T-Bar/Pullaparts (mini)
135x3x15/3x20

Band Fly (doubled monster mini)
3x20

Cambered Curls/Rolling DB Ex
95x3x10/35x3x10

Side/Rear Laterals
20x2x20/20x2x20

I was more stable on incline than I expected and felt solid while doing it. Got in some good work on the accessories and shoulder is feeling solid.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
8/10

Front Squat (Oly shoes)
225x8
245x7 PR
245x6
245x5
26 reps

Uni LP
270x15
360x2x10

DB Shrugs/Standing Cable Crunches
90x2x15/120x2x15

Hypers
BW+45x2x15

So far, so good on front squats. I'd like to hit 315 on them in the next quarter. I'm fairly certain I have the leg strength for it, but holding is the concern.

liftandswim

liftandswim

Awards
8/10 Front Squat (Oly shoes) 225x8 245x7 PR 245x6 245x5 26 reps Uni LP 270x15 360x2x10 DB Shrugs/Standing Cable Crunches 90x2x15/120x2x15 Hypers BW+45x2x15 So far, so good on front squats. I'd like to hit 315 on them in the next quarter. I'm fairly certain I have the leg strength for it, but holding is the concern.
Good fronts! Same thing here, never felt like leg strength was stopping me on fronts just lack the spinal rigidity needed at heavier loads. Whether that's a core or upper back or technical issue, idk.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good fronts! Same thing here, never felt like leg strength was stopping me on fronts just lack the spinal rigidity needed at heavier loads. Whether that's a core or upper back or technical issue, idk.
The shoes have made a big difference. I'm sure being ~30# heavier than the last time I devoted serious time to them is helping as well.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Did you pull your snatch grips in them the other day? I like it for some reason.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I wish fancy squat shoes didn't cost a fortune just to find out if you like em...any who, very nice front squat session there. Looks like you are finding a raw groove pretty quickly.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wish fancy squat shoes didn't cost a fortune just to find out if you like em...any who, very nice front squat session there. Looks like you are finding a raw groove pretty quickly.
I got pretty lucky with the bday gift this year. It's still a little early, but they already seem like a fantastic investment.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
8/12

OHP (Oly shoes)
145x10
155x8
155x9
27 reps

Pull-ups (neutral)/Facepulls (light)
BWx8/20
BWx7/20
BWx6/20

HS Flat Press
80x2x12
80x10

JM Press/BB Curls
95x3x10/95x3x10

Side Laterals
30x2x15
35x15

Ramping up the volume for delts these next several weeks. I'm ready to get to the heavy OHP now that I'm getting a groove with the shoes and altered stance. After watching the vid that Lou posted about JM presses, I decided to throw them in and the technique is very different from how I was doing them.

liftandswim

liftandswim

Awards
8/12 OHP (Oly shoes) 145x10 155x8 155x9 27 reps Pull-ups (neutral)/Facepulls (light) BWx8/20 BWx7/20 BWx6/20 HS Flat Press 80x2x12 80x10 JM Press/BB Curls 95x3x10/95x3x10 Side Laterals 30x2x15 35x15 Ramping up the volume for delts these next several weeks. I'm ready to get to the heavy OHP now that I'm getting a groove with the shoes and altered stance. After watching the vid that Lou posted about JM presses, I decided to throw them in and the technique is very different from how I was doing them.
You seem to be getting stronger and stronger on the OHP. Solid work

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You seem to be getting stronger and stronger on the OHP. Solid work
Thanks. My OHP has really been the only major upper body lift that I've been able to train consistently this year and it's paying dividends. I'd like to get 225 soon.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
8/13

Conventional Deficit Pulls (1/2")
315x5x5

Front Squat (Oly shoes)
225x2x10 PR

Snatch Grip SLDL (Oly shoes)
225x10
275x10

Standing Band Crunches (average)
2x20

Almost halfway through the accumulation phase and it's going better than expected. I've made major progress on front squats and everything is feeling stable.

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice work, man. Good to see you're liking the oly shoes. They helped my front squats considerably.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
What kind did you get?
Romaleos 2. Champs was running a deal on em so they were like $145 shipped. Nikes seen to fit my feet better than Adidas so I figured id give them a shot

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Romaleos 2. Champs was running a deal on em so they were like $145 shipped. Nikes seen to fit my feet better than Adidas so I figured id give them a shot
I've never had great luck with Nike footwear and Adidas have been my go-to brand for shoes. It's a big crap shoot with Oly shoes since they're so expensive to try out and a hassle with sizing.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
I've never had great luck with Nike footwear and Adidas have been my go-to brand for shoes. It's a big crap shoot with Oly shoes since they're so expensive to try out and a hassle with sizing.
Wish there was a store to try them on. I'll probably keep the tags on if I can and get a couple sessions in with them before I decide whether to keep them or not

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wish there was a store to try them on. I'll probably keep the tags on if I can and get a couple sessions in with them before I decide whether to keep them or not
That's exactly what I did. After my second session in them, I knew I was keeping them and ripped off the tag.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I missed it, which did you end up with? I've really grown to love mine just for the sheet stability and connection to the floor.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice. I almost went for those but ended up getting the PL 2.0s as a gift and I am very happy with them. They make a good shoe for sure.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
8/15

CG Bench (1B)
225x8
275x2x5
245x8

Cable Rows/Facepulls
200x12/60x15
220x2x10/70x2x15

HS Flat Press
80x2x15
80x12

DB Curls/Rope Pressdowns
40x2x12/70x2x12

Side Laterals/Pullaparts (mini)
30x2x15/2x15

Not the best session today for whatever reason. I didn't have any pop and went more for TUT on the assistance lifts. Breaking up this scar tissue and calcium in my upper back has been a long, arduous process, but it feels close to being done. After that, I'll have to address the inevitable pec and serratus shortening, but that's so much easier to fix.

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
8/15 CG Bench (1B) 225x8 275x2x5 245x8 Cable Rows/Facepulls 200x12/60x15 220x2x10/70x2x15 HS Flat Press 80x2x15 80x12 DB Curls/Rope Pressdowns 40x2x12/70x2x12 Side Laterals/Pullaparts (mini) 30x2x15/2x15 Not the best session today for whatever reason. I didn't have any pop and went more for TUT on the assistance lifts. Breaking up this scar tissue and calcium in my upper back has been a long, arduous process, but it feels close to being done. After that, I'll have to address the inevitable pec and serratus shortening, but that's so much easier to fix.
I feel you, man. I'm at a point where I need daily mashing. What is your "go to" mobility tool/exercise for upper back?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I feel you, man. I'm at a point where I need daily mashing. What is your "go to" mobility tool/exercise for upper back?
PVC pipe and a LX ball. I mash it out 2-3x/day and then stretch the hell out of the lats and mid traps.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
8/17

Squat (Oly shoes)
285x8
335x5
Add Wraps
375x2x3
425x2

Hack Squats
225x10
315x2x8

GM
135x2x15

Pallof Press (light)
3x12

I'm still relearning the cadence of raw squatting down and it's limiting my speed out of the hole, but I'm getting back my strength faster than I expected. 425 as a goal has been tossed out the window and I'm going to bump it up to 505 by the end of the Fall.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Squats looked really good Rodja. You are able to really sit back on your raw squats nice. Solid work

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh, I need new training partners. The crew is a bunch morons.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It's one thing to joke around, but that isn't even funny. That sucks, man.

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Every gym has to have one of those guys. Today, Scott, the know it all/goofball, was telling this guy about this "new" exercise. Given this guy is a 65 year old man with two knee replacements and he was excited to learn. The next thing I know this guy is laying on a bench, ass straight up in the air. And Scott said, "now spell run."

The guy was pretty salty. Lol.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Every gym has to have one of those guys. Today, Scott, the know it all/goofball, was telling this guy about this "new" exercise. Given this guy is a 65 year old man with two knee replacements and he was excited to learn. The next thing I know this guy is laying on a bench, ass straight up in the air. And Scott said, "now spell run." The guy was pretty salty. Lol.
I thought my gym had some characters.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
8/18

Push-press
185x6
195x6
205x2x3

Meadows Row
90x15
115x2x12

DB Pullovers
70x10
80x10
90x10

JM Press/DB Curls
115x3x10/50x3x10

Side/Rear Laterals
35x2x15

I didn't hit any PRs today, but a damn good session. I still need some extra practice with PP as far as leg drive goes to really start pushing my numbers. Weight is still in the low 230's as I've had multiple days where I haven't hit my caloric requirements. That being said, this is turning into a slow recomp.

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
How do you go about selecting poundages/reps for this prilepin based template? I understand the rep range for each respective wave and I grasp prilepin's table as well, but I noticed you don't do sets across all the time and ramp weights. Is it all centralized around how you feel that particular day and then wing it so to speak?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How do you go about selecting poundages/reps for this prilepin based template? I understand the rep range for each respective wave and I grasp prilepin's table as well, but I noticed you don't do sets across all the time and ramp weights. Is it all centralized around how you feel that particular day and then wing it so to speak?
That's the beauty of both Prilepin's chart and block: it's very flexible. The rep ranges are straight from Prilepin's chart and there are several ways to implement them. For example, I have sumo on Wednesday and my rep range is 18-24 for that day. I could set them up in a speed work fashion and do 8-9 sets of doubles or triples or I can do 3x6, 6x4, etc. The major caveat I've thrown in is using RPE instead of solely using percentages as I don't have any way to know my 1RM as it's been awhile since I've done extensive raw work. My first wave was more conservative since I was attenuating to most of the lifts and this next wave will be pushed a bit more.

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
That's the beauty of both Prilepin's chart and block: it's very flexible. The rep ranges are straight from Prilepin's chart and there are several ways to implement them. For example, I have sumo on Wednesday and my rep range is 18-24 for that day. I could set them up in a speed work fashion and do 8-9 sets of doubles or triples or I can do 3x6, 6x4, etc. The major caveat I've thrown in is using RPE instead of solely using percentages as I don't have any way to know my 1RM as it's been awhile since I've done extensive raw work. My first wave was more conservative since I was attenuating to most of the lifts and this next wave will be pushed a bit more.
I see. So you're not necessarily concerned about hitting a top weight PR, but rather just getting in the designated amount of reps and getting the work in, however you desire: dynamic, RE, sets across. Your twist on it has me intrigued

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I see. So you're not necessarily concerned about hitting a top weight PR, but rather just getting in the designated amount of reps and getting the work in, however you desire: dynamic, RE, sets across. Your twist on it has me intrigued
That's pretty much it. If a rep PR happens, it's a bonus, but it doesn't make or break the day. Once I get beyond week 8 (I started week 4 yesterday), then I'll be looking to establish some actual rep PRs on the big lifts.