I love RAW EGGS

Brocodeout69

Brocodeout69

Awards
Okay, I'm relatively new, and will probably take some heat for this, but I've been consuming raw eggs, approximately 6 a day for the past 2 years and it's been fantastic.

I've noticed that the concept of eating raw eggs has come back more into the mainstream (okay, relative mainstream) with the so-called "Raw Egg Nationalist" even being featured on Tucker Carlson's "The End of Men" documentary, so I figured I'd take a consensus on everyone's opinion here on the practice.

Before you start shaking your head and talking about the bioavailability of protein, Tucker Carlson, and the cherry-picking of studies please see my points/opinions below.

Honestly, I'm not looking for a political debate, just a civil discussion with everyone's thoughts on the consumption of raw eggs. For, or against, and why.

Here's my brief points on the subject:

-Salmonella infection isn't as big of a deal as it's out made to be, IF and only IF, your eggs are sourced from a clean and hygienic facility. I live in a very rural area, and for about a year purchased all my farm fresh, organic, non-soy, non-corn fed, completely free-range chicken eggs from local Amish farmers. I never had an issue despite eating approximately 2,200 raw eggs per year, only with raw milk (that's a another thread altogether). However, I soon realized that I was spending to much money on eggs, so I actually ended up purchasing and raising my own chickens, and it's a been a fun, family oriented experience, which has actually saved me a bunch of money in the long-term.

Obviously, factory farmed, mass produced "Wal-Mart" type eggs shouldn't be consumed raw as the food processing facilities, and safety practices, are disgusting and atrocious, and I actually feel bad for how poorly the animals are treated. I'm not a hippie by any meaning of the word, but how a people and country treats animals, from my humble opinion, is a huge reflection on said people and/or nation. According to this study, out of the 69 billion eggs produced each year, an estimated average of 0.000959% resulted in human illness. I'd wager that most of the cases of illness were from very unhygienic facilities with poor food handling processes (paraphrase).

-The old trope that the cooking of eggs increases the bioavailability of protein is being dispelled (okay, reviews and studies on this are mixed). From my understanding, and science guys please correct me if I'm wrong, but a lot of the notions surrounding the bioavailability of cooked eggs being superior to raw eggs comes from this study from 1998 and some more current, contemporary research has contradicted this. For instance, this study from 2017 which concludes that heating egg whites (the major source of protein in any egg) has no effect on net protein utilization. Or this study from August of 2022 which writes that the consumption of raw eggs, post-exercise as "...opposed to boiled, eggs attenuates the postprandial rise in circulating essential amino acid concentrations"; implying there is some benefit. Being transparent, the study also declared that "post-exercise muscle protein synthesis rates do not differ after ingestion of 5 raw versus 5 boiled eggs in healthy young men."

-Then there is the notion that dietary cholesterol will kill you, and this is a notion that just won't seem to die in popular mainstream, or even the medical community. As this 2018 study (and numerous other studies show, search PubMed), although "Cardiovascular disease (CVD) is the leading cause of death in the United States. For years, dietary cholesterol was implicated in increasing blood cholesterol levels leading to the elevated risk of CVD. To date, extensive research did not show evidence to support a role of dietary cholesterol in the development of CVD."

In short, eggs and in relation to increased "bad" cholesterol levels, a great deal of more contemporary research posits that eggs "...exert a relatively small effect on serum LDL-cholesterol and CVD risk, in comparison with other diet and lifestyle factors." I've always lived by the notion that cholesterol is the building block of testosterone, so I've always consumed a lot of eggs.

Anecdotally speaking, my cholesterol values were "just fine" (as per my Doc and blood work, i.e., they were within range for a 36 year old male in good shape) prior to my incorporation and consumption of raw eggs into my diet circa 2020. However, my cholesterol levels, and blood triglyceride levels have actually improved over the past 2 years, specifically my HDL levels have increased, while my LDL levels have decreased, as have my overall blood triglyceride levels. Obviously, other factors come into play, like I've decreased alcohol consumption to once per week, and I've been more strict on my diet and training regime, but my main point being that eating at least 6 raw eggs a day, and oftentimes, 6-8 whole cooked eggs on top of that, daily for my first or second meal, hasn't negatively effected my cholesterol levels.

-There are some downsides, like the anti-nutrients in raw egg whites, like avidin and trypsin inhibitors, which inhibit the absorption of biotin, one of the B vitamins. On occasion, usually twice a week, I'll just consume raw egg yolks, and I also supplement with injectable vitamin B, and glycine to counteract any potential micronutrient downfalls, but to date my hair and nails have been better (anecdotally speaking from my observation) than they were prior to my eating of raw eggs.

-And last observation, I actually followed the great Vince Gironda's "Hormone Precursor Diet" last year, eating 36 raw eggs a day, and two meals with approximately 0.50 - 1.0 lb of meat and veggies per day, and had some tremendous, steroid cycle like gains. Obviously, the gains would be comparable to a mild cycle, like epiandrosterone, but I was able to lose weight, and actually gain strength while eating extremely low carb. I actually felt great, but it wasn't something I would do long-term (Vince did not recommend this either).

I know that Vince Gironda is a bit of a controversial figure in bodybuilding & fitness circles because of some his ideas, and personality (like calling Arnold Schwarzenegger a "fat fu*k" to his face, then eventually helping to train him), but his diet worked for me, personally.

Please let the flaming being!

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Salmonella comes from the shell of the egg not the raw inside of the egg, salmonella is not really a risk with eating raw eggs like people believe it is, when I'm in a rush and I want extra calories I often will throw raw eggs in a shake, I've done it many times before over the years and never had an issue and I've gone periods of time having between 6 and a dozen raw eggs per day everyday.

With that being said, I have never found a single benefit to eating them raw overcooking them other than the fact that you can drink them faster but supposedly the bioavailability is much less when they're raw so you're not doing yourself any favors. If you enjoy eating raw eggs and you think it's working for you then have at it. Your probably not hurting anything and your probably not helping anything. But the placebo effect is very real and if you believe something is working it does work many times.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Also consuming raw eggs is not comparable to any cycle in any way shape or form that is pure nonsense and while Vince was an icon in his day, his methods didn't get forgotten they just stopped being used because they don't work better than anything else they can fall into the category with fad diets

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Also for further notice, even though I read your post most people here do not have the patience to read a post that long so you're not going to get many people reading your post in detail they're going to open the thread read your first couple sentences and then respond. Might want to make your post a little bit shorter.

We're living in a modern world where people's attention spans are about as long as a stick of gum

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Also for further notice, even though I read your post most people here do not have the patience to read a post that long so you're not going to get many people reading your post in detail they're going to open the thread read your first couple sentences and then respond. Might want to make your post a little bit shorter.

We're living in a modern world where people's attention spans are about as long as a stick of gum
Not sure what you wrote above, but yes attention spans are short

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I had always read that eating egg whites raw was an issue with bioavailability but that once the yoke is involved the bioavailability comes back up. I forgot the exact micronutrient that causes that but that was my understanding that the yolks make the whites more bioavailable but without them you need the heat to denature the protein in them to get things going.

From what it sounds like at twice a week I am sure it isn't much of an issue anyway.

Brocodeout69

Brocodeout69

Awards
Also consuming raw eggs is not comparable to any cycle in any way shape or form that is pure nonsense and while Vince was an icon in his day, his methods didn't get forgotten they just stopped being used because they don't work better than anything else they can fall into the category with fad diets

Sure, I get it. I was actually an AM member back around 2006 for over a decade, when AM and Nutra were one. I'm relatively new to the NEW AM

Just lost my password and the email associated with said account, thus the new account. Things were very different. Derp.

TL;DR-

-My whole, long post boiled down to the "bioavailability" issue with protein is being disputed and studies are starting to contradict this. Cooking eggs MAY increase the digestibility and its associated nutritional, nutraceutical, and protein availability, or it may not. The science is changing (as it should).

-Cooking the yolks destroys the bioaccessibility of a number of vitamins, lipids, micronutrients, and some bioactive (antioxydant) molecules.

-Eggs and steroids. Before steroids were used to treat burn victims, they used eggs to facilitate healing. Scientific articles may not work here like they used to, so here's an article from T-Nation. Scientific details are in the references. You can look up the old treatment studies using eggs for burn victims, should you be inclined. Related, eggs facilitate the induction of mTOR colocalization to the lysosomes during recovery from resistance exercise. Arachidonic acid and all that jazz.

-Dietary cholesterol doesn't really affect a person's total cholesterol levels.

-Salmonella is rare, particularly with eggs from a trusted, hygienic source.

Hopefully no one was killed reading this, or died of old age. Cheers!

Last edited:
Brocodeout69

Brocodeout69

Awards
Rarely

@DR.D
Times they are changing. Looks like a lot of guys just stopped posting (UnrealMachine, MrCooper, JayHawkk) were banned (Tbone), or were knowledgeable board sponsors who now aren't sponsors.

Also, when did Nutra go bad?

I'm guessing Dinoii, an actual Doctor, isn't here either?

Last edited:
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Times they are changing. Looks like a lot of guys just stopped posting (UnrealMachine, MrCooper, JayHawkk) were banned (Tbone), or were knowledgeable board sponsors who now aren't sponsors.

Also, when did Nutra go bad?

I'm guessing Dinoii, an actual Doctor, isn't here either?
A lot of the OG's aren't here or posting anymore but you will find plenty others who know their stuff. This might not be their cup of tea so they aren't reading or responding.

Brocodeout69

Brocodeout69

Awards
A lot of the OG's aren't here or posting anymore but you will find plenty others who know their stuff. This might not be their cup of tea so they aren't reading or responding.
Oh most definitely. Lots of good info here still.

Was just surprised that a page thread was labeled too long to read lol. I remember guys going into long philosophical discussions about different training methodologies in the day. Or 10 page discussions on the biochemical reactions of different supplements.

Glad to see your still here @MrKleen73!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You will see lots of long posts, just they tend to be on juicier subjects that get more traction. Such a small fraction of people have any interest in consuming raw eggs, and then even smaller that understand the whole bioavailability angle because most are turned off by the idea of raw eggs at all. So reading a long post about them isn't as likely as 19 Nors and HPTA recovery or something.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You will see lots of long posts, just they tend to be on juicier subjects that get more traction. Such a small fraction of people have any interest in consuming raw eggs, and then even smaller that understand the whole bioavailability angle because most are turned off by the idea of raw eggs at all. So reading a long post about them isn't as likely as 19 Nors and HPTA recovery or something.
Or a product named "HUNG"

Brocodeout69

Brocodeout69

Awards
Interesting point, forum demographics perhaps.

Check out "Raw Egg Nationalism," regardless of political affiliation. It's a growing movement of lifters and fitness oriented people interested in old school bodybuilding wisdom and the living of more "masculine," traditional lifestyles.

They just had a big documentary on Fox's Tucker Carlson called "The End of Men." Interesting stuff on declining testosterone and fertility levels. Lots of alternative health advice: red light therapy on your junk, icing your junk, blowing up seed oils with machine guns (lol).

The guy "Raw Egg Nationalist" has over 100k Twitter followers (whatever the hell that means). I actually checked out his book, "The Eggs Benedict Option" on the need for regenerative farming for a better food supply, and healthier, stronger men and women, and it was pretty interesting.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I haven't read one of his posts in so long. Dude had lots of info for sure.
I'm not acting like I know more then him because I know he's very knowledgeable, but that whole Dr. D pulse method is what most people remember him for and that was terrible advice for someone who's not on hormone replacement therapy. It was a poor way to use harsh orals, the the plan was to get like 50% of the gains and only 50% of the shutdown and side effects or something like that but in reality you got like 25% of the gains with worst side effects and a hormonal rollercoaster to deal with.

Now if your on trt or on a cycle, pulsing orals is a great way to bust through sticking points

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Now that your here I got a question. Sorry if I'm derailing the thread I can pm him, but where did the idea for pulsing orals only cycles come from

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I'm not acting like I know more then him because I know he's very knowledgeable, but that whole Dr. D pulse method is what most people remember him for and that was terrible advice for someone who's not on hormone replacement therapy. It was a poor way to use harsh orals, the the plan was to get like 50% of the gains and only 50% of the shutdown and side effects or something like that but in reality you got like 25% of the gains with worst side effects and a hormonal rollercoaster to deal with.

Now if your on trt or on a cycle, pulsing orals is a great way to bust through sticking points
DR.D was known for a few other things too. Like the one who developed SD, Epi, Phera, 6-Br, etc.., and made Fenugreek popular, and Nettle Root (which is still the only SHBG modulator that actually works OTC) and the first to endorse Torem over Nolva and Clomd. And a few other things too, like using T4 over T3. But all those things were equally criticized like Pulsing, and that's just how it goes, lol.

I've noticed that you're an exceptional member here, Smont, and deliver consistently good advice. But consider that I was probably already cycling when you were still in diapers, so maybe I have a trick or two up my sleeve you haven't thought of or experienced yet. :)

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
DR.D was known for a few other things too. Like the one who developed SD, Epi, Phera, 6-Br, etc.., and made Fenugreek popular, and Nettle Root (which is still the only SHBG modulator that actually works OTC) and the first to endorse Torem over Nolva and Clomd. And a few other things too, like using T4 over T3. But all those things were equally criticized like Pulsing, and that's just how it goes, lol.

I've noticed that you're an exceptional member here, Smont, and deliver consistently good advice. But consider that I was probably already cycling when you were still in diapers, so maybe I have a trick or two up my sleeve you haven't thought of or experienced yet. :)
There's no need to be defensive bud I wasn't attacking you. I wasn't discrediting anything you've done, I just know that a lot of people here only remember the doctor d Pulse method and don't remember a lot of the other stuff that you did. If you took a pole here and asked people what they remember most about Dr d I guarantee you would be over 90% of them saying the post method.

I was just drawing attention to what sticks out.

I also had a feeling if I made a comment about that you would respond so it worked lol.

I actually didn't know many of those things myself. And I'm sure pretty much anything I said 10 years ago would be criticized right now, by myself lol

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
And I'm also well aware that you know more than I do so you don't have to think I'm taking a stab at you because I'm not. And if you do got any new stuff you'd like to share I'm all ears!

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
There's no need to be defensive bud I wasn't attacking you. I wasn't discrediting anything you've done, I just know that a lot of people here only remember the doctor d Pulse method and don't remember a lot of the other stuff that you did. If you took a pole here and asked people what they remember most about Dr d I guarantee you would be over 90% of them saying the post method.

I was just drawing attention to what sticks out.

I also had a feeling if I made a comment about that you would respond so it worked lol.

I actually didn't know many of those things myself. And I'm sure pretty much anything I said 10 years ago would be criticized right now, by myself lol
It's all good, I'm not being defensive! I have total respect for guys like you and Kleen, who clearly know your sh!t, and i try to leave my ego out of the equation as best as any human can.

Too many guys here turn into reps and forget the original motto of this board. 'Learn, teach, lead...' (or something to that effect) as a true brotherhood of like-minded athletes, not just shills pimping the board sponsors.

Anyway, you seem sincere to me Smont, so even if our opinions differ I still honor your critique! Steel shapens steel, my friend, so never forsake honest criticism. And kudos to you for keeping the topics at AM competitive.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It's all good, I'm not being defensive! I have total respect for guys like you and Kleen, who clearly know your sh!t, and i try to leave my ego out of the equation as best as any human can.

Too many guys here turn into reps and forget the original motto of this board. 'Learn, teach, lead...' (or something to that effect) as a true brotherhood of like-minded athletes, not just shills pimping the board sponsors.

Anyway, you seem sincere to me Smont, so even if our opinions differ I still honor your critique! Steel shapens steel, my friend, so never forsake honest criticism. And kudos to you for keeping the topics at AM competitive.
Yep, it's ok to disagree on stuff. I do have a habit of sounding condescending through messages so I just wanna make sure I wasn't offending or at least try to reinforce that I didn't mean any harm.

At the end of the day learning is really all I care about, learning about this stuff that they can't teach you in school or in some bullshit study. I personally had a bad experience trying to pulse orals when I was 24/25 so I guess I could be a little biased.

But anytime you got something to share/teach or bullshit about I'm all ears.

The amount of knowledgeable ppl on this board has dwindled over the years

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
T

Thanks for the shout out and also how true this has become. I remember when I first got into repping it was about educating the people about products and ingredients. Helping them reach their goals and of course getting them to buy what we were selling. However after a while it got more about pushing product and sensationalizing results by picking people who were primed to have awesome results regardless of supplementation. Got a bulker, find someone at the end of a cut they are sure to add rebound weight. Got a diet pill find someone who is either overweight enough to lose easily regardless or someone detail oriented that just needs a few lbs to have abs showing. Tada it was our product. NOPE!

So finally I stopped repping even the free product couldn't outweigh my integrity. Best place I did rep for was Orbit Nutrition because I only had to rep what I thought was good out of what they sold. However even that changed and got a bit absurd and pushy at one point so I stopped.

That being said, not all reps or companies are the same though @Smont reps and is far from intrusive or salesman like. The SNS team does a great job keeping things legit IMHO too.

For what it is worth, I did run a few pulses, my liver values and lack of back / calve pumps were better from it for sure. However I did get shut down a bit but it also seemed to come back for me decently with just an OTC PCT. I do like pulsing much better on TRT for sure.

Brocodeout69

Brocodeout69

Awards

Dr.D was and is still the man. I remember reading your posts, and interacting with you guys back in the early days of AM, under a different screen name, now lost, and lot's of information was gained, much of it that I still use today. You actually popularized a lot more than you give yourself credit for my friend!

The reason I brought up Dr.D. and referenced other OG AM members, was because I was shocked that my threads length was apparently overly lengthy. I remember, and a quick search will illustrate this, that huge debates on different training methodologies, different supplement and pharmaceutical protocols, and in-depth scientific, and empirical, discussions on different biochemical and physiological methods of action was the norm.

I should articulate this better, it wasn't only the norm, it was what made AnabolicMinds the premier discussion forum on the internet for all things physical fitness, exercise and health related. I ended up leaving the forum circa 2015 because of the supplement brand repping and shilling, which quite frankly, became ridiculous. As Mr.Kleen highlighted in his post about reps picking the right individual, to pimp out the right product, at the perfect time, for a positive review that let's be honest, wasn't all that genuine.

I didn't stop lifting, or taking anabolics, or researching, I just didn't do so here. However, now that I'm back, and reborn (lol) under a new screen name, I'm more than happy to see folks like Smont and Mr.Kleen carrying on the tradition of giving out great advice on a sundry of topics.

Dr.D, the contemporary phenomenon of Raw Egg Nationalism aside, I've been slonking raw eggs for over a decade, but for 2 years on a daily basis, as well, and I'm of the opinion that the science on the bioavailability of protein, the myriad of nutrients gleaned from an uncooked yolk, and amino acid concentrations, is far from a settled science with regards to raw eggs.

From a purely anecdotal perspective, I feel better eating raw eggs, usually with a scoop of protein and some raw milk/or raw kefir, than I do eating cooked eggs, so I'll continue to do so.

Old School bodybuilders, from back in the day before the use of anabolics used to consume raw eggs, and their physiques, again without the use of exogenous hormones, were very, very impressive.

Brocodeout69

Brocodeout69

Awards
Yep, it's ok to disagree on stuff. I do have a habit of sounding condescending through messages so I just wanna make sure I wasn't offending or at least try to reinforce that I didn't mean any harm.

At the end of the day learning is really all I care about, learning about this stuff that they can't teach you in school or in some bullshit study. I personally had a bad experience trying to pulse orals when I was 24/25 so I guess I could be a little biased.

But anytime you got something to share/teach or bullshit about I'm all ears.

The amount of knowledgeable ppl on this board has dwindled over the years
That was my initial point Smont. There are still quite a few knowledge folks, like yourself, but the quantity has definitely decreased dramatically over the past decade or so.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It's like winning powerlifting competition because you were the only guy in your weight class

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It's like winning powerlifting competition because you were the only guy in your weight class
But what if you also break a world record there? :p

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
But what if you also break a world record there? :p
Yeah I'm not breaking any world records with a 360 lb bench lol.

I will say this though, when I competed last weekend I came in second place but I beat my old previous best by 7 lb while my body weight was 23 lb lighter. So I set a me record, I know guys that bench press a lot more than me but I feel pretty damn good putting up 360 at 198 lb.

I guess it's all how you look at it

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah I'm not breaking any world records with a 360 lb bench lol.

I will say this though, when I competed last weekend I came in second place but I beat my old previous best by 7 lb while my body weight was 23 lb lighter. So I set a me record, I know guys that bench press a lot more than me but I feel pretty damn good putting up 360 at 198 lb.

I guess it's all how you look at it
I’m sure you aren’t even close to satisfied, but that’s solid! You’re closing on double body weight.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
T

Thanks for the shout out and also how true this has become. I remember when I first got into repping it was about educating the people about products and ingredients. Helping them reach their goals and of course getting them to buy what we were selling. However after a while it got more about pushing product and sensationalizing results by picking people who were primed to have awesome results regardless of supplementation. Got a bulker, find someone at the end of a cut they are sure to add rebound weight. Got a diet pill find someone who is either overweight enough to lose easily regardless or someone detail oriented that just needs a few lbs to have abs showing. Tada it was our product. NOPE!

So finally I stopped repping even the free product couldn't outweigh my integrity. Best place I did rep for was Orbit Nutrition because I only had to rep what I thought was good out of what they sold. However even that changed and got a bit absurd and pushy at one point so I stopped.

That being said, not all reps or companies are the same though @Smont reps and is far from intrusive or salesman like. The SNS team does a great job keeping things legit IMHO too.

For what it is worth, I did run a few pulses, my liver values and lack of back / calve pumps were better from it for sure. However I did get shut down a bit but it also seemed to come back for me decently with just an OTC PCT. I do like pulsing much better on TRT for sure.
Thanks, I try my best to let ppl know I rep without trying to push something at them. I usually wait till ppl to tag me or someone has a problem specific to a particular product.

Or il just slap my makeshift rep flyer into a thread and flex on em💪 lol, I should probably be more agressive tho. I try to talk ppl out of stuff sometimes 🤣

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Dr.D was and is still the man. I remember reading your posts, and interacting with you guys back in the early days of AM, under a different screen name, now lost, and lot's of information was gained, much of it that I still use today. You actually popularized a lot more than you give yourself credit for my friend!

The reason I brought up Dr.D. and referenced other OG AM members, was because I was shocked that my threads length was apparently overly lengthy. I remember, and a quick search will illustrate this, that huge debates on different training methodologies, different supplement and pharmaceutical protocols, and in-depth scientific, and empirical, discussions on different biochemical and physiological methods of action was the norm.

I should articulate this better, it wasn't only the norm, it was what made AnabolicMinds the premier discussion forum on the internet for all things physical fitness, exercise and health related. I ended up leaving the forum circa 2015 because of the supplement brand repping and shilling, which quite frankly, became ridiculous. As Mr.Kleen highlighted in his post about reps picking the right individual, to pimp out the right product, at the perfect time, for a positive review that let's be honest, wasn't all that genuine.

I didn't stop lifting, or taking anabolics, or researching, I just didn't do so here. However, now that I'm back, and reborn (lol) under a new screen name, I'm more than happy to see folks like Smont and Mr.Kleen carrying on the tradition of giving out great advice on a sundry of topics.

Dr.D, the contemporary phenomenon of Raw Egg Nationalism aside, I've been slonking raw eggs for over a decade, but for 2 years on a daily basis, as well, and I'm of the opinion that the science on the bioavailability of protein, the myriad of nutrients gleaned from an uncooked yolk, and amino acid concentrations, is far from a settled science with regards to raw eggs.

From a purely anecdotal perspective, I feel better eating raw eggs, usually with a scoop of protein and some raw milk/or raw kefir, than I do eating cooked eggs, so I'll continue to do so.

Old School bodybuilders, from back in the day before the use of anabolics used to consume raw eggs, and their physiques, again without the use of exogenous hormones, were very, very impressive.
This is what today's society has come to, that it's not that your post was too long, it was very descriptive and detailed. But we live in a world now where everybody wants everything yesterday. I've had people ask questions and I spend a lot of time giving them an in-depth detailed response and they literally respond back with, too long didn't read.

Like you little ungrateful f****** piece of s***, I just spent 20 f****** minutes giving you every ounce of information I could to help your problem and you don't want it because you have to sit down and read it . It's insanity.

There's certain guys I like watching on YouTube and I get excited when they come out with a video that's 20 or 30 or 40min or an hour long.

And then you'll see people complaining where are the time stamps, can you please make sure the videos. People want one word answers to their questions and they want answers that agree with what they already think. I'm getting off on a tangent right now and I'm like sweating thinking about this because it irritates me so much 😂😂😂.

So to deal with all the snowflakes and whiny little b******, I try to respond now with one to two short paragraphs tops, if I start a new thread I make my opening paragraph less then 10 lines long and then I'll wait a little while and make a second post and add some more information.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This is what today's society has come to, that it's not that your post was too long, it was very descriptive and detailed. But we live in a world now where everybody wants everything yesterday. I've had people ask questions and I spend a lot of time giving them an in-depth detailed response and they literally respond back with, too long didn't read.

Like you little ungrateful f****** piece of s***, I just spent 20 f****** minutes giving you every ounce of information I could to help your problem and you don't want it because you have to sit down and read it . It's insanity.

There's certain guys I like watching on YouTube and I get excited when they come out with a video that's 20 or 30 or 40min or an hour long.

And then you'll see people complaining where are the time stamps, can you please make sure the videos. People want one word answers to their questions and they want answers that agree with what they already think. I'm getting off on a tangent right now and I'm like sweating thinking about this because it irritates me so much 😂😂😂.

So to deal with all the snowflakes and whiny little b******, I try to respond now with one to two short paragraphs tops, if I start a new thread I make my opening paragraph less then 10 lines long and then I'll wait a little while and make a second post and add some more information.
@Smont I totally get the frustration but for every asshat that says too long won't read there are 10 other people who read all of it and appreciate the info. When you, or @Hyde or anyone who is in the know posts a long post I am very happy to see it. Forget those short sighted phucks!

Brocodeout69

Brocodeout69

Awards

Thanks for the detailed reply Smont and I get your point.

To be clear, I wasn't singling you out, per se, I was more shocked by your implication the forum had degenerated to the point that essentially big words and paragraphs hurt the apparently shrinking 21st human brain (that was a joke, but I'm sure you take my point).

I work with younger folks, in a leadership capacity, so I agree with perspective on things. However, I guess I'm not concerned with the opinions, participation or lack of, by people not interested in an intellectually stimulating dialogue. For example, my initial post wasnt a question asking "should I eat raw eggs?" It was a post calling for a civil, and one would hope, interesting discussion, on what said respondent thinks about the topic.

My perspective is probably biased as well. I'm the CFO for a fairly large organization, so by nature of the world, and the hierarchy implicit to it, people are forced to listen and engage with me at the professional level.

I could, and maybe should tone it down, but I say fu*k'em. If you don't have the time to spend 2 minutes reading something, and another minute formulating an opinion, or are intellectually incapable of or disinclined to do so, than I don't want that opinion because it'll probably be junk anyway.

Smont, to be clear, this isn't a dig on you. Like I said I appreciate your response, and your overall contribution to AM. You're an asset and a gentleman, and this forum would be much better off with more folks like you.

Last thing, I challenge any punk keyboard warrior to say anything like "tl;dr" to nearly anyone who posts to this forum regularly, in real life, as I'm sure that they'd be regretting that pretty quickly!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Thanks for the detailed reply Smont and I get your point.

To be clear, I wasn't singling you out, per se, I was more shocked by your implication the forum had degenerated to the point that essentially big words and paragraphs hurt the apparently shrinking 21st human brain (that was a joke, but I'm sure you take my point).

I work with younger folks, in a leadership capacity, so I agree with perspective on things. However, I guess I'm not concerned with the opinions, participation or lack of, by people not interested in an intellectually stimulating dialogue. For example, my initial post wasnt a question asking "should I eat raw eggs?" It was a post calling for a civil, and one would hope, interesting discussion, on what said respondent thinks about the topic.

My perspective is probably biased as well. I'm the CFO for a fairly large organization, so by nature of the world, and the hierarchy implicit to it, people are forced to listen and engage with me at the professional level.

I could, and maybe should tone it down, but I say fu*k'em. If you don't have the time to spend 2 minutes reading something, and another minute formulating an opinion, or are intellectually incapable of or disinclined to do so, than I don't want that opinion because it'll probably be junk anyway.

Smont, to be clear, this isn't a dig on you. Like I said I appreciate your response, and your overall contribution to AM. You're an asset and a gentleman, and this forum would be much better off with more folks like you.

Last thing, I challenge any punk keyboard warrior to say anything like "tl;dr" to nearly anyone who posts to this forum regularly, in real life, as I'm sure that they'd be regretting that pretty quickly!
That was too long, my head hurts now. Send me the cliff notes..... 😆

Brocodeout69

Brocodeout69

Awards
@Smont I totally get the frustration but for every asshat that says too long won't read there are 10 other people who read all of it and appreciate the info. When you, or @Hyde or anyone who is in the know posts a long post I am very happy to see it. Forget those short sighted phucks!
100% @MrKleen73. I've literally been reading through @Smont & @Hyde threads on l-carnitine injections the past week, and appreciate the science, insight and personal observations. It's helped my protocol tremendously.