MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man that log is a long way from the ground! Moving nice weight long distances baby!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
10/19

Dyn stretch
Walking lunges w/ goblet 35lb kb hold
Donnie hang
GHR: bw x15
Rusin Pull Apart: red mini x15x2
Pallof: red mini x10s/3s x 3 sets

•High Bar Camber Squat (x2@8, x72%x5x2)
(Flats)
85lb bar/135/175/225/265x5
(+ loose belt)
315x5@8
[email protected] ~8
275x5x2@6/4 (last set was low bar)

Forgot how much this thing works you as its swinging and as you try to keep it from doing so.

•12” Log C&P (cleaning first rep only) (x4@6, x4@7, x4@8, x1x4 @60%)
10” log - 72lb x10 WU
12” log - 135x5
165x4
185x4@6
(+ red cerberus sleeves)
205x4@7
[email protected] (video) - ugglyyyy ass pick..my weight got way back on me on the clean and I had to do a false alarm clean from the lap to get myself resituated in the proper position.
155x1x4 - 60s rest

*Matched 10” log PR, which I did @9.5*, which is probably to be expected with the bigger diameter log. Wasnt sure if wed be using a 10” or 12” next weekend so I just wanted to get one training day in with the 12”.

3x15 rusin PAsw/ red mini band throughout

Vid:

•18” Axle Deadlift (x1@8, 60%x1x3)
115/205/255/295/345/385x5
435x3@8
435x1
[email protected]
305x1x3 - 60s rest

Found out today that I am not built for the 18” deadlift lol. This is essentially starting right at my typical fail point on conv pulls. Honestly thinking I probably wont do that static monsters thing next Saturday at this point. The 18” deadlift seems like more of a injury liability and something that would really piss me off and have me trying to pull something im not currently capable of.

•Rev Hyper
90x15x3
I thought about doing a Static Monsters near me this Saturday, but I hate 18" deadlifts. All risk, no reward.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I thought about doing a Static Monsters near me this Saturday, but I hate 18" deadlifts. All risk, no reward.
Thank you for corroborating my thoughts on it. I feel like less of a pussy now. Much appreciated.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I feel the same. I have zero interest in static monsters. I am not particularly good at 18” and axles even worse, and it was just never a satisfying lift for me. After watching short guys who deadlift what I can from the floor pull 800 while I hit 680 (deadlift bar on 18”) you realize it’s quite a sham when you can start with knees under the bar for some folks.

Just max out on their log!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I feel the same. I have zero interest in static monsters. I am not particularly good at 18” and axles even worse, and it was just never a satisfying lift for me. After watching short guys who deadlift what I can from the floor pull 800 while I hit 680 (deadlift bar on 18”) you realize it’s quite a sham when you can start with knees under the bar for some folks.

Just max out on their log!
To hell with those short fellas. That’s exactly the circumstance i had playing out in my mind that had me knowing id be real pissed off if i had done the “competition” today.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So instead of doing static monsters i went on a 3.5 mile hike in Telluride, CO. Beautiful place. Gonna hang out, watch football, drink beer, and eat pizza the rest of the day.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
10/28

(60s rest b/t 1&2)
1. Susp trainer RFESS: BW x20x3
2. Susp trainer bw rows (supinating to NG from pronation during concentric): feet all the way to the door x20, 15, 15

(Continuous 1->3, 60s rest after each round)
1. Unil Band pushdown (grip half way down): mini x25x3
2. Shoulder W wrapped around door handle: single micro mini loop x20x3
3. Hammer curl: 40lb x10x3

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
10/30

•DB rolling tri press on floor
35x15
40x15
40x10 —> 40x30 NG floor press

Ss/

•Susp trainer rows (supin to NG during conc)
Bw x20, 15, 15

•Sus trainer chest fly
Bw x15 on handles, x10 on end loop.
Bw x15 end loop
Bw x15 end loop - mechanical drop-set -> handles x10 (meh, didnt work out like i wanted it to so i just stopped there).

Ss/

•shoulder W
Single micro x20x3

•unil calf raise
Bw x20x3

Ss/

•Suspension trainer curl
3x15@8 rpe changing angle as needed to get appropriate resistance.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
11/1

All day I was just wanting to lift and wanted to go heavy. I figured why the hell not, i have been just “free for all-ing” it anyway.

•EF Yoke Ssb FS
65x10
115x6
155x5
205x5
245x5
(+ loose)
295x3
(+ latched belt)
335x1 (video)
[email protected]
[email protected]

Damnit. I thought it was just a bad rep that first set. I had my thoughts set on 405 all day so tried it again with the intention to clean it up and keep going. Second set did feel cleaner but still was too tough to warrant going up. Just gotta get stronger. I hit 365x1@8 with the same set up on 10/12 so thought I had a shot at it. A little detraining has occurred since then.

Did 3x15 rusin pull-aparts during FSs

•12” log press (1rm, 70%x3x2)
10” log -
72x10 WU
115x5 WU
12” log -
145x5
(Belt)
175x3
(+ cerberus red elbows)
205x1 @ speedy af feeling good
230x1@7 (video)
250xFail (video)
250x1 and it moved damn well. I got great leg drive.
(No elbow sleeves)
175x3x2

3a. GHR
Bw x15x4

60s rest b/t 3a and 3b & 3b and 3a.

3b. Hatfield squats
260x15x2
260x20

Gonna be sore on my hike tomorrow. Wish I wouldnt of failed that first attempt at 250 and wouldve caught the successful attempt on video for examining. Twas an all time log PR, no scale at the gym but if I had to guess I probably weigh 235 +/- 2lb. Will edit in the vids in case anyone cares to see me fail lol.

FS 335x1

12” log 230x1

12” log 250 Fail

You can tell it was there. I was honestly shocked how quick it went up and locked out on the retry though.

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice log!!!! My PR is 263 from New Year’s and I say you got a shot at taking 265 by this New Year. Looking good. And reverse SSB fronts are wayyy harder than barbell also, so don’t be too sad with 370!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think my best ever log, back when I was actually almost strong, was only 220, and it was a split jerk with every piece of competition legal equipment you could possibly wear.

All that to say, 250 is a solid weight.

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think my best ever log, back when I was actually almost strong, was only 220, and it was a split jerk with every piece of competition legal equipment you could possibly wear.

All that to say, 250 is a solid weight.
Hey if you won’t use the equipment, someone else will! That’s just being smart.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Last edited:
jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks fellas. Happy i can say one of my lifts is steadily improving. Unsurprisingly it is the one that I have the least training on. Sort of taking these as noob gains of sorts. Would love to hit 265-270 by years end and shoot for 315+ by the end of next year. And Jim, I agree with Hyde. If its legal why the hell wouldnt you use it, and last I checked split jerking was legal so dont use those two things to take anything away from your lift lol. Speaking of which, im thinking about grabbing some double ply elbow sleeves over the holidays to boost the comp 1rm up some more. Cheating is fun.

If only I could just get my conv deadlift back trending towards 600 I could actually consider entering a strongman comp.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks fellas. Happy i can say one of my lifts is steadily improving. Unsurprisingly it is the one that I have the least training on. Sort of taking these as noob gains of sorts. Would love to hit 265-270 by years end and shoot for 315+ by the end of next year. And Jim, I agree with Hyde. If its legal why the hell wouldnt you use it, and last I checked split jerking was legal so dont use those two things to take anything away from your lift lol. Speaking of which, im thinking about grabbing some double ply elbow sleeves over the holidays to boost the comp 1rm up some more. Cheating is fun.

If only I could just get my conv deadlift back trending towards 600 I could actually consider entering a strongman comp.
Keep working the dead and Frontsquat and it will be at 600 in no time.

Double ply is the way to go for log 1RM. If it’s reps or an axle I will use neoprene (better circulation and mobility to finish the continental clean), but if it’s a 1-3RM log you are missing lbs not using multiply sleeves!

Kite10 for 10% off Cerberus, or if you have time to sit and wait sign up for their email because once in a long while they do something bigger like 14% off (Black Friday could have a sale?)

Liftinglarge may still have the old crushers in stock if you want something cheaper. But they aren’t quite as nice.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have to go back and read, lots I missed out on. Glad to see you’re progressing still (even if you says it’s a single lift.. progress is progress!)

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Been MIA for a minute. Drove all weekend from NM to NH with only about 2.5 hours of **** sleep in the car while Brooke was driving Saturday night. It took a lot out of me and this week was dedicated entirely to surviving the first week of my OB/Gyn rotation. Finally felt like myself again energy wise on Wednesday. Was planning on going to the gym yesterday morning but some personal stuff came up in the morning that I needed to take care of.

Glad to see ya back, Bill!

Hyde, I’ll probably just wait on the Cerberus sale. They seem to make good quality stuff and are a relatively smaller brand so id prefer to support them even if its a tad more. Plus the warehouse is like 90 mins from my apt so the shipping was wicked fast last time. You specifically mentioned double ply, I’m pretty certain they make a triple. Any reason i shouldnt go for those instead? I know it will limit the uses outside of anything 1-2rm but thats really what I want em for anyway. But then i start feeling a tad idiotic spending 40$ on something ill use once a month when I hit circa 1-3rm logs.

Edit: @Skraw, did I ever send you 5th set yet?

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Been MIA for a minute. Drove all weekend from NM to NH with only about 2.5 hours of **** sleep in the car while Brooke was driving Saturday night. It took a lot out of me and this week was dedicated entirely to surviving the first week of my OB/Gyn rotation. Finally felt like myself again energy wise on Wednesday. Was planning on going to the gym yesterday morning but some personal stuff came up in the morning that I needed to take care of.

Glad to see ya back, Bill!

Hyde, I’ll probably just wait on the Cerberus sale. They seem to make good quality stuff and are a relatively smaller brand so id prefer to support them even if its a tad more. Plus the warehouse is like 90 mins from my apt so the shipping was wicked fast last time. You specifically mentioned double ply, I’m pretty certain they make a triple. Any reason i shouldnt go for those instead? I know it will limit the uses outside of anything 1-2rm but thats really what I want em for anyway. But then i start feeling a tad idiotic spending 40$ on something ill use once a month when I hit circa 1-3rm logs.

Edit: @Skraw, did I ever send you 5th set yet?
The triple ply must be newer, and I would indeed go with those. I got their triple ply knee sleeves for funsies a while back, and while I’ve only used them twice it probably gave me 20lbs on my squat, no joke.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not yet. But rest up I’m in no rush. Hope your road trip/vacay was enjoyable and a nice little deload from our heavy grind lifestyle. Work and life is pretty hectic for me as well. Trying to find my training groove right now.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The triple ply must be newer, and I would indeed go with those. I got their triple ply knee sleeves for funsies a while back, and while I’ve only used them twice it probably gave me 20lbs on my squat, no joke.
Must be but yah they have some red triple plys vs the black double plys. Sounds good, Itd probably be a stretch to get 20 on the elbows but id settle for an extra 10-15. Hit a top set with the 7mm neoprenes then throw the ply sleeves on for some extra overload.

Not yet. But rest up I’m in no rush. Hope your road trip/vacay was enjoyable and a nice little deload from our heavy grind lifestyle. Work and life is pretty hectic for me as well. Trying to find my training groove right now.
Alright, just let me know when you want it lol. The road trip was pretty nice, stopped in Amarillo the first night then picked Brooke up in OKC friday mid-day then she helped me drive the rest of the way through the night essentially non-stop (minus 2 hours at a rest area sleeping in the car) until we got to Cooperstown, NY for the night Saturday. Got back Sunday afternoon and we pretty much just cuddled up on the couch and slept all afternoon until it was time to move to the bed to continue sleeping lol. The trip west was just a vacation from the Northeast really. I still worked 5 days a week during my surgery rotation, but the weekend trips were very enjoyable and did give the whole thing a bit of a vacation like feel.

Sometimes life gets in the way, just gotta roll with the punches and make it back when you can. Life and subsequently training comes and goes in waves for most.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Week 1 day 1

WU:
15 min hot tub - my hips have been locked up on me and getting some stinging pains in my piriformis area on both sides for 3-4 days now so really wanted to get in there and stretch em out some to try and help them release.
7 min treadmill walk @2.5mph, 1.5 incline.
GHR: BW x10x3
Ss/
Rusin 3 way shoulder warmup: x12 each movement x2

•Log C&P (10” log) (175x5x4 Cl every rep, 175x60s amrap cleaning every rep)
(Meant to go 70/100/130/155/175 but math was apparently hard this morning)
Warmups i only cleaned the first 3 reps
70x5
100x5
130x5
160x5 (wasnt thinking and just put another set of 15lb bumpers on)
185x5 (Misload, wasnt really thinking and put a 10 on instead of a 5) (sleeveless)
(+ sleeves)
175 x 5x3, NOTE: 3rd set just presses - felt my right glute “pulling” in that same area thats been tight the last few days on the last 3 reps of the set.

175x60s AMRAP cleaning each -> x6, first 5 in 35s then had to grab a 15s breather before the last rep. The last press wasnt difficult so its pretty much strictly an endurance thing at this point.

•Strict Log Dead stop pin press (5s, 115/135/155)
115x5
135x5
155x7, 3rd rep slid down to where the pin was jammed between the plate and the edge of the log and fighting to get it back up took a rep away id imagine.

Ss/

•Rocky pull up (4x12 goal)
Bw (231 nekked, fed, pre **** so ~235 here) x12, 12, 7, 10

•NG rolling tri press (3x15)
40x15x3

Ss/

•Hammer curl (3x15)
35x15
30x15x2

Post workout: Hopped in the hot tub for another 10 then did 2 rounds of the cold tub up to my waist with 5 minutes of the hot tub in between.

I dropped my car off at the tire place this morning to get my winters put on and didnt have a way to get back until i got one of the 3 ubers that is sometimes around here. Luckily there was 1 guy out around 2 o clock and I could finally get out of there. I dont usually have all that time for extra schtuff.

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The big reason practicing the log is essential to a big log is conditioning the body to be able to hold/stabilize such an awkward weight, and to learn to breathe under it!

Endurance with it bearing down on your chest is definitely an acquired skill.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I cannot decide if i want to continue to train sumo or not. I’m going to the gym here in a bit and am planning on pulling conv for a speed day. I want to train for strongman but i also have this ego thing where i know my potential for pulling more is highest with sumo atm so i am having a hard time dropping it altogether, especially with Hyde and I’s “competition” to 675. Seeing him moving all this wait has me feeling like im fixing to get blown out of the water lol.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I cannot decide if i want to continue to train sumo or not. I’m going to the gym here in a bit and am planning on pulling conv for a speed day. I want to train for strongman but i also have this ego thing where i know my potential for pulling more is highest with sumo atm so i am having a hard time dropping it altogether, especially with Hyde and I’s “competition” to 675. Seeing him moving all this wait has me feeling like im fixing to get blown out of the water lol.
I am strong enough to pull ~645 right now but due to Hookgrip issues I will be happy to pull 600 at this comp. 675 ain’t happening any time soon.

I would go conventional for a while. Dan Green pulled 900 w straps beltless in the cage the other year. Now he’s getting ready for a meet sumo again. It will build both longterm.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Week 1 day 2

Wu:
Dyn stretch
GHR: 3x10
Ss/
Long rope facepullapart: 30x15x3

•Conv Deadlift
135x5 + 5 suitcase deads each way
185x5 + 4 suitcase deads each way
225x5
275x3
(+ belt)
335x2x12 30s rest b/t

•Front squat (straight bar til noted differently) (4x4-6@75-85%, 275-315)
95/135/185/225x5
+ belt
255x4

Work:
275x4
Switch to reverse ssb - hyde, im gonna have to disagree with you...for me, at least on anything over a 1rm, the rev ssb set up is much better. Although this shît ssb did seem to put the load a hair more out in front of me, i could still stay under it better as opposed to the barbell trying to roll off me.
285x4x3

Hatfield sort of burnout:
285x12

•SL cybex eagle leg press (3-5x12)
150x12x2
170x12
190x12

Ss/

•Nautilus iso row (both hands same time) (4x12)
155x12
170x12
185x12x2

I switched out RFESS and Seal Rows for something that may not offer as good as a stimulus but is much easier to cycle through faster and still lets me get quality dedicated hypertrophy work in.

•45 degree thoracic extension
25lb plate hugged x15x2

Last edited:
jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This app has some issues with double posting man. Its all over the board nowadays.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am strong enough to pull ~645 right now but due to Hookgrip issues I will be happy to pull 600 at this comp. 675 ain’t happening any time soon.

I would go conventional for a while. Dan Green pulled 900 w straps beltless in the cage the other year. Now he’s getting ready for a meet sumo again. It will build both longterm.
See, that had been my previous thoughts on the matter too. But after pulling almost strictly conv for like a year and getting nowhere I got fed up and more recently switched back to sumo. I know that isnt the way to go about it, lol. But mentally i think I just needed a break from it. Speed/DE work with AR is pretty much the only damn thing I havent consistently for my conv pull.

So, i think I’m going to go Snatch Grip Conv for my main deadlift for one rotation through the program and then wave DE work on my second lower day of the week. Thats a combination ive never tried and snatch grip will help build my upper back, if nothing else.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Was planning on getting my second upper day of the week in today but i am sore as hell from the last two days after essentially taking 5 weeks off of normal training. Moving it to tomorrow morning. I switched my primary bench to a 45 degree incline close grip press then will do some flat comp style bench work as the secondary movement afterwards. Going all in on trying to improve my overhead press. Plus my inc bench sucks so i might as well get better at it and see if i get any carryover to flat bench later on.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Idk how you find the reverse SSB easier, but power to you!

I found doing some bracing drills like bird dogs before starting snatchgrip was beneficial. Or at least just really really really using belt properly so I could stay safe with them.

Chad is a big proponent of incline logpress, if that’s something you have access to that day. He got Clint Darden doing it and that seemed to help his some. I felt like it helped mine.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Training week 1 day 3

Dyn stretch - abbreviated
Rusin 3 way shoulder WU

1. NG CG 45 degree Inc Bp, Viper Bar
55x8
105x5
145x5
[email protected]
195x4@10
[email protected], 8.5

2. Flat BP
205x5
235x5
[email protected]/7/7.5

Ss (inc bp down sets + flat BP sets)/

1 & 2a. 1/2 kneeling cable row (pron to NG) (5x12)
80x12x5

Ss/ (work sets on bench)

2b. Duffin UR row (3x15)
35x15x3

3a. Pushdown (3x15)
Monster mini x20x3 (choked, each hand has one side)

3b. Lateral raise (3x15)
X ran out of time, already 5 min late

Was just rushing towards the end and the planned supersets went out the window. If im gonna miss anything in this session lateral raises would undoubtedly be my choice.

Edit: Inc bp with the close, neutral grip was a real bitch. Should pay dividends getting stronger on that lift, I hope at least. Flat bp wasnt fully a comp press as I didnt wear my belt which helps me really set my arch and get better leg drive, but the flat sets really were more difficult feeling than I was expecting or should have been.

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If you were doing that incline ng in lieu of log, make sure you are only touching one end of the Swissbar at a 45* to your chest (and not flat all the way down). Remember that the extra circumference of the log means it’s not as deep of a ROM as a Swiss can be.

Unless you just want it to be hard AF

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What you should always get rid of CGP before side raises!!!

I kid I kid!!! Although I love me some side raises now. I can't wait to see what my shoulders look like when I get leaner. I think I might even have visible medial delts from the front now.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you were doing that incline ng in lieu of log, make sure you are only touching one end of the Swissbar at a 45* to your chest (and not flat all the way down). Remember that the extra circumference of the log means it’s not as deep of a ROM as a Swiss can be.

Unless you just want it to be hard AF
Good reminder - I THINK thats what I was doing but trying to think back on it I cant 100% say for certain. Being hard AF is a long ways further off for me than just full ROM swiss press lol.

What you should always get rid of CGP before side raises!!!

I kid I kid!!! Although I love me some side raises now. I can't wait to see what my shoulders look like when I get leaner. I think I might even have visible medial delts from the front now.
Get those delts POPPING. I could use some more mass over my lateral and rear delts but I’m pretty convinced i dont know how to properly do lateral delt raises as I never seemed to get anything more than a strained trap out of them. Ive tried dbs both one arm at a time and both arms same time, cables, leaning 30 degrees toward the working side with both dbs and cables, probably more contorted positions that I dont even recall right now, lower reps, higher reps. Basically have just said to hell with them unless i have zero time constraints on a weekend and at that point i only do them because theyre on my program and my ocd wants me to finish all the listed exercises so as long as I have the time. 🤷

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Week 1 day 3

WU:
Dyn stretch
Facepull 35x15x2
Ghr bwx10x2
Pull through 85x15x2

•DE Conv DL w/ AR (x1x8)
Vs doubled monster minis
135x5
185x5
225x5
275x1x8 EMOM

•Zercher Box Squat (3x10)
(Beltless)
95/135x10
185x10
225x10
Work:
275x10
295x10
315x10

1 more set of GHRs to 15 to feel like I did some accessory work.

Didnt make it to farmer’s. Theres no way I can train for more than an hour right now due to the commute, start time for work, and absolute need for 7.5-8hrs of sleep to be worth a damn the next day. This session all told from warmup to last set was ~50 minutes, was 10m late getting in today. Thought I had my shît together but just took a bit longer to get out of the house than expected. Not sure where I topped out on 10s for zerchers before my break but it couldnt have been much more than this if any. My core definitely forgot the demand that this lift places on it - proper breathing under the load took a step back from where it was.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Get those delts POPPING. I could use some more mass over my lateral and rear delts but I’m pretty convinced i dont know how to properly do lateral delt raises as I never seemed to get anything more than a strained trap out of them. Ive tried dbs both one arm at a time and both arms same time, cables, leaning 30 degrees toward the working side with both dbs and cables, probably more contorted positions that I dont even recall right now, lower reps, higher reps. Basically have just said to hell with them unless i have zero time constraints on a weekend and at that point i only do them because theyre on my program and my ocd wants me to finish all the listed exercises so as long as I have the time. 🤷
Jordan took this off his channel for some reason but have you tried this?
@2min and after is really what i wanted to relay.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
^nope, i havent. I’ll give that a go, thanks man. Good video.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Edit: edited in 11/27’s workout to remove a double post from 11/20

Week 2 day 1

Bw 244 w/ olys post workout

Rusin warmup
Dyn stretch

•10” log press (cleaning first rep only)
Did x10 log rdls before each warmup set
70/100/130x5
150x3x8 60s rest b/t sets

•Strict rack/pin log press
125x3
145x3
165x3+ x10@10

Ss/

•Rocky Pull-up
Bw x10, 10, 8, 8, 5 (slow eccentrics, I knew i wasnt going to get many so I made them harder)

Ss

•DB rolling tri press (3x12)
45x12x3

Ss/

Rusin PApart - mini band x15, 10

Worked 12 hours in the OR hunched over an operating table looking at uteruses and cutting some of them out yesterday and got home late, delivered 2 babies Monday. Last night when I set my alarm to get up to go in I definitely had some doubts id be able to get myself out of bed but I was able to and I feel better about myself by getting this one in. The log pin press top set has to be close to a PR, which I wasn’t expecting this morning - did 10 more lbs for 3 more reps when compared to Week 1...the main log work was far less taxing than that main work was though.

Gym is closed tomorrow so ill get in for day 2 friday as I have it off work. Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving. Also, I’m thankful for all of you that follow along and/or chime in from time to time with or without feedback. Without you all theres a good chance the past 2 years ive been in school wouldve been even less consistent than what they were. Your feedback always means a lot to me, whether or not I have time to respond.

Last edited:
jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Week 2 day 2, also 11/27

Got out of work a early, the fiance works tonight, and I felt like lifting. So here we are.

Dyn stretch
Bird dog 3 sets of 5
GHR: 2 sets of 10
Suitcase deadlift: 135x5, 185x3

•Snatch grip dead (pointer on outer ring, feet even with edge) (x5rm, 80-82% x6x2)
135/185/225/275/315x5
(+ belt, straps)
365x5
405x5@9
335x6x2

•Rev SSB front squat (220x3x8 60s rest)
55/105/145x5
195x3
220x3x8 60s rest

•Unil Leg press (3-5x10)
190x10x2
210x8 -> 200x2

And now my legs were painfully pumped and I was ready to leave.

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Bro delivering babies and excising uteruses (uteri??)?! Wth, color me impressed. That’s some good convo at a social gathering...”So after I sewed up yet ANOTHER person I had saved, I said to myself, ‘Hey, I could have sworn I started this operation with TWO scalpels!’”

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Its an absolute honor and privilege to get to do what I do at work every day, no matter what rotation im in. But that feels a little more special when youre helping people with their reproductive health and/or introducing a new member of their family into the world. Ill never do OB/Gyn, thats for certain, but boy do I appreciate the work that these people do.

And lol...thats a surgeon’s nightmare. One of them anyway.

I jumped on Cerberus’ black friday deal, got myself the double ply elbow sleeves (2xls were sold out in the triple ply) and a new infinity lever belt. Ive been hanging onto my lever belt for far too long - its way too tight and also 1 of the 2 bolts that holds the lever onto the belt broke and fell out of it probably 2 months ago now. Figured it was time for a new one.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also, anyone know where there are some black friday deals on orange triad?

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Week 2 day 3

Wu:
Dyn stretch
GHR: bw x10x3
Rusin 3-way shoulder WU
1. Dislocations: mini x15x3
2. Band pull apart: mini x15x3
3. Long rope Facepull w/ ER: 35x15x3
Unil tri Pushdown: micro x20 per arm

•Neutral, close grip 45 degree Inc BP w viper bar (60-75% x8-12x3-4) (130-165)
55/85/115x8
135x8
145x8
155x8
135x11@10

•WG Viper bar BP (60-75%x8-12x2-3)
135x10 WU
175x12@9
175x11@10

Ss/

•1/2 kneeling cable row (5x10)
80x10x5

•Lateral raise (flare lats, Tyga vid) (3x12)
15x12x3

Tri set/

•Duffin UR Row (3x12)
43x12x3

tri set/

•overhead Pushdown (3x12)
Avg band w/ rope attached x12x3

Trying to work my pecs a little more with the WG bench which I’ll do on these rep days. The heavy effort, dynamic effort and deload days/weeks will be with a comp grip.

View attachment 188858

Here’s the grips on the bar ive been using. The NG drops me directly down to my sides so thats a pretty perfect CG for me. The wide horizontals are much wider than my comp grip especially with me going all the way to the outer edges.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Controlled labs website has 50% off all products and free shipping. Use code: 50BF
@jswain34

A1supplements has 10% off, making OT 45sv pills $27/bottle. Not sure on shipping.

Even better, Lockoutsupplements has 20% off with code NEWSLETTER which makes it $25.60. Free shipping on big orders $150+.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Week 2 day 4

WU:
Dyn stretch
Tri set:
1. GHR: 2x10
2. Rope pull through: 85x15x2
3. Long rope facepull + ER: 35x15x2

•DE DL
Suitcase: 135x5 each arm
+ quadded minis
135x5
185x5
225x5
275x1x8 - 60s rest

•Zercher Box Sq (3x8)
Beltless
95/135/185/225/275x8
305x8
325x8
345x8

•Suitcase carry
110x60ftx4 continuous, alternating arms each 60ft (before 305 set on zerchers)
110x60ftx4 “ “ (before 325 set)
150x 60s max distance
L: 4 full lengths, ~240ft, drops at each end
R: 3.5 lengths 60s, finished about 5 seconds late

I get to waddling bad when on the right sided carry. Need to start doing right hand first.

Good session. I think i already got something out of that first snatch grip deadlift session in that I again felt what it feels like to initiate the pull by spreading the floor and wedging my hips. I had that feeling down when my conv pull was at it’s best however long ago that was now. Just gotta get that feeling when my hips are a touch higher than what they are on snatch pulls and the going might get hot again.

Shooting for a log 4rm PR Monday. Current PR is 215. I’m gonna wait til the afternoon to see if I can give the usps guy long enough to get my new 2ply elbow sleeves up from the southern part of the state, but will honestly be surprised if they get here by then. Thatd be some speedy processing and shipping, even within the state.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Man, I bought a year’s worth of orange triad (i only take 3/day) last year at like 12$ a bottle. I should have bought a lifetime supply if I knew id be paying 2x that at a minimum going forward. Sucks to suck.