John Meadows 2.0 programs

comandotech

comandotech

Awards
If you prefer higher volume then yes --> CD 2.0, Gamma Bomb ec.
If you prefer lower volume and intensity Project Colossus or Odin Force,
by the looks of this program it will be lower volume and higher intensity based on beating the log book with the 2nd exercise being the primary compound movement.

Is anyone in for a group buy? I would be willing to purchase if everyone wants to paypal and chip in
let me know and we can arrange it.

So if we get 4 people we can split it 25 each
10 people $10 each

etc etc.
I know @TinyGiant and @Mowglisml are interested
Friend, can you please tell me if you think The High Evolutionary from John Meadows program is good for gaining size in natural people, thanks

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Friend, can you please tell me if you think The High Evolutionary from John Meadows program is good for gaining size in natural people, thanks
Absolutely
He even writes that word for word on the introduction of his program.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
After 1 Week I have to say this program has me drained.
My leg vascularity today was unreal with the Bulgarian drop set of death, on top of really hard squats with an RPE of 9 and sets of 10.

The biggest challenge is the drop sets on the pressing movements on the chest/shoulder workouts. I am really looking forward to trying to match the logbook over the 6 weeks when running the program as the exercise selection does not deviate much. The only thing vastly changing is the rep scheme and increased intensity techniques.

Anyone else running it ATM!?

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My leg vascularity today was unreal with the Bulgarian drop set of death, on top of really hard squats with an RPE of 9 and sets of 10.

The biggest challenge is the drop sets on the pressing movements on the chest/shoulder workouts. I am really looking forward to trying to match the logbook over the 6 weeks when running the program as the exercise selection does not deviate much. The only thing vastly changing is the rep scheme and increased intensity techniques.

I’m looking to start soon. Have been taking a break for a few months to heal up some injuries, but can’t wait to get back. This program looks intense, just what I love!

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Curious to why you put match the log book?

Surely you mean beat the log book?

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also, can anyone just post up a quick screen shot of a typical weeks training?

It’s always a risk buying these programs given you can’t see a snippet of what the program actually contains

Reactions: 00A
The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Curious to why you put match the log book?

Surely you mean beat the log book?
Will be very hard to beat the log book when you have been at maintenance or in a slight deficit for over 12+ Weeks.
If i was in a surplus may be a lot easier. I have lost a good chunk of weight in that time while still being able to match my lifts, if not get stronger some weeks. But its been hard to beat my lifts as I do get leaner.

All of John's programs are worth every single penny, not only for how he walks you through every rep and set. He instructs the proper amount of feeder sets or warm-ups before moving into working sets and how to complete them at the proper RPE.
He attaches videos for all exercises and also tons of information on recovery, stretching, nutrition etc... which are highly beneficial for completing the program as designed.

Last edited:

redtrek

Awards
  • First Up Vote

It’s always a risk buying these programs given you can’t see a snippet of what the program actually contains
Definitely sometimes there can be problems with access to equipment or lack of accommodating alternatives. I haven't purchased his programs, but are there specific issues you're looking out for?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Definitely sometimes there can be problems with access to equipment or lack of accommodating alternatives. I haven't purchased his programs, but are there specific issues you're looking out for?
I train in my garage, so I don't always have the exact piece of equipment, but there is always something you can do to mimic the movement. It's usually more about how he is training a muscle (e.g. heavy, going for a stretch, trying to pump it full of blood, etc.) than the actual exercise or machine he is using. If he's training his lats on a machine that I don't have, I still know a dozen other exercises for lats that I can do instead.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I train in my garage, so I don't always have the exact piece of equipment, but there is always something you can do to mimic the movement. It's usually more about how he is training a muscle (e.g. heavy, going for a stretch, trying to pump it full of blood, etc.) than the actual exercise or machine he is using. If he's training his lats on a machine that I don't have, I still know a dozen other exercises for lats that I can do instead.
He even states that exercise swaps are standard for him/his programs. Often he even recommends a few alternatives for things that are typically hard to do at a commercial gym (i.e. giant sets or odd machines)

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
He even states that exercise swaps are standard for him/his programs. Often he even recommends a few alternatives for things that are typically hard to do at a commercial gym (i.e. giant sets or odd machines)
True. Or even a quick youtube search for "mountaindog1" and whatever muscle group you want to train gives you a ton of free advice and ideas.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Just buy one and see, even if you don’t like it there’s so much you can learn from his programs

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I had to switch to PC from CD2 a couple weeks early. Adding cardio 5 days a week trying to cut, the volume of CD2 plus all the cardio was just too much. Taking me too long in the morning and the fatigue really caught up with me after a couple weeks. I’m enjoying the intensity techniques of PC, though, at least from the first week of workouts. That sorta stuff is right up my alley.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I had to switch to PC from CD2 a couple weeks early. Adding cardio 5 days a week trying to cut, the volume of CD2 plus all the cardio was just too much. Taking me too long in the morning and the fatigue really caught up with me after a couple weeks. I’m enjoying the intensity techniques of PC, though, at least from the first week of workouts. That sorta stuff is right up my alley.
What kind of cardio are you using with PC?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
From his log 20 Minutes of HIIT Pre-Workout, and if someone is truly doing 20 minutes of full-blown HIIT Pre-workout that is going to be draining. John's programs are already brutal as is. Adding in the extra High-intensity work prior to weight training is going to lower glycogen when trying to optimize your body for weight training.

If the intensity for HIIT is similar to below it will be very taxing on the body.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
yeah as @The Solution said, 20 minutes HIIT on a bike preworkout. Not the way I have typically done HIIT in the past but I’m following someone else’s suggestions. 40 on, 20 secs easy. I can’t really sustain all out for more than 20 seconds, so the first 20 seconds of the high period is working up to mad effort and going as hard as I can for the remainder of it. It’s not pleasant.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
yeah as @The Solution said, 20 minutes HIIT on a bike preworkout. Not the way I have typically done HIIT in the past but I’m following someone else’s suggestions. 40 on, 20 secs easy. I can’t really sustain all out for more than 20 seconds, so the first 20 seconds of the high period is working up to mad effort and going as hard as I can for the remainder of it. It’s not pleasant.
Cool. I've considered working in some HIIT on the treadmill, but doesn't seem feasible for myself.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Cool. I've considered working in some HIIT on the treadmill, but doesn't seem feasible for myself.
We’ll see how long I keep at it. My waist measurement is down almost 2.5” in the first two months of this cut, using the HIIT to push things along

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
We’ll see how long I keep at it. My waist measurement is down almost 2.5” in the first two months of this cut, using the HIIT to push things along
No doubt you'll see results. I just need to know my limits and I think that's it lol. Gonna be 44 in a few months and injuries are becoming a lot more part of my "normal" even with stretching and frequent chiro visits.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
No doubt you'll see results. I just need to know my limits and I think that's it lol. Gonna be 44 in a few months and injuries are becoming a lot more part of my "normal" even with stretching and frequent chiro visits.
yeah back injuries and getting older sucks. Constant learning process to figure out how to train around disc issues and still get results. Just when you think you have it figured out and you get the slightest bit comfortable, it slaps you in the face.

nickodemus

nickodemus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I am just starting to watch some of his youtube videos. Is there one program better than the other for gaining lean mass? I see he has quite a few available on his website.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I am just starting to watch some of his youtube videos. Is there one program better than the other for gaining lean mass? I see he has quite a few available on his website.
If you prefer intensity:
Project Colossus
Odin Force
High Evolution

If you prefer volume:
Gamma Bomb 2.0
Creeping Death 2.0
Sentinel

Those would be my suggestions as far as most popular programs go. Gaining lean mass will require the proper caloric surplus and adjusting volume so you can recover properly.

nickodemus

nickodemus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If you prefer intensity:
Project Colossus
Odin Force
High Evolution

If you prefer volume:
Gamma Bomb 2.0
Creeping Death 2.0
Sentinel

Those would be my suggestions as far as most popular programs go. Gaining lean mass will require the proper caloric surplus and adjusting volume so you can recover properly.
Thank you Bob always great information and help.

spongebob00

Awards
If you prefer intensity:
Project Colossus
Odin Force
High Evolution

If you prefer volume:
Gamma Bomb 2.0
Creeping Death 2.0
Sentinel

It would be kinda cool to split these up accourding to body parts. Like, I’m mostly a volume guy. But on shoulders and arms, i also like intensity techniques. Food coma musings lol

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
It would be kinda cool to split these up accourding to body parts. Like, I’m mostly a volume guy. But on shoulders and arms, i also like intensity techniques. Food coma musings lol
I think I may need to make a bastardized monster for next time combining some of each of the programs. I really like this idea

spongebob00

Awards
Yeah me too. Almost by necessity. My legs are seriously detrained due to some rugby injuries so almost anything I do for them is going to be OK. Shoulders and glutes are a weakness so I was thinking about running that women’s program, Omega Sentinel . I don’t like his arm work at all, so i would maybe run a volume/ intensity heavy routine of my own for them. I’m thinking back could be something from the gauntlet. I don’t know, I’m still looking at them throwing some things around.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah me too. Almost by necessity. My legs are seriously detrained due to some rugby injuries so almost anything I do for them is going to be OK. Shoulders and glutes are a weakness so I was thinking about running that women’s program, Omega Sentinel . I don’t like his arm work at all, so i would maybe run a volume/ intensity heavy routine of my own for them. I’m thinking back could be something from the gauntlet. I don’t know, I’m still looking at them throwing some things around.
You'll still see results from Omega Sentinel, so nothing wrong by going with that. Or you could just substitute in whatever arm training you prefer to one of the others.

spongebob00

Awards
The Arm Manual was written well, maybe it’s I’ve found what I think works for my arms already. Lots of drop sets, supersets, and a low rep basic movement for lots of low rep sets. Plus, I’ve been training a long time. There’s certain moves he likes I just can’t do anymore. The only version of the skull crusher I can do it with ropes for example.

As an aside, one thing that I think is interesting with today’s training, I see lots of movements going in and out of the average routine on a regular basis. I remember when you could open something like the Golds Gym Book of Bodybuilding and get somebody’s routine that was more less, pretty consistent over time. I kind a like that type of training a little bit better.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The Arm Manual was written well, maybe it’s I’ve found what I think works for my arms already. Lots of drop sets, supersets, and a low rep basic movement for lots of low rep sets. Plus, I’ve been training a long time. There’s certain moves he likes I just can’t do anymore. The only version of the skull crusher I can do it with ropes for example.

As an aside, one thing that I think is interesting with today’s training, I see lots of movements going in and out of the average routine on a regular basis. I remember when you could open something like the Golds Gym Book of Bodybuilding and get somebody’s routine that was more less, pretty consistent over time. I kind a like that type of training a little bit better.
John seems like a pretty humble guy, so I think he'd be first to admit that there is no one correct way. Some people are happy sticking with what they know and doing that until they can't anymore. Others learn new exercises and work them in or change things up entirely just because they get bored. Everyone is different, so I would honestly use what works best for you. And I'm with you in the certain moves that I just can't do anymore. Some moves aren't worth the risk and being knocked out of training.

spongebob00

Awards
John seems like a pretty humble guy, so I think he'd be first to admit that there is no one correct way. Some people are happy sticking with what they know and doing that until they can't anymore. Others learn new exercises and work them in or change things up entirely just because they get bored. Everyone is different, so I would honestly use what works best for you. And I'm with you in the certain moves that I just can't do anymore. Some moves aren't worth the risk and being knocked out of training.
Well said, man... I agree, seems like a great guy. I’ve had a few messages with him and his head guy Cris in the past, really great guys. Also agree with him changing up- if you look at the stuff he was doing with Dave Tate there have been a ton of changes. Hell, he didn’t even do arms for a good while. I’m just thinking out loud, but putting together a “ Greatest Hits “ program would be kinda fun lol

spongebob00

Awards
You'll still see results from Omega Sentinel, so nothing wrong by going with that. Or you could just substitute in whatever arm training you prefer to one of the others.
I talked to one of his female trainees and she loved it and had great results. She DID say some guys may feel funny doing some of the glute moves lol

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well said, man... I agree, seems like a great guy. I’ve had a few messages with him and his head guy Cris in the past, really great guys. Also agree with him changing up- if you look at the stuff he was doing with Dave Tate there have been a ton of changes. Hell, he didn’t even do arms for a good while. I’m just thinking out loud, but putting together a “ Greatest Hits “ program would be kinda fun lol
Yeah, it's interesting to watch John and Dave both modify things as they get older. His programs are great for mixing and matching, so I'm pretty sure you'll find a mix that works for you.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I talked to one of his female trainees and she loved it and had great results. She DID say some guys may feel funny doing some of the glute moves lol
I've seen some of the ones he trains and it's working! And I doubt you doing glute moves in a gym would even be in my top 1,000 weird things I have seen in the gym over the years lol

spongebob00

Awards
I've seen some of the ones he trains and it's working! And I doubt you doing glute moves in a gym would even be in my top 1,000 weird things I have seen in the gym over the years lol
Lol right on! I’ve seen some weird **** over the past 2 decades haha

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

spongebob00

Awards
How are you guys liking High Evolutionary? After the holiday I’m going to be on a weird schedule, I’ll be having to mix some quick high intensity stuff into my usual longer, high volume workouts- trying to get a feel on if i should wing it or follow this for some structure.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
How are you guys liking High Evolutionary? After the holiday I’m going to be on a weird schedule, I’ll be having to mix some quick high intensity stuff into my usual longer, high volume workouts- trying to get a feel on if i should wing it or follow this for some structure.
I just finished 6 weeks. VERY much enjoyed it
If you like Project Colossus and where you focus on high intensity, beating the logbook, and moderate volume you will have a blast. It is really mentally challenging as you are structured with simple movements and he builds on them week in and week out with reps and volume.

I am going to run it for another 6 weeks and see if i can beat all my numbers after the first 6 weeks of running it.

spongebob00

Awards
I just finished 6 weeks. VERY much enjoyed it
If you like Project Colossus and where you focus on high intensity, beating the logbook, and moderate volume you will have a blast. It is really mentally challenging as you are structured with simple movements and he builds on them week in and week out with reps and volume.

I am going to run it for another 6 weeks and see if i can beat all my numbers after the first 6 weeks of running it.
Awesome just the reply I was looking for- thanks a lot for taking the time!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Prince IronMag Labs 1
Doss Pro Bodybuilding 2
Anabolics 11
Afi140 Supplements 25
Training Forum 8