Intraworkout nutrition

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
Thinking about experimenting with intraworkout nutrition. Thinking of HBCD with EAA's as a start and possibly throwing in some protein in there, I have seen conflicting info on hydrolyzed whey being a good option in this scenario and dont know if whey isolate could work as well seing that it would take some time to digest

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
John Meadows is a HUGE advocate of a peri-workout beverage.

Taken right from his fourms:

" If you are cutting or goal is to lose fat, 80% of your carbs should be around the periworkout period. If you are an off season status, then 60-70%. Thirty (30) grams is relative base on ones diet. If you are consuming 200 grams of carbs daily, that would be half your normal intraworkout nutrition days (60). But if one is only consuming 100 grams of carbs daily, 30 grams maybe the normal carb amount during the periworkout period"

" I believe he advised it should be a 2:1 ration of carb (HBCD) to protein (casein hydrosalate). This I believe is more applicable to off season or if one is consuming moderate to higher carbs. If you go to low carb or keto diet, all you will have is just the protein or BCAA/EAA and no carb."

Personally I would start with at least 10g of BCAA's/EAA's and then add the carbs as needed (Say 30g to start and work your way up to 50-60-75g) and see if you notice a difference in your training.

Lets also factor a few things:

1) What does your pre-workout nutrition look like? If you are eating a meal prior how many carbs and how big is that meal?

2)What does Post-workout look like as far as calories/macro's go?

If you are covering your pre-workout nutrition adding in extra carbs is really a buffer if you have the extra calories to spare it would be optimal to put them when the body uses them most (during your workout) to enhance your performance and endurnace.

Throwing in more protein is really only elevating MPS the entire time from pre-workout, through intra-workout and even post-workout. So it does not benefit MPS from a scientific standpoint. Sipping on BCAA's or even through in Whey protein or an isolate into a peri-workout beverage is like if you were to drink BCAA's all day long. Your just constantly spiking insulin and MPS levels. I don't really see a major need for it especially if you are fed prior to training.

Could it help? Possibly, that would be trial and error on your end. Your best bet would be some fast acting carbs like HBCD with your BCAA beverage (starting low and increasing) and seeing how you respond and then adjust your dosage.

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
John Meadows is a HUGE advocate of a peri-workout beverage.

Taken right from his fourms:

" If you are cutting or goal is to lose fat, 80% of your carbs should be around the periworkout period. If you are an off season status, then 60-70%. Thirty (30) grams is relative base on ones diet. If you are consuming 200 grams of carbs daily, that would be half your normal intraworkout nutrition days (60). But if one is only consuming 100 grams of carbs daily, 30 grams maybe the normal carb amount during the periworkout period"

" I believe he advised it should be a 2:1 ration of carb (HBCD) to protein (casein hydrosalate). This I believe is more applicable to off season or if one is consuming moderate to higher carbs. If you go to low carb or keto diet, all you will have is just the protein or BCAA/EAA and no carb."

Personally I would start with at least 10g of BCAA's/EAA's and then add the carbs as needed (Say 30g to start and work your way up to 50-60-75g) and see if you notice a difference in your training.

Lets also factor a few things:

1) What does your pre-workout nutrition look like? If you are eating a meal prior how many carbs and how big is that meal?

2)What does Post-workout look like as far as calories/macro's go?

If you are covering your pre-workout nutrition adding in extra carbs is really a buffer if you have the extra calories to spare it would be optimal to put them when the body uses them most (during your workout) to enhance your performance and endurnace.

Throwing in more protein is really only elevating MPS the entire time from pre-workout, through intra-workout and even post-workout. So it does not benefit MPS from a scientific standpoint. Sipping on BCAA's or even through in Whey protein or an isolate into a peri-workout beverage is like if you were to drink BCAA's all day long. Your just constantly spiking insulin and MPS levels. I don't really see a major need for it especially if you are fed prior to training.

Could it help? Possibly, that would be trial and error on your end. Your best bet would be some fast acting carbs like HBCD with your BCAA beverage (starting low and increasing) and seeing how you respond and then adjust your dosage.
Thats the plan, this will be for more of a bulking stage so i will have more calories available to adjust

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
I am a HUGE believe in intra workout nutrition. I feel when I do it my gains and recovery is greater than when I do not do it

HBCD is a powerhouse in my book and I like that more than Wazy Maize, etc as those do not digest properly for me

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
I am a HUGE believe in intra workout nutrition. I feel when I do it my gains and recovery is greater than when I do not do it

HBCD is a powerhouse in my book and I like that more than Wazy Maize, etc as those do not digest properly for me
Cool, do you include any protein in your intra?

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Cool, do you include any protein in your intra?
I myself have either use EAA (mostly from Humapro) or BCAA. I know some people who LOVE to use Pepto pro (I was never a fan)

So my mixture usually is HBCD and EAA/BCAA. Sometimes I will throw in some creatine, glutamine, etc

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I myself have either use EAA (mostly from Humapro) or BCAA. I know some people who LOVE to use Pepto pro (I was never a fan)

So my mixture usually is HBCD and EAA/BCAA. Sometimes I will throw in some creatine, glutamine, etc
But bro.. Finish line covers that :) LOL

For most people who have adequate pre/post workout nutrition the extra carbs and BCAA's are merley buffers.
For those wanting to allocate those carbs and extra protein (from the BCAA's) during training can only be a benefit IMO because lets face it. your training you want to keep your intensity and performance at the top of your ability. You lose glucose and BCAA's and glutamine during training, so replacing what you lose is only a benefit.

NOW if someone were dieting it could be a different story due to the amount of calories they have to play with. while bulking it would only be a benefit to put extra calories right around your training to optimize your performance.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Truth AND I have used Finish Line AS an intra!!!!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If I wanted to make my own, what is a good HBCD product?

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've been liking PeptoPro and HBCD for a while now. Going to try Endure+ and see if I notice any difference.

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
The Solution would you recommend xtend endure?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I use Xtend Perform (and 5g taurine) as my intra.

I don't want to drink any carbs -- I want to eat them! NOM NOM NOM ;) lol

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
I use Xtend Perform (and 5g taurine) as my intra.

I don't want to drink any carbs -- I want to eat them! NOM NOM NOM ;) lol
It doesn't count as a meal its just a snack haha just kidding but I hear you

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The Solution would you recommend xtend endure?

For the price at 10$ at NP it's a steal and covers both your carbs and BCAA for peri workout
Absolutely

Make sure you write Anabolic Minds if you order off nutraplanet in the comments NutraPlanet15 looks to throw in lots of freebies with orders for
People off here

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Intra-workout nutrition is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Eat food before your workout. Eat food after your workout. If you need more energy then simple sugars during training. Simple.

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
Intra-workout nutrition is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Eat food before your workout. Eat food after your workout. If you need more energy then simple sugars during training. Simple.
Simple sugars during training is intraworkout nutrition smartass