Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What are monstermini's?

Good luck to your wife in the comp!
They’re on sale for 40% off today, that’s what!

Lol the next size of band after minis, before lights. They’re probably about 40-50% more tension.

Thank you guys!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on the PR's!

Good luck to the wife and enjoy your trip!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Alright gang, wife made weight no problem yesterday (had to get under 148.4). Nice day relaxing and eating with friends & she was going to bed at 155.8 last night.

Now it’s go time - shakers are full, the gym bag is loaded, and it’s off to Nationals for the wife to throw down! Should be a great fun day, so cross your fingers for us

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Alright gang, wife made weight no problem yesterday (had to get under 148.4). Nice day relaxing and eating with friends & she was going to bed at 155.8 last night.

Now it’s go time - shakers are full, the gym bag is loaded, and it’s off to Nationals for the wife to throw down! Should be a great fun day, so cross your fingers for us
Good luck to the wife!! Safe travels for you guys!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hoping she gets some great personal bests!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome, will any of it be televised or streamable? Would love to see some of her lifts.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome, will any of it be televised or streamable? Would love to see some of her lifts.
Here is the full livestream recording:

If you jump to 28:37, my wife comes onto the field in the bottom right camera for the first event - the circus db press (her pet lift she went for the ATWR last year). She hits the 90lb db for NINE reps in a minute. Of the 4 other women, only a single one managed a single rep. The rest zeroed!

Wow, amazing stuff! Big congrats to her - and to you too - as I'm sure the support you give throughout is significant.
It takes a village to operate at the highest level, but that’s what produces the best results. Family, friends, fans, doctors, coaches - it doesn’t hurt to have me in her corner either

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Here is the full livestream recording:

If you jump to 28:37, my wife comes onto the field in the bottom right camera for the first event - the circus db press (her pet lift she went for the ATWR last year). She hits the 90lb db for NINE reps in a minute. Of the 4 other women, only a single one managed a single rep. The rest zeroed!

It takes a village to operate at the highest level, but that’s what produces the best results. Family, friends, fans, doctors, coaches - it doesn’t hurt to have me in her corner either
She absolutely smoked that circus db press!!!! What a beast!!!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
6/10/24
BW 247.8

Cat Camel
Bird Dogs
Hip Stretches
Side Planks
BW Squats

RFE DB Split Squat
30,60,90,110x10 (total weight)

Hacksquat
230,270,320x8

GHR
2x15

GHD Sit-ups
2x12

Good Girls
50,70,90x15

Hoist Cable Legpress
300,340x20

No training in Denver this weekend; just wanted to focus on supporting my wife & then enjoying the victory experience. We both took today off work to spend time with our son since we’d been gone 3 days, so I got a nice leg session in during his nap. Seeing everything creeping up! I had been considering raising my gear, but no reason to adjust what is obviously still working well.

I was also amazed how much easier the GHD sit-ups were since last time I tried them; I surely had neglected direct core training too much for too long before the back injury. I haven’t even been training this movement, and my recent rehab stuff alone has taken brutal sets of 8 back to easy 12s.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
doesn’t hurt to have me in her corner either
There is honestly probably a lot of truth to this! since she is a competitive person and she sees your training and strength you are likely setting the bar much higher for her to push herself compared to if she was only training with 150lb women. That's a great asset for an athlete.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the video, she killed that lift! I bet the day off with Lil Man was awesome! I have been thinking lately how blessed i am to have 2 of my adult children living at home and one pays rent, and the other is 6 months away from kicking in on bills too. Neither of them really have plans to leave soon. Once upon a time I thought they needed to be gone by 18. Now I consider it a blessing to have access to them every day, and to love on them and enjoy them. Plus like I said, they be kicking in so they are also an integral part of the family finances. Anyway, just musing on how awesome it is to have kids around even if they aren't kids any more.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
There is honestly probably a lot of truth to this! since she is a competitive person and she sees your training and strength you are likely setting the bar much higher for her to push herself compared to if she was only training with 150lb women. That's a great asset for an athlete.
It is good for both of us, having someone who is both very supportive and also very educated about what is really out there in the world of strength. Someone who will help you keep your standards high & believe more in yourself.

But from my end, I think the big thing I offer beyond being an encouraging husband or fellow lifter even is my specific knowledge of competitive supplements, PEDs, water manipulation, hydration, and so on. I am really proud of the way I am able to help her cut weight, reload/rehydrate, manage things like diarrhea, nausea, game day hydration/body temp, timing warmups & PEDs, and especially blood sugar/energy - plus arousal curve & mindset.

I run around all day with a bag full of 10 different types of pills, shakers of fluid, etc helping decide what to eat when, reminding her what equipment she’ll need to swap to next, helping decide when to take a last piss even. We’ve really got the science of it all down to an art.

Her coach is there to tell her what to do technically, and offer another voice of support. I let him program & coach, and it just works very well that way. I am her handler - I help manage her physical and emotional readiness.

Thanks for the video, she killed that lift! I bet the day off with Lil Man was awesome! I have been thinking lately how blessed i am to have 2 of my adult children living at home and one pays rent, and the other is 6 months away from kicking in on bills too. Neither of them really have plans to leave soon. Once upon a time I thought they needed to be gone by 18. Now I consider it a blessing to have access to them every day, and to love on them and enjoy them. Plus like I said, they be kicking in so they are also an integral part of the family finances. Anyway, just musing on how awesome it is to have kids around even if they aren't kids any more.
My stepdaughter just turned 23 and we love having her still here. She is a big help with my son, and they love one another so much. It is a very good dynamic, so I will be very sad the day she finally moves out - she knows we’d like her to stay as long as she does.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
6/11/24

Band Pullaparts, Flyes, Tris, Presses, Rows
Couch, Pigeon stretch on bench
Cat Camels

Bench
45x10,5
135x5
185,235x3
270x1
290 4x3, 1x8

1-Boardpress
240 2x12

DB Hammercurls
30,35x12

CS Incline DB Rear Delt Flyes
25 2x12

Bench still creeping back up, slowly but surely. Love it when weights that should be very manageable feel that way, instead of like a million pounds. Today it felt lighter.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It is good for both of us, having someone who is both very supportive and also very educated about what is really out there in the world of strength. Someone who will help you keep your standards high & believe more in yourself.
Amen to that! My ex may be my ex for a reason but when we competed together it was still fun and we found ways to equal the playing ground to compete and push each other with little things, like max rep bodyweight squats etc etc.

But from my end, I think the big thing I offer beyond being an encouraging husband or fellow lifter even is my specific knowledge of competitive supplements, PEDs, water manipulation, hydration, and so on.
that is seriously worth it's weight in gold. I've come to the point that I don't really trust anyone on a lot of those topics so I lean heavily on what I can grasp from you guys here. You, Kleen, Resolve, are like scientists to me in application and obviously Steve with his knowledge of industry ingredients, sourcing, etc.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome to see that bench moving back up. Things are looking good!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
6/12/24
BW 246.6

Bird Dogs
Cat Camel
Hip stretch
Leg Swings
BW Squat

Squat to 16” box, Transformer lowbar
55,165,275x6
341x3
+40 chain
341 4x3

3” Hi Handle Trapbar, beltless
55,145,235,325,355,375,385x6

KB Sumo Deadlift
35,70x10
106 2x15

Hatfield Extensions
2x20

Anabolic66

Anabolic66

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
My stepdaughter just turned 23 and we love having her still here. She is a big help with my son, and they love one another so much. It is a very good dynamic, so I will be very sad the day she finally moves out - she knows we’d like her to stay as long as she does.
Both of my girls are still at home (ages 29 and 26). The oldest is engaged and her fiancé is here with us as well.
Sweetheart of a kid.
We told them to stay as long as they like, young couples trying to buy a house today is pure insanity.

Seems average price for a decent price around here is like 700K... Sad...

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
6/14/24
BW 245.0 yesterday

Cat Camels
Bird Dogs
Hip & low back stretches

Band Rear Delts, Lats, Tris, Presses, Flyes
Couch & pigeon stretch on bench
Explosive Pushups

Widegrip Bench
45,95,135,175x15
215x25 PR
220x24 PR (failed 25th)

DB Rolling Tri Ext
30x12
55 2x10

Band Pullaparts
Monstermini 3x35

One-arm Cable Tri Pressdown
20 4x25 overhand

25th rep of 220 got about 3/4 of the way up, but I hit the wall hard & widegrip just has no leverage for the triceps/lockout. Anyway, can’t complain about 2 new rep PRs!

This was one of those sessions where everything on me felt very stiff/creaky, the gym was humid & almost empty, and motivation was low - but I was there, and I did what needed doing successfully.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
6/14/24
BW 245.0 yesterday

Cat Camels
Bird Dogs
Hip & low back stretches

Band Rear Delts, Lats, Tris, Presses, Flyes
Couch & pigeon stretch on bench
Explosive Pushups

Widegrip Bench
45,95,135,175x15
215x25 PR
220x24 PR (failed 25th)

DB Rolling Tri Ext
30x12
55 2x10

Band Pullaparts
Monstermini 3x35

One-arm Cable Tri Pressdown
20 4x25 overhand

25th rep of 220 got about 3/4 of the way up, but I hit the wall hard & widegrip just has no leverage for the triceps/lockout. Anyway, can’t complain about 2 new rep PRs!

This was one of those sessions where everything on me felt very stiff/creaky, the gym was humid & almost empty, and motivation was low - but I was there, and I did what needed doing successfully.
Congrats on the PRs…..I bet you were burning after that.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
6/16/24

Lat Pulldown
66,110,165x15
209x10+5+3 rest pause

V-grip Chins
4x8

Hoist Mid Row
125x12
205,225,245,265,285x10

Feet-Up 3-sec Eccentric Paused Bench
45,135x12
205x8
255x5

Good Girls
40,80,120,120x12

GHR
3x15

GHD Sit-ups

“Sometimes I do what I want to do - the rest of the time, I do what I have to.”
-Cicero, Gladiator

Happy Father’s Day everyone: I hope today you get to do what you want to do. I know I am!♂🏖

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Also, raising my test by 20mg and Mast by 100mg this week. I will add some DHEA or Preg if I feel too dry, but I have been at 280/200 for some time now.

Test E 300 / Mast E 300 split over M/W/F.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
6/16/24

Lat Pulldown
66,110,165x15
209x10+5+3 rest pause

V-grip Chins
4x8

Hoist Mid Row
125x12
205,225,245,265,285x10

45,135x12
205x8
255x5

Good Girls
40,80,120,120x12

GHR
3x15

GHD Sit-ups

-Cicero, Gladiator

Happy Father’s Day everyone: I hope today you get to do what you want to do. I know I am!♂🏖
That’s some good heavy volume on those rows.

Happy Father’s Day

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
6/16/24

Lat Pulldown
66,110,165x15
209x10+5+3 rest pause

V-grip Chins
4x8

Hoist Mid Row
125x12
205,225,245,265,285x10

45,135x12
205x8
255x5

Good Girls
40,80,120,120x12

GHR
3x15

GHD Sit-ups

-Cicero, Gladiator

Happy Father’s Day everyone: I hope today you get to do what you want to do. I know I am!‍♂🏖
Happy Father’s Day! Sounds like a great day!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
6/18/24

Hip & low back stretches
Band Pullaparts, Flyes, Tris, Presses, Rows

Bench
45x10,5
135x5
185,225,265x3
295 4x3, 1x6+1 assisted

1-Boardpress
245 2x12

DB OHP
20x15
40 3x15

DB Hammercurls
35x1,2,3,4,5,6,7 alternating, run straight thru

CS Incline DB Rear Delt Flyes
30 2x12

Nothing stellar; AMRAP was a little weak but the work sets felt a little stronger this week.

The meet on August 31 got cancelled & is moving all the way to January in Baltimore. Refunds will be issued for anyone who doesn’t want to stay signed up, and promoter has also stated he’ll comp entry into one of his other meets later this year if we want on top of our refund. I’m pretty relieved, because I know I won’t have the performance I’d like in just 10 weeks, so this was great news!

Just want to take my time to train however I can without rushing things with my back.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The meet on August 31 got cancelled & is moving all the way to January in Baltimore. Refunds will be issued for anyone who doesn’t want to stay signed up, and promoter has also stated he’ll comp entry into one of his other meets later this year if we want on top of our refund. I’m pretty relieved, because I know I won’t have the performance I’d like in just 10 weeks, so this was great news!
Baltimore in January doesn't sound like a balmy sun escape but does sound kinda cool!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like a stroke of luck! Nothing like having to go in knowing you can't do your best. Take your time and get that back healed and strong then knock one out of the park. You can make a lot of progress in the process!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
6/19/24 - Day 0
BW247.0

Rough news - went into the gym today to squat, did all my bracing & mobility warmup, and when I casually bent over to pick up a box my back spasmed violently & locked up. Didn’t even reach the box or lift a single weight today, and my back just totally **** the bed.

I have suddenly been dealing with some intermittent nerve pain in my right glute & calf the last week or two, which was hurting during benching yesterday. So things have just been off lately, and it hasn’t really felt like my back has been getting better. Now, yet again I find myself crippled: it’s time for drastic measures.

I’m walking away from lifting for the moment. At least 6 weeks, probably longer. I need to give my spine time to really heal, so that I can start over. This is not something I can push through; this is a problem that needs to be resolved if I’m going to total 1,700. Plan for the moment is to focus on bracing & walking, as well as taking the opportunity to do some serious fasting.

Last edited:
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Damn Hyde, so sorry to hear that! These back issues are definitely ones that linger and hit when we least expect it to - even when we're doing all the right things. Know it must be pretty serious at this point for you to be taking this type of hiatus. Wishing you a speedy recovery...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I hate to hear that, but if anyone here is gong to figure out a way to get back on track it will be you. Your discipline and dedication to the lifestyle is second to none. I hope everything heals up completely for you. I assume you will still be seeing the ART guy for this during that time, which between the rest and soft tissue work I am sure you will get things resolved or at least to a workable point. Keep your head up, and you spirits high.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
shoot man that sucks. I’m glad it didn’t happen with weight on your back though. I think this is a wise decision to pull the plug and get your spine healed and in a good spot to start back again. Keep us updated!