Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man, I bought a year’s worth of orange triad (i only take 3/day) last year at like 12$ a bottle. I should have bought a lifetime supply if I knew id be paying 2x that at a minimum going forward. Sucks to suck.
The new formula, if you get it, has a lot more D3 and K2 at least. #silverlinings

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Back was feeling a little funky yesterday after the workout and in bed last night so I came in for some recovery stuff.

Donnie Hangs x10-15m
Contrast 5 hot / 3m cold for 2 rounds

Gonna try to work in some Big 3 this afternoon as well.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thought i was gonna get today off work due to the forecasted inclement weather but it ended up being the minimum of what the prediction was and the roads were fine. Hopefully I can get to the gym tomorrow morning.

Edit: tomorrow aint gonna happen. Wednesday it is. Hopefully black friday’s cerberus goodies are in by then.

Last edited:
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good luck on getting the goodies in. Hopefully you will feel great and like killing it tomorrow!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good and bad news

Good: stuff was waiting for me on the patio when I got home from work. And despite the issues below I’m very happy i decided to purchase both, although as you’ll read i got apparently thought i was a little bigger than I actually am when i was sizing myself up.

Bad:
1. the elbow sleeves are definitely a if not two size(s) too big - apparently i have big elbow joints compared to my small biceps and what I thought were okay sized forearms but apparently not.
2. Belt is 1-2 notches too big. The tightest notch on it “could work” but it isnt as tight as i normally wear my belt. I am considering keeping it and using it as motivation to grow but that area isn’t necessarily where I’d like to be adding a ton of “mass” to so im thinking I may return it for a size down after checking the sizing chart again to make sure there’s a decent overlap in sizes that will afford me some room to grow but not as much as this one. On the other hand i could probably own this belt for the rest of my life with how much room for growing it offers me. I’ll try my rehband neoprene back “brace” under it tomorrow to see if it snugs it up enough for me temporarily then decide from there.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good and bad news

Good: stuff was waiting for me on the patio when I got home from work. And despite the issues below I’m very happy i decided to purchase both, although as you’ll read i got apparently thought i was a little bigger than I actually am when i was sizing myself up.

Bad:
1. the elbow sleeves are definitely a if not two size(s) too big - apparently i have big elbow joints compared to my small biceps and what I thought were okay sized forearms but apparently not.
2. Belt is 1-2 notches too big. The tightest notch on it “could work” but it isnt as tight as i normally wear my belt. I am considering keeping it and using it as motivation to grow but that area isn’t necessarily where I’d like to be adding a ton of “mass” to so im thinking I may return it for a size down after checking the sizing chart again to make sure there’s a decent overlap in sizes that will afford me some room to grow but not as much as this one. On the other hand i could probably own this belt for the rest of my life with how much room for growing it offers me. I’ll try my rehband neoprene back “brace” under it tomorrow to see if it snugs it up enough for me temporarily then decide from there.
Ken is very good to work with on returns, so keep it clean and let him know if you need an exchange! I have done so with zero issues

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ken is very good to work with on returns, so keep it clean and let him know if you need an exchange! I have done so with zero issues
Good to know. Looking like I’m gonna find out for myself :(

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Week 3 day 1

Bw ~240

•10” log - 4rm, cleaning 1st rep only
70/100/130/160x5 (x2)
(+ red 7mm sleeves)
185x4
[email protected]
[email protected] - getting under it got a little ugly the last rep so i took the *PR* and called it. I also had a hard time getting my head into this session today, as is fairly common when I try to workout at night. So its good to know i likely have more in me.

•10” log strict pin press
(Sleeveless)
135x5
155x3
175x1+ —> [email protected]

•Rocky pullup (5x8)
Bw + 30lb between feet x8
“ “ x4 + 4 bw
Bw x8,
Bw x6 - 10s -x2
Bw x6 - 10s -x1, + 1 fat man

Ss/

•Rolling DB tri “press” (3x10)
50x10x3

•Db spider curl
25x8
20x10

Tri set/

•Band incline fly (3x15)
Monster mini x15x3

Tri set/

•Rusin pull-apart (3x20)
Mini x20x3

Happy with the log PR. I know its likely just because I have never trained the lift prior to these last few months but its still a good feeling to be moving forward in something. Tried the new belt with my rehband low back neoprene wrap underneath for one of the warmup sets and it was still maybe 1-2cm too big. I was sort of “between sizes” between the 2xl and xl and really dont want to buy a belt where i start out 3/4 of the way through it. The sizes for a single prong were different so maybe ill just snag one of those instead, despite my affinity for lever belts.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My father in law gave me my first lever belt and it was a bit too big. I drilled 2 more holes in it for my size and used it for another 7 years then lost it. Never hurt it at all. I know sacrilege eh?

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My father in law gave me my first lever belt and it was a bit too big. I drilled 2 more holes in it for my size and used it for another 7 years then lost it. Never hurt it at all. I know sacrilege eh?
not a terrible idea...I wouldnt be opposed to doing this since im so close to being able to use this one and itd prolong the life of the belt.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Week 3 day 2

Donnie hang
Dyn stretch

Snatch grip DL (pointers on outer ring) (work range: 290-360lb) x6-10x3-4
135/185/225x5
260x5
(+ belt)
290x10
(+ straps)
315x8x2

Rev SSB Front squat (work range: 210-260) x8-12x2-3
55/105/145/195x5 (loose belt 195 set)
(+ latched)
[email protected]
[email protected]

My lower back wasnt feeling too hot today after max log 2 days ago so I just got some light although challenging enough volume in and moved on from the main work.

Machine SL Leg press (3-5x8)
190x8
210x8
210x8
220x8

Pronated grip cable row, iso machine but both hands at same time.
185x12x2

More excuses - again had a hard time getting into this mentally and overall just felt like junk today. That plus the back feeling funky led to an overall mediocre session but the work that was done was quality enough to be worthwhile. Also note that today was one of those cases where RPE and a true RIR approximate didnt correspond. Strange that id be in need of a deload already but thats how im starting to feel after these two sessions. One is scheduled for next week.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice log PR from the other day! There’s a log in my gym, one day I’ll get around to playing with it. Never have used one but it looks like a good time

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice log PR from the other day! There’s a log in my gym, one day I’ll get around to playing with it. Never have used one but it looks like a good time
Thanks brotha. I’d imagine youd have a pretty respectable log press just given your pressing and GM/Rack pull strength.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Week 3 day 3

Dyn stretch
band pushdown Mini x10 (each hand 1 side) x3
Rusin Pull apart: mini band x20x3

•Inc NG CGBP w/ viper bar
55x5
105x5x2
150x3x8 EMOM

Warmups ss/

Prowler push
90 x60yd
180 x60yd

•Comp Bp (200x3x5 EMOM)
150x3
200x3x5 EMOM

•lateral raise (3x10)
20x10x3

Ss/

•1/2 kneeling cable row (5x8)
85x8x5

Ss/

•Rope pushdown (3x10)
80x10x3

•Duffin UR row (3x10)
53x10x2
44x10

Quick sesh. From first bp warmup set to last duffin upright set was 35m. Probably the fastest workout I’ve had in maybe 5 years.