Jim's Experience with CL White Flood Reborn (newest formula)

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hope he doesn't deuce in that one. It is a shed with no restroom. If he does I am not going back out there to train. :)
Lol!

We're actually considering moving the gym into the living room to get a little more space and some A/C.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Not a bad idea. I wish mine was inside.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I say go for it if she is down. Might as well have it as convenient as possible to you all. I won't complain if we work out in the AC. :)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I wish I could have a gym in my living room :(
My Den / Living room is huge and would make for such an awesome home gym! Has 12 foot ceilings and is like 26x22 foot. Would be so perfect. Just make everyone sit in the formal living room instead. HAHA! Pipe dreams!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My Den / Living room is huge and would make for such an awesome home gym! Has 12 foot ceilings and is like 26x22 foot. Would be so perfect. Just make everyone sit in the formal living room instead. HAHA! Pipe dreams!
Just get your wife to lift with you and it's a lot easier to talk her into it!

My room was only 15.5 x 14.5, but it's still a pretty significant space improvement and gives an actual area for DL.

1467070950112.jpg

1467070964437.jpg

1467070976178.jpg

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ME Lower

Still a little fatigued (who am I kidding, a lot fatigued lol) from moving all that equipment and matting yesterday. Was a long, long day but I think it will be worth it.

SSB Oly Squat: 28kg x 10, 78kg x 5, 128kg x 2, 148kg x 1, +belt 158kg x 1, 160.5kg x 1

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHL0oJ2B2Wy/

Belt Squat: 180 x 15 x 2

a1. Hyper: BW x 15 x 3
a2. Max Tension Plank: BW x Fail x 3

Wasn't able to work as heavy as usual, but I expected that with all of the moving yesterday.

The extra space is a huge plus with this arrangement so far.

And yea, the AC helps too.

1 full scoop had me locked in today. No GI distress either. Was a pretty good session, I opted to skip the back down sets because of how beat I was from moving all that equipment.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome stuff man the gym is a definite upgrade brother! I may try and come out the weekend after next if my shoulder is doing better. I know coach was wanting me to do some maxes in the next couple of weeks to get starting points for my training. Hit me up with that guys contact info that built your equipment. Does he have a website?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome stuff man the gym is a definite upgrade brother! I may try and come out the weekend after next if my shoulder is doing better. I know coach was wanting me to do some maxes in the next couple of weeks to get starting points for my training. Hit me up with that guys contact info that built your equipment. Does he have a website?
Sure, just let me know when and we can make it happen.

His website is : http://www.edgefitnesssystems.com

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ME Upper

RC pull apart: red x 20 x 3

CG Bench (TPB. ) 20kg x 10, 60kg x 5, 80kg x 3, 100kg x 1, 110kg x 1, 115kg x 1, 120kg x 1 (PR), 125kg x F

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHNyVC-hHBP/

(-arch, +pause) 96kg x 6 x 2

a1. DB Incline BP : 50 x 10, 60 x 10, 65 x 10
a2. Lateral Raise: 20 x 15 x 2, 20 x 10

VBar Pushdown: 80 x 6, 80 x 5

Good day today.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
I took this today and busted a push up pr . Idk where the energy came from !!!

Good job on the log jim !!!!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Accessories

RC Pull apart: Red x 20

Cable Row: 80 x 12, 110 x 20 x 2

Pendlay Row (TPB. ): 80kg x 12, 11, 10

Rollout: BW x 6, 5

Rollouts suck.

1 full scoop today, probably overkill for an accessory day but I had to get up an hour earlier to run the wife to her eye doctor appt so I was tired going into it.

Wanted to hit some rear Delt work, but the cut off for these sessions is 30 minutes and time was running out.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
With those top 3 accessories you can be sure your rear delts got plenty of work. Also when it comes to that I find a great way to get them in is to do a set of 20-30 band pull aparts during rest periods of other exercises and make sure I get at least 100 reps during the workout. Rears respond really well to volume and lower weight. Plus hitting them even between dead lifts doesn't mess with your intra-set recovery.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Living room gym looks AWESOME, Jim. Bet the ac makes a nice difference over the rest of summer's training

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Living room gym looks AWESOME, Jim. Bet the ac makes a nice difference over the rest of summer's training
Having the AC is a huge benefit for sure.

DE Lower

RH: 180 x 20 x 2

Cambered Bar Oly Squat (against reds): 95kg x 2 x 10

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHTZsPhhbrV/

Con. DL: 130kg x 1 x 6

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHTZjhHhTD_/

GHR: BW x 10 x 3

RH: 180 x 20 x 2

With those top 3 accessories you can be sure your rear delts got plenty of work. Also when it comes to that I find a great way to get them in is to do a set of 20-30 band pull aparts during rest periods of other exercises and make sure I get at least 100 reps during the workout. Rears respond really well to volume and lower weight. Plus hitting them even between dead lifts doesn't mess with your intra-set recovery.
I'm planning to do some as part of my warm-up tomorrow with benching.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did my ME Lower today, because I have to be to work 4 hours early tomorrow because of the holiday weekend.

w1. Hyperextensions: BW x 20 x 2
w2. Standing Band Crunch: Black x 15 x 2
w3. Glute Bridge: BW x 20 x 2

Wide Stance SSB Squat w/ Converse: 28kg x 5, 78kg x 1, 118kg x 1, 148kg x 1, (+belt) 168kg x 1, (+wraps) 178kg x 1, 183kg x F

And hurt my back on that fail. Pretty sure my wife wrapped me way too tight for that set and it bent me over. Not even heavy either, something I should be able to do with naked knees.

GHD: 0

Belt Squat: 90 x 45 sec, 180 x 45 sec

RC Plank (max hold for 5 sec each rep) : BW x 10 x 3

RH: 50 x 20 x 3

Band hang.

Feeling pretty crappy right now, and my back is locked up hard. Will probably be pulling out of the Strongman show that is supposed to be the week after next.

Hoping it isn't too bad, because I still want to do this meet later this year.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Did my ME Lower today, because I have to be to work 4 hours early tomorrow because of the holiday weekend.

Wide Stance SSB Squat w/ Converse: 28kg x 5, 78kg x 1, 118kg x 1, 148kg x 1, (+belt) 168kg x 1, (+wraps) 178kg x 1, 183kg x F

And hurt my back on that fail. Pretty sure my wife wrapped me way too tight for that set and it bent me over. Not even heavy either, something I should be able to do with naked knees.

Band hang.

Feeling pretty crappy right now, and my back is locked up hard. Will probably be pulling out of the Strongman show that is supposed to be the week after next.

Hate to hear that you hurt yourself on that one. I had a bruised tendon from a tight wrap for like 6 weeks once!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Band hang.

Hate to hear that you hurt yourself on that one. I had a bruised tendon from a tight wrap for like 6 weeks once!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds lousy man; sorry to hear it. 402 is a pretty legit SSB weight; easy to get pushed over by that bar under a ME load. You know what to do. Take it easy and focus on things like the belt squat and bracing core work for now and stay heavy on anti-inflammatories like curcumin and you will be back in business before you know it. It sucks but you know I know the struggle.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds lousy man; sorry to hear it. 402 is a pretty legit SSB weight; easy to get pushed over by that bar under a ME load. You know what to do. Take it easy and focus on things like the belt squat and bracing core work for now and stay heavy on anti-inflammatories like curcumin and you will be back in business before you know it. It sucks but you know I know the struggle.
Yeah, just another day in the life....

I just hope I don't have to miss any work lol.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
****ing sucks, dude. Who knows, maybe it'll pass.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, just another day in the life....

I just hope I don't have to miss any work lol.
Yeah that honestly was always a big fear of mine; taking time from work because of my lifting. I had to a couple times as a mechanic when I absolutely jacked my shoulder before I learned better technique that I could barely move my arm.

Feel better and be smart.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah that honestly was always a big fear of mine; taking time from work because of my lifting. I had to a couple times as a mechanic when I absolutely jacked my shoulder before I learned better technique that I could barely move my arm.

Feel better and be smart.
Yeah, I'm going to talk to the super today and see how it feels.

Right now though, it feels like I'll be going to a doctor to get a doctor's note or something.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If nothing else, it at least feels like it isn't as bad as last time.

Will give it a few days before I put some traction on it with BW RH, hypers, and HLR.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ME Upper

w1. RD pull apart: Orange x 20 x 2
w2. Rope Pushdown: 30 x 20 x 2
w3. DB Row: 30 x 20 x 2 (very upright torso)

Feet Up Swiss Bar CG Bench: work to 90kg x 3

Lat Pulldown (OH, shoulder width grip): 80 x 45 second, 90 x 45 second

Hammer Curl: 30 x 12, 35 x 8

Face pull (T 3-2-3): green x 15 x 2

Didn't use any preworkout today, because I wasn't sure how much I would be able to do.

Not a bad day, overall. Likely could've gone heavier on the bench.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DE Bench

w1. Wide Grip Overhand Lat Pulldown: 50 x 20 x 2
w2. 1 arm overhead Tri Ext: 15 x 15 x 2
w3. Band Rear Delt-->Full Pull apart: Orange x 20 x 2

Feet Up Bench (comp grip, TPB. ): 37.5kg x 3 x 8 (against orange bands)

TRX Rows: BW x 15 x 2, BW x 12
Close Grip Push-ups (C 3-0-X): BW x 21, BW x 14
TRX Face pull: BW x 60sec x 2
Fat Bar Pushdown: 60 x F (19 reps)

Not bad at all. Heading out for food and some errands and then I'll do another quick rehab session tonight.

3/4 scoop before those was probably the perfect amount. Been walking quite a bit outside of work the last few days. Walking usually helps the back, but it's mostly because I've got to catch them all.....

1468019180292.jpg

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ME Bench

w1. Face pull: Micro x 20 x 2
w2. DB Rolling Tri: 20 x 15 x 2
w3. Underhand fat bar Pulldown: 60 x 20 x 2

CG Band Bench (TPB, Feet up, against reds): 20kg x 10, 60kg x 5, 80kg x 2, 90kg x 2, 100kg x 2, 102.5kg x 2

DB Bench: 75 x 12 x 2
WG Swiss Bar Pulldown: 100 x 20, 110 x 15, 110 x 12

TRX Row: BW x 13 (F)

Didn't have a whole lot of time today, but I got it in.

Another 3/4 scoop for this, was the perfect amount. Still feeling pretty good focus effects, and the pump was good.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Looking great ! jimbuick wats the most you have done for scoops ? Im thinking 1.25

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking great ! jimbuick wats the most you have done for scoops ? Im thinking 1.25
I don't go above 1.

Outside of this log, I don't use caffeine at all (even for training) so I don't need a whole lot.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Getting some great work in despite the back!
Yeah, starting to feel OK again.

Will probably start training the legs next week, will be using the belt squats, GHD, RH, etc. May possibly add RDL (DB. ) the week after, depending on how things go.

Mostly just stiff in the mornings, but once I get moving around it loosens up pretty well. Still can't touch my toes, but at least I've been able to dress myself this time around lol.

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
Yeah, starting to feel OK again.

Will probably start training the legs next week, will be using the belt squats, GHD, RH, etc. May possibly add RDL (DB. ) the week after, depending on how things go.

Mostly just stiff in the mornings, but once I get moving around it loosens up pretty well. Still can't touch my toes, but at least I've been able to dress myself this time around lol.
Awesome. I'd kill to have a reverse hyper machine. They can supposedly do wonders for your back. I've yet to use one.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome. I'd kill to have a reverse hyper machine. They can supposedly do wonders for your back. I've yet to use one.
It actually aggravates my discs. It helps a lot of people's backs, but the law of individuality still comes into play.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It actually aggravates my discs. It helps a lot of people's backs, but the law of individuality still comes into play.
Yeah, I've heard that too. Although, I think part of it can be how the movement is performed.

I usually do it a little differently each time I do it, sometimes with more swing, sometimes with tempo, and then changing the torso angle makes a big difference too.

I think most people should try the movement BW first (which can be done on a GHD), because it can definitely aggravate some people more than it helps.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If I'm not flared up I can do some, but coming off of one is a big no-no.

Do you lay over the soft pad the opposite way and hang onto the foot beam to do them bodyweight on the GHD? Trying to picture it

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If I'm not flared up I can do some, but coming off of one is a big no-no.

Do you lay over the soft pad the opposite way and hang onto the foot beam to do them bodyweight on the GHD? Trying to picture it
Yep, that's exactly how.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tough DE Bench session today. Rearranged my training week a little, 12 weeks away now and starting to feel good again.

Anyway, 75 minutes total for this (including warm-up).

w1. Lat Pulldown (wide, OH): 70 x 20 x 3
w2. Band Pushdown: Purple x 20 x 3
w3. TRX Scarecrow: BW x 20 x 3

CG Feet Up Pause Bench: 37.5kg (+reds) x 3 x 10

https://www.instagram.com/p/BH-_QbLBxUk/

DB Row: 75 x 15, 85 x 10, 85 x 9

a1. Low Inc. DB Bench: 60 x 15, 65 x 12, 65 x 10
a2. Seated Cable Row (chinning triangle): 120 x 15 x 3

High Lateral Raise (T202): 12 x 15 x 2

Rope Pushdown: 40 x 25, 14

Wanted 50 on the Pushdown in as few sets as possible, but was feeling really nauseous on the back half of this one.

Used a full scoop today, and that was probably too much. Heart was pounding, got a little lightheaded, and the above mentioned nausea towards the end.

Will go back to 3/4 scoop.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It's honestly pretty stout at 3/4, I often do that myself.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ME Lower

w1. Lunges: BW x 20 x 2
w2. Back Ext: BW x 20 x 2
w3. Goblet Squat: 40 x 20 x 2

Comp Squats: work up to 160kg x 2 (belted)

GHR (knees in pad): BW x 8, 6, 7 (3 x F)

Belt Squat: 180 x 60sec x 2

And that was all I had time for. Took a lot more time working up than I usually would as I wasn't sure how much I'd be able to do. Overall, not a bad day. No pain with the squats at all today.

3/4 scoop today was much better, kept a good pace but used probably twice as many warm up sets as I typically would which ate into my time.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Better that you take your time warming than overdo the back! Good day indeed

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ME Bench

w1. TRX Row: BW x 20 x 2
w2. Overhead Triceps Pushdown: Green x 20 x 2
w3. Hammer Curl: Red x 20 x 2

Comp Grip Bench Press (thumb from smooth, short pause): work to 110kg x 3

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIG3ag8gCaL/

Feet Up CG Bench (against doubles reds): 60kg x 6, 80kg x 6 (6RM)

Chinups (T3-1-2): BW x 5 x 2 (F)

a1. DB Rolling Tri: 30 x 12 x 2
a2. Db Curls: 20 x 15, 25 x 15

Lat Pulldown: 100 x 16, 120 x 10

3/4 scoop is definitely where its at. Got the bubblegum flavor in today, will crack that open next week so I can review all three flavors when I toss the final review up.

Likely 2 more weeks using it, then I'll go back to stim free for the rest of meet prep. Review will come after a week or two stim free to see what type of drop off I notice.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good to see squatting is not causing you pain now. Definitely smart to take more time warming up too.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hey if you're already comfortably pulling 2 plates I'd say you are in a good place! Glad to see this.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey if you're already comfortably pulling 2 plates I'd say you are in a good place! Glad to see this.
Yeah, not bad at all anymore. After the first week things were mostly back to normal.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DE Bench from earlier.

w1. TRX Row: BW x 15 x 2
w2. Rope Pushdown: 30 x 20 x 2
w3. Rope Face pull: 30 x 20 x 2

CG Feet Up Bench: 43.5kg x 1 x 8 (against reds)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIRBHRZhiFz/

DB Row: 80 x 10 x 2 (2 sec hold at top)

a1. DB Bench: 60 x 45sec x 2
a2. Lateral Raise: 20 x 12 x 2

Swiss Cable Row: 110 x 20, 120 x 20

Tough. Was about 65 minutes today, including warm-up.

Busted open the bubble gum flavor today, not bad CL, not bad at all. Tasted a lot like bubble gum, and wasn't unpleasant at all.