Joint pain relief

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Aleve,220 mg of naproxen sodium I hate taking it but it does work..

Prime Rib

Awards
Glucosamine Sulfate. Give it about 3 weeks to start working, does wonders....

PreMier

PreMier

Awards
glucosamine/chondroiten/msm is what I take.

I also used generic naproxin when I seperated my shoulder. Via advice from my orthopedist.

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
capasicin cream. glucosamine I always take.

kelsey

Awards
  • Established
MADMAN,
i take glucosamine/choidroiten,

but ill tell you what has helped me tremendously, is before you start warming up, you apply horse linement to your targeted joints,

you can get it at southern ag or any feed store,
EFTS even sells it on there sight like 4 bucks..

gets you warm and ready in a jiffy. once you try it, youll never do it any other way.
my horse linement even has msm in it!!

people always look at my buddy when he asks " did you bring your horse SH _ _?" good conversation starter.

OH YEAH its veterinary approved :icon_lol:

Rob1208lv

Awards
MADMAN,
i take glucosamine/choidroiten,

but ill tell you what has helped me tremendously, is before you start warming up, you apply horse linement to your targeted joints,

you can get it at southern ag or any feed store,
EFTS even sells it on there sight like 4 bucks..

gets you warm and ready in a jiffy. once you try it, youll never do it any other way.
my horse linement even has msm in it!!

people always look at my buddy when he asks " did you bring your horse SH _ _?" good conversation starter.

OH YEAH its veterinary approved :icon_lol:
where can i get this stuff I think i messup my elbo bad playing softball.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks Kelsey,sounds interesting..I just hope I wont develop a long face.(that was a bad attempt at humor)

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
where can i get this stuff I think i messup my elbo bad playing softball.

Isn't that just DMSO?

I use hyaluronic acid (very spendy....wish a board sponsor would pick it up cheaper), Glu/con (in liquid or gel caps....none of the pill forms work for me) and collagen (Knox Nutrajoint).

Rob1208lv

Awards
Isn't that just DMSO?

I use hyaluronic acid (very spendy....wish a board sponsor would pick it up cheaper), Glu/con (in liquid or gel caps....none of the pill forms work for me) and collagen (Knox Nutrajoint).
could be I don't know but my elbow did hurt bad it feels better now. I have been using a wrap and some icy-hot.. Thanks for your reply.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
glucosamine/chondroiten/msm

I agree try to fix it I would give it at least 3 months as said above. Has worked for myself

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Isn't that just DMSO?

Sodium Hyaluronate is the cadillac of glucosamine, that stuff really works well.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
do you inject it D?
whats your dosing profile?

thanks!
Yeah, you could. I don't, but it is designed for that. I like it oral at about 500mg/d doses when I get hurt. I only use it when there is an issue, it's quite expensive otherwise.

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, you could. I don't, but it is designed for that. I like it oral at about 500mg/d doses when I get hurt. I only use it when there is an issue, it's quite expensive otherwise.
thanks

here's what elzy volk says about that:

Sodium hyaluronate (HA) is a high-molecular-weight polysaccharide manufactured from bacterial fermentation. It differs from other GAGs in that it is unsulfated. Recall form Part 1-2 of this series that normal synovial fluid contains hyaluronic acid as a natural lubricating and cushioning substance. It is also a very integral component of articular cartilage PGs.

Long used in treatment of OA in horses, HA and derivatives have also been administered for use in treatment of human OA. Having been used clinically for several decades in Europe, most of the studies with HA originate from overseas. Because HA is not well absorbed orally, intra-articular injections of highly-purified HA aim to restore the fluid properties of the extracellular matrix in arthritic joints. Although the mechanisms of action are not clear, scientists posit that HA modulates several cellular functions thereby reducing inflammation and pain response
Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2004 Aug;12(8):642-9.Related Articles, Links

[size=+1]Efficacy and safety of a single intra-articular injection of non-animal stabilized hyaluronic acid (NASHA) in patients with osteoarthritis of the knee.[/size]

Altman RD, Akermark C, Beaulieu AD, Schnitzer T; Durolane International Study Group.

GRECC, Miami VAMC, Miami, FL, USA.

OBJECTIVE: Non-animal stabilized hyaluronic acid (NASHA) is a novel hyaluronan (HA) preparation with a 4-week intra-articular half-life. This study compared the efficacy of a single injection of NASHA with placebo in patients with osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee. DESIGN: This was a 26-week randomized, double-blind, multicenter study of a single intra-articular knee injection with either NASHA or placebo (saline). Assessments included the Western Ontario McMasters Universities osteoarthritis index (WOMAC, Likert Scale) and patients' overall global disease status. A positive response was defined as a reduction in WOMAC pain score for the study knee of 40% from baseline with a minimum improvement of > or =5 points. RESULTS: A total of 346 (NASHA 172; placebo 174) patients were treated. WOMAC scores and quality of life were improved in both the NASHA and placebo groups. For the overall population, there were no statistically significant between-group differences in response rates for any efficacy parameters. In patients with OA confined to the knee (N=216), a greater response to NASHA than placebo was observed at week 6 (P=0.025). There were few treatment-related events. CONCLUSIONS: NASHA was not superior to placebo for the primary efficacy analysis. However, these data may be confounded by the inclusion of patients with OA at other sites, as significant benefits over placebo were found among patients with OA confined to the knee. Future trials of OA that examine a local therapy might need to consider restricting the study population to those patients having OA of only the signal joint.
gone in 10 minutes from absorption?
Ciba Found Symp. 1989;143:41-53; discussion 53-9, 281-5.Related Articles, Links

[size=+1]Turnover and metabolism of hyaluronan.[/size]

Fraser JR, Laurent TC.

Department of Medicine, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia.

The highest concentrations of hyaluronan occur in synovial fluid, vitreous body, skin and certain specialized tissues such as umbilical cord and rooster comb, during fetal development, and in tissue repair and regeneration. The largest amounts are found in the intercellular matrix of skin and musculoskeletal tissues. Turnover in the bloodstream is normally in the range of 0.3-1.0 microgram min-1/kg body weight. Circulating hyaluronan is mostly derived from lymph. Lymph nodes may nevertheless extract as much as 80-90% from peripheral lymph before it can reach the bloodstream. Turnover in peripheral tissues may be effected by degradation in situ, or by transfer into lymph by diffusion or hydrodynamic forces. Hyaluronan is firmly bound in specific association with cells or binding proteins but much of it exists in freely mobilized compartments with a half-life of two days or less, and it is metabolized after transport elsewhere. Metabolic degradation of hyaluronan is principally intracellular and relies on uptake by a receptor which, in contrast with other hyaluronan-binding structures, also binds chondroitin sulphate. It is suggested that this dual specificity may be primarily associated with metabolic degradation of hyaluronan. Uptake and metabolism are primarily effected in liver and lymph node by endothelial cells lining the sinusoids of each. Further studies indicate that in lymph nodes and in spleen, macrophage-like cells intertwined with the endothelial cells also take up hyaluronan. The metabolic cycle from polymer to monosaccharides, acetate and beyond can be completed in vivo within 10 minutes.

kelsey

Awards
  • Established
i could feel the increase in joint integrity, or overall better mobility and strength in a week. knees, shoulders, elbow.

after that if i got injured ( like normal ) a tinge or something,
it would take a day or so to feel better as opposed to a week or more.