!

[youtube=3w44cM26Tk8]
[youtube]3w44cM26Tk8[/youtube]

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
MONDAY
Despite having a few ugly looking squats a good workout. Especially as I went down to the gym after just finishing a 3.5hr drive so I was a little tight.

SQUAT SSB to 14.25” foam box
65x5
175x5
285x5
395x5
Add belt and 15” box
615x1,1

YES…that is a huge jump in progression! I got under it unracked and went down to the box and went HOLY ****!!! Why is this thing so hard to move! Its crushing me! LOL…thought I had 505 on the bar and was supposed to be last warmup before hitting 575. Got it for a new PR even if it wasn’t pretty. Then hit it again afterwards.

Squat Regular bar and briefs
750x1
825x2
875x1

Knees shifted on the last one and I cut it high…also just wasn’t strong enough.

AFS Leg press
6 plates x 8
8 plates x 7,7

Band DB GM
2 sets #5’s + 120’s x 8
Didn’t have energy leves for them so quit there.

GHR
Chain +band x16,12,6
BWx6

And yes…there are a bunch of women in the gym who are members of the cycling team….and yes they all have very nice legs and glutes :)

[youtube=AOY73CUlNwA]
[youtube]AOY73CUlNwA[/youtube]

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Guess I Have not updated my log this last week. Still struggling overcoming a couple nagging issues right now. Backing off in some areas but ramping up volume a bit and adding in some extra workouts.

See what I can remember

WEDNESDAY
BENCH w/150in chain
315+150 x 1

I hurt so I shut it down.

Sled chest press/flys x100 reps
Thruster shoulder press machine 4x16
Sled tricep extensions 4x25

THURSDAY
Sled Face pulls x25,25,25,25
Maybe some other stuff.

FRIDAY
Took it off.

SATURDAY
Deads
675x1,1,1
715x1
Easy but on my toes a bit half way up….need to figure out whats wrong.

Circuit x 3 times
BW rows x16
Grappler side/side x20
Pullups x12

SUNDAY
DE Bench
12-16 sets I think w/30 sec rest

Superset x 3times
Face Pulls w/ seld x25
Tricep extension w/seld x25
Front raise w/bell extended 18&26 x 12

MONDAY
Squats w/suit (FIRST TIME IN OVER A YEAR!)
895x1,1 high but supa easy
925x0

GHR
Chain+band x16,16,16

Band bad girls
#3x15,15,15

TUESDAY

Cirucit x 3 times
Prowler push 305lbsx 150ft
Prowler push 305lbsx 150ft
Revers Hyper x20
Roman chair Situp/twist x 12

WEDNESDAY
BENCH w/150lbs in chain
135+150x5
225+150x5
275+150x3
315+150x3,3
Very little chain deload so tough as hell
Raw benching is hurting me so going to quite for awhile

Inverted KB Press
53x12
70x5,7,0
SWEET!

Thruster Shoulder Press machine
#5+45 x12,12,12

Sled Tricep pressx25,25,25

Triceps swollen up like balloon’s and no Elbow PAIN!!!!!!!!!! Going to do these for awhile and drop all other tricep stuff and see what happens.

[youtube=03kUHeGIoXw]
[youtube]03kUHeGIoXw[/youtube]

ADDITIONAL NOTES
Elbows continue to be an issue. Practitioner is going to start working on ligament as muscle issues with forearms and triceps don’t seem to be issue anymore. However pressure on the joint that doesn’t activate the muscle still causes issues. Taking another approach.

Ab (inner oblique)…I need to quite aggravating it but most anything heavy does so. And a sneeze or cough stops me in my tracks and sets recover back a few days. Had some Graston done on it this AM and have MyoTape on it for next 4 days now. Started foam rolling it daily 3 days ago.

DIET
So I get lots of questions about my diet and time to update as making a change. You may or may not know I followed some intermittent fasting methods for going probably 1.5 years and fasted training methods since 2007. This really helped me lean out and post surgery I took it a little to far which I think has exacerbated my injury frequency. So for the last 3-4 months I have been off any sort of diet and eating to gain fat. I feel I have added enough fat at this point.

I am still doing a LEAN BULK now however so I won’t be returning to the full 16hour fast (IE Leangains.com methods) but will be sticking with a 2-3 hour fast upon waking (aprox 12hrs) with green tea in the morning. This will be complemented by a carb backloading (see Kiefer dangerouslyhardcore.com) which I was playing around with (combined with intermittent fasting) when I got to lean post surgery. Reducing the fast from the 16 hours is solely to allow for another meal or two to get my macro’s high enough to continue to bulk.

Hope this makes sense I’ve done a few write ups about the different methods and how I emply them in in threads I started on Ironaddicts.com and eltiteperformancecenter.com

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
SATURDAY 8AM
Fasted USP Labs style

Drank a botlle of wine the night before then didn’t sleep well. Bad idea…felt like crap. Not doing that again.

Deadlift
Warmup then a quick progression
515x1
565x1
615x1
665x0x0x0 kept loosing grip.
Waited a few minutes and then used some liquid grip
66x3 no issues

Believe I resolved my issues with my form I was having the prior week.

Band resisted Bench Setups
3x5 w/7 sec contractions

Pullups
X12,12,12,12,12

Side Lateral with extended KB
3 sets

Some Grip work with gripper and holding a weight (see vid)

[youtube=q3VVoO_PJPg]
[youtube]q3VVoO_PJPg[/youtube]

SUNDAY 8AM
Fasted USP Labs style

DE Bench
Couple warmup sets but felt a twinge in my left bicep. And its disturbingly close to surgery so quite. The inside tendon to the bicep has been tight for the last few weeks and the pull-ups yesterday didn’t hurt.

Chest Press/flys w/Sled
100reps

Tricep Extension w/sled
100reps

Thruster shoulder Press
X18,18,18

SUNDAY 5PM

6 Min GPP session w Rope/Prowler/70Kb

MONDAY 5PM

Second day in squat suit in the last year. First time was last Monday.

SQUAT
165x10
275x5
495x3 add briefs
605x3
715x3 add suit
825x1
935x1x1 add wraps
Felt solid, should have gone a little deeper. Hit it twice but on second one I bent over a bit more at bottom making it move much slower on way up.

Step Up’s
70’x10,10,10
120x5,8

GHR’s
Band and chain x16,16,16,16
These were drop sets on some dropping chain and band at different points

[youtube=hsv4l7QHlEE]
[youtube]hsv4l7QHlEE[/youtube]

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
kabuki wats your weight like?

i find myself in the gym thinking to myself, "how does that mother****** lift so much weight!?"

i tried to do the standing WOD, and i got 5, and then smashed my face into the ground and pulled an ab

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
kabuki wats your weight like?

i find myself in the gym thinking to myself, "how does that mother****** lift so much weight!?"

i tried to do the standing WOD, and i got 5, and then smashed my face into the ground and pulled an ab
Carefull with those standing WOD! It will kick your ass. I have not done them for about a year now. Scared at moment to try them till have pec really healed up again.

BW is averaging 242 upon waking. about 245 during day. I'm 5'9" and fairly lean.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
Carefull with those standing WOD! It will kick your ass. I have not done them for about a year now. Scared at moment to try them till have pec really healed up again.

BW is averaging 242 upon waking. about 245 during day. I'm 5'9" and fairly lean.
the standing wod is rough thats for sure.... but a 935 squat? WTF

ive never used a shirt/slingshot/suit/belt or wraps and my best lifts are

575 dead
365 bench
425 squat

if i started training with suits and whatnot, what do you think those numbers would jump to?

edit: 245/lean is big... im only about 205 right now lol

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
the standing wod is rough thats for sure.... but a 935 squat? WTF

ive never used a shirt/slingshot/suit/belt or wraps and my best lifts are

575 dead
365 bench
425 squat

if i started training with suits and whatnot, what do you think those numbers would jump to?

edit: 245/lean is big... im only about 205 right now lol
Thats really tough to say man. So much is in technique and also developing your strength curve. Putting it on doesn't make you stronger right off the bat. But to give you a frame of reference I'm 460+ish bench right now and should be back to 100% soon. Dead was around 700 raw when I did that last in 2007 so should be higher now...especially as I can rep out 600 on Romainans and Straigh leg deads. Should be around 700 raw squat as well. So for me I'm getting roughly 200lbs out of my shirt, 250 out of my canvas suit and briefs, and less than 100 out of my deadlift. This is very advanced gear and technique for an elite lifter however.

If you want to try lifting gear out I suggest you find a powerlifting group or gym. You won't be disapointed!

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
Thats really tough to say man. So much is in technique and also developing your strength curve. Putting it on doesn't make you stronger right off the bat. But to give you a frame of reference I'm 460+ish bench right now and should be back to 100% soon. Dead was around 700 raw when I did that last in 2007 so should be higher now...especially as I can rep out 600 on Romainans and Straigh leg deads. Should be around 700 raw squat as well. So for me I'm getting roughly 200lbs out of my shirt, 250 out of my canvas suit and briefs, and less than 100 out of my deadlift. This is very advanced gear and technique for an elite lifter however.

If you want to try lifting gear out I suggest you find a powerlifting group or gym. You won't be disapointed!
yeah im told that it takes time to even learn how to use a shirt.... i have been thinking of trying a competition sometime soon, Il find someone with some gear and let yu know how i turn out