Jimothy's Back (and worse than ever)

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I’m not saying Nick isn’t a freak, because he is truly world class talent
for sure. I'm not saying I HAVE to squat 700lbs at age 62. but when people talk like that I think of people like him and Louie a lot. we humans tend to age ourselves prematurely me thinks!

Not a great example, but when my wife and I spent a lot of time in the local yacht club all our friends were in their 60s and 70s. Were they strong examples of perfect health? no not even close, but they drank like fish, partied till midnight and showed me that age is just a number. My dad is 62, hits the gym every morning and golfs every week. He tried to get flag football together with all his old high school buddies and they wouldn't due to age so he hangs with me instead lol

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
for sure. I'm not saying I HAVE to squat 700lbs at age 62. but when people talk like that I think of people like him and Louie a lot. we humans tend to age ourselves prematurely me thinks!

Not a great example, but when my wife and I spent a lot of time in the local yacht club all our friends were in their 60s and 70s. Were they strong examples of perfect health? no not even close, but they drank like fish, partied till midnight and showed me that age is just a number. My dad is 62, hits the gym every morning and golfs every week. He tried to get flag football together with all his old high school buddies and they wouldn't due to age so he hangs with me instead lol
I mean, I did pull my hamstring twice playing recreational coed softball, and that definitely wouldn’t have happened 10 years ago.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I mean, I did pull my hamstring twice playing recreational coed softball, and that definitely wouldn’t have happened 10 years ago.
It absolutely only gets harder and worse with every year.

I was more making the point that harder doesn’t mean impossible, and obstacles are just that - things that stop you if you don’t find a way around them. But a lot of people sell themselves short, because not trying is a helluva lot easier than having to get back up after each setback.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It's hard to argue with it, reality is reality, but no part of the body is stronger than the mind. Tell it you're old and it will make it so.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It's hard to argue with it, reality is reality, but no part of the body is stronger than the mind. Tell it you're old and it will make it so.
I’m a billionaire, I’m a billionaire, I’m a billionaire. I’ll let you know in tomorrow if there is a wad of cash in my bank account tomorrow 😂

All jokes aside I do believe there is a lot of truth to what you say there.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I’m a billionaire, I’m a billionaire, I’m a billionaire. I’ll let you know in tomorrow if there is a wad of cash in my bank account tomorrow
actually, you know Hyde made that mention the other day about rich people being rich cause they don't spend all their money. You talk like this and repeat it and I don't know if you'll become a billionaire overnight but you might create a particular mindset....

"don't let the old man in"

I saw this older dude with a mask on at the grocery store driving one of those 4 wheelers rascal scooters around with an air tank the other day and of course my brain had two thoughts. one was critical of his situation since I know men older than him at the gym. the other had sympathy not knowing what his life journey was. all i know is the reaper comes for us all eventually, no reason to speed him up.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
actually, you know Hyde made that mention the other day about rich people being rich cause they don't spend all their money. You talk like this and repeat it and I don't know if you'll become a billionaire overnight but you might create a particular mindset....

"don't let the old man in"

I saw this older dude with a mask on at the grocery store driving one of those 4 wheelers rascal scooters around with an air tank the other day and of course my brain had two thoughts. one was critical of his situation since I know men older than him at the gym. the other had sympathy not knowing what his life journey was. all i know is the reaper comes for us all eventually, no reason to speed him up.
A lot is perceived as well. I’m not rich by monetary standards but I feel rich in my own terms. Have a happy healthy family that I love very much a roof over are head food in the freezer and fridge, clean water to drink, vehicles to get us around, a job that pays well and provides.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
A lot is perceived as well. I’m not rich by monetary standards but I feel rich in my own terms. Have a happy healthy family that I love very much a roof over are head food in the freezer and fridge, clean water to drink, vehicles to get us around, a job that pays well and provides
A spirit of gratitude is the single greatest asset you can have! Its life saving, IMO!

I love that line "ask yourself how old you'd be if you didn't know what day you were born"

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A spirit of gratitude is the single greatest asset you can have! Its life saving, IMO!

I love that line "ask yourself how old you'd be if you didn't know what day you were born"
Interesting thought experiment, too. I’m thinking I’d be like 65, 70?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IMG_2178.JPG

Trying an upper lower split for the next 8 or so weeks. Bad time to have two leg days a week given the hamstring, but c’est la vie.

20 minutes of cardio after. Slower speed, no incline, but doing what doesn’t hurt.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just keep things nice and controlled, and pay attention to it. If it needs a rest day, or just some light blood flow work for recovery then do that instead of pushing it one workout. You know how to manage this stuff from your PL days.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just keep things nice and controlled, and pay attention to it. If it needs a rest day, or just some light blood flow work for recovery then do that instead of pushing it one workout. You know how to manage this stuff from your PL days.
Yeah, it’s no big deal. Not as severe as last time, either. Just annoying.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Tightening up and gaining weight, good stuff. I can see the improvements.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, I thought decent results this week, especially given the training limitations and lack of sleep. Still no chest, but we’re working on it.

Last edited:
jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In case anyone was wondering, I’ve had two hellish weeks at work since my last update and haven’t been able to get to the gym.

Kleen probably understands what this means more than y’all given his work, but I haven’t billed under 14 hours in a day (except a 5 billed hour Sunday) since my last training session and had at least one 17 hour billed day last Friday.

Things seem like they’re clearing up finally now, but it’s been a slog.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In case anyone was wondering, I’ve had two hellish weeks at work since my last update and haven’t been able to get to the gym.

Kleen probably understands what this means more than y’all given his work, but I haven’t billed under 14 hours in a day (except a 5 billed hour Sunday) since my last training session and had at least one 17 hour billed day last Friday.

Law & Disorder, starring Jim Buick

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good to hear you are seeing a little light at the end of the tunnel! You have done well to get as much training in with work at that level, well done Sir! Hope you get a few weeks of reprieve at the minimum.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

I hope rewards will be reaped for your efforts!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In this job, the reward for good work is more work lol
Don't forget the healthy bonus for hitting your targeted billing hours! I know at our firm it is pretty substantial even for the new associates.