John Meadows 2.0 programs

Rishy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I watched both videos, The one with bands is great but I wished if he did show more exercises for volume, "effective time under tension" and variability. I didn't try the workout yet I may change my mind.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yeah I watched both videos, The one with bands is great but I wished if he did show more exercises for volume, "effective time under tension" and variability. I didn't try the workout yet I may change my mind.
It is his first video. He will be making more. (He even said that at the end of the banded video)

If you want more volume = do more sets,
-- or --
slow down your tempo = "Time Under Tension"

There is only so much you can do at your house and with bands. It is not like we have the luxury of walking into a gym and having full access to weights. Got to make do with what we got for the time being.

wesb2387

wesb2387

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Same

Welp, I just cracked as well. It's only a matter of time before i'm working out in my garage gym every day. Thanks for the link Bob (y)

TinyGiant

Awards
Anyone else having a extremely hard time finding Olympic weight sets online to purchase? I can’t find **** that’s reasonably priced.

spongebob00

Awards
Anyone else having a extremely hard time finding Olympic weight sets online to purchase? I can’t find **** that’s reasonably priced.
Man, I was lucky to get some little things from Rogue before everything went South. As far as I can tell there’s not a whole lot left online and if there is the shipping times are out about 2 to 4 weeks.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
weights are typically pretty expensive to buy new to begin with but now that demand is through the roof and supply is limited you're SOL for sure... way late to the party ha

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
weights are typically pretty expensive to buy new to begin with but now that demand is through the roof and supply is limited you're SOL for sure... way late to the party ha
York barbell website.
2in barbell and 300lbs of plates, $269

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
York barbell website.
2in barbell and 300lbs of plates, $269
damn, thats actually a MASSIVE deal... under $1/lb is pretty much as good as it gets. Nice find!

edit - blah they're closed now due to covid so you can't even place an order... sucks

Last edited:

spongebob00

Awards
damn, thats actually a MASSIVE deal... under $1/lb is pretty much as good as it gets. Nice find!

edit - blah they're closed now due to covid so you can't even place an order... sucks
I think I got the last EZ curl bar in my area at Dick’s Sporting Goods today. If you can find something local they’re still doing curbside pick up there. Luckily I still have some standard plates in the garage. The Olympic bars were sold out.

TinyGiant

Awards
Yeah I didn’t think this was going to last beyond two weeks and didn’t plan for the worse case scenario. I may have to resort to bands. I also saw the York sets but like someone said above they are closed and charge around $90 for shipping.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yeah I didn’t think this was going to last beyond two weeks and didn’t plan for the worse case scenario. I may have to resort to bands. I also saw the York sets but like someone said above they are closed and charge around $90 for shipping.
$269 + 60 shipping for a barbell and 300 in plates is still a great deal for high quality weights. But yeah too bad they're closed

TinyGiant

Awards
Finally got an Olympic weight set that has 225lbs in plates that will hold me over until the gyms open.

My next goal is to find a weight bench that will hold a 1,000 lbs. Do the weight bench capacity limits mean much or is that just them putting it on there for liability issues? Most benches don’t go over 600 lbs total weight capacity. Anyone have any recommendations?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Finally got an Olympic weight set that has 225lbs in plates that will hold me over until the gyms open.

My next goal is to find a weight bench that will hold a 1,000 lbs. Do the weight bench capacity limits mean much or is that just them putting it on there for liability issues? Most benches don’t go over 600 lbs total weight capacity. Anyone have any recommendations?
I mean, why would you need 1000lb...? Even if you weigh 300, that's a 700lb bench... which I'm fairly certain nobody here is doing ha. 600 should be more that enough for just about anyone not in the top 1% of strongman competitors

TinyGiant

Awards
I weigh 310lbs and can bench over 400lbs. Just wanted to get a bench that was rated for that if I decide to go that high.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Titan Fitness is hit or miss on some of their things but I don't regret purchasing their weight bench. It's sturdy and beefy. Rep Fitness makes awesome benches, especially their adjustable ones.

TinyGiant

Awards
Titan Fitness is hit or miss on some of their things but I don't regret purchasing their weight bench. It's sturdy and beefy. Rep Fitness makes awesome benches, especially their adjustable ones.
Thanks for the input. I was looking at the Rep Fitness equipment.

I guess my main concern/question was if I got a bench rated for 600lbs will it have a difficult time handling weight above that. Just don’t want to buy a bench and have to buy a second because the first one can’t handle the weight capacity and have to buy a second one. Chances are I won’t be going that high any time soon at home and save it for the gyms but down the road I may.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thanks for the input. I was looking at the Rep Fitness equipment.

I guess my main concern/question was if I got a bench rated for 600lbs will it have a difficult time handling weight above that. Just don’t want to buy a bench and have to buy a second because the first one can’t handle the weight capacity and have to buy a second one. Chances are I won’t be going that high any time soon at home and save it for the gyms but down the road I may.
Nah, you should be fine with that. I knonw my squat rack is rated for like "300" and I've loaded it way over that before. I highly doubt any commercial gym has anyhting over the normal 600 as well and nobody ever questions loading those up. I think you'd be fine as they also factor in a "safety factor" above and beyond that 600lb number (usually at least 5%, likely closer to 20%)

rrossi

Awards
Volume:
Creeping Death 2.0
Gamma Bomb

Intensity:
Odin Force
High Evolutionary
Project Colossus

Will be testing the new program here soon!
Nice man, I'm looking dor creeping death 2.0 pdf and odin force. Do you have these?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
2 New Programs:

- Warlock

MondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturday / Sunday
Upper body:
Workout 1
Lower body:
Workout 2
OFFUpper body:
Workout 3
Lower body:
Workout 4
OFF

- Baby Groot

MondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturday / Sunday
Full Body:
Upper Body Emphasis
Workout 1
OFFFull Body:
Lower Body Emphasis
Workout 2
OFFFull Body:
Upper Body Emphasis
Workout 3
OFF

TinyGiant

Awards
I’ll do the same thing we’ve done in the past. I’ve already bought the 2 new programs. DM if interested.

spongebob00

Awards
Haven’t heard any feedback on these yet- except that they are really basic barbell routines.. about right?

TinyGiant

Awards
I’ve only glanced through them. But the biggest change is the structure of the workouts. At some point they all become very similar as far as exercise choices. I plan to start Warlock Monday.

I looked at Week 1 Day 1 of warlock and it only has one barbell exercise.

spongebob00

Awards
Thanks man, guess I heard wrong. I thought I saw that in print someplace.

TinyGiant

Awards
No worries. I mean the setup is much more basic as compared to his other programs. Each program has two sets of exercises Monday-Sunday and you repeat the one week for 4 weeks then move on to the next set. If that makes sense.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
These are great intermediate programs for those getting into Fullbody and Upper Lower splits focusing on the compound movements, barbell, and straight DB Work. For those looking for advance splits like CD, CD 2.0, Sentinel, Omega Beam etc these will be far different.

These are basically the "Meat and Potatoes" of working out compared to the advanced workouts you are used to seeing from the Mountain Dog. I know he is working on more youth training videos and programs for kids at the moment.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
These are great intermediate programs for those getting into Fullbody and Upper Lower splits focusing on the compound movements, barbell, and straight DB Work. For those looking for advance splits like CD, CD 2.0, Sentinel, Omega Beam etc these will be far different.

These are basically the "Meat and Potatoes" of working out compared to the advanced workouts you are used to seeing from the Mountain Dog. I know he is working on more youth training videos and programs for kids at the moment.
These also would be much easier to do with minimal equipment/at home (which I expect was part of the driving force behind their release timing)

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
These also would be much easier to do with minimal equipment/at home (which I expect was part of the driving force behind their release timing)
John had a IG Live stream stating he had all of these made, but as you know he had a life circumstance which set him back. There is more content already done, he just needs it peer-reviewed and published but his tech guys.

I assume once the gyms fully open up for most we will see what we come to know and admire from the mountain dog with the complex splits, unique exercises, and crazy intensity techniques.

Yuhpuh

Awards
I have Sentinel, Gamma Bomb, Taskmaster, Onslaught, New arm program and Executioner if anyone wants a swap!

I am looking for Creeping Death or Gauntlet!

PM if interested!
Yo just want to know if I can get thiese

spongebob00

Awards
I know this is a Meadows thread, but has anyone gotten Fortitude training? Price for the book is awful steep... is it worth it?

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is it worth it? Anything to warrant all the “ you have to read this “ i see?
Honestly I find it extremely complicated way to train, maybe I am dense like a brick and I am sure if I got familiar with it it would be easier but I didn’t even attempt the split lol.

spongebob00

Awards
Honestly I find it extremely complicated way to train, maybe I am dense like a brick and I am sure if I got familiar with it it would be easier but I didn’t even attempt the split lol.
I saw an example printed once and kinda had the same impression, honestly

wesb2387

wesb2387

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Anybody trying to go in on the new Meadows Avalanche program? Looks like it’s $99 for an 8 week program.

Hooper

Awards
Anybody trying to go in on the new Meadows Avalanche program? Looks like it’s $99 for an 8 week program.
[/QUOTE

I plan to get it. I haven't been on the forum in a while didn't know if anyone still gets up a group buy.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I can buy the program for sure
How many wanna get in on a group buy?

let me know and we can all chip in
Comment — “I’ll chip in” and if we can get like 8-10 people it would be $10-15 each

D25208B3-5751-4068-B0FD-3B9374B00059.jpeg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Prince IronMag Labs 1
Doss Pro Bodybuilding 2
Anabolics 11
Afi140 Supplements 25
Training Forum 8