John Meadows 2.0 programs

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I dunno, I can’t pin point it exactly

Just after doing creeping death every workout felt good, it killed me some days but I’d be back at it, pumps were great etc

PC i just think meh ok done next one

I don’t feel like I’ve had one great workout while doing it

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I dunno, I can’t pin point it exactly

Just after doing creeping death every workout felt good, it killed me some days but I’d be back at it, pumps were great etc

PC i just think meh ok done next one

I don’t feel like I’ve had one great workout while doing it
What you may need to do is adjust your intensity in the gym. IF PC is just Meh you are not pushing the proper RPE or intensity to make it that difficult. There is a lot of volume similar to CD and Gamma Bomb with the Push/Pull/Legs setup, but a program is simply that a program. Anyone can go through any of them if you are truly going all out there are some movements in there that are devasating. Hell there is the bulgardian drop set of death in week 1 and week 3. that alone should almost put you in a graveyard if you are pushing the envelope.

Good thing he creates, diversifies, and has a lot of different programs to find the one that suits you. I know that I have ran some in the past at submax intensity until I got a proper push with my iso-holds, drop sets etc, and found how hard these truly are when ran properly. Now that I have a person or two to help me push out those extra reps and fulfill how the program is outlined to a T it makes a DRASTIC difference

TinyGiant

Awards
What you may need to do is adjust your intensity in the gym. IF PC is just Meh you are not pushing the proper RPE or intensity to make it that difficult. There is a lot of volume similar to CD and Gamma Bomb with the Push/Pull/Legs setup, but a program is simply that a program. Anyone can go through any of them if you are truly going all out there are some movements in there that are devasating. Hell there is the bulgardian drop set of death in week 1 and week 3. that alone should almost put you in a graveyard if you are pushing the envelope.

Good thing he creates, diversifies, and has a lot of different programs to find the one that suits you. I know that I have ran some in the past at submax intensity until I got a proper push with my iso-holds, drop sets etc, and found how hard these truly are when ran properly. Now that I have a person or two to help me push out those extra reps and fulfill how the program is outlined to a T it makes a DRASTIC difference
I was about to mention intensity as well.

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
To be honest week2 legs last night on PC was great

I was seeing colours after the cluster set on hack squats

Hooper

Awards
After doing task master, gama bomb, and CD2 last year PC is a huge change. I not in the gym near as long but man it's tough. All the RPE of 10 sets wears me out. I like it.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
After doing task master, gama bomb, and CD2 last year PC is a huge change. I not in the gym near as long but man it's tough. All the RPE of 10 sets wears me out. I like it.
This is what i am looking forward to. I can’t wait to start it sometime in early april

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Do you not usually see colors?
Hahaha yes

But you know when just done a heavy set and then you as gasping for breath and you need to sit down and have 5 because you don’t know what day of the week it is

Yeah seeing colours

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Bulgarian drop set of death almost made me
- throw up
- see stars
- pump take over my mental fortitude

PC is absolutely brutal, after 3 weeks I am really enjoying this program. If I did not rumble roll/stretch as much as I did I would feel like a brick.

TinyGiant

Awards
Bulgarian drop set of death almost made me
- throw up
- see stars
- pump take over my mental fortitude

PC is absolutely brutal, after 3 weeks I am really enjoying this program. If I did not rumble roll/stretch as much as I did I would feel like a brick.
Damn. Nice man.

I shall be that vascular one day . My diet and self perception of my size while I attempt to diet is my kryptonite.

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just got done week 3 PC pull

Pump city

The 3 sets x15 barbell curls with 3 sec descent was a killer

Arms were full of blood and ready to pop

Yesterday’s leg pump workout was good too bit sore on the glutes and calves today to say the least

Hooper

Awards
I'm on same day of PC you are. Biceps are pumped and my hips feel funny from leg day haha.

elo76

elo76

Awards
  • Established
Hmmmm...I dont do it often but I will probably leave the roller in the closet now. Interesting read.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
This is maybe a bit off topic, but just saw the article so was wondering what your thought are on his opinion on foam rolling.

https://anabolicminds.com/articles/foam-rolling-gone-wrong-38848/
Just like anyone and anything you read everyone has their own point of view.
I feel 100x better, looser, and recovery much faster when I rumble roll. Not to mention I sleep better which is another major plus. John is a huge advocate of stretching and using forms of ART to help with his programs and how intense driven they are.

Do a little experiment. Run a program like John's for 8 weeks and don't rumble roll or foam roll
Then run the same program for 8 weeks and include it

Let me know how you feel and your thoughts are and form your own conclusion

TinyGiant

Awards
I went and took a little seminar on pressure point release techniques and she went over foam rolling. I think the biggest issue with foam rolling is people not doing it properly. She stated you need to foam roll in certain directions only based on the muscle you are doing it on. Every time I see someone at the gym they are using their entire body weight and just ferociously sliding up and down the roller which isn’t correct from what I’ve been taught. Otherwise it’s supposed to be a good tool or at least that’s what I believe.

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The only rolling I do after johns programs is into bed because I’m
Done

m1k3_d0z4

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just like anyone and anything you read everyone has their own point of view.
I feel 100x better, looser, and recovery much faster when I rumble roll. Not to mention I sleep better which is another major plus. John is a huge advocate of stretching and using forms of ART to help with his programs and how intense driven they are.

Do a little experiment. Run a program like John's for 8 weeks and don't rumble roll or foam roll
Then run the same program for 8 weeks and include it

Let me know how you feel and your thoughts are and form your own conclusion
100% this!

I take what I read with a grain of salt. Ultimately, it’s all about what works best for you and allows you to perform your best. I’ve read studies saying not to foam roll before lifting, but I always do. For me, I feel more warmed up and establish a much better mind-muscle connection. I’ve also done the opposite and not foam rolled before and my body hurts more, I recover slower and I feel more clunky.

It’s all about finding your own thing and sticking with it.

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Push last night on PC

Chest was nice and full

Had to use a barbell instead of dumbbells for decline presses

Unluckily the gym has a decline bench, felt really good to go pretty heavy last night

But then shoulders... 2x40 on rear delts...

It burnt so bad

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Push last night on PC

Chest was nice and full

Had to use a barbell instead of dumbbells for decline presses

Unluckily the gym has a decline bench, felt really good to go pretty heavy last night

But then shoulders... 2x40 on rear delts...

It burnt so bad
I was reading through the program last night. How you feel about the reduction in working sets? Or does it equal out to about the same with all the warm ups? Seems like less working sets per exercise but more exercises, so it seems like a lot of warms up and a lot of volume overall anyways lol

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I was reading through the program last night. How you feel about the reduction in working sets? Or does it equal out to about the same with all the warm ups? Seems like less working sets per exercise but more exercises, so it seems like a lot of warms up and a lot of volume overall anyways lol
I know what you mean, sometimes I have to read it twice when it’s like

Warm up x15-20
Then sets of 12
Then feeder sets 4

Then two works sets of 8

Usually I’ll just make sure I’m nice and ready and cut the feeders but I’ll also start putting the heavy weight on ready for the heavy 8

Did legs last night and the cluster set of leg extensions right after squats nearly made my quads explode

Then it was followed by the Bulgarian drop set

Always a treat that one

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I know what you mean, sometimes I have to read it twice when it’s like

Warm up x15-20
Then sets of 12
Then feeder sets 4

Then two works sets of 8

Usually I’ll just make sure I’m nice and ready and cut the feeders but I’ll also start putting the heavy weight on ready for the heavy 8

Did legs last night and the cluster set of leg extensions right after squats nearly made my quads explode

Then it was followed by the Bulgarian drop set

Always a treat that one
The Bulgarians are an f’n nightmare. The last time I did them I was able to basically do it with no break and by the second isohold I was ready to puke lol

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Lower Volume + Higher Intensity = Mental Gut Check
This program can be easy (if you don't train to correct RPE)
or it can be an absolute nightmare of hell if you truly push to failure

Most people do not or know what true failure is and therefore will take things a lot lighter. And with a reduction of volume and subpar intensity = easy program. That is why some people may knock it

IMO

Scrutiny

Awards
Looking at reviews in the Mountain Dog private members group on FB, heaps are liking the PC program.

As had been said in this thread - Intensity is the key and like any program if you aren't doing it properly then you will be missing out - whether low or high volume.

The thing I like about this program is the frequency is good, so you literally blast your muscles with the HIGH intensity work then re-visit them a few days later again - this is where a lot of low volume programs have failed in the past is because they've used LOW frequency of each muscle group, in my opinion.

Also look at John's video's on Youtube of Low Volume workouts, every workout himself and whoever else he is training with is absolutely gassed at the end of it because of their intensity - RPE's of 10-13 as written in the program.

With all the drop-sets in there, you can easily count one exercise as having 4 or so total working sets anyway so there is still a fair bit of volume all up.

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’m loving the pump days on this one

Although I loved the pump days on creeping death too

Open question;
Johns a massive advocate of Intra workout nutrition

What’s everyone’s Intra look like?

I’m trying to get my training partner to look more into Intra

Just something as simple as pepto/HBCD combo then to just add more/less carbs on for the given day

I’m nearly out of sizeon which has worked really well for me while doing MD programs

Before that I had intracell

Hooper

Awards
I use John's Granite supplements keto factor and add a half scoop of Gatorade. It's a recipe he had on a video or on a workout. After I got in the groove taking it and finding the right amount of Gatorade my recovery is great. I rarely get sore, just keep a pumped feeling. I have tried other essential aminos but I keep going back to the keto factor.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Reading this through me down a rabbit hole of his YouTube channel. I don’t have the funds for programs at the moment but I would imagine his would be worth it.

Super late but I hate when I see complaints about buying things like people’s knowledge like earlier in the thread.

I like size on a lot, just can’t always fork out for it. Love the product though.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lower Volume + Higher Intensity = Mental Gut Check
This program can be easy (if you don't train to correct RPE)
or it can be an absolute nightmare of hell if you truly push to failure

Most people do not or know what true failure is and therefore will take things a lot lighter. And with a reduction of volume and subpar intensity = easy program. That is why some people may knock it

IMO
My first impression of it was it would actually be harder. I find most of Johns programs have RPEs of around 8 on average, so even though it’s a lot of volume, the intensity isn’t always through the roof. This program to me is harder. I used to train dc and after all those gut wrenching workouts, with only 5 working sets for the entire workout my appreciation for intensity has changed. But in a way when I was reading through colossus it looked like a ton of warm ups, so it seemed like a lot of volume either way lol. I will find out for myself sooner than later. Will probably start in April.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’m loving the pump days on this one

Although I loved the pump days on creeping death too

Open question;
Johns a massive advocate of Intra workout nutrition

What’s everyone’s Intra look like?

I’m trying to get my training partner to look more into Intra

Just something as simple as pepto/HBCD combo then to just add more/less carbs on for the given day

I’m nearly out of sizeon which has worked really well for me while doing MD programs

Before that I had intracell

I usually do 10-15g of eaas and 5g of creatine in all my shakes. I have also used hydrolyzed whey as well. What I alter is the carbs in my shakes. I use karbolyn or hbcd. I do 25-40g for chest, shoulders and arms. And 40-60g for legs and back.

TinyGiant

Awards
What does everyone use for pump preworkout?

I’ve been using low sodium vegetable juice and tomato juice and it works great. But I didn’t realize tomatoes can **** your stomach up pretty bad.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

I’ve been using low sodium vegetable juice and tomato juice and it works great. But I didn’t realize tomatoes can **** your stomach up pretty bad.
Sparta Pump
PES High Volume
Build Fast Formula VasoBlitz
Cellucor NO3 Chrome or Noxygen (if you want a cheap fix)
VMI Pump XR

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pull last night was so good

The smith row drop set had my back fired up

What’s everyone’s dumbbell pullover max weight?

You never see people doing them,
I’ve done them for years, I love them and think more should do them

But my heaviest yet was a 50kg dumbbell for like 4/5 reps

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established

Been loving the pullovers! Haven’t went maxed out heavy. Last workout was 90lbs for 12 reps

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I use John's Granite supplements keto factor and add a half scoop of Gatorade. It's a recipe he had on a video or on a workout. After I got in the groove taking it and finding the right amount of Gatorade my recovery is great. I rarely get sore, just keep a pumped feeling. I have tried other essential aminos but I keep going back to the keto factor.
I’m kind of confused here, why add carbs (Gatorade) to keto factor? Why not just use recovery factor or adimantium aminos and Gatorade?? Seems like a waste of money

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

I like 90 with no band, 65 with double red bands. Sometimes I can go heavier sometimes lighter.

Hooper

Awards
I have never used there recovery but have use the EAAs and Gatorade. The keto factor is changing and for a while now been able to get it on sale. The last 2 we're buy one get one free.

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It’s nice to meet fellow pull over lovers

wesb2387

wesb2387

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Love the banded pullovers! Been sticking with 60-70lb dbs and adjusting the band tension as the weeks go.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
For those doing DB Pullovers how is your rep tempo and range of motion?
Do you guys have videos?
you guys are pushing more weight then meadows himself and 95-100 DB is damn impressive if you are fulling stretching, pausing, and not using momentum on the movements.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you guys have videos?
you guys are pushing more weight then meadows himself and 95-100 DB is damn impressive if you are fulling stretching, pausing, and not using momentum on the movements.
I was thinking the same thing. Since doing more of these programs my weight went down on everything haha. I only to 60 lbs but stretch out the lats at the bottom for ~2sec.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

If you looking for pump you would want sodium

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That Bulgarian death set or whatever is freaking murder! Holy crap

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Any of you guys successfully get the rep range for the rear delt destroyer? I just tried today and failed miserably. Once I get to like 20 swings it starts getting hard to move the arms lol

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Any of you guys successfully get the rep range for the rear delt destroyer? I just tried today and failed miserably. Once I get to like 20 swings it starts getting hard to move the arms lol
It’s all about swinging as much as you can. Even he had said that at some point it’s basically just a twitch ha

I haven’t done them in forever but I used to all the time and man are they a mental battle

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Do you guys have videos?
Full body rock with about 1/4 range of motion. Lol

Jk

Well since I’m clearly not as strong as Mr Meadows you make a good point and maybe I should take a video to check it out.

Unless I found my gift and finally found the one thing I’m good at?? Who needs a big squat, bench or deadlift when you can be a power DB pullover lol

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Prince IronMag Labs 1
Doss Pro Bodybuilding 2
Anabolics 11
Afi140 Supplements 25
Training Forum 8