Hyde’s Strength Odyssey

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Glad that the planets seem to be aligned for you. It’s nice when things work out the way they r supposed to and the universe doesn’t keep throwing road blocks at you.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Glad that the planets seem to be aligned for you. It’s nice when things work out the way they r supposed to and the universe doesn’t keep throwing road blocks at you.
Thank you brother. I was reflecting on that as well - is this just me getting lucky? And to that, I think not. I mean, no grief or injury or outstanding concerns afflict me, but life hasn’t been easier in any general way.

I think I am just doing better. Doing what I am supposed to - less luck, more discipline. Nurturing my family, doing my job, and not skimping on what needs done.

“I ask not for a lighter burden, but broader shoulders!”

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You are very welcome Mr. Hyde! Not a believer in coincidence. However I do believe that we create our own destiny. This country provides us with freedom, the rest is up to us. No handouts, it’s earned!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on the 2 new PR's @Hyde! Also as mentioned leaning up while still looking huge, well done!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
2/13/24

Band Pullaparts, Flyes, Presses,Tris
Wall Slides
Banded Floor Angels

Dynamic Bench, power bar
45 3x5
+doubled minibands
45,95,135x5
165,195x3
215,235,255x1
195 4x3

Widegrip Benchpress
135,185,225,245,255x8

DB Tri Extensions
30,40,50x12
60x7 rolling

DB Pec Flyes
50 2x15

Forearm still giving me a lot of elbow pain today, so this session was hard to get through despite being lacking on paper. I’m glad I survived it & glad to have finished this speed wave.

Haven’t done widegrips in 6 months, but it was great to come back to them - I already feel nearly as strong, they don’t bug my elbow, and my shoulder girdle feels much more robust under them now.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thank you brother. I was reflecting on that as well - is this just me getting lucky? And to that, I think not. I mean, no grief or injury or outstanding concerns afflict me, but life hasn’t been easier in any general way.

I think I am just doing better. Doing what I am supposed to - less luck, more discipline. Nurturing my family, doing my job, and not skimping on what needs done.

“I ask not for a lighter burden, but broader shoulders!”
It’s long term adaptation I reckon. You are proof that if you just never quit you WILL get stronger.

Happy for you bro.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
2/14/24

Banded Floor Angels
Wall Slides
Serratus Activations
Pullaparts

KB Suitcase Carries
KB One-leg Deadlifts
BW Squats

14” Boxsquat, Duffalo bar
55 2x5
145,255x3
365x1
+belt
431,485,525,550x1

RDLs, Tex deadlift bar, beltless
135,225,315,365,385x8

Wife is peaking for the Arnold, which means she isn’t training this morning so I was able to. Which also means I have a hard cutoff time for work - ran out of time for accessories I need to find some way to get more isolation/secondary work in routinely, but very pleased with everything I did accomplish.

Got shoulder mobility/rehab in, first time squatting with a straight(ish) bar since fall & was able to get my hands on the knurling, and had excellent intensity on the squats and pulls. I did not want to train hard today, but I did, dammit!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
BW 256.2

Today is an off day; saw my ART guy and he got my elbow fixed up some from overdoing training last Friday. I won’t see him for 2 weeks until the day before we head to the Arnold.

Happy with my ability to maintain my bodyweight lately; energy and training have been so solid at this weight/intake, and I can make basically anything I really want fit calorically at this size. A shake, a couple chicken & rice meals, and a frozen pizza or something random would be the most normal depiction of my diet at the moment

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
2/16/24

Band Pullaparts, Flyes, Presses, Tris, Lats
Wall Slides
Banded Floor Angels
Serratus Activations

Bench, power bar
45 4x5
95,135,185x5
225,265x3
295,315,335,355,365x1
275 5x5

HS CSR
45,90,115,125x15
135 2x12

DB Front Raise
30 2x20

Seated DB Rear Delt Flyes
30x12,12,20

Seated DB Press
30 2x20

Decided to see where I am at on comp bench. Didn’t feel particularly strong or anything, which is exactly why I chose it as my ME lift today - to see what I can bench on any given day right now. May have had another 5-10lbs in me, but I also didn’t really pause, so ~365 is a pretty good training max at the moment.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
2/16/24

Band Pullaparts, Flyes, Presses, Tris, Lats
Wall Slides
Banded Floor Angels
Serratus Activations

Bench, power bar
45 4x5
95,135,185x5
225,265x3
295,315,335,355,365x1
275 5x5

HS CSR
45,90,115,125x15
135 2x12

DB Front Raise
30 2x20

Seated DB Rear Delt Flyes
30x12,12,20

Seated DB Press
30 2x20

Decided to see where I am at on comp bench. Didn’t feel particularly strong or anything, which is exactly why I chose it as my ME lift today - to see what I can bench on any given day right now. May have had another 5-10lbs in me, but I also didn’t really pause, so ~365 is a pretty good training max at the moment.
Nothing to complain about there! Catching back up hope training is going good for your wife!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nothing to complain about there! Catching back up hope training is going good for your wife!
Thank you - unfortunately her back spasmed unexpectedly last week on a lighter set of squats; she got too far into spinal flexion and aggravated an old disc injury. She is having to drop a lot of her peaking work, and we are focusing on trying to get her as recovered as possible for the comp in 2 weeks from today.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hate to hear that @Hyde, but I am sure you all will find a way to make the best of it!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dang sorry to hear that, hoping for a speedy recovery.
Ordered some PEA for her to try, based on the positive feedback from yourself and some others. I don’t expect any miracles, but if she can even ride in the car for 6 hours to Columbus without misery it will be a win in my book!

I hope she can do well, but most importantly I just want her to be able to enjoy the trip with the family.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ordered some PEA for her to try, based on the positive feedback from yourself and some others. I don’t expect any miracles, but if she can even ride in the car for 6 hours to Columbus without misery it will be a win in my book!

I hope she can do well, but most importantly I just want her to be able to enjoy the trip with the family.
Might be worth a question to Steve to see if it’s fine to double up on dosage since you will be on a tight time frame?

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Man I hate to hear about your wife…..hopefully her back will heal quickly. Good call on trying PEA…There’s a lot of good research, with great results, on the ingredients in PEA Relief.👍

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Might be worth a question to Steve to see if it’s fine to double up on dosage since you will be on a tight time frame?
I did, and he didn’t see any reason not to go for it if I wanted to experiment.

She has taken some Naproxen the last few days and and saw her tissue doc who was able to get her low back loosened up. She’s been doing some yoga & mobility exercises first thing every morning that she believes are helping to keep her from being bound up, and trying to brace all the time/practice good spinal hygiene, as McGill would advocate. So she seems to be doing well, but hasn’t trained since Thursday. Maybe try some very light fluffy stuff tomorrow.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
2/18/24
BW 256.0 yesterday

Floor Angels
Wall Slides
Hip Stretches
KB Suitcase Carries
KB One-leg Deadlifts

Dynamic Squat, Duffalo bar
55,105,215x5
325x3
+belt
375x3
375 4x5

Deadlift, Texas dl bar
155,265x5
315,375x3
+belt
425x3
450x7

Walking Lunges
BW 3x15

NG WG Lat Pulldown
60,100,130x15
150x10,12,10
100x15

Plate-loaded Leg Extension
45x10
90 4x12 w/ slight pause at top

Reverse Hyper
270x20
360x15
450x12

alt w/ GHD Sit-ups, slow hip flexor-focus
BW 2x10

KB Preacher Curl
18x15,10

Great day of training. Took nearly 3 hours, but I actually got all the things done I wanted to do, and both squats & pulls were moving well. Was able to bring my grip in another inch on the Duffalo bar as well. Deadlift is back on the rise.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Oh man I'm sorry to hear about the wife's injury flare up, is she seeing improvement there? Hopefully the stress of prep doesn't compound it mentally for her.

Happy with my ability to maintain my bodyweight lately; energy and training have been so solid at this weight/intake, and I can make basically anything I really want fit calorically at this size. A shake, a couple chicken & rice meals, and a frozen pizza or something random would be the most normal depiction of my diet at the moment
how are you feeling at this weight from a health perspective (sleeping/breathing, etc)?

Great day of training. Took nearly 3 hours, but I actually got all the things done I wanted to do, and both squats & pulls were moving well.
what did your intra workout nutrition look like for a 3hr session? that sounds like an absolute blast

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like things are looking up with the wife's recovery. As you said if nothing else salvaging an enjoyable family trip will be great, but hope she is also able to do well competing.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh man I'm sorry to hear about the wife's injury flare up, is she seeing improvement there? Hopefully the stress of prep doesn't compound it mentally for her.

how are you feeling at this weight from a health perspective (sleeping/breathing, etc)?

what did your intra workout nutrition look like for a 3hr session? that sounds like an absolute blast
Yeah yesterday was the best day this last week and she did not take any Naproxen. She went to the gym for some pump work today but I don’t know how it went yet.

I feel good overall. I think part of that is not being on blast (smaller traps/neck & less water retention for sleeping), or forcing a bunch of food, but I also think my body has spent more time in this range so it’s more accommodated now as well. It’s fast weight gain that is especially difficult to deal with.

The usual ProSynthesis17 before I leave the house, Rice Krispy bar on the 12 min drive, and 54g Karbolyn intra, except I also add a second Rice Krispy bar after squats. So 34g more carb.

I did get shaky during curls at the very end, so I popped 2 glucose tabs before the drive home. That 5-plate set of reverse hypers caught up to me!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So here’s something cool:

Focus XT has been out of stock forever, and I tried some samples of Psycho Pharma’s Infinite Brain from the Olympia that I really enjoyed. So I bought a tub a while back that I’ve been using for most of my training sessions, and just ordered more. When the new tub arrived, it was green instead of white and the label was lacking Taurine, the Di-caff Malate, and Theobromine - and the Mucuna Pruriens no longer showed the standardization (previously 98% L-dopa).

I messaged the company yesterday, a rep passed along my info, and the actual owner called me back today explaining the mixup. Basically they want to sell Infinite Brain worldwide, so they had to drop Taurine for Japan, Malate for Europe, Mucuna can’t be over 50% (so they decided to keep the 98% for now but not put any % on the label), etc. Anyway, they haven’t updated the US Amazon image to reflect the new label, but he said he’d send me a remaining old formulation white tub to make it right, and to keep the new green one.

I wanted to share because that level of customer service can be hard to come by - if there are any products they make you’d like to try, I can vouch they will stand behind their products 100%. Their guarantee on the webpage is not just lip service.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Psychopharma is Bugenhagen’s company isn’t it?
No, Bugez had a supplement sponsorship with them for a long time, and very recently he said on YouTube he’s becoming a partner with them soon, which is cool.

I have seen a video somewhere before of the owner, skinny fella big into playing rock music who said he’d always been into energy/stimulant supps. Not like a meathead, more of a lifestyle guy you’d see pounding those old Redline drinks to go to a concert, then getting up early to get his gym in before work.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
So here’s something cool:

Focus XT has been out of stock forever, and I tried some samples of Psycho Pharma’s Infinite Brain from the Olympia that I really enjoyed. So I bought a tub a while back that I’ve been using for most of my training sessions, and just ordered more. When the new tub arrived, it was green instead of white and the label was lacking Taurine, the Di-caff Malate, and Theobromine - and the Mucuna Pruriens no longer showed the standardization (previously 98% L-dopa).

I messaged the company yesterday, a rep passed along my info, and the actual owner called me back today explaining the mixup. Basically they want to sell Infinite Brain worldwide, so they had to drop Taurine for Japan, Malate for Europe, Mucuna can’t be over 50% (so they decided to keep the 98% for now but not put any % on the label), etc. Anyway, they haven’t updated the US Amazon image to reflect the new label, but he said he’d send me a remaining old formulation white tub to make it right, and to keep the new green one.

I wanted to share because that level of customer service can be hard to come by - if there are any products they make you’d like to try, I can vouch they will stand behind their products 100%. Their guarantee on the webpage is not just lip service.
LOVE Infinite Brain. Loved the test booster “ThunderStruck” and the fat burner “Far Beyond Driven”. Both, coincidentally a great song and album!!!

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Though I understand it is a business and sales equal money, it is too bad the mix was altered to accommodate worldwide sales. Infinite Brain put me in the ZONE at work when we were doing network upgrades.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I feel good overall. I think part of that is not being on blast (smaller traps/neck & less water retention for sleeping), or forcing a bunch of food, but I also think my body has spent more time in this range so it’s more accommodated now as well. It’s fast weight gain that is especially difficult to deal with.
Right on man, glad you're doing well then. when I was cutting down there were times where I started feeling like I was getting the loose skin of an old man despite still feeling 20 years younger than I am and I wondered how risky it was for us to run big bulks as skin loses it's elasticity, but a week or two later here I am and everything seems great tbh.

The usual ProSynthesis17 before I leave the house, Rice Krispy bar on the 12 min drive, and 54g Karbolyn intra, except I also add a second Rice Krispy bar after squats. So 34g more carb.
Solid. I'm almost shocked to see you throwing down the extra aminos. I always swore by them and had a favorite (modern BCAA+, specifically the "+") and just hadn't restocked in a long time. I've seen a lot of people (such as Layne) come out lately and start to determine that the additional aminos weren't all they were cracked up to be. I like the profile of the ProSynthesis though, I could see getting that with a scoop of dextrose for my intra workout.

but he said he’d send me a remaining old formulation white tub to make it right, and to keep the new green one.
now can you do the same thing with jack3d?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Though I understand it is a business and sales equal money, it is too bad the mix was altered to accommodate worldwide sales. Infinite Brain put me in the ZONE at work when we were doing network upgrades.
I’m not 100% on this, but he made it sound like they will be making another batch of Infinite Brain soon in the future as it was, the “American” version if you will.

I used the new green tub this morning with a cap of SNS Eria Jarensis, and that sufficiently offset the missing dicaff malate & theobromine, had a good experience. Tasted & mixed up just the same, felt solid.

When SNS gets Focus XT back out, that is always a terrific product for easier work. I can’t wait for that, because Steve has some cool new flavors coming.

Solid. I'm almost shocked to see you throwing down the extra aminos. I always swore by them and had a favorite (modern BCAA+, specifically the "+") and just hadn't restocked in a long time. I've seen a lot of people (such as Layne) come out lately and start to determine that the additional aminos weren't all they were cracked up to be. I like the profile of the ProSynthesis though, I could see getting that with a scoop of dextrose for my intra workout.
These aren’t just random aminos along with BCAAs - it’s 32g of EAAs in the ideal ratio for human muscle repair. Mike claims that it’s actually equivalent to greater than 32g of actual protein from whey or meat - more like a 2-scoop protein shake in net effect. It has 135 calories or so per full serving (3 big scoops).

But it’s not dairy, so it doesn’t cause any bloating and is very easy to knock back quickly without being filling. It does not taste particularly good and would be terrible diluted in water to sip - I slam it in 5oz, then chase it with a little more water to rinse my shaker. It is also cheaper than most 2-scoop whey shakes.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’m not 100% on this, but he made it sound like they will be making another batch of Infinite Brain soon in the future as it was, the “American” version if you will.

I used the new green tub this morning with a cap of SNS Eria Jarensis, and that sufficiently offset the missing dicaff malate & theobromine, had a good experience. Tasted & mixed up just the same, felt solid.

When SNS gets Focus XT back out, that is always a terrific product for easier work. I can’t wait for that, because Steve has some cool new flavors coming.

These aren’t just random aminos along with BCAAs - it’s 32g of EAAs in the ideal ratio for human muscle repair. Mike claims that it’s actually equivalent to greater than 32g of actual protein from whey or meat - more like a 2-scoop protein shake in net effect. It has 135 calories or so per full serving (3 big scoops).

But it’s not dairy, so it doesn’t cause any bloating and is very easy to knock back quickly without being filling. It does not taste particularly good and would be terrible diluted in water to sip - I slam it in 5oz, then chase it with a little more water to rinse my shaker. It is also cheaper than most 2-scoop whey shakes.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
2/20/24

Banded Floor Angels
Band Pullaparts, Tris, Flyes, Presses, Lats
Wall Slides

Dynamic Bench, power bar
45x10,5,5
+doubled minibands
45,95,135x3
155 5x5 very short rests

Paused Widegrip Benchpress
185,225x5
255,260,265x8

EZBar Tri Extensions
+0,50,70x12
+90x12+4 rolling
+110x8

DB Pec Flyes
55x13,16

DB Supinated Wristcurls
15 2x15

Seated DB Clean & Press
20 3x12

Swissbar Push-ups, bottom of rack
30 total reps, varying grips

Feels like things are moving in the right direction again with the elbow/shoulder mobility. Widegrips are already tied with the best set of 8 I’ve ever done on them & it’s only week 2, so looking forward to taking those to new heights. Felt like the mayor of Titty City already this morning by end of flies.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
2/20/24

Banded Floor Angels
Band Pullaparts, Tris, Flyes, Presses, Lats
Wall Slides

Dynamic Bench, power bar
45x10,5,5
+doubled minibands
45,95,135x3
155 5x5 very short rests

Paused Widegrip Benchpress
185,225x5
255,260,265x8

EZBar Tri Extensions
+0,50,70x12
+90x12+4 rolling
+110x8

DB Pec Flyes
55x13,16

DB Supinated Wristcurls
15 2x15

Seated DB Clean & Press
20 3x12

Swissbar Push-ups, bottom of rack
30 total reps, varying grips

Feels like things are moving in the right direction again with the elbow/shoulder mobility. Widegrips are already tied with the best set of 8 I’ve ever done on them & it’s only week 2, so looking forward to taking those to new heights. Felt like the mayor of Titty City already this morning by end of flies.
Awesome the range of motion and less pain! Awesome sets of paused bench too!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
2/21/24
BW 255.8

KB Suitcase Carries
KB Swings
KB One-leg Deadlifts
Hip Stretches
Split grip Hang from pullup bar

Beltsquat
90,180,270,360x5
+parallel box
360,410x5

Sumo Deadlift, Tex deadlift bar
155x5
+minibands
265,375,441,485x1
507 MISS

265x8
+straps
355,405x8

HS CSR
90,135x12
180x8
225x6

No idea how much tension the minibands added to the Sumo pull, but 485 was a maximal strain. Still, had good energy left so I added 10kg more - figured if I could improve my technique I could still pull the 507. I did not improve technique lol; got it a few inches off the ground but as soon as the bands kicked in it was over

Hit beltsquats heavy prior, made some great progress on RDLs after, & finished with a heavy Hammerstrength row to finish out an intense session.

Last edited:
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice and juicy session there!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
2/21/24
BW 255.8

KB Suitcase Carries
KB Swings
KB One-leg Deadlifts
Hip Stretches
Split grip Hang from pullup bar

Beltsquat
90,180,270,360x5
+parallel box
360,410x5

Sumo Deadlift, Tex deadlift bar
155x5
+minibands
265,375,441,485x1
507 MISS

265,355,405x8

HS CSR
90,135x12
180x8
225x6

No idea how much tension the minibands added to the Sumo pull, but 485 was a maximal strain. Still, had good energy left so I added 10kg more - figured if I could improve my technique I could still pull the 507. I did not improve technique lol; got it a few inches off the ground but as soon as the bands kicked in it was over

Hit beltsquats heavy prior, made some great progress on RDLs after, & finished with a heavy Hammerstrength row to finish out an intense session.
Intense session is an understatement….. I wouldn’t be able to walk for a week if I tried that workout….impressive.💪

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Intense session is an understatement….. I wouldn’t be able to walk for a week if I tried that workout….impressive.
Before the beltless set of 405x8, I told myself out loud that this is going to be really hard - and that’s okay. It’s okay if it sucks. All I have to do is give it all I’ve got, focus on staying tight, and whatever happens happens.

It felt easier than 355!