I'm On the Rag and it Roks (New Crushing Punch,Sponsored)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
when you look at it, most people don't work out more than 20x in a month, so a tub is still a months supply that way

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do, i'm subbed there :) just don't respond all the time. I like to not crowd up other peoples logs too much, particularly the more detailed ones.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 12- Cardio- HIIT

• Strength NA
  • Focus/ Aggression NA
  • Endurance The usual
  • Overall Energy Boosted Afterwards, thank you endorphins!
  • Dosing Level Scoop 30mins pre-HIIT
  • Other Nothing
Today I did some HIIT. I don't think it's getting stale, but I might have to bump the resistance on the elliptical up to 18 and not 17 because it doesn't leave me panting and gasping like it used to. I was quite energetic after my workout; I can't really say I felt any extra energy during my HIIT session because it is so very taxing on my body that if there's any extra energy it goes right into my first few sprints and then it's gone.

My HIIT is 60s warmup, then (30s at Level 17 Resistance, 60s at 14 Resistance )x10 then either a 90s cooldown and stretching, or more likely me running off to class as part of my cooldown then having a massive shake with ice in the middle of winter to try and cool me down, which actually doesn't quite work lol. I'll be still sweating in my dryfit shirt and shorts in class despite all that ice!

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 13- Lower Body/Back

• Strength Bumped up my stiff-legged deads, rest was slightly boost in reps
  • Focus/ Aggression Normal
  • Endurance Got a few more reps in =Progression which I always aim for
  • Overall Energy About normal
  • Dosing Full Scoop 30mins before, 1 hour after oats+whey breakfast
  • Other Grueling Workout
This workout is always my toughest. I start with stiff-legged deads then do some ab work for a quick breather then go with rack-deads which are killer. Then to hammer the legs a bit more I'll do lunges and front squats. Overall I really don't seem to be noticing a mental buzz like I've gotten from other pre-WO supps, but my training is coming along well.

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
Great cardio session! it makes me want to hurry up and get to the gym. I love the way I feel after some good intense cardio too.

the lower Body & Back session was sick too. As long as your training is going well we can overlook the lack of mental buzz. ;)

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 14- Upper Body Vertical

• Strength Bumped up the shoulder press and decline
  • Focus/ Aggression About average
  • Endurance Decent even on the weights I bumped up
  • Overall Energy About Average
  • Dosing Full Scoop 30mins before
  • Other Back was still sore so didn't do my dumbell clean and press
Overall not a bad workout, still progressing on a weekly basis which is the goal of my workout program. Not noticing much energy wise, the caffeine is just riding along. My sleep has been unaffected, which is good because in the past caffeine has caused me some problems with my sleep.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 15- HIIT

• Strength NA
  • Focus/ Aggression
  • Endurance
  • Overall Energy
  • Dosing 30 mins pre-WO on empty stomach
  • Other
Nothing like HIIT to end the week. Nothing special noted, although like always HIIT is balls-to-the-wall.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 16- Rest

• Strength
  • Focus/ Aggression
  • Endurance
  • Overall Energy
  • Dosing Threw it in a berry smoothie, tasted awesome!
  • Other
My one true rest day. I might have to take 2 rest days and make an 8-day cycle to lower my training volume to make sure I'm not overtraining. I'm still feeling OK at this level so I'm going to keep at it for now.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 17- Legs

• Strength Awesome front squats
  • Focus/ Aggression About average, no aggression
  • Endurance Pushed in a few extra sets
  • Overall Energy Slow at first, but overall decent
  • Dosing 30 mins pre-WO, 1hr after oatmeal+whey
  • Other
My squats that I always do first went pretty poorly. I think it's my technique, because my front squat has practically caught my regular squat which doesn't seem right at all! I got a video of my squat, and I might post it in the training forum for some tips. I added in a leg press at the end of the workout and it really took it out of me, but I noticed some extra muscle the next day which makes it all worth while!

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
great looking leg workout! that is odd about the front squats. mine are about 80 lbs. behind my back squats :p. maybe you have some strong ass quads? :dance:

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
great looking leg workout! that is odd about the front squats. mine are about 80 lbs. behind my back squats :p. maybe you have some strong ass quads? :dance:
In my progress pics I don't take pictures of my legs, I just do above the waist although I sort of wish I had pics of my legs before because my quads have blown up from these front squats and my hams got massive from stiff-legged deads. I never feel a good burn in my quads, but they grew so it must have been the front squats I'd say.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry for not posting the updates guys, I've been jotting them down . I will be uploading my workouts. I realized I was overtraining though, so over the past 1.5 weeks I've been taking an extra rest day between my 2 workout days. I noticed I was getting poor sleep and extra soreness, so I listened to my body and turned down the training.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for not posting the updates guys, I've been jotting them down . I will be uploading my workouts. I realized I was overtraining though, so over the past 1.5 weeks I've been taking an extra rest day between my 2 workout days. I noticed I was getting poor sleep and extra soreness, so I listened to my body and turned down the training.
ahh man, overtraining huh?? that def sux!

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 18- Upper Body Horizontal

• Strength Bumped up my bench for a bit, looking good
  • Focus/ Aggression Tried a new exercise that kept me sharp mentally today
  • Endurance Normal
  • Overall Energy About Normal, possibly a bit tired
  • Dosing 30 mins pre-WO... mmm tasty!
  • Other New Exercise, felt a little drained afterwards
Today I figured I would try out reverse push-ups (I.e. bodyweight rows) where you pull yourself up to the bar. It was definitely more challenging that I thought, but the new muscle building that I felt the next morning was awesome. It's always good to switch up the exercises to keep the body guessing!

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 19- HIIT, sort

• Strength Poor
  • Focus/ Aggression Not There
  • Endurance Not There, Energy crashed :(
  • Overall Energy As above
  • Dosing 30mins in a shake
  • Other
Well today was supposed to by my HIIT day but my body just crashed after 2 sprints. I just didn't have it mentally and physically in it to push myself for sprints today, and I didn't have time to do some low-intensity cardio so I ended up just getting off. I'll see how it goes tomorrow.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 20- HIIT

• Strength So-so
  • Focus/ Aggression HIIT so N/A really
  • Endurance Well I made it, but it wasn't easy
  • Overall Energy Lower than normal
  • Dosing 30mins pre-HIIIT in some water
  • Other
Well today I did the HIIT that was supposed to happen yesterday. I think I've got to take a bit more rest, seems like my body just wasn't ready for it yesterday. I'm going to try and still do my deadlifts/lower body workout tomorrow, but I'll take an extra rest day off between my upper body and my HIIT. Will see if a 4 day break over theweekend / Monday will recharge my body.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 21- Lower Body/Back

• Strength Not one of my better days
  • Focus/ Aggression My head was in it, not so much my body
  • Endurance Slightly below average
  • Overall Energy Moderate
  • Dosing 30 mins pre-WO with some BCAA's
  • Other Funny story in the gym. Saw this old lady trying to do walking lunges with dumbells, except she was only going down about 3" so she didn't even hit a 45 angle with her knees, and she had teenager style skater shoes on... I nearly died from laughing
This workout didn't go as bad as I thought it might. I managed to get through all my sets, although I didn't see any progression in my deadlifts. Will squeeze in an upper body workout tomorrow then take a rest and recover.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 22- Upperbody Vertical

• Strength Surprisingly Decent
  • Focus/ Aggression Average
  • Endurance Average
  • Overall Energy Actually was feeling kinda energized today, must have been actually making my weight targets.
  • Dosing 45 mins pre-WO with a shake, was running behind.
  • Other Felt pretty good
I guess the HIIT made my leg day yesterday a bit harder than it had to be, because my upper body workout went well. The shoulder presses and trap raises felt quite good. Looking forward to 4 days or recovery though :)

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 23-26 Recovery!

Like I've mentioned in the past few updates, my body was starting to get worn down so I'm taking a 4 day break from the gym. I'm still going to be taking the ROK so I can't keep my creatine and Beta-Alanine levels up. On a side note I got the samples of blue raz and melon and will update with flavour reviews!

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
way to mix things up, homie! i found myself to be overtraining not too long ago and since i've incorporated at least two rest days per week (usually 3). my training has been going much better and progress has been leaps and bounds ahead of what it was. keep up the solid work.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 27- Legs

• Strength Awesome, the rest really helped
  • Focus/ Aggression Was quite focused, no aggression
  • Endurance One of my better days
  • Overall Energy Quite energetic
  • Dosing 30 mins pre-WO w/ water
  • Other Awesome workout
I think the 4 day break was definitely in order. This workout went awesome, I bumped my front squat up another 10 lbs. My regular squat is quite lacking though, I find I hit the muscles better by using a leg press machine with heavier weights although all I ever hear is the superiority of squats vs. leg presses so I keep at it.

Energy and endurance was great today though, I kept my intake of carbs decent during my break and my muscles were full with glycogen today.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Blue Razz Review

I finally tried the blue razz flavour, and it was awesome! Not a perfect 10, but a well deserved 9. It reminded me alot like the blue freezies that I used to have, except it had a bit of a sour taste mixed with some odd cotton-candy reminiscent flavouring somehow.

Mixability was fine, some grains at the bottom of the cup but that usually happens anyways. I have to say I prefer this over the crushing punch, although only slightly. Great job on the flavour!

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Blue Razz Review

I finally tried the blue razz flavour, and it was awesome! Not a perfect 10, but a well deserved 9. It reminded me alot like the blue freezies that I used to have, except it had a bit of a sour taste mixed with some odd cotton-candy reminiscent flavouring somehow.

Mixability was fine, some grains at the bottom of the cup but that usually happens anyways. I have to say I prefer this over the crushing punch, although only slightly. Great job on the flavour!
lol only slightly???!! IMO the new blue raz flavo flavor is 10X better than the crushing punch!

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
Blue Razz Review

Yeah its good shtuff for sure. I'm curious if there is a supplement in this category that will score a ten then because this is the best tasting of any of them out there. :D

If pepperoni pizza is a 10 then this is a solid 9.5 ;) IMO

Thanks for the great feedback!

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Yeah its good shtuff for sure. I'm curious if there is a supplement in this category that will score a ten then because this is the best tasting of any of them out there. :D

If pepperoni pizza is a 10 then this is a solid 9.5 ;) IMO

Thanks for the great feedback!
in my book blue raz scored a perfect 10 anyhow when will this improved flavor be out, oh and when will the opportunity to buy cordygen become available, or do a sponsored log!!

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
This version of Blue Raz will be to vendors in roughly two weeks along with the Warrior Melon with Caffeine.

the Cordygen-VO2 will be going on pre-sale here in the next 7-10 days on our site and will most likely hit NP and competition in 30 days. I'm sure logging opportunities will be available sometime right before release.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This version of Blue Raz will be to vendors in roughly two weeks along with the Warrior Melon with Caffeine.

the Cordygen-VO2 will be going on pre-sale here in the next 7-10 days on our site and will most likely hit NP and competition in 30 days. I'm sure logging opportunities will be available sometime right before release.
thats all some good news....

but yea this is a good log man glad ur enjoying the rag :thumbsup:

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 28- Upper Body Horizontal

• Strength Poor, was a bit tired today
  • Focus/ Aggression Low focus
  • Endurance Poor
  • Overall Energy Low, I was in a haze
  • Dosing 30 mins pre-WO
  • Other Got some poor sleep = No energy
Well I just finished off the tub yesterday , and I'll be posting up the last week's worth of reviews. This workout didn't go too well because my housemates were pretty noisy last night and I kept on getting woken up. Poor sleep = bad day in the gym

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
DAY 28- Upper Body Horizontal

• Strength Poor, was a bit tired today
  • Focus/ Aggression Low focus
  • Endurance Poor
  • Overall Energy Low, I was in a haze
  • Dosing 30 mins pre-WO
  • Other Got some poor sleep = No energy
Well I just finished off the tub yesterday , and I'll be posting up the last week's worth of reviews. This workout didn't go too well because my housemates were pretty noisy last night and I kept on getting woken up. Poor sleep = bad day in the gym
lol you got it!!!

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 29- Cardio

• Strength - Low Intensity, Enough said lol
  • Focus/ Aggression NA
  • Endurance 45 minutes felt easy, but I love my cardio
  • Overall Energy Good
  • Dosing 30 mins pre-WO with H2O
  • Other
Today I did 45 mins low intensity cardio instead of HIIT, and it simply flew by. Not much to comment on here, except the flavour is starting to get tired for me now, after trying the blue razz I want more of that. I'll try the melon soon.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 30- Lower Body

• Strength Didn't make the reps I wanted on deads, but bumped up the weight
  • Focus/ Aggression I was determined, decent focus
  • Endurance Not the greatest, but I bumped up the weights
  • Overall Energy Decent
  • Dosing 30 mins pre-WO with some OJ
  • Other
Today I bumped up my deadlifts so I was expecting a hit in the # of reps but I was hoping to get 5x5 out, but only managed around 4. Still not a bad workout.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 31- Upper Body Vertical

• Strength Increased reps, same weight
  • Focus/ Aggression Average
  • Endurance A few extra reps, but didn't bump up weight
  • Overall Energy Average
  • Dosing 30 mins pre-WO with water
  • Other
Decided to push in a few extra reps for progression instead of increasing my weight, but not a bad workout . Still not getting much of a energy rush from ROK like I did from White Flood, but Matt explained why that is. Getting low in the container, I guess with a full scoop I might eke out 35 servings or so.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 32- HIIT Cardio

• Strength NA
  • Focus/ Aggression
  • Endurance 2 Extra intervals! Had some awesome energy
  • Overall Energy Great
  • Dosing 30 mins pre-WO with some Beta-Alanine and CEE
  • Other Awesome energy
I had a solid 9 hours of sleep last night and it paid off on the sprints today. Did 12 not my usual 10.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 33-34 REST

Took 2 days not my usual 1 day off because I know my body needs a bit of extra rest. Looks like I got 1.5 servings left, so tomorrow will be a double dose!

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 35- Legs

• Strength Increased weights on hack and front squats
  • Focus/ Aggression A bit too energized
  • Endurance Not bad, wasn't resting long enough
  • Overall Energy Slighty jittered but boosted
  • Dosing ~2 scoops 30 mins pre-WO with water
  • Other The 1.5 scoops turned out to be closer to 2 full scoops so I image I had a ton of caffeine, which led me to be kind of jittery
I increased the front squats and regular squats today, and kept my lunges calves and the hams the same. Overall was a good workout, but I did have an energy crash a bit later on in the afternoon from all the caffeine. I'll post an overall review in a little bit.

spaceclown

spaceclown

On the Rag & it Roks
Awards
  • Established
Look forward to the review

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Final Review

Ragnarok (New Crushing Punch) by MST

TASTE 7.5/10 : The Blue Razz is a 9/10, but this one isn't bad at all.

ENERGY 6.5 : I never seemed to get much of an energy boost despite the caffeine, but this is due to the lack of other stims.

Value 8.5/10 : $0.75/serving is a fair price, especially if it gets you buzzed.

Overall 8/10

First off I want to thank Millennium Sports Technologies for giving me the opportunity to log this for them. When I initially got the rag, I thought it would have me bouncing off the walls in the gym from the energy and caffeine, but that wasn't the case. I realized that rag wasn't your pre-WO energy booster, but is instead a more performance and health oriented product. Instead the caffeine didn't make me jittery at all, and I managed to see some decent strength gains from the creatine and beta-alanine, as well as a strict diet and hard training. Although I did hit some overtraining halfway through my log, I feel that I made decent progress, some of which I must attribute to the BA and creatine.

The only reason I gave it only an 8 is because I found I didn't often get any extra focus or energy . I appreciate the lack of carbs and questionable ingredients though, and the taste can get you hooked (if you love blue razz). Overall a great tasting BA and creatine supp that can give you some extra mental focus and energy, although it didn't seem that consistent for me.

Feel free to ask for any extra details!
Steve

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the log and review, man! it is greatly appreciated! :D