Jinxie’s Mid-life Reincarnation Workout 🪵

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, the 10 lbs weight loss def resulted in substantial strength loss. 365 lbs felt like 400 lbs today. The price of vanity — and not wanting to buy new pants, lol.

Hex Bar DL
Warmups
280x5
325x5
365x5

Lat Pulldowns
3x10

Seated Rows
3x8-10

Arm blaster Ez-curls
3x10
The price of buying new pants and shirts stings!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
you're not doing any cardio at all right?
What if you added in some controlled amount of surplus, like 200cals/day and 20-30minutes of LISS?

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
you're not doing any cardio at all right?
What if you added in some controlled amount of surplus, like 200cals/day and 20-30minutes of LISS?
Just 2x5 mile hikes per week.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Dialed my training max down on OHP and bench press bc of weight/strength loss, but increased it for DLs.

Seated OHP
Warmups
120x5
140x5
155x5 (was doing 9, ack)

Viking Press
3x10-12

DB Lateral Raises
2x8

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Here I am at 182 lbs (holding some water from eating carbs last night). Def lost size and strength, but I think a good portion of the strength will come back in the next month. I did lose the weight pretty fast. And I’m old, lol. My scale says I’m 24% body fat, but I think that is a way’s off. I’m guessing I’m around 18%. Any guesses?

IMG_2734.JPG

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
My scale says I’m 24% body fat, but I think that is a way’s off. I’m guessing I’m around 18%. Any guesses?

View attachment 215940
it's hard to say with you still wearing your shirt in this picture but I'd guess you're probably about right. one of the things about bf is that individuals carry it so differently. I don't get that V in the hips above 10%, I think that's due to my compressed/burst disk but I digress.

If you were at 24% then you'd have to drop to 161lbs to be at 12% and that makes zero sense to me... so yeah I think you're probably right. you might even be lower than 18%... who knows. if you're at 182 holding some water then who knows if that's throwing the scale off, maybe your walking around weight right now is 180?

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
it's hard to say with you still wearing your shirt in this picture but I'd guess you're probably about right. one of the things about bf is that individuals carry it so differently. I don't get that V in the hips above 10%, I think that's due to my compressed/burst disk but I digress.

If you were at 24% then you'd have to drop to 161lbs to be at 12% and that makes zero sense to me... so yeah I think you're probably right. you might even be lower than 18%... who knows. if you're at 182 holding some water then who knows if that's throwing the scale off, maybe your walking around weight right now is 180?
Thanks. It is 180 lbs but the scale still says 24%, even at 179 lbs. Even when I was pretty defined, weighing 173 lbs, it said I was 23%. It seems to move algorithmically with my weight, lol, which would make it a sham.

My shirt on, lol — you mean my hair suit?

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks. It is 180 lbs but the scale still says 24%, even at 179 lbs. Even when I was pretty defined, weighing 173 lbs, it said I was 23%. It seems to move algorithmically with my weight, lol, which would make it a sham.

My shirt on, lol — you mean my hair suit?
🤣

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Gonna experiment with introducing a second bench day. I’ll just be doing bench with a moderately narrow grip and nothing else for these sessions.

Angled Multi-grip Bar (medium grip)
50x5
115x5
155x5
190x5
210x4
225x4
225x2

I’m still feeling quite weak from the weight loss!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Eh, you’ve got to readjust your expectations for the new body. Them beat them.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If I had to put money on a number, I would say 20%. No more, and very possibly less.

But more than a number on paper, I’d say you’re looking in very solid shape overall. Like you can hike 5 miles, go exploring with the wife, look good & obviously muscular with your shirt off. I would say all the dietary focus has paid off!

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks a lot for the feedback guys, such a generous community!

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Angled Multi-grip Barbell Bench (wide)
Warmups
180x5
210x3
235x5
245x3
230x4
190x11

Just introduced a second bench session this last week, on Wednesday, so was a little sore still. But it didn’t seem to make much of a difference. I’ve basically lost about a rep off of 235 lbs bc of weight loss, not too bad.

Incline DB Press
70x8
60x8
50x8

Need to work on my endurance. I was pooped after my first set of these.

Tricep Rope Ext. s/s Pushdowns
3x10-12

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
HexBar DL
Warmups
285x1
330x1
370x6
330x5

Definitely harder to get off the ground after losing ~10 lbs. Reasonably satisfied with the 370 set. Could have gotten a couple more if I really went for it.

T-bar Rows
3x8-10

Hyperextensions
3x20-25

Ez Curls w/ Arm Blaster
3x8-10

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Seated Overhead Press
Warm-ups
130x3
150x3
165x3 (wanted 5 but nailed j-cup)
165x4

Lateral Raises
3x8

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That sucks. I hit a band peg on OHP recently and it really is a killer to the set

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I stubbed my toe on my son’s 2lb db in the living room last night and I couldn’t even be mad at him

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Close-grip Bench Press
Warmups
160x5
180x5
200x6
215x4
225x2

That’s all for mid-week sesh.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Lower back has been bothering me since Sunday, post deadlifts. Just increased my training max, so I’ll be flirting with 400 lbs this weekend, for first time in a while. Should be interesting with this new ache and post weight loss.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lower back has been bothering me since Sunday, post deadlifts. Just increased my training max, so I’ll be flirting with 400 lbs this weekend, for first time in a while. Should be interesting with this new ache and post weight loss.
Reverse hyper the pain away. Even if done from a kitchen counter.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How awkward that would look to someone who didn’t know what was going on

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Lol. I’ve got a nice, heavy Cybex adjustable bench that I can incline. Perfect! Thanks dude — you’re the man!

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Angled Multi-grip Bench (wide)
Warmups
195x5
220x3
245x4
230x5
210x8
190x11

This was a pretty good session. Doesn’t seem too far off from where I was before I dropped from 190 lbs to 180 lbs.

Tricep Extensions s/s Pushdowns
3x10-12

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Angled Multi-grip Bench (wide)
Warmups
195x5
220x3
245x4
230x5
210x8
190x11

This was a pretty good session. Doesn’t seem too far off from where I was before I dropped from 190 lbs to 180 lbs.

Tricep Extensions s/s Pushdowns
3x10-12
Bench bounced back fast. It always does! Good work.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Bench bounced back fast. It always does! Good work.
Thanks dude, including for all the inspo from your ridiculous lifts!

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
2nd sesh for the day, after a day in the sun watching a baseball game.

Hex Bar DL
Warmups
310x5
350x1
400x3
350x5

Could have gotten a couple more at 400 (my programming was for 390x1), but it was feeling pretty heavy compared to when I had some extra chunk on me.

T-bar Rows
3x8-12

Hyperextensions
3x25

Last edited:
BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Nice pulls mate!
Perceived effort is far greater during a recomp/cut! It takes mental fortitude to convince yourself to put up decent numbers!

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nice pulls mate!
Perceived effort is far greater during a recomp/cut! It takes mental fortitude to convince yourself to put up decent numbers!
Thanks Benny! You’re spot on as usual!

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Doubled up yesterday with pulls and bench/tris (the latter usually done on Saturdays) so today my shoulders suffered. Stopped after seated presses out of concern I may injure myself. Very sore and tight still. At least I got a little work done. Will supplement in next couple of days and then it’s a deload and I’m traveling for work next week.

Seated OHP
Warmups
140x5
155x3
175x3

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That’s a heavy overhead for having worked your tris already. Good call on calling it.

Traveling anywhere fun?

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That’s a heavy overhead for having worked your tris already. Good call on calling it.

Traveling anywhere fun?
Thanks man. Austin. Should be fun. It’s gonna be a boondoggle as these off-sites usually are for tech startups. Should be some really good meals, and I know we’re going bowling!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks man. Austin. Should be fun. It’s gonna be a boondoggle as these off-sites usually are for tech startups. Should be some really good meals, and I know we’re going bowling!
Remind me, did you say what you do?

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Texas bbq and Mexican food for the win

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Texas bbq and Mexican food for the win

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn, it’s too bad you’re headed to Austin right after I left there to go back to Houston.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Remind me, did you say what you do?
I was a career lawyer but now I’m in biz dev for a software company that makes a tool to collect in-product user feedback to improve their user experience (UX) and digital product. Basically, it’s a survey and concept testing tool.