Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I thought you asked this for a reason.. lol
I was contemplating the effects of 3000 calories on your physique. I would think you should be about to grow and as long as your metabolism is good you should not put on a lot of fat. Just thinking out loud.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I was contemplating the effects of 3000 calories on your physique. I would think you should be about to grow and as long as your metabolism is good you should not put on a lot of fat. Just thinking out loud.
With the current weight and activity level, I am probably just about 150-200cals shy of maintenance. Will see how my weight moves this week and then decide if I should increase cals or not.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I wish I could eat 3000 calories a day! I have the metabolism of any old man........Wait

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Today's Work

Gear

L-Carnitine
Humalog 2iU

Push A

Smith Incline Chest Press (Tempo- 2:0:2:0)

Feeder Set: 30kgs- 12, 50kgs: 12, 55kgs: 10
Working Set: 80kgs- 12
Back-off Set: 70kgs- 10

Pronated DB Fly (Tempo- 2:0:2:0)
Working Set: 15kgs- 15, 12

Smith Flat Bench Press (Tempo- 2:0:2:0)
Working Set: 75kgs- 12, 9

Pec Dec Fly (Tempo- 2:1:1:2)
Feeder Set: 40kgs- 15 45kgs: 15
Working Set: 50kgs- 15 55kgs: 12

Machine Shoulder Press
Feeder Set: 30kgs- 13, 12
Working Set: 40kgs- 12, 50kgs: 8 + 4 partials

Machine Shoulder Hammer Press
Feeder Set: 30kgs- 10, 12
Working Set: 40kgs- 10, 8

Lying Cable Side laterals
Working Set: 10kgs- 20, 20

Cable Rear Delt fly
Working Set: 10kgs- 15, 12

Smith Close Grip Bench Press (Tempo: 2:1:2:0)
Warm Up: 30kgs- 10, 40kgs: 10
Working Set: 70kgs- 10,5,5 (Rest pause)

Straight Bar pushdown
Feeder Set: 40kgs- 12, 45kgs: 12
Working Set: 50kgs- 12, 10

Rope Pushdown
Working Set: 25kgs- 15, 12

Note: I think I am doing too much volume and too many exercises. This entire training plan is my experiment. I'll need to refine as I move along depending on how I recover.

Also, I have to salute the folks who share their detailed training plan here. It took me 20mins just to draft this thing. But, I'll keep it going.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Today's Work

Gear

L-Carnitine
Humalog 2iU

Push A

Machine Shoulder Press

Cable Rear Delt fly

Straight Bar pushdown

Rope Pushdown

Note: I think I am doing too much volume and too many exercises. This entire training plan is my experiment. I'll need to refine as I move along depending on how I recover.

Also, I have to salute the folks who share their detailed training plan here. It took me 20mins just to draft this thing. But, I'll keep it going.
I do believe logging push you to get that extra rep or add that next plate, it's all about accountability ! Nice Session !!

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I do believe logging push you to get that extra rep or add that next plate, it's all about accountability ! Nice Session !!
I used to log in every workout for about 5yrs. But during the course of this contest prep I found it extremely difficult to manage my time writing down when I am already exhausted from every session. Now, with this off-season, I have started noting everything down in a excel file. But, haven't found my groove yet

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I used to log in every workout for about 5yrs. But during the course of this contest prep I found it extremely difficult to manage my time writing down when I am already exhausted from every session. Now, with this off-season, I have started noting everything down in a excel file. But, haven't found my groove yet
I look forward to reading your logs !

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Today's Work

Gear

L-Carnitine
Humalog 2iU

Push A

Machine Shoulder Press

Cable Rear Delt fly

Straight Bar pushdown

Rope Pushdown

I would definitely add a third work set for the rear delts. If they grow they can add a lot of pop to the upper back, and they build safety/stability for your pressing as well, and strengthen good posture.

Drop some of the feeder sets on later exercises. You are already totally warm, tissue-wise, so you only need to get neurology on board with the movement pattern you’re attempting - and the lighter/less stability it requires, less you need that. You could probably go to a single warmup/feeder on many of them with zero loss in preparedness for the work sets.

In general, you could probably pluck out 2 or even 3 redundant exercises here and still get a similar net training effect if the work set intensity is sufficient. You can train really hard, and you can train a lot, but you can’t train really hard a lot.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would definitely add a third work set for the rear delts. If they grow they can add a lot of pop to the upper back, and they build safety/stability for your pressing as well, and strengthen good posture.

Drop some of the feeder sets on later exercises. You are already totally warm, tissue-wise, so you only need to get neurology on board with the movement pattern you’re attempting - and the lighter/less stability it requires, less you need that. You could probably go to a single warmup/feeder on many of them with zero loss in preparedness for the work sets.

In general, you could probably pluck out 2 or even 3 redundant exercises here and still get a similar net training effect if the work set intensity is sufficient. You can train really hard, and you can train a lot, but you can’t train really hard a lot.
Every Push and pull day, I do rear delt warm ups (2-3 reps short of failure) before I start the work. (took that one from your book).

On feeder sets, you're right. and may be drop the Hammer shoulder press and another exercise from triceps.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My trip to Ireland is on 7th April. Anyone here experienced or know someone who has carried gear in their check-in luggage? Is it even worth carrying? Should I try and source locally there?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Every Push and pull day, I do rear delt warm ups (2-3 reps short of failure) before I start the work. (took that one from your book).

On feeder sets, you're right. and may be drop the Hammer shoulder press and another exercise from triceps.
Okay yeah if you are doing that frequent base volume for the rear delts, then yeah 2 hard work sets on top is probably fine.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I always log my workouts the next morning with my first cup of coffee. Lately I've been using the five3one app while lifting so it removes a lot of my memory requirements... I just flip open the app and log my workout the next day.

your volume is INTENSE. how old are you? Your session reminds me of when I was 30 on Jack3d (DMAA) LOL

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I always log my workouts the next morning with my first cup of coffee. Lately I've been using the five3one app while lifting so it removes a lot of my memory requirements... I just flip open the app and log my workout the next day.

your volume is INTENSE. how old are you? Your session reminds me of when I was 30 on Jack3d (DMAA) LOL
I have my training plan handy in an excel on the phone. I started noting the sessions down, but then, few days I train with a few other guys and it just all goes haywire. That is one reason, I haven't been able to assess my volume and recovery better. I haven't trained even for one whole week with my plan.

I don't even take 200mg caffeine.. lol and I am 35.. I got to tone my shyte down..

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have my training plan handy in an excel on the phone. I started noting the sessions down, but then, few days I train with a few other guys and it just all goes haywire. That is one reason, I haven't been able to assess my volume and recovery better. I haven't trained even for one whole week with my plan.

I don't even take 200mg caffeine.. lol and I am 35.. I got to tone my shyte down..
to each their own man, you'll find your groove and figure out how much volume is appropriate for you. I'm 39 now and am finally realizing how much I was overdoing it for years. That said, when my CNS was destroyed, my hypertrophy was far better. I've lost 2" on my quads with my lower volume I have these days but it is what it is lol.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So. Touched down Ireland. I took all my stuff except for CJC and Humalog.

Will start training from Monday.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So. Touched down Ireland. I took all my stuff except for CJC and Humalog.

Will start training from Monday.

Have fun, let me know how you like Ireland, I have never been there!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good to see you checking in. You look great, still in Ireland ?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am just doing 150mg test and 150mg primo per week. But, lifts have been really good.

Did 185kgs (407lbs) deadlift for 7 solid reps beltless and squats 145kgs (319lbs) for 8 reps beltless.
Nice Numbers!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am just doing 150mg test and 150mg primo per week. But, lifts have been really good.

Did 185kgs (407lbs) deadlift for 7 solid reps beltless and squats 145kgs (319lbs) for 8 reps beltless.
These sound like strong numbers for you if I am remembering right!

I also continued to make good training results on that combo this past cruise, along with some l-carnitine per usual, so I’m glad you are finding the same. Message me if you want to catch up and discuss anything.

Looking solid man.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
These sound like strong numbers for you if I am remembering right!

I also continued to make good training results on that combo this past cruise, along with some l-carnitine per usual, so I’m glad you are finding the same. Message me if you want to catch up and discuss anything.

Looking solid man.
Thanks Hyde.. I have never done number like these. I haven’t touched carnitine or MK. My schedule is been real crazy here taking care of my sister’s training, diet and my nephews along with office and client work. I’ll get back and do carnitine.

I’ll text you.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Thanks Hyde.. I have never done number like these. I haven’t touched carnitine or MK. My schedule is been real crazy here taking care of my sister’s training, diet and my nephews along with office and client work. I’ll get back and do carnitine.

I’ll text you.
Where you at bro, just checking up to see how things are going. Haven't seen you post lately

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Where you at bro, just checking up to see how things are going. Haven't seen you post lately
Sorry brother.. Was sick for almost 10days with sore throat and a bad stomach bug. Seems like many have been hit by the same kinda issue since 2 weeks or so. Locals say that it’s more or less an every year occurrence in Ireland.

Long story short.. Just started to train yesterday. I am a bit weaker and softer.. not feeling the same drive I had before. I just want to get back home and start my off-season well.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sorry brother.. Was sick for almost 10days with sore throat and a bad stomach bug. Seems like many have been hit by the same kinda issue since 2 weeks or so. Locals say that it’s more or less an every year occurrence in Ireland.

Long story short.. Just started to train yesterday. I am a bit weaker and softer.. not feeling the same drive I had before. I just want to get back home and start my off-season well.
You will get your Mo Jo back, I'm Sure!!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

All good man, was just wondering where you been. Making sure everything was good

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Before everyone forgets me here..

I have been at 75mg/week test since last 4 weeks or so.

Monday I set a PR in deadlift: 180kgs for 11 reps
Today PR on Squats for 142.5kgs for 11 reps

Both lifts were beltless.. Starting to feel like a fugging animal, now that I am back to full training.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Both lifts were beltless.. Starting to feel like a fugging animal, now that I am back to full training.
Glad you stopped by and great news on the training !!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

Awesome. Oddly enough I'm also only taking 75mg of test per week at the moment and just started raloxefine. But because I was so far out of the weights and calories were so low I'm gaining weight and strength rapidly as well

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Awesome. Oddly enough I'm also only taking 75mg of test per week at the moment and just started raloxefine. But because I was so far out of the weights and calories were so low I'm gaining weight and strength rapidly as well
Bud. I have not been keeping up with your log. Sorry. What happened to your fight? I couldn’t see the Fight Club thread you created as well.

How is your rebound going?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Bud. I have not been keeping up with your log. Sorry. What happened to your fight? I couldn’t see the Fight Club thread you created as well.

How is your rebound going?
Fight got pushed back, guy cracked a tooth and they couldn't get me a replacement on short notice. Now il looking at September or or early October.

I closed the thread and started a little training journal in the meantime, Just started lifting and eating more. Strength and bodyweight picking up fast.im going to try my hardest to stay under 200lbs to make the next cut easier and il start another log when I know more.

Il tag you in if you want. The log I'm doing currently is nothing special, just a training journal for me to track food and workouts

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Fight got pushed back, guy cracked a tooth and they couldn't get me a replacement on short notice. Now il looking at September or or early October.

I closed the thread and started a little training journal in the meantime, Just started lifting and eating more. Strength and bodyweight picking up fast.im going to try my hardest to stay under 200lbs to make the next cut easier and il start another log when I know more.

Il tag you in if you want. The log I'm doing currently is nothing special, just a training journal for me to track food and workouts
You have been dieting for quite a while that your body will just take in everything. And psychologically you’ll want more food too that the stress of being in diet.

Tag me in. I’ll try to be more active.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You have been dieting for quite a while that your body will just take in everything. And psychologically you’ll want more food too that the stress of being in diet.

Tag me in. I’ll try to be more active.
I was soo hungry lol, as soon as I knew the fight was off my appetite went through the roof, and I stopped lifting weights for a long while outside of a couple random exercises so when I started lifting weights a few days ago hunger kicked up again lol. Just starting to get it under control.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Being able to eat, just makes life better!!

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Somebody smuggle some gear into Ireland and get this man some juice already
Hahaha.. Hyde.. just a few days more. I am back to India on 24th AM. First thing is to do a 1gm mega dose of test and Primo. Making up for lost time.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hahaha.. Hyde.. just a few days more. I am back to India on 24th AM. First thing is to do a 1gm mega dose of test and Primo. Making up for lost time.
See what 400/400 does for a while first! You are setting PRs right now on 75mg/wk; you are going to make some quality gains at 800mg for sure.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
See what 400/400 does for a while first! You are setting PRs right now on 75mg/wk; you are going to make some quality gains at 800mg for sure.
I was joking.. I’ll go as per our previous plan.. couldn’t even start that proper.. 150/150 Test Primo with MK/CJC, Carnitine and Slin

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This is my last weekend in Ireland. I can’t be happier to get back to base and start focusing on executing the plan 100%.

Today I am off to Dublin for a carnival. Made some good friends at the gym here. But, not going to miss Ireland.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Safe Travels my friend !