Jinxie’s Mid-life Reincarnation Workout 🪵

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Finally lost a few pounds, down to 183 from 190. Goal is 178, while continuously getting stronger, so the hope goes. Been lifting purely for strength and may throw in some more volume as we head into the summer.

The aesthetics get more challenging when youre over 50 — and covered with hair, lol!

IMG_2679.JPG

Last edited:
akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Finally lost a few pounds, down to 183 from 190. Goal is 178, while continuously getting stronger, so the hope goes. Been lifting purely for strength and may throw in some more volume as we head into the summer.

The aesthetics get more challenging when youre over 50 — and covered with hair, lol!

View attachment 215269
Looking jacked Jinxie! Hell yeah

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Angled Multi-grip Bench Press
Warmups
200x5
225x3
250x2 (was shooting for 4, but hit j-cup and failed on 3, argh)
250x3
210x4 (medium grip)
210x4 (medium grip)

Really disappointed that I didn’t get 250x4. Felt ready for it. Time for a deload after not fully deloading last cycle.

Dips
2x15

Triceps Rope Pushdowns
3x12-15

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hex Bar DL
Warmups
290x5
330x3
365x6 RPE 7.5

Lat Pulldowns
3x8-12

Seated Rows
3x7-12

Facepulls
3x10-12

Hyperextensions
3x20-25

Deferring a little biceps work for during the week.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Look good man! My wife is actually getting her game plan finalized this week in terms of supps and programming as well, so we'll probably go dry for a period of time and see much better gains over the next few months.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Look good man! My wife is actually getting her game plan finalized this week in terms of supps and programming as well, so we'll probably go dry for a period of time and see much better gains over the next few months.
Thanks man. Sounds really good!

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Got these pairs of 50 and 70 lbs dumbbells today for $100 — I already had to 45 and then 60s.

IMG_2686.JPG

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Quickie Workout; will make the rest up over weekend.

Seated OHP
Warmups
145x5
165x3
185x2 (think I can get 3, but not at crack of dawn when fasted)

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It’s a strong press, fasted or not.

Why is equipment so much harder to come by here? You get all the good deals.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It’s a strong press, fasted or not.

Why is equipment so much harder to come by here? You get all the good deals.
Thanks boss!

Yeah, the pricing is ironic since I live in the one of the most expensive places in the country, the SF Bay Area. I just think we have a lot of flakes, who bought a lot of pandemic equipment but then abandoned it when they could return to the gym. Meanwhile, my empire grows!!! Now I just need to spend more time lifting it!!!

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Deloading

Weight: 181 lbs, lost 9 lbs, and I’m feeling it strength wise!

Warm-ups
2x185x5

Hex Bar DL
Warmups
250x5

Hammer Curls
3x6-10

Triceps Rope Ext. s/s Rope Pushdowns
3x10-12

Hyperextensions
3x25

I’m frickin’ pooped! Hope to return stronger next weekend! Need this break!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Deloading

Weight: 181 lbs, lost 9 lbs, and I’m feeling it strength wise!
we're going opposite directions lol. tipped in at 191 this morning but I'm sure it's a lot of water weight... I didn't gain 6 legit lbs over the weekend lol.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
we're going opposite directions lol. tipped in at 191 this morning but I'm sure it's a lot of water weight... I didn't gain 6 legit lbs over the weekend lol.
I blew my diet up yesterday and weight 3 pounds more today, lol. I’m sure 2 of it is water. That’s the problem with keto — you put on a lot of water when you cheat even a little.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I blew my diet up yesterday and weight 3 pounds more today, lol. I’m sure 2 of it is water. That’s the problem with keto — you put on a lot of water when you cheat even a little.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I blew my diet up yesterday and weigh 3 pounds more today, lol. I’m sure 2 of it is water. That’s the problem with keto — you put on a lot of water when you cheat even a little.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Deloading …

Seated OHP
Warmups

Lateral Raises
3x8-10

Feeling worn.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You will come back feeling stronger and better!!
This. At least you realize that a small step back will be way more beneficial in the long run.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Second squats workout in last 8+ months. Going gentle bc of injury.

Squats
45x10
95x5
115x5
140x5
165x5
185x5
205x5

Another pain free sesh. Hardest part is the immobility in my upper shoulders. I’m gonna resume my 5/3/1 programming where I left off for squats, but won’t be doing full AMRAP for probably another month.

Last edited:
Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Rear Squats
45x10
95x5
115x5
140x5
165x5
185x5
205x5

Another pain free sesh. Hardest part is the immobility in my upper shoulders. I’m gonna resume my 5/3/1 programming where I left off for squats, but won’t be doing full AMRAP for probably another month.
at What weight are you putting on the weightlifting belt? I used to wait until I passed 225-245 in warm up sets but lately I've been letting myself put it on as low as 185 (that number is moving up as my back reconditions). Last night I did use the weight belt for all 5/6 sets of bbb at only 135 mostly because the back isn't ready for that volume yet and I wanted my legs really focused...

in regards to your shoulders, have we talked about kettlebell armbars? probably cause I talk about them a lot. I really like them for shoulder health.

your rebuilding looks pretty intelligent. challenging, but letting things progress rather than forcing injury.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’m just going to say it: @jinxie, nobody calls them rear squats

Backsquats would be the definitive nomenclature, but honestly if you say ‘Squats’ nobody who has ever lifted a weight would need clarification.

That out of my system, I am glad to see you doing them again! Don’t worry about what you were lifting previously; focus on what feels safe today - stay healthy & you’ll exceed the old weights before you know it.

Regarding belts: they are allowed in most federations of EVERY type of competitive lifting there is, which says a lot. It’s a tool & safety device, so use it whenever it makes sense. You don’t get points for however long you last without one before your get injured.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I’m just going to say it: @jinxie, nobody calls them rear squats

Backsquats would be the definitive nomenclature, but honestly if you say ‘Squats’ nobody who has ever lifted a weight would need clarification.

That out of my system, I am glad to see you doing them again! Don’t worry about what you were lifting previously; focus on what feels safe today - stay healthy & you’ll exceed the old weights before you know it.

Regarding belts: they are allowed in most federations of EVERY type of competitive lifting there is, which says a lot. It’s a tool & safety device, so use it whenever it makes sense. You don’t get points for however long you last without one before your get injured.
Thanks for the correction, lol. Meant back squats, but I hear you on that being redundant. I just call them squats usually, except on the board here.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

Squats
45x10
95x5
115x5
140x5
165x5
185x5
205x5

My grip on squats in pretty narrow, pinky on ring, and have to stretch the shoulders out before I begin and even then take be around 3 sets until I can get my grip in were I like it.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nothing feels better than a great rear squat

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
at What weight are you putting on the weightlifting belt? I used to wait until I passed 225-245 in warm up sets but lately I've been letting myself put it on as low as 185 (that number is moving up as my back reconditions). Last night I did use the weight belt for all 5/6 sets of bbb at only 135 mostly because the back isn't ready for that volume yet and I wanted my legs really focused...

in regards to your shoulders, have we talked about kettlebell armbars? probably cause I talk about them a lot. I really like them for shoulder health.

your rebuilding looks pretty intelligent. challenging, but letting things progress rather than forcing injury.
I wear the belt starting at around 350lbs for DLing and not sure exactly with squats, but probably around 275 lbs, bc I am not strong leg wise right now.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
180 lbs weight goal reached this morning. Took longer than I expected, but hopefully that means it will stick. Will lose a few more before easing on diet bc I’m sure to gain a quick few back since I’m on a keto diet. Definitely feeling weaker coming out of this deload.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You normally hover around 200 ya?
Actually, my normal weight for the last 6-8 months has been ~185 and I got up to 190 when I started dieting. I’m only a 5’8” meso.

I’m enduring a dying pet, who I treasure, so it’s been easy to cut back on eating. Weighed just 179.4 after my morning constitutional, lol.

I think I’m gonna be pressed this week to hit my numbers on bench and OHP.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh man, I’m so sorry. No words.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Oh man, I’m so sorry. No words.
Thanks man, really appreciate the kind sentiments. It’s been tough for sure, like losing a best friend.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well, today I got to assess impact of 10 lbs weight loss on strength and it wasn’t pretty. Lost 10-15 lbs off my bench, dammit. Think I am going to incorporate a mid-week CGBP in to see if 2x per week benching helps.

Warmups
180x5
205x5
235x4 (failed, but close, on 5th, wanted 6)
235x3
230x3

Will need to dial back my training max or start over; I’m on cycle 13.

Incline DB Press
50x8
60x8
70x8

Skullcrushers
3x8-10

Tricep Pushdowns
3x10-15

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It’s a vicious cycle. It’ll bounce back though man don’t stress it.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well, the 10 lbs weight loss def resulted in substantial strength loss. 365 lbs felt like 400 lbs today. The price of vanity — and not wanting to buy new pants, lol.

Hex Bar DL
Warmups
280x5
325x5
365x5

Lat Pulldowns
3x10

Seated Rows
3x8-10

Arm blaster Ez-curls
3x10