MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just gripping and ripping man, congrats on the PR, might as well get used to saying that over the next few weeks. :)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thats epic dude, how did that 515x6 feel?
Clean; I could have done 1-2 more if necessary. Rep 6 slowed down a lot so we shut it down. My hamstrings and glutes instantly were sore/pumped before I even left the barbell, which is crazy but a good sign they were brutalized & I stopped at the right time.

Just gripping and ripping man, congrats on the PR, might as well get used to saying that over the next few weeks. :)
Thanks Kleen! Working with some weight & rep ranges I haven’t in a good while, so it’s kind of reaping things sown long ago for the most part.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/3/21 - Accessory
BW 245.0

Incline DB Press
35,45x25
50x20

BB Strictpress
45 2x10
95,135x5
155 3x8

Hammerstrength Row
45x8
70x12
95x10
120x8
130x6
140x5

Fatbar Widegrip Pulldowns
99,142x12
163x10
187x8
209x5 -> 99x15

Rope Handle Cable Upright Row
55 4x15

One-arm DB Row
85x8
120x5
+straps
120x12,15

Laying Leg Raises
3x23

alt w/ Seated Calf Raises
45x25,20,23,25

EZbar Curls
45x15
60x12
70x10

Pumps were just ridiculous , seriously painful and difficult to perform through - don’t know how guys ever take pump products along with gear. All I had was a cup of coffee for preWO, so this was strictly the drugs and adequate hydration. Trendione also had me sweating like mad by the end. Strength increases are undeniable at this point.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pumps that are that painful are my favorite part of training. That's how I take pump products on cycle: pure masochism.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Pumps that are that painful are my favorite part of training. That's how I take pump products on cycle: pure masochism.
I can’t get any volume done! My delts were absolutely aching between (lower rep) Strictpress - I was worried something was wrong until I realized it was just my pump from the incline Db warmup. Calves flat out did less than a couple weeks ago because I just couldn’t get through the work without seizing up.

I can’t in good conscience recommend this injectable LGD4033 from any kind of rational safety perspective, but the pumps are insane.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have you considered being less of a punk bitch though? Moar pump = moar pain = moar joy. It's science.

Last edited:
BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I can’t get any volume done! My delts were absolutely aching between (lower rep) Strictpress - I was worried something was wrong until I realized it was just my pump from the incline Db warmup. Calves flat out did less than a couple weeks ago because I just couldn’t get through the work without seizing up.

I can’t in good conscience recommend this injectable LGD4033 from any kind of rational safety perspective, but the pumps are insane.
Lol I want to try it!

Little scared though.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Have you considered being less of a punk bitch though? Moar pump = moar pain = moar joy. It's science.
Lol you can keep it all! My joy comes when I PR. I don’t think I even enjoy training most of the time. It’s just something that’s a part of me at this point.

Lol I want to try it!

Little scared though.
It’s not really cost effective in my opinion. Or studied in humans at these doses. Rad140 would be way safer - they’ve given it to women orally up to 150mg/day and determined 50mg was a fairly safe dose.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I only train because the alternative is that I get into bar fights to let out my aggression, and no one pays $190k/year in prison, so I'd rather not go.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
on’t think I even enjoy training most of the time. It’s just something that’s a part of me at this point.
haha, I actually know what you mean. I get like this on cycle when I’m pushing numbers I’ve not done before. It’s mainly because the sessions scare me a little and I know I’ll be going balls deep.

but when I’ve hit the numbers I feel great so 🤷

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/6/21 - Bench 5
BW 246.0

Band Facepulls, Tri Ext, Rows, Flyes
DB Laterals
2x15/each

Bench
45x10
135x5
185,225x3
255,285,310,330x1
+Phoenix
345,355,365x1
380x1 PR

-drive from power to commercial gym-

Incline Bench
215 5x5

Floorpress
235,240,245,250,255x5
260x6

Low Incline DB Bench
65 3x15
70 2x15

Cable Rope Facepulls
71 2x15
82 2x15

alt w/ Cable Vbar Tri Pressdown
71 2x15
82 2x15

Cable Pec Flyes
20,23,27,30,33x15

DB Laterals
20 2x15
22.5,25 x15

Went to our friends’ crossfit/power gym last night to use the ER rack & power bar for bench to train on some different equipment. Wasn’t feeling that strong, but had to take 380 for a ride & it definitely wasn’t 100%! Then went to the commercial gym so they could close up & knocked out the rest of the work. Also finished off the LGD4033 yesterday.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hitting a 1rm PR 3.5weeks post COVID was probably never going to feel 100%. Bet you will smoke it in another 4 weeks.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on that 380, clean or not it is an impressive lift!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hitting a 1rm PR 3.5weeks post COVID was probably never going to feel 100%. Bet you will smoke it in another 4 weeks.
Congrats on that 380, clean or not it is an impressive lift!
I mis-worded that: it was incredibly clean & easy! Definitely not true 100% max effort, even with competition holds & pauses on the chest; I could have put up at least 390.

Eying 400/405 in the slanger this training cycle

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I mis-worded that: it was incredibly clean & easy! Definitely not true 100% max effort, even with competition holds & pauses on the chest; I could have put up at least 390.

Eying 400/405 in the slanger this training cycle
nice bro. Feels like your in a good place at this stage.

out of interest, the accessory work is all quite volume heavy with sets of 15 etc, Is that something you use in a hyperthropy phase and taper down in the latter phases of the block or is that just an individual response thing (I.e you respond well to that volume?)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
nice bro. Feels like your in a good place at this stage.

out of interest, the accessory work is all quite volume heavy with sets of 15 etc, Is that something you use in a hyperthropy phase and taper down in the latter phases of the block or is that just an individual response thing (I.e you respond well to that volume?)
Honestly, I’m just doing it because it’s recommended in the Lilliebridge method. They were pretty well known for basically taking as much gear as they could handle coming into a meet and focusing on high intensity/low volume/low frequency with a bunch of bodybuilding fluff after.

I don’t really think the accessories make much difference in the big picture of powerlifting success - that is going to live and die by your primary programming or mechanically similar movements. Accessories help recovery with bloodflow, can address weaknesses, add a little hypertrophy, help prevent injury, and can help drive work capacity/GPP. So they are very valuable, BUT they won’t make much difference in the immediate success of the training cycle. They’re something that adds up over a training career, by avoiding injury or giving you that size edge or helping break a plateau.

I will probably try to add a few more easy sets over the next few weeks so I can drop them off the final 2 Deload weeks for extra recovery, but I probably won’t lower the rep scheme any. Doing so I would end up using more load and actually end up incurring more fatigue debt. That’s fine in bodybuilding, but definitely not a good trade in meet prep.

I do generally periodize and lower volume on the primary strength accessories though, like Floorpress, as the meet nears. That has a very similar cost/impact as comp benching.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Honestly, I’m just doing it because it’s recommended in the Lilliebridge method. They were pretty well known for basically taking as much gear as they could handle coming into a meet and focusing on high intensity/low volume/low frequency with a bunch of bodybuilding fluff after.

I don’t really think the accessories make much difference in the big picture of powerlifting success - that is going to live and die by your primary programming or mechanically similar movements. Accessories help recovery with bloodflow, can address weaknesses, add a little hypertrophy, help prevent injury, and can help drive work capacity/GPP. So they are very valuable, BUT they won’t make much difference in the immediate success of the training cycle. They’re something that adds up over a training career, by avoiding injury or giving you that size edge or helping break a plateau.

I will probably try to add a few more easy sets over the next few weeks so I can drop them off the final 2 Deload weeks for extra recovery, but I probably won’t lower the rep scheme any. Doing so I would end up using more load and actually end up incurring more fatigue debt. That’s fine in bodybuilding, but definitely not a good trade in meet prep.

I do generally periodize and lower volume on the primary strength accessories though, like Floorpress, as the meet nears. That has a very similar cost/impact as comp benching.
thanks, I was interested as that’s one of the biggest differences this coach I work with made. He pulled virtually all the accessory stuff from the blocks (so it’s 3 exercises, main lift, assistance lift which was a primer for the next sessions main lift, and then one accessory

i agree with you around the higher rep accessory work generally, I like it for imbalances and aesthetic benefits as much as anything but it just interested me that even on a cunt load of gear he stripped it back. In fairness it worked so I’ll stick with it next push but inbetween pushes my training looks a bit more like yours.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
thanks, I was interested as that’s one of the biggest differences this coach I work with made. He pulled virtually all the accessory stuff from the blocks (so it’s 3 exercises, main lift, assistance lift which was a primer for the next sessions main lift, and then one accessory

i agree with you around the higher rep accessory work generally, I like it for imbalances and aesthetic benefits as much as anything but it just interested me that even on a cunt load of gear he stripped it back. In fairness it worked so I’ll stick with it next push but inbetween pushes my training looks a bit more like yours.
It’s the Pareto Principle - 80% of the results come from 20% of the work. For increasing my max bench, whether I do some 10kg lateral raises or not probably won’t make a lick of difference. But if I push them hard enough it would eventually have a real recovery cost, and THAT would be a bad investment for my goals.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/8/21 - Lower 5
BW 246.2

Rolling, mashing, bird dogs, glute bridges, fire hydrants, hip stretches, over & backs, jigsaw calves/adductors/hams,

Reverse Hyper
90x12,14,16

Squat
45,135x5
225,315x3
385x1
+belt
435x2
465x5

Deadlift, deadlift bar, soft-belt only
135x5
225,315x3
355 3x3

Lowered my jcup height to prepare for the height I will unrack the squat bar from at the meet, and moved my unrack stance out by necessity - this made for a much heavier feel on unrack, but the quality of squats was much better actually than 2 weeks ago with 450. Everything felt hard & heavy today, but got some good work in and still getting stronger. Squats tonight were a ~530lb effort.

Replaced the now finished oil-based LGD4033 with a 20mg cap of Var/day today to keep total mg on point, and increase creatine storage and collagen synthesis further. Cycle currently looks like:

-300mg testosterone e/wk
-300mg drostanolone e/wk
-140mg oxandrolone/wk
-90mg trendione/ed

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Love seeing you get stronger !!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/9/21 - Accessory
BW 247.0

Reverse Hyper
90x20

Titan Beltsquat
90 2x10
140,190,240,290x10

GHR
vs miniband x10,12,13

Back-supported Hanging Leg Raises
3x15

We took the baby to go train with some friends half an hour away before all the Mother’s Day family stuff began. It was Mom’s morning to do strongman, so I was just trying to get in some lower body accessory as I could while watching my son - I kept passing off the baby to my sweaty friends between their heavy deadlift sets

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/9/21 - Accessory
BW 247.0

Reverse Hyper
90x20

Titan Beltsquat
90 2x10
140,190,240,290x10

GHR
vs miniband x10,12,13

Back-supported Hanging Leg Raises
3x15

We took the baby to go train with some friends half an hour away before all the Mother’s Day family stuff began. It was Mom’s morning to do strongman, so I was just trying to get in some lower body accessory as I could while watching my son - I kept passing off the baby to my sweaty friends between their heavy deadlift sets

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Baby Training !!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/11/21 - More Accessory
BW 244.0

Treadmill Walk 5 Min

KB Swings
53 2x15

Hammerstrength Row
45 2x8
70,95,120x8
135x5

Fatbar Widegrip Pulldown
143 2x15, 2x12

Seated Calf Raises
50x16,18,18,17,16

Rope Handle Cable Upright Rows
55 2x15
60 2x15

Chest-Supported Incline DB Rows
80 2x10

Wanted to grab some abs and hit things harder, but it had been 5 hours since my last meal due to a bunch of yard work prior to this after work & the intra carbs just weren’t enough to keep from getting shaky.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Low Blood Sugar is No Fun !!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/13/21 - Bench 6
BW 243.4

5 min Treadmill Walk

Cable Facepulls,Tri Pressdown, DB Laterals, DB Pec Flyes
2x15 each

Bench
45x10
135x5
185,225x3
250x14

Incline Bench
45,135x5
225 5x3, 1x8

Floorpress
45,135x5
225,245,265,285,300x3
275x5

Low Incline DB Bench
70 5x15

DB Laterals
20,22.5,25x15

Cable Facepulls, Tri Pressdown
77 3x15 each

Cable Pec Flies
27,30,33,37x15

All of the major presses tonight felt like they were at PR levels of strength. Not sure exactly if they were, but that’s the important takeaway here - performance is ramping up! 4 weeks out today. This prep is a bit different, instead of setting a peak to taper down from (which is a longer process), this program just quickly ramps into the show and no testing is done in training.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So glad things are going well for you, good to have you back !!

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
5/13/21 - Bench 6
BW 243.4

5 min Treadmill Walk

Cable Facepulls,Tri Pressdown, DB Laterals, DB Pec Flyes
2x15 each

Bench
45x10
135x5
185,225x3
250x14

Incline Bench
45,135x5
225 5x3, 1x8

Floorpress
45,135x5
225,245,265,285,300x3
275x5

Low Incline DB Bench
70 5x15

DB Laterals
20,22.5,25x15

Cable Facepulls, Tri Pressdown
77 3x15 each

Cable Pec Flies
27,30,33,37x15

All of the major presses tonight felt like they were at PR levels of strength. Not sure exactly if they were, but that’s the important takeaway here - performance is ramping up! 4 weeks out today. This prep is a bit different, instead of setting a peak to taper down from (which is a longer process), this program just quickly ramps into the show and no testing is done in training.
Awesome. Just charge in dude, balls out.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/14/21 - Lower 6
BW 242.4

Rolling, mashing, bird dogs, glute bridges, fire hydrants, hip stretches, over & backs, jigsaw calves/adductors/hams,

Reverse Hyper
90x20

Deadlift, deadlift bar
135x5
225x3
315,365x2
405,455,485,515x1
545 nope

Pretty sad evening, last night. Gotta drive to move my father into his new apartment Sunday morning, so I needed to move my Saturday night lower session to Friday to have time to recover. Anyway, the weight was just moving like total sludge - 405 on felt impossibly heavy for how it should, and back was undeniably hurting at 485 in retrospect. My nerves were literally shutting off the light switch to protect me in the face of pain. 515, my last warmup before I was set to do 585 for a double, was so undeniably hard and painful it was nearly max effort - a weight I pulled for 6 reps only 2 weeks ago, with more in the tank. 545 was glued to the floor. This was a make or break session for the meet, so I had to attempt it. I was in a lot of pain and had to scrap the session.

No idea where this came from, or why. There was no defining failure point in any session; the cumulative life stresses on my back from my day to day with a newborn have just caught up to me and there’s nothing to be done about it 4 weeks out from the meet. I am now totally derailed from a deadlift PR & total PR, and quite possibly squat PR.

I can’t switch my meet entry to bench-only due to my work schedule (that is on Saturday, while full power open men are on Sunday), so I will just squat & pull whatever I can on the day of comp.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
One bad workout does not change how strong you are, a little rest a good meal or two and you will be back to Hulk Hyde !!

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
5/14/21 - Lower 6
BW 242.4

Reverse Hyper
90x20

Deadlift, deadlift bar
135x5
225x3
315,365x2
405,455,485,515x1
545 nope

Pretty sad evening, last night. Gotta drive to move my father into his new apartment Sunday morning, so I needed to move my Saturday night lower session to Friday to have time to recover. Anyway, the weight was just moving like total sludge - 405 on felt impossibly heavy for how it should, and back was undeniably hurting at 485 in retrospect. My nerves were literally shutting off the light switch to protect me in the face of pain. 515, my last warmup before I was set to do 585 for a double, was so undeniably hard and painful it was nearly max effort - a weight I pulled for 6 reps only 2 weeks ago, with more in the tank. 545 was glued to the floor. This was a make or break session for the meet, so I had to attempt it. I was in a lot of pain and had to scrap the session.

No idea where this came from, or why. There was no defining failure point in any session; the cumulative life stresses on my back from my day to day with a newborn have just caught up to me and there’s nothing to be done about it 4 weeks out from the meet. I am now totally derailed from a deadlift PR & total PR, and quite possibly squat PR.

I can’t switch my meet entry to bench-only due to my work schedule (that is on Saturday, while full power open men are on Sunday), so I will just squat & pull whatever I can on the day of comp.
kinda echo’ing rocket here bro.

fully accept your powerlifting knowledge is way way over mine but this seems like one bad session. It’s almost that bad that it feels like something was definitely off (it’s not like you hadn’t progressed as you wanted, instead it was miles off)

not sure what your program can adapt to but a deload feels like one option, if cumulative fatigue was the reason. Very possible you are sick (just with no symptoms and it’ll pass).

you sound unusually negative bro. Best advice I can give you is to step back and think what advice you would give me, benny or any of the other guys you help on here, if we were in this situation. Whatever you would tell us will be best imo

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Looked like quite a bit of volume on bench and chest Thursday, maybe getting after it on deads a day early was just too early for recovering from the day before?

I think even if you don't go for broke you're going to put up some seriously good numbers and it seems like you're still making progress which is worth being happy with.

I had a day with deadlift last week or the week before where everything just felt heavier than it should have. I hate those days. Are there things to rejuvenate the central nervous system from the constant abuse we all give it? Aside from hormones of course.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I appreciate the support, fellas. Unfortunately I have all to much experience here: this specifically was nerve impingement/pain shutting off my neural drive, which is why a 7-rep max became a 1-rep max. If you have ever driven a car with an electronic throttle body/pedal where you floored the gas pedal and the CPU held the engine back anyway to protect it, it’s the exact same concept.

The issue with this is the brain is associating pain/danger with the movement, and will hold me back until it slowly sees that the movement pattern is now safe (whenever that is). And there’s not much time until the meet. I have been eating a lot of ibuprofen this weekend to get & keep the inflammation out.

Believe me, I will do my best to turn lemons into lemonade here. But this is a pretty decisive blow at this particular timing in prep.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
As much as it sucks we all do this as a hobby. I gotta remind myself this isn’t my career and at least I’m fortunate enough to have the time to do this. I know how serious this all becomes but at the end of the day we gotta keep things in perspective.
(As I typed this I’m kinda telling myself this, sorry I know it’s not helpful)

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This sucks dude.

Do you know a good chiropractor? One that works with strength athletes would be ideal. You might be able to get a release from the pain and inhibition with a good chiro session (definitely worked for me more than once when my back was jacked up).

If you are unsure of the point of origin, and you can afford it, now would be a good time to get an MRI.

Hope you are feeling better soon mate, although you definitely have an uphill battle recovering the lower back with a newborn. It's just one meet anyway, you have many more ahead of you!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This sucks dude.

Do you know a good chiropractor? One that works with strength athletes would be ideal. You might be able to get a release from the pain and inhibition with a good chiro session (definitely worked for me more than once when my back was jacked up).

If you are unsure of the point of origin, and you can afford it, now would be a good time to get an MRI.

Hope you are feeling better soon mate, although you definitely have an uphill battle recovering the lower back with a newborn. It's just one meet anyway, you have many more ahead of you!
My wife has a chiro but I am not going to experiment with it this close to a meet, on account of the fact I am not in chronic pain - it’s really basically an occasional issue with deadlift.

What I theorize, and boys this is strictly that, is that Covid ate up/weakened some of my low back stabilizer muscles & re-inflamed my previous low back injuries. And being a new father has imposed 3x the back bending I was used to throughout the week, and these 2 factors combined with escalating weights that ramping into contest inevitably brings just were too much too soon. Right now I am not on ibuprofen and have no appreciable pain sitting here, or standing or walking. So life is good there!

I am feeling much more positive thanks to some time passing and all of your support. And playing with my son. Not about the meet; I really do not expect magic and don’t even know how to train my lower body at this point going into the meet - that will be taken week by week. But I have to remember it’s the million mile journey and this isn’t the last meet ever.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My wife has a chiro but I am not going to experiment with it this close to a meet, on account of the fact I am not in chronic pain - it’s really basically an occasional issue with deadlift.

What I theorize, and boys this is strictly that, is that Covid ate up/weakened some of my low back stabilizer muscles & re-inflamed my previous low back injuries. And being a new father has imposed 3x the back bending I was used to throughout the week, and these 2 factors combined with escalating weights that ramping into contest inevitably brings just were too much too soon. Right now I am not on ibuprofen and have no appreciable pain sitting here, or standing or walking. So life is good there!

I am feeling much more positive thanks to some time passing and all of your support. And playing with my son. Not about the meet; I really do not expect magic and don’t even know how to train my lower body at this point going into the meet - that will be taken week by week. But I have to remember it’s the million mile journey and this isn’t the last meet ever.
you got access to a belt squat?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Also, began another Mk677 wave Friday night after the incident, and bumped Trendione to 120mg/day on Saturday as planned. Also I am going to bump Carditone to 1.5 tabs per day since I am averaging 127/70 w pulse of 68 now after a little cup of coffee weighing 246.0. This coming Saturday Dimethandrostenol/Ddrol/Mithras will be added at 40mg daily when I will be 22 days out. Currently:

-test e 300mg/wk
-drost e 300mg/wk
-var 20mg/day
-tvar 120mg/day
-mk677 15mg/day

-HCG 250iu twice/wk
-exem 11mg once/wk
-caber 0.25mg twice/wk
-ralox 60mg/night
-berberine 800mg/day
-Carditone 1.5 tabs/day

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
you got access to a belt squat?
I think so. I actually did a couple sets with a plate/side after the deadlift but was just in too much acute pain to train last Friday. Going to try to go back tonight and do some. That’s how Brian Carroll said he trained for his 1,306 “squat”. 10 miles high, but that’s all of multiply. I still respect Brian a lot and believe he has a lot to learn from - he’s why I learned the McGill method and got my back right years ago.

Brian said on the EliteFTS podcast he did heavy Beltsquat every other week between heavy squat sessions, and light Beltsquat on the weeks he had to squat heavy. Like 2 Beltsquat sessions per week; I took notes on the whole protocol so may try it some if my knees can hold up to it.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think so. I actually did a couple sets with a plate/side after the deadlift but was just in too much acute pain to train last Friday. Going to try to go back tonight and do some. That’s how Brian Carroll said he trained for his 1,306 “squat”. 10 miles high, but that’s all of multiply. I still respect Brian a lot and believe he has a lot to learn from - he’s why I learned the McGill method and got my back right years ago.

Brian said on the EliteFTS podcast he did heavy Beltsquat every other week between heavy squat sessions, and light Beltsquat on the weeks he had to squat heavy. Like 2 Beltsquat sessions per week; I took notes on the whole protocol so may try it some if my knees can hold up to it.
yeah I had an attachment made for my cage, not the same as a purpose built one but does the job. Been using it to keep my legs working without smoking my back all the time

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sounds like yo got things under control !

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Felt like it tonight! Got some pain free accessories in tonight that went really well:

5/17/21 - Accessory
BW 246.0

Bird Dogs
2x10/side

Rogue Beltsquat
90x10
135,180,225,270,315,360,405x5

Very Low Standing Cable Row (on Beltsquat)
90 2x15

Rogue GHR (the hardest brand for me)
3x20, 2x16 volume PR

alt w/ Pull-ups
6x8

KB Suitcase Carries
53 x2 trips of 30ft down & back per hand, switching off after each round trip with no rest

Used my Cerberus neoprene sleeves and the extra compression really eliminated most knee pain during the Beltsquat, which was a big victory. Also have my GHR strength back up to previous bests it seems.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Felt like it tonight! Got some pain free accessories in tonight that went really well:

5/17/21 - Accessory
BW 246.0

Bird Dogs
2x10/side

Rogue Beltsquat
90x10
135,180,225,270,315,360,405x5

Very Low Standing Cable Row (on Beltsquat)
90 2x15

Rogue GHR (the hardest brand for me)
3x20, 2x16 volume PR

alt w/ Pull-ups
6x8

KB Suitcase Carries
53 x2 trips of 30ft down & back per hand, switching off after each round trip with no rest

Used my Cerberus neoprene sleeves and the extra compression really eliminated most knee pain during the Beltsquat, which was a big victory. Also have my GHR strength back up to previous bests it seems.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Pain free is good !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good to hear you had a pain free session. Hate to hear about the issue so close to the meet. I know a lot of others have made suggestions, so just incase you hadn't thought of it. Part of what got me through my meet prep when my shoulder was hurting was getting cryo treatments, they really brought the inflammation down for me and kept my shoulder from "guarding" during training. Not sure if you ever had one, knowing you I assume so but a few treatments of that could control inflammation enough it might help. It did for me anyway.

More importantly you sound like you are doing better mentally and that is most important in my book.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/20/21 - Bench 7
BW 248.0

Band Pullaparts, Tri Pressdown, Row, Pec Flies

Bench
45x10
135x5
185,225x3
275,305,325,350x1
+in Phoenix
370,390,400x1 PR

-drive to commercial gym-

Incline Bench
45,135x8
185x5
215,245,255,265,275x3 PR

Floorpress
135,225,255,265,275x5

Incline DB Press
70 5x15

Rope Handle Cable Facepulls
88 4x15

V-bar Cable Tri Pressdown
77,88,99x15

DB Laterals
25 3x15

Tonight was my first ever 400lb benchpress in a slanger. Felt good for another 10lbs, but no need to get greedy; this was a 20lb lifetime PR. Smoked 350 raw even with a very long pause - it’s never been that easy. Also tripled my previous incline 1RM just because I could. Things are looking great for bench!