Ivan Putski’s Anthems, Anecdotes, and Undeniable Truths of Garage Gym Lifting

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
So here we go! I haven’t done an actual log since fall of 2014 when I logged Finaflex’s MASS 550 and Stimul8 that I got gratis from @snagencyV2.0 aka Steve Nantz(prob misspelled his last name) May he R.I.P. gone way too soon!!!
I chime in enough on everyone else’s thread, might as well do my own.

About me:
Just turned 47, 5’6” , 211lbs, 28% bf
Been lifting since winter of 1995-1998 had a child spring of 1999 took time off
Back at it April 1 2002 as an April fools joke and stuck w it until July 2004
Long hiatus until 2013-2015, hiatus again until may1 2023. Tore right tricep 4th of July weekend last summer, rehabbed and did random light weight high rep workouts for remainder of 2023. 3 times a week at best.
January 1 2024 bought RP Hypertrophy App from recommendations from @MrKleen73 and @akboom87 and started working out religiously 4 times/ wk for 8 wks then bumped to 5x/wk. Originally the religious part was “OMG This SUX why did I let myself go”. But consistency and commitment has equaled some progress. I am better w the weights than I am w my diet. That I need help on!!! I suck at meal prep.
I am a lineman for a broadband provider so always out in the elements be it hot or cold, good or bad etc. also get on-call rotation every 6 or so weeks which can result in lack of sleep. Not an excuse, just an obstacle I have to work around at times.
Currently in week 4 of a 5 week mesocycle.

Diet is this on days I work
2 scoops Casein for breakfast(late, usually 10ish)
SNS CISSUS, SNS Blood Pressure Support, Joint Support XT, Pea Relief, and Pine Pollen

2 protein bars Rule1 1/4 cup Raw Almonds late lunch 4pm

1 scoop Pump Addict at 5:30

Workout from 6-7:15ish

PWO 2 scoops iso and 1 scoop SNS CREATINE HCI

8ish real meal of chicken or beef and brown rice or sweet potato fries
SNS CISSUS, SNS Blood Pressure Support, Joint Support XT, Pea Relief, and Pine Pollen

9:30-10 munchies kick in and this is where I go wrong.

I will post this weeks workouts so far. I lift sat-wed but my workouts are title Mon-Fri. Haven’t figured out how to relabel yet on the RP app

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sun 6.30.24

8:00
300 Epi
2 coffee
.5ml 4Andro TD
2 Pea Relief

10:45
2 scoops Casein, 1/2 cup steel oats, 2 Splenda, 1tsp cinnamon
2 Cissus, 1 Inhibit-e, 2 Joint Support XT, 3 Pine Pollen, 2 Blood Pressure Support

1:00
600 Epi
1 scoop Pump Addict
1 Scoop SNS Creatine HCI watermelon 🍉

1:30-2:45
Workout
Legs and teased chest a bit

sets of 21 w 60lb db on incline is a PR for me. I never use to rep out. Use to go 10, 8, 6. I learned how to count higher! The calf raises are me standing on a bench, holding a 25lb plate in each hand, leaning into the power rack. Making it work w what I got

having a grilled chicken wrap w 3 slices or Prov cheese for post workout meal

I’ll update dinner when it happens

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Count me in! Not sure how long you have had that app but it is a damn good one. You can learn alot about how it progresses you can uses your input so when you stop paying for it you have a solid understanding of a good hypertrophy progression, and fatigue management.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Count me in! Not sure how long you have had that app but it is a damn good one. You can learn alot about how it progresses you can uses your input so when you stop paying for it you have a solid understanding of a good hypertrophy progression, and fatigue management.
Thank you for the input.
I have had it a few months now. I am def loving the app. You just have to be honest w Al Gorithm or he will tweak your routine in an undesirable way

Last edited:
PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

Pumps on underhand raises and tricep push downs were UNBEARABLE!!! I had to actually stop on the push downs around rep 15 on second set and shake my arms out and resume. I just yelled my way through the 3rd and final set. But WTF??? Felt like repping out calf raises and not being able to walk. This album helped!!!

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Are these in kg? 20kg in each arm for lateral raises is naughty for 24 reps wtf

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Of Polish descent living in the states. Ivan Putski was a wrestler. Former WWF Tag Team Champ w Tito Santana. He was the first Polish wrestler in the WWF.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Of Polish descent living in the states. Ivan Putski was a wrestler. Former WWF Tag Team Champ w Tito Santana. He was the first Polish wrestler in the WWF.
Old school Baby! Man I was looking at your rep selection and thinking HOLY FUGGIN PUMPS!!!!! You must have been on fire for most of the session and so full of blood it hurt sounds right.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Old school Baby! Man I was looking at your rep selection and thinking HOLY FUGGIN PUMPS!!!!! You must have been on fire for most of the session and so full of blood it hurt sounds right.
I ALWAYS lifted in the 4-6 rep range moving, for my stature, heavy weight. But after the torn tricep I came to the reality that I’m not in my 20’s or 30’s anymore, I don’t want anymore catastrophic set backs, and I had to make some changes. My bi’s are bigger than they have ever been. My shoulders Pop nice and I don’t do any pressing for shoulders. I use to hit seated military press, then seated dumbbell, and then lateral raises but only hit them once a week. I basically hit ‘em 3 times a week w lighter weight high reps and it smokes em. I was doing upright rows twice a week but that seemed to aggravate the bicep tendon at the shoulder. It’s all still a work in progress. You and AK were spot on recommending the RP App. Takes a lot of guess work out of things.