kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ah...I thought you were a splitter (pre/post)? Or maybe you have done
I did 3 pre and 1 post for like a week lol but just decided to do all 4 pre.

Started at 4 and it was good.

At 5 I'm noticing much more muscle fullness and strength increase.
How long did you run at 4 before going to 5?

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Started at 4 and it was good. At 5 I'm noticing much more muscle fullness and strength increase.
Stop tempting me to go up in dosing!

#OffToOrderMoreSL

P.S. I'm at 4 tbsp right now and loving it

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I did 3 pre and 1 post for like a week lol but just decided to do all 4 pre.

How long did you run at 4 before going to 5?
Lol yea all dosed pre is much better.

I waited 3 weeks.

On Sunday buying another 3 tubs

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Stop tempting me to go up in dosing!

#OffToOrderMoreSL

P.S. I'm at 4 tbsp right now and loving it
Lol! Buy me one while u at it.

4 was good but u def feel a difference at 5.

roy_jones

Awards
Danes has been suggesting people try higher doses of PA for a long time now. He corresponded with the author of the major PA study about the potential value of running a higher dose. The expert suggested there would be a proportionate increase in benefits at a higher dose.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Damn! What do you guys taking 4-5tbsp weigh? I'm only 180. Not sure if I want/need to go that high.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
5tbsp prewo, 6ft 210lb, Im about 12-15% bf

Yeah Danes has certainly pushed the high dosing, but IMO its a good idea to work up rather than jumping straight in, especially if you havnt run PA previously. If anything starting 'low' will give you an appreciation of 'high' when/if you increase.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
5'10" 160lbs (~8-10% bf or so). I've been running 3 tbsp pre-workout (or 1x per day on rest days) recently and enjoying it. I've gone up to 3 pre and 2 post a few times though, and will likely do 5 total a day from now on. I don't really see a need to go >3 tbsp at one time though, although I've never tried it.

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
my 2 tubs of the fearns came in today almost done with my first bottle of king v2

next bottle il add a tbspoon or a tbspoon and half to the king

avega17

Awards
  • Established
Started at 2 pre, now at 2 pre and 1 post. Noticeable muscle fullness hours after my workout. I'm at 196 and cutting down.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, I'm at 8-10% bf so maybe I'll try upping the dosage next week and see how it goes. Thanks for the info, brehs.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, I'm at 8-10% bf so maybe I'll try upping the dosage next week and see how it goes. Thanks for the info, brehs.
Let me know how it works for you.
I cant describe how much I love my 4g dose of PA each day. Musclefullness is wooah

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm 5'10" 160lbs at ~8-10% bf, and I can say that 3 tbsp > 2 tbsp, and I'm planning on going up to 5 tbsp (3 pre and 2 post) as soon as I can find some granules up in Canada. In my experience (King V1 and V2, PhosphaMuscle -and briefly double dosing PM- and lecithin granules at at least 2 tbsp), more is better when it comes to PA.

roy_jones

Awards
Started at 2 pre, now at 2 pre and 1 post. Noticeable muscle fullness hours after my workout. I'm at 196 and cutting down.
I don't know about using PA during my upcoming cut because of the increased appetite.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't know about using PA during my upcoming cut because of the increased appetite.
I'm on a mini cut right now and have no issues.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Neither do I. Besides the epitome I'm taking that's giving me cravings. Only have 3 days left on it anyway.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Let me know how it works for you.
I cant describe how much I love my 4g dose of PA each day. Musclefullness is wooah
Awesome! I can't wait to try it out. Gonna ramp up and do one more week @3pre.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1432418870.842566.jpg
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1432418887.539461.jpg

These look different than fearns ... Either way, started 3tbsp today pre workout. Will report back

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm 5'10" 160lbs at ~8-10% bf, and I can say that 3 tbsp > 2 tbsp, and I'm planning on going up to 5 tbsp (3 pre and 2 post) as soon as I can find some granules up in Canada. In my experience (King V1 and V2, PhosphaMuscle -and briefly double dosing PM- and lecithin granules at at least 2 tbsp), more is better when it comes to PA.
Right on. I have noticed that 3>2 as well. I wonder at what point one would hit diminishing returns and/or unintended side-effects. Only one way to find out, I guess!

Same. But I am taking PES shift as well, which for me has been a potent appetite suppressant.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
wonder at what point one would hit diminishing returns and/or unintended side-effects.
1:no sides from PA at all
2:converting to LPA and LPA activating mTOR, there should NOT be diminishing returns . Actually opposite. Longer you run PA (activate mTOR),better results would be . I see no reason to take breaks after 2-3 months (as long as there is no stomach issues from granules and no money issues)

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
what amount of phosphamuscle were you thinking of dosing?
Right now I am using:
-10 caps of phospha Muscle (that means 2 servings) total=1.5g PA
- 6 caps Micro-PA (1 serving) total=750mg PA
and I am getting about 2g PA from SL.
Total= about 4g PA

3g pre and 1g after workout

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Right now I am using:
-10 caps of phospha Muscle (that means 2 servings) total=1.5g PA
- 6 caps Micro-PA (1 serving) total=750mg PA
and I am getting about 2g PA from SL.
Total= about 4g PA

3g pre and 1g after workout
I suspect the tart cherry is a relatively benign ingredient? I mean, its something pretty 'safe' to be taking at that higher dose you are? Do you know much about it?

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I suspect the tart cherry is a relatively benign ingredient? I mean, its something pretty 'safe' to be taking at that higher dose you are? Do you know much about it?
My friend, 480mg tart cherry in 5 caps. 10 caps= 960mg tart cherry.
Solaray (just an example) suggesting 2 caps 2 times daily (1 cap 425mg tart cherry). Seen other suggesting 3g too.

So I believe I am pretty "safe".:)

NewAgeMayan

Awards
My friend, 480mg tart cherry in 5 caps. 10 caps= 960mg tart cherry.
Solaray (just an example) suggesting 2 caps 2 times daily (1 cap 425mg tart cherry). Seen other suggesting 3g too.

So I believe I am pretty "safe".:)
Oh sweet as, I was just considering doing n experimental run with some PM myself, but I dont know much about it (tart cherry) and what kind of doses woud be cosindered standard.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh sweet as, I was just considering doing n experimental run with some PM myself, but I dont know much about it and what kind of doses woud be cosindered standard.
But i am not sure if tart cherry (which has anti infl. Effect) would gave negative impact consuming prior and after workout.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
But i am not sure if tart cherry (which has anti infl. Effect) would gave negative impact consuming prior and after workout.
Hmm, well hopefully pros outweigh con then :)

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Well, bumped it up to 5 tbsp today (3.5 pre, 1.5 post wkout).

Not sure if this was just an anomaly or what, but pumps were ridiculous for what was otherwise an average workout.

I'll repeat this protocol over the next week to see what happens.

If pump is part of your goal, dosing more SL pre vs post may be the way to go.

I continue to notice that as far as performance goes, endurance in the way of extra sets/reps is more profound than strength gains.

That said, I am progressing in strength as well, but I attribute this more to improvements made from the greater volume overall.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Well, bumped it up to 5 tbsp today (3.5 pre, 1.5 post wkout).

Not sure if this was just an anomaly or what, but pumps were ridiculous for what was otherwise an average workout.

I'll repeat this protocol over the next week to see what happens.

If pump is part of your goal, dosing more SL pre vs post may be the way to go.

I continue to notice that as far as performance goes, endurance in the way of extra sets/reps is more profound than strength gains.

That said, I am progressing in strength as well, but I attribute this more to improvements made from the greater volume overall.
How close to your workout is your prewo dose?

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Hmmm, regarding the pump phenomena (which alot of people seem to be reporting) I wonder how reliable it is as an indicator that a decent amount of the prewo dose is in fact being digested in a timely manner, timely enough for acute effects (such as the enhanced pump)?

There is, of course, the possibility that to some extent previous dosages are playing a role via something of a saturation effect.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I take my dose 15-20 pre.

Why are some of you taking some post? Isn't it better, the more pre the better?

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Taking more than 2g of PA, its not bad idea taking it post too. Studies are showing PA is activating mTOR anyway (without physical stressors such as workout, but would work best taking pre due to enzymes that are released during the exercise and they convert more of PA into LPA, and then LPA activating mTOR) but taking post would give you even longer period of mTOR activating :)

Lets say you want to take 10g PA daily, i believe it would be best to spread it thru the day BUT a big dose should be pre!
But below 2g ,I would just take it pre

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards

I just copied the study, just with MOAR! :)

IIRC the study dosed 450mg PrWO, and 300mg PoWO - Breakfast and Dinner on Non-Training days.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Even more good reason why SL granules are good to go:

the addition of head groups to the PA molecule (phosphatidylcholine (PC), phosphatidylserine (PS), phosphatidylethanolamine (PE) or phosphatidylinositol (PI)), have a similar ability to activate mTOR signaling

doogans

doogans

Awards
  • Established
Have you guys been doising on an an empty stomach? Most days I might have to take my SL right after my pre workout meal.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you guys been doising on an an empty stomach? Most days I might have to take my SL right after my pre workout meal.
Food will not affect absorption/bioavailability. So no worries :)

roy_jones

Awards
Even more good reason why SL granules are good to go:

the addition of head groups to the PA molecule (phosphatidylcholine (PC), phosphatidylserine (PS), phosphatidylethanolamine (PE) or phosphatidylinositol (PI)), have a similar ability to activate mTOR signaling
Good point. I tried a couple of weeks back to figure out how much added "PA" content these other mTOR signaling molecules would add to our 7% assumption for most granules, but was told that PS in particular was only present in very small concentrations (less than 1%).