Jim's Experience with CL White Flood Reborn (newest formula)

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Didn't plan on logging anything, but Sean needed a few more loggers and asked me if I'd run a log for him so here we are.

Have been sitting on the product for a little too long, but better late than never.

A little background for those that don't follow me on here:

Army veteran (airborne), herniated a disc a few years ago and had a pretty bad flare up back in 2014 during a strongman contest. Kept training afterwards but with no real direction, started getting back into powerlifting and did a meet back in March (totaled 1150 at 183 or something like that). Training for another meet in October out in Austin. Last meet numbers were 197.5/125/197.5 (435/275/435), failed a 473# deadlift at lockout when it fell out of my hand. I also haven't used a stimulant in a preworkout fashion since the meet prep in March, and don't typically use stimulant preworkouts.

I've been using WFR for about 1.5 weeks now, had planned to get this posted up earlier but had some long, long nights at work this past week.

Some things I've noticed (1 scoop preworkout), decent pick me up, above average pump (I don't usually notice much here, because I don't really chase it and pay attention to it), increased endurance, and a terrible, terrible aftertaste (fruit punch).

As for flavor, I'm finishing a fruit punch but will be logging the RL whenever I run out of FP (maybe 1 week?). I'm not a fruit punch fan, so some others may like this flavor, but I don't at all. It mixes fairly well (cup and spoon) and smells like it would taste good, but it is a lie. It tastes pretty good (similar to Hawaiian punch) if you just take a sip, but drinking a whole scoop leaves a pretty bad taste in your mouth for quite some time afterwards.

I don't notice a huge pick me up, although I don't typically need one. There is definitely an energy boost, and I can tell when it wears off a few hours later (while at work usually).

Couple highlights from the last week and a half of training with it (just started an intensification wave last week as well):

430# deadlift on Saturday (5# under comp best, and it was smooooth)
168kg SSB Oly Squat Monday (beltless, may be a PR for Olympic stance)
115kg Swiss Bar Bench Tuesday (also may be a PR, that bar is hard af for me)

Did some DE work today, with just 1 scoop preworkout again. Pace was fairly relaxed compared to usual, but I'm off on Friday's and can afford to take some extra rest during the assistance work.

Swiss Bench (against orange band): 62.5kg x 3 x 9 (137.5#)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGNglKZsv-t/

Hammer Grip Chins: BW x 8 x 3, BW x 10

a1. Facepull: 40 x 20 x 2
a2. DB Row (strict): 55 x 20 x 2

Lateral Raise: 20 x 15 x 3

This was somewhere between an 65-80 minutes total, had to use the bathroom after taking white flood. Will try to pay closer attention to that and see if they are related, Alphamine usually sends me running to the toilet. Rotated the grip width each set on the dynamic work, everything moved well (as 55% should).

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for logging, brother. I value your thoughts.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also, just a note but I am incredibly harsh with flavor reviews.

I can probably count the number of supplements I thought were well done on one hand.

So, the flavoring may very well be incredibly pleasant for people who actually like/tolerate the way supplements taste.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Im not a fruit punch fan as far as pwo go. Ive never had a fruit punch pre i liked. The raspberry lemonade was pretty darn good though

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Heads up this is just wf...

But I have ran wfr and loved it. Didn't think it possible, but this is better and improved. I'm loving it.
:thumbsup:

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh yea, N DIS BISH
image.jpeg

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Heads up this is just wf...

But I have ran wfr and loved it. Didn't think it possible, but this is better and improved. I'm loving it.
:thumbsup:
Yep, sure is.

Didn't notice the label, and just assumed it was just a new formulation of the wfr.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yep, sure is.

Didn't notice the label, and just assumed it was just a new formulation of the wfr.
No biggie. The Reborn name is done away.

How's it treatin ya? Let your wife try it?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, she's been using it every day.

She only uses .5 scoop but it seems to work for her just fine.

She also is not a huge fan of the flavor, although she did like it at first. She is also not generally fond of fruit punch anything.

Got a full update coming when I get to the computer after work.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
OK, so wanted to update this log via the computer so I could go into a little bit more detail with what I noticed during/after use.

Today for me was Maximal Effort (ME) Lower, which at this point is weak stance squatting.

Used the cambered bar today, for a max single.

Took 1 scoop right before heading into the gym, mixed with a tall glass of water and spoon (chopstick, actually). Again, no issues really with mixing. There always seems to be a minute amount of powder left at the bottom of the glass, but I don't fret over **** like that.

No more than 10 minutes after taking the scoop, I had to run to the bathroom. I'll keep an eye on this and see if it happens every time I use it, my wife also said she has noticed that it seems to make her cramp? Although, she has also said that working hard in the gym itself makes her cramp and today was definitely a hard work kind of day.

Anyway, after taking the browns to the superbowl, I was ready to get started.

Cambered Bar Oly Squat: 15kg x 10, 65kg x 6, 105kg x 3, 135kg x 1, 145kg x 1, 155kg x 1, 165kg x 1, 167.5kg x 1 (368#)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGVXa5CMv1x/

Drop 15%: 142.5kg x 5, 4

Belt Squat: 180 x 12 x 2

a1. Rev. Hyper: 150 x 20 x 2
a2. Hanging Knee Raise: BW x 12 x 2

Was a rough session today. A lot of sweat, and got it all in under 70 minutes or so. Was hoping for 6's with the load drop, but they just weren't there today. Energy was good, but strength just didn't seem to be there after the top set. 90% sure the top set was a PR as well. The belt squats were much harder to finish this week after the squats than they were last week. It was also hotter today than last Monday, so it's likely that had something to do with it.

Can't say much else really, pump seemed pretty good. And I felt my hamstring/glute working hard on the last rep of the second load drop set on squats.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Any large dose of caffeine can trigger a dump for me if I haven't had any in a while, fwiw to you (I know you don't normally use any).

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yea, doesn't happen to me anymore. Used to.
Still have to pee though. But that's normal for taking a diuretic

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bro I drink coffee so I can get out of bed to drink coffee to study lately
Sounds healthy.

Didn't have any issues today, FWIW. Will post the update when I get off work tonight.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds healthy.

Didn't have any issues today, FWIW. Will post the update when I get off work tonight.
If I don't back off pretty soon I'm gonna be drinking White Flood so I can mix up my White Flood time to back it off.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Took the scoop today at ~1450, started training at ~1510 or so. Just long enough for the caffeine to kick, and to find out if I would have to run to the bathroom again today. As mentioned earlier, did not have that "issue" today.

Training went well today, went well above where I thought I'd be on the incline work. Haven't done heavy singles on incline in longer than I can remember, but this was a day where the weights just kept moving. I wasn't really expecting anything heavier than 95kg, but it kept going up so I did too.

ME Upper

Low Incline Axle Bench: 15kg x 10, 55kg x 6, 75kg x 3, 80kg x 1, 85kg x 1, 90kg x 1, 95kg x 1, 97.5kg x 1, 100kg (220#) x 1 (PR)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGXkIvcMv5a/

Drop 15%: 85kg x 6, 4

CG Axle Inc. Bench: 65kg x 10 x 3

a1. Dips: BW x 10 x 2
a2. Lateral Raise: 20 x 12 x 2

Nothing crazy outside of that, pump was good today with all of the work after the singles. Kept a good pace, even with the heavy stuff. 65 minutes today.

Taste wasn't as bad today; I think I mentioned it already but it really is only the aftertaste that is unpleasant and it didn't seem to be as strong today as it has been previously.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Couple of days worth of updates coming in hot:

Wednesday : Back Accessory work

I took one scoop about 10 minutes before the workout, this session was a quick extra session that I like to do 1-2x a week. Hit some extra volume for the back, and stay active after the harder workouts to help with recovery. Got it done in 35 minutes before heading to work.

Energy was good, pump was better than usual. Forearms were seriously pumped, which was painful.

Seems like it wears off kind of quickly, usually about an hour or maybe two after the workout I am just dog tired. This is fairly unusual for me, with any preworkout, but it's been noticeable for me at work when it wears off.

Axle Pendlay Row: 55kg x 8, 65kg x 8, 70kg x 8, 75kg x 8

Swiss Bar Seated Cable Row: 100 x 12, 110 x 12, 120 x 12

a1. DB Shrugs (pause at top/bottom): 60x 15 x 2, 70 x 15 x 2
a2. Rear Delt Pullapart: Red Band x 25 x 4

Then Thursday, DE Lower

Hi Bar Squat (Oly Shoes): 67.5kg (+red band) x 2 x 10

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGc1tNhMv0_/

Conventional DL: 135kg x 1 x 8

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGc12cDMv1T/

GHR: BW x 12, BW x 10

1 scoop before this one as well, didn't have a lot of time on Thursday because I had to deal with some stuff for the school before going to work. Ended up getting this one done in about 40 minutes before having to leave for work. Would have had about 10 more minutes to get some extra volume for the posterior chain in, but had to run to the bathroom within 10 minutes of taking the preworkout on Thursday (first time this week, IIRC). Oh well, was still a good workout and the weights were moving fast.

And today, DE Bench

Swiss Bar Bench: 65kg (+orange band) x 3 x 9 (3 sets at each handle, ending with the strongest grip)
Seated DB OHP (w/Back): 45 x 10, 55 x 10, 60 x 10

Hammer Grip Chins: BW x 8 x 3, BW x 6

a1. Lat Pulldown (Wide/OH): 120 x 10, 110 x 10, 100 x 12
a2. Band Facepull: Green x 25 x 3

Good workout today, again just a single scoop immediately before training. No GI discomfort today, and the workout was done in 55 minutes. Weights were moving fast again today, and the assistance was hard.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed!
You said it wears off quickly, that could be a good thing for the "late-after-work-training-dudes", like myself.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you feelin a crash? Or is just wearing off? My stim sensitivity is all over the road lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I just plan on being tired after training so I guess I don't notice when my pre wears off tbh. And I train for a long time typically.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you feelin a crash? Or is just wearing off? My stim sensitivity is all over the road lol
I'm not sure, really. It's a pretty severe onset of fatigue that could be the result of a crash from the stims, but I'm also doing intensification work which is generally more fatiguing so it may be that it's just the training catching up to me once the pre wears off.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Had planned some strongman stuff today, but didn't feel like getting out of bed early enough to make a run all the way out to Conroe to train.

Just did my usual Arm/Chest work.

EZ Bar Curl: 45 x 10, 55 x 10, 65 x 10, 75 x 10

a1. V-Bar Pushdown: 70 x 12, 60 x 15 x 2, 60 x 12
a2. Hammer Curl: 20 x 20 x 3

Stretcher Push-ups: BW x 20, BW x 15

Another quick, 30 minute session for accessory volume. Took 3/4 scoop RL today, mixed with the same amount of water that I typically use a full scoop in. Flavor for RL is much more pleasant that Fruit Punch, will try to narrow down some finer points after a few more uses. Pump/Vascularity was fantastic during this arm work.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cambered Oly Squat: 15kg x 10, 65kg x 5, 95kg x 3, 115kg x 1, 145kg x 1, 165kg x 1, 170kg x 1

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGnaYaKMvzL/

Drop: 144kg x 6

18" DL (suspended TPB. ). : 170kg x 1, 190kg x F

a1. Hyperextension: BW x 20
a2. HLR: BW x 15

18" deadlift is going to be a bad event for me. That is not a movement that feels very good at all, 190kg did not move and it felt like something bad was about to happen so I shut it down.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Took a full scoop today of the RL in the glass of water. Flavor is much better, no really bad aftertaste and it's a lot smoother to drink.

Started warming up for squat and then had to run to the bathroom, which is a bit inconvenient because I didn't have a lot of time today.

No crash this far either, so I'm not sure if that was what i was experiencing.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The fatigue also has to do with the fact it is hot and humid as hell the past week. Working out outside in that sucks the life out of you. Add to that you work in a warehouse... I have been sucking wind and being worn out after most garage workouts lately. Oh yeah... SUBBED!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man today was so much more humid and it sucks the life out of you. Yesterday was 93 out (so a bit hotter in the gym) and today was only 88 but WAY more humid and training today everyone was dragging. Then of course it rained AFTER training was complete lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man today was so much more humid and it sucks the life out of you. Yesterday was 93 out (so a bit hotter in the gym) and today was only 88 but WAY more humid and training today everyone was dragging. Then of course it rained AFTER training was complete lol
Humidity is the killer for sure!

Oh that would be the perfect ending to a hot grueling workout. I would have walked right out into it and just let it rain on me for a bit.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The fatigue also has to do with the fact it is hot and humid as hell the past week. Working out outside in that sucks the life out of you. Add to that you work in a warehouse... I have been sucking wind and being worn out after most garage workouts lately. Oh yeah... SUBBED!
Good to have you!

Hadn't thought about that, I guess we'll find out in an hour or two because it was hot as **** today.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ME Upper

Low Inc. Axle Bench: 15kg x 15, 45kg x 10, 65kg x 5, 85kg x 2, 95kg x 1, 102.5kg x 1 (225.5# PR) 87.5kg x 5 x 2

CG Axle Flat Bench: 65kg x 10, 85kg x 10 x 2, 85kg x 6

a1. Dips: BW x 10, BW x 8
a2. Lateral Raise: 20 x 15 x 2

Just under 60 minutes today. Hot as hell in the shed today.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also, I think kleen was right because I am dog tired today. Even with that fan it was hot in that shed today.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Also, I think kleen was right because I am dog tired today. Even with that fan it was hot in that shed today.
It melts you down. I am beat from my workout too. Squats had me ringing my shirt out after.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Had to take a legit 15-20 min fan break today (heat index 100) after incline press and pull-ups before I could shake the "I'mfinnapuke" vibe and get on w dips and tbar. But that rest was worth it; let me kind of reset and finish strong.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Quick 30 minute assistance day.

OH Axle Yates Row: 15kg x 10, 55kg x 8, 75kg x 8, 75kg x 6

a1. Strict DB Row: 65 x 12, 75 x 12
a2. DB Shrugs: 65 x 12 x 2

a1. Rear Delt Pull apart: Red x 30 x 2
a2. Rollouts (unassisted): BW x 8 x 2

Ouch. Hands didn't want to play anymore with those axle rows, and my abs were cramping after the last set of rollouts. I usually have my wife hold my feet for rollouts, but I told her not to because I need a stronger midsection.

3/4 scoop before this one, and it had me in the bathroom again probably 15 minutes after taking it. Pretty sure it's the caffeine, but it is a little annoying.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Had to take a legit 15-20 min fan break today (heat index 100) after incline press and pull-ups before I could shake the "I'mfinnapuke" vibe and get on w dips and tbar. But that rest was worth it; let me kind of reset and finish strong.
Yeah, I think it was something like 105 heat index yesterday and around 100 today.

It got hot fast.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I think it was something like 105 heat index yesterday and around 100 today.

It got hot fast.
No doubt, it has been brutal the last week... on top of that with all of the rain, a mosquito almost flew off with my 350Z!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Late night dynamic bench last night, 1 scoop just about 30 minutes prior to training.

Even late at night it was still unbearably hot lol.

Swiss Bar Bench (against orange): 67.5kg x 3 x 9 (3 sets at each handle)

1 Arm DB OHP: 55 x 8 x 3

a1. Chinning Triangle Pulldown: 110 x 12, 120 x 12 ,130 x 10
a2. Band Facepull: Red x 30 x 3

And today I went out to the Metroflex Conroe to train some events and sign up for the contest.

1/2 scoop right before warming up on the log.

Log Clean + Press: 110 x 1 x 2, 130 x 1, 150 x 1, 170 x 1, 190 x 1

https://www.instagram.com/p/BG0AeqaMv3V/

Farmers DL + Hold: 140 x 1 (15 sec hold), 190 x 1 (10 sec hold), 230 x 1 (max hold, 17 sec)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BG0A0EWMv4L/

a1. Machine Preacher Curl: 60 x 12 x 2
a2. Tri Pushdown (Rope): 100 x 15 x 2

Decline Situp: BW x 10 x 2

Hot as hell at metro lol, apparently there is no getting away from this heat. Got some video coming too, will update this post with them in a bit.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ME Lower

SSB DL stance Box Squat (against monster minis): 28kg x 5, 78kg x 1, 118kg x 1, 138kg x 1, 158kg x 1, 168kg x 1, 178kg x 1 (391#)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BG5DUcyMv0u/

Comp Stance SSB Squat: 128kg x 6, 133kg x 6

Belt Squat (flat shoe): 160 x 20 x 2

a1. Rollout (unassisted): BW x 6, BW x 5 negatives
a2. Back Extension: BW x 25 x 2

Ouch. Didn't have any core strength left after the first set of rollouts, so I hit some negatives. High rep belt squats are miserable.

Haven't wide stance squatted in quite some time, it's a lot harder than I remember.

1 scoop right before warming up. No GI issues today, and the workout was good. A lot of hard work fit into an hour today in the blistering heat.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice work Jim!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
CG Bench: 20kg x 15, 60kg x 8, 80kg x 5, 90kg x 2, 100kg x 1, 110kg x 1, 115kg x 1, 117.5kg x 1, 100kg x 5 (back cramp), 100kg x 7

DB Floor Press: 65 x 10 x 2

a1. DB Bench: 40 x 15, 45 x 15
a2. Front Raise: 15 x 15 x 2

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice job homie. Glad the caff didn't bug your gut today - I hate deucing in a hot gym, especially pre-training. The only thing that smells worse than crap is steaming hot crap

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I hope he doesn't deuce in that one. It is a shed with no restroom. If he does I am not going back out there to train. :)