Sumo
415x6x3

Front Squat
225x6

Hypers
BW+45x3x15

Standing Band Crunches (avg)
3x20

First day where something ****ty happened. On the front squat, I irritated my quad and shut it down. It's not crippling and nothing tore, but there is a hell of a knot up in it.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
8/22

Incline BP
185x6
205x6
225x4
225x5 PR

Neutral Pull-ups/Band Facepulls (light)
BWx3x8/3x20

HS Flat Press
80x2x15
90x12

Cambered Curls/Tate Press
95x2x10/50x2x10

Side Laterals
35x2x15

IYT
15x2x10

I've gotten stronger on everything except flat bench, which is mainly a health issue more than anything. The last time I did 225x5 on incline was with a Ram and it was with just wrist wraps today. I've noticed that spreading the bar helps to keep the external rotation of the humerus to keep the joint in socket and now I just need to keep strengthening the area.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Pretty freaking sweet hitting that PR right after hitting it for 4.

Good call on the notes. I'm steadily working to do the same on pressing movements.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pretty freaking sweet hitting that PR right after hitting it for 4. Good call on the notes. I'm steadily working to do the same on pressing movements.
The 225x4 was a PR as well and then I topped it the next set. I'm pretty happy with that as my presses advance so slowly.

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
Nice incline, man. What's your plan with the quad? I pulled my sartorius muscle back in April. It still cramps up on me in the gym from time to time. I can't aggressively foam roll it either as it becomes aggravated and inflamed. I was never able to detect a knot either. So not sure exactly what happened. You just plan on icing it for now?

liftandswim

liftandswim

Awards
Your flat will come around. You've definitely got the pressing strength looking at your incline and OHP numbers

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice incline, man. What's your plan with the quad? I pulled my sartorius muscle back in April. It still cramps up on me in the gym from time to time. I can't aggressively foam roll it either as it becomes aggravated and inflamed. I was never able to detect a knot either. So not sure exactly what happened. You just plan on icing it for now?
There's a lot of tenderness in the area still when palpated. I can walk and flex the muscle without pain and I'll play it by ear today. If it's feeling solid, I'll box squat today since it's more PC than quads. I usually don't train with liniment and I'll use some while warming up.

I'd like to throw on a compression sleeve, but I can't find a non-Velcro one that fits over my thighs.
Your flat will come around. You've definitely got the pressing strength looking at your incline and OHP numbers
My increases in OHP and incline definitely give me tangible feedback that I've gotten stronger, which is awesome. Bench has always been a struggle for me whether it be physical, mental, or technical. It's almost all three right now since I can't find any consistency and it's really shaken my confidence.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
8/24

GM
225x6
255x6
275x6
315x6 PR

Uni DB SLDL
60x10
70x10

Hypers/Donkey Calf Raises
BW+45x15/400x15
BW+90x15/400x15

Tried to do some SSB box squats, but it irritated the quad at a plate so I shut it down. However, blasted my PC and it's always nice to get a PR on a major lift.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Your seriously building some nice momentum here Rodja, solid work.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your seriously building some nice momentum here Rodja, solid work.
Thanks, man. I was fresh and had no excuses to not really push the GMs. I could've gone up higher, but stayed within the parameters of the template in terms of RPE.

Sidenote: we're going to be doing a benefit meet for a dude that passed today and I'll be doing it. I won't be pushing my bench, but I'll really be pushing my squat and deadlift to get a true idea on my raw numbers.

liftandswim

liftandswim

Awards
Sidenote: we're going to be doing a benefit meet for a dude that passed today and I'll be doing it. I won't be pushing my bench, but I'll really be pushing my squat and deadlift to get a true idea on my raw numbers.
Hearts out to the guy, whether you knew him or not. Definitely interested to see what raw numbers you're working with

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hearts out to the guy, whether you knew him or not. Definitely interested to see what raw numbers you're working with
He worked at the gym where I train. I didn't have a lot of extended interaction with him, but we've had multiple conversations over the past couple of years.

I'd like to get close to 500 on squat and 545 on deads.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
8/25

OHP
155x8
165x8
175x7 PR

DB Row
145x2x15

DB Pullovers
70x10
80x10
90x10

Facepulls/Side Laterals
70x2x15/35x2x15

I planned to do some biceps and triceps, but ran out of gas after really ramping up on OHP and DB row. That being said, it's the first time I've done some heavy ass DB rows in awhile and those always take a lot out of me. I still feel really good overall physically. The shoulder felt fantastic throughout this session, which will hopefully start to translate to my bench.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Very solid session Rodja.

I completely feel what you are saying on the DB rows. High rep sets I have to mentally prep myself bc they do wear you out.

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Very solid session Rodja.

I completely feel what you are saying on the DB rows. High rep sets I have to mentally prep myself bc they do wear you out.
Heck yeah they wear me down-

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Outside of heavy geared work, three things zap me: DB rows, GM, and walking lunges.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
8/27

Conventional
315x5
365x5
405x2x3
405x5
455x2

Hack Squat
225x3x10

SG SLDL
225x3x10

Ab Wheel
3x15

Conventional went much better than expected today. I'm still slowish off the floor and have to really focus on pushing with the outside of the foot to engage the glutes. Overall, very pleased.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wonder if I need the same foot cue on my pulls to keep my hips low while I drive the weight off of the floor. I'm altogether stymied on my deadlift.

I bet your conventional work will carry over to nice smooth lockouts on your competition pulls and better stability on your squats.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wonder if I need the same foot cue on my pulls to keep my hips low while I drive the weight off of the floor. I'm altogether stymied on my deadlift. I bet your conventional work will carry over to nice smooth lockouts on your competition pulls and better stability on your squats.
I slightly pushy knees out on them, which I'm noticing is an underutilized cue. I'm hoping you're right about the carryover. Between the conventional work and the SG, my PC has been getting a heavy amount of work.

capo180

Awards
  • Established
Yeah i feel like i need to get the knees out on deads myself. but i also seem to over think them sometimes, and that messes me up as much as anything.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
8/29

Bench (w/ Ram)
275x5
315x3x5 (1-board)
315x3

HS Row (pronated)
190x3x10

Tate Press/Seated DB Curls
40x2x15/40x2x12

Side Laterals/Pullaparts (mini)
35x2x15/2x15

Today didn't really go as planned. I didn't want to add in any assistive equipment this early, but I needed to get in some benching. I'm glad I stick with it as it made me realize how much my mid back and lower traps have weakened. I was cramping nearly the entire working sets and that usually never happens until I'm in a shirt.

liftandswim

liftandswim

Awards
Is the RAM akin to the slingshot?

And wish I had some of those fancy hammer strength machines, my old gym did.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm going to be getting a new shirt in the next few weeks. It's a 56 Ace that I'll have to take in on the arms. Dude I train with bought it, but can't get the groove of it and has been used <10 times in training. I have zero intentions of using it beyond a single session to figure out how I need to alter it as I am going to stuck with my raw plan.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had myself a hell of a squat session today. I'm waiting for the vids to be sent to me before I go into full detail of everything.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
8/31

Squat (briefs, loose wraps, and Oly shoes)
415x2x3
465x2x2
515x1

BSS
BWx3x15

Hypers/Standing Band Crunches
BW+70x3x15/3x20

Still waiting for the footage, but wanted to update the lot before I forget everything. It started out with some box squats to warm up before working up. I noticed how much foot pressure I was generating and decided to throw on the briefs to see they felt in the shoes.

The initial set was a disaster as I was feeling for the box wen technique went to hell fast. I ditched the box and then everything went much smoother. I basically just had to break at the hips, hold the position, and then focus on just knees out. One thing I really noticed was that I could feel my PC loading up even in the briefs and the recoil was huge. There are still some smaller things to iron out and there's always that variable that changes everything and that is weight. I haven't decided whether to fully transition to the Oly shoes in gear, but the initial session was very promising.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting stuff. I've box squatted well in my oly shoes, but had never tried them equipped.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interesting stuff. I've box squatted well in my oly shoes, but had never tried them equipped.
I figured I'd try them as sitting back is not an issue for me. It's creating the torque from the feet that has been difficult for me. It feels like my heels are driving through the ground and gives me much better foot pressure and grip.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
9/1

Push-Press
185x5
205x5
215x3
225x2x3 PR

http://instagram.com/p/sbNKIrSyva/

HS Row (neutral)
190x3x10

DB Pullovers
70x2x12
80x12

JM Press/Side Laterals/Pullapart (overhand and underhand)
95x3x15/35x3x10/3x10

The weak points came out today in terms of technique. I need to get my core tighter and really drive my rear heel into the ground. Still felt good overall.

liftandswim

liftandswim

Awards
Good day in my books anytime you've got 2 plates overhead.

Do you prefer the staggered stance when you push press? Never tried it, personally.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good day in my books anytime you've got 2 plates overhead. Do you prefer the staggered stance when you push press? Never tried it, personally.
I feel more stable with the staggered stance. I use it on OHP as well.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Duuuuuude great pressing!
Danke, homie. I haven't had that much weight in my hands in the position in a long time. I didn't feel really heavy and it felt more like I needed some technical work more so than strength holding me back.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Danke, homie. I haven't had that much weight in my hands in the position in a long time. I didn't feel really heavy and it felt more like I needed some technical work more so than strength holding me back.
You're going to have some coconut shaped delts soon, man.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm having a bit of a debate as I have deadlifts on deck tomorrow. I'm contemplating whether to stick with the plan of deficit conventional, raw sumo, or geared sumo. My CNS feels great and it's been 7 weeks since I pulled in gear. Either way, I'll be doing doubles and triples for a total of 15-18 reps on working sets.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Liftnswim beat me to my question! Nice pressing Rodja!

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
I'm having a bit of a debate as I have deadlifts on deck tomorrow. I'm contemplating whether to stick with the plan of deficit conventional, raw sumo, or geared sumo. My CNS feels great and it's been 7 weeks since I pulled in gear. Either way, I'll be doing doubles and triples for a total of 15-18 reps on working sets.
How's the quad, man?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Briefs maybe? Then raw deficit SLDL!
I see your deficit SLDL and raise you deficit snatch grip SLDL. I'm going to go with the DL suit with straps down. With all the pumpkin foods and beverages popping up again, I'll just say I'm being festive in my bright ass orange suit.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
9/3 Sumo

Sumo (Jack suit, straps down)
415x3
465x2x3
505x3
535x3
560x4 PR

Deficit SG SLDL (1")
225x3x12

BSS (BW)
75 reps total

Standing Band Crunch (avg)
3x20

Trunk Rotation into Pallof (monster mini)
3x10

The day started off a bit rough once I got into the suit as it was tight as hell. I had to almost rework my groove and then I hit a nice stretch.

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hell yeah, Rodja! Looked smooth as hell. Congrats on the PR.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That's a big PR right there. You get some great position in your sumos

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks, fellas. I'm curious to see what I can pull with straps up and some ammonia caps. I'd like to think I'm in the mid-600s.