Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yeah doing it in the gym in your ideal setting/timing/music people around you (or alone if you hate pressure) is very different from putting up a total in the same day in less than ideal conditions like sharing different warmup equipment than what your attempts will be on, being told exactly when to lift, no control over temperatures, being in front of a crowd, lifting to commands and being judged is a big one.

It’s very common for the total of your gym bests to exceed your best successful total.

I'm sure it's much harder doing it all in the same day, i personally don't know what ideal conditions would be for me. I definitely would need ppl watching me so I feel like I need to do it, probably no music because I'm use to listening to podcasts while I lift lol.

I wish I had a group of powerlifters around me so I could dedicate a training period specifically to the big 3. I've never really done that since my first year or 2 lifting. I've looked hi and low and there's no powerlifting gyms or groups in my area. I'm still bouncing between my basement gym and a planet fitness right now unfortunately. Anywho, congrats on the numbers and the house, I'm in the process of gutting and remodeling a kitchen, bathroom and bedroom right now, then gotta paint the whole place and put floors in hopefully all before October 1st and move in. It's a nightmare lol

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was extremely anal about my grass and it’s care from about ages 27-40. Now I just pay someone to cut/trim/fertilize/aerate. I don’t have the time or want-to.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was extremely anal about my grass and it’s care from about ages 27-40. Now I just pay someone to cut/trim/fertilize/aerate. I don’t have the time or want-to.
I did it myself for like the first year or two, but it got real old real fast and now I just pay a guy to come biweekly

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
7/27/20 - Recovery Micro, OHP
BW 252.6

Organized and swept garage for 2 hours

Band Tri Pressdowns, Rows, Hammercurls, Facepulls x3

BB Strictpress
45x15
65x10
95x5
120 3x5

ss w/ DB Curls
15 2x20
20x20, 15, 15

Push-ups

I soaked through my shirt getting the garage gym cleaned up and useable, so I kept cramping during all the little accessories.

This is only version 1, and you can’t see the atlas stones or loading wall, but this is the current space:

IMG_3883.JPG

Barbell, axle, trapbar, farmers, yoke, bands, chains, at least 500lbs in plate weight, heavy duty adjustable bench, light adjustable bench, deadlift/pressing platform, Husafell stone, drop pads, drop tires, 4” heavy duty blocks, a couple baby dbs and an adjustable one, loadable women’s stone and circus db, atlas stones from about 105-285. Our kegs, sandbags & logs will be staying at the gym for now.

Still need to get safety arms for the yoke or a power rack, a couple 100lb or 50kg plates, a GHR/reverse hyper combo, some kind of upper/lower pulley system, a deadlift bar, ideally a squat bar and SSB/transformer, and eventually bar storage.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Space is looking great so far. You already have a ton of stuff, but i feel you on pretty much everything on your need list. Although for me its more of a “want” list. Let me know if you see the rogue safety arms come back in stock as those and a sturdy bench are my priorities currently. Well, and potentially a power bar.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Space is looking great so far. You already have a ton of stuff, but i feel you on pretty much everything on your need list. Although for me its more of a “want” list. Let me know if you see the rogue safety arms come back in stock as those and a sturdy bench are my priorities currently. Well, and potentially a power bar.
Will do!

Both Rogue and GetRx’d make very sturdy non-adjustable benches IMO, if you can find them in stock. That’s what I was looking for initially before I had the chance to pop for this old behemoth Nautilus adjustable. It’s heavy to move, but let’s me get away with one bench for everything safely as well as being strong enough to probably boxsquat any weight to it.

EliteFTS has their Iron Cowboy Powerbar in stock for $300 with free shipping. Texaspowerbars has the (you guessed it) Texas Powerbar in stock bare steel shipped for $295, or $325 for black zinc coated with chrome sleeves. If you were considering buying new. Kabuki’s is like $420.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My wife would love to meet you lol. I've given up on my lawn.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Will do!

Both Rogue and GetRx’d make very sturdy non-adjustable benches IMO, if you can find them in stock. That’s what I was looking for initially before I had the chance to pop for this old behemoth Nautilus adjustable. It’s heavy to move, but let’s me get away with one bench for everything safely as well as being strong enough to probably boxsquat any weight to it.

EliteFTS has their Iron Cowboy Powerbar in stock for $300 with free shipping. Texaspowerbars has the (you guessed it) Texas Powerbar in stock bare steel shipped for $295, or $325 for black zinc coated with chrome sleeves. If you were considering buying new. Kabuki’s is like $420.
Definitely wanting to get a bench with a 12” pad at minimum. Ideally the 14” fat pad is what I’d get but ill settle for 12” if the price difference is significant. One of the two powerbars you mentioned will be the one that I get if I need to, I cant justify the price for Kabuki’s power bar. I’d rather put the difference between the kabuki bar and one of the other, but still high quality bars, towards a squatmax or GHR.

What verdict did you arrive at regarding the reverse hyper?

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I might take a different stance when I finally buy, but my lawn guy is good. Why not pay the $25/week and not worry about it, ya know?

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I might take a different stance when I finally buy, but my lawn guy is good. Why not pay the $25/week and not worry about it, ya know?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome set up dude!
Thanks Benny! Only going to get finer with age I’ll wager!

Definitely wanting to get a bench with a 12” pad at minimum. Ideally the 14” fat pad is what I’d get but ill settle for 12” if the price difference is significant. One of the two powerbars you mentioned will be the one that I get if I need to, I cant justify the price for Kabuki’s power bar. I’d rather put the difference between the kabuki bar and one of the other, but still high quality bars, towards a squatmax or GHR.

What verdict did you arrive at regarding the reverse hyper?
You can’t go wrong with a TPB or EFS for true time-tested quality construction.

I am basically decided on the $700 Titan GHR/RH combo. 2 machines in 1 is pretty huge when space is at a premium; the cost is about the same as buying their RH and a traditional no-name used GHR, plus getting it here - Titan will ship it right to my door freight for free. And I can do regular hyperextensions & sit-ups on the GHR portion as well as standing leg curls, rows, curls etc with the RH pendulum strap.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Speaking of all that, today was supposed to be recovery deadlift but man there’s just entirely too much going on. We still have a ton to unpack, wife spent her entire day off cleaning the old apartment, we moved some boxes out of the old storage we forgot during the move, went to the grocery store on my lunch break from work, last night bought my first mower and weed whacker and a bunch of miscellaneous house needs, and still have more to get. Lots of running around.

Energy has been pretty low amidst all this stress, as my test levels are probably about nonexistent (16 days since final shot) so I will start taking 20mg Clomid tonight to begin PCT.

But...I did pull the trigger on this black beauty last night:

IMG_3886.JPG

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That’s the one I have my eyes set on too. I know titan basically makes a living by ripping people’s inventions off, but damn it sometimes their prices are just way too much better than the competitor they ripped off not to go with them.

Edit: we must’ve posted at the same time so I didnt see the second post. Missing a recovery DL session isnt the end of the world, you know that. Especially given how busy you are, how active you have been, how low your test is, etc. Nice lookin bar, good score!

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Farking beautiful!
Shipped out today! Bet it’s here Monday. Columbus is only 6-7 hours from here.

07/30/20 - Recovery Micro, Deadlift
BW 251.0

Random lazy warmup movements

Deadlift, stiffbar
225 2x5
325 3x5

BB Rows
135,185,205x12

Widegrip Avg Band Pulldowns
2x25

BB Curls
45x17,15

Inverse Rows
2x10

Doing a solid job getting my weight back down; about 10lbs in 10 days and pants fitting better in the waistband. Trained in the garage again tonight which was nice with the door open and some light rain to cool things off.

Clomid began today at 25mg, Proviron is at 25mg, Sustain Alpha is introduced (already began Toco9 and Endomax a couple weeks ago) as was Evomuse Hypernova with 40mcg Clen applied with the transdermal. Can’t believe the difference - just as I was told, none of the bp increase or shakes/jitters when applied locally through the skin. Wish I had always known this much safer method of use!

Going to use the Hyper-Clen combo the next 2 weeks to limit local cortisol and fat gain in my trunk during PCT while my body tries to sort itself out.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Is there any proof that it actually works transdermally? I genuinely dont know...just trying to pick the low hanging fruit as to why sides may be non existent.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Is there any proof that it actually works transdermally? I genuinely dont know...just trying to pick the low hanging fruit as to why sides may be non existent.
Anecdotally, anyone who tried it said they got noticeably leaner (regardless of the transdermal used).

My assumption is because it’s absorbed and primarily active locally, so less ends up hitting the heart. I did not read that anywhere; just blabbering ideas as I write this right before sleep I can say it’s not giving any of the normal feels or heart rate. I put it on first thing and forget about it completely. Research Clen is almost cheaper than dirt so I don’t mind trying it. The transdermal is all of the cost here!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lookin wide and thiqq boy

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn't say nonexistent in my experience but far from as intense. I think a big part of it or in my mind anyway was the slower overall uptake of it so you didn't get a kick all at once so not as much of a jolt to the system.

Thick as a brick @Hyde I haven't gone back to read but looks like you put on some serious size.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You are probably closer than you think! Our backs are often bigger than we believe because we never see them except in pictures from behind.

Lookin wide and thiqq boy
Chonky

Thick as a brick @Hyde I haven't gone back to read but looks like you put on some serious size.
I just did a USPA meet 2 weeks ago where I totaled 1,603 (617/369/617) in sleeves in 2.5 hours with only 8 lifters in it & hot as hell even dropping my 3rd deadlift of 650 when my hands tore. I competed in 275 but couldn’t manage to get over 265lbs the day of comp.

Then I bought a house and we moved in last weekend. Still unpacking; haven’t even mowed.

PCT started a couple days ago and I have managed to get my weight down to 250.4 currently. Feeling much better!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I wouldn't say nonexistent in my experience but far from as intense. I think a big part of it or in my mind anyway was the slower overall uptake of it so you didn't get a kick all at once so not as much of a jolt to the system.

Anecdotally, anyone who tried it said they got noticeably leaner (regardless of the transdermal used).

My assumption is because it’s absorbed and primarily active locally, so less ends up hitting the heart. I did not read that anywhere; just blabbering ideas as I write this right before sleep I can say it’s not giving any of the normal feels or heart rate. I put it on first thing and forget about it completely. Research Clen is almost cheaper than dirt so I don’t mind trying it. The transdermal is all of the cost here!
I buy these explanations. This would definitely be a route id be interested in going. I was always deterred from systemic clen administration in my test subjects because of side effects, most notably the potential cardiotoxicity but also looking cracked out with the jitters and shakes is a drawback for me lol.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I buy these explanations. This would definitely be a route id be interested in going. I was always deterred from systemic clen administration in my test subjects because of side effects, most notably the potential cardiotoxicity but also looking cracked out with the jitters and shakes is a drawback for me lol.
I will let you know in a couple weeks final thoughts, but it’s certainly at a minimum a healthier way to use it.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I just did a USPA meet 2 weeks ago where I totaled 1,603 (617/369/617) in sleeves in 2.5 hours with only 8 lifters in it & hot as hell even dropping my 3rd deadlift of 650 when my hands tore. I competed in 275 but couldn’t manage to get over 265lbs the day of comp.

Then I bought a house and we moved in last weekend. Still unpacking; haven’t even mowed.

PCT started a couple days ago and I have managed to get my weight down to 250.4 currently. Feeling much better!
Awesome total, congratulations on that and the new house! Your shoulder caps are getting massive man!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I will let you know in a couple weeks final thoughts, but it’s certainly at a minimum a healthier way to use it.
Sounds great man.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sounds great man.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well, I was supposed to bench yesterday. But that didn’t happen, and today I moved and organized a bunch of storage totes and boxes around, did laundry, shopped for things like new electrical outlets, step ladders, a dehumidifier. Then more cleaning, organization, carrying stuff around - skipped it again.

Tomorrow I basically have to get the mower going. But the good news is I am actually getting excited to lift!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Spent 6 hours outside today getting the mower ready, reading about the mower, picking up sticks all over the property, mowing, weedeating, meeting new neighbors, more mowing and weedeating. Didn’t take the time to eat breakfast prior and other than some Gatorade & Lite Salt pretty much just worked until it was done - I was basically shuffling around with low blood sugar like a zombie by the time I got the mower put away

I think I can do it all in a couple hours probably next time now that I removed 3-4 weeks of neglect & have it figured out. Not gonna lie; it was kinda fun.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Seems today was a “fasted for Jesus workout Sunday” for a bunch of the crew.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Brooke and I had a mini baby shower with just the grandmas today. There were 8 of us and the amount of food we had catered was projected to feed 40-50. I did not fast today.

Sounds like you had a good fasted LISS day! (You beat me before I edited).

Last edited:
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Mowing is actually one of those things I enjoy but weed eating and stuff not so much.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
08/03/20 - Wk1, Bench
BW 251.0

Monsterband Tri Extensions, Rows, Facepulls, Curls

Bench
45x10
95,135x5
185,225x3
255x2
275 4x2, 1x7 or 8!

2bd
195 2x15

Rear Delt Flyes
10lb plates x12
25lb plates 2x12

Hammercurls
15,20x20

BB Curls
45 2x15

Wife says I did 8 reps on bench. Either way I am floored to be so strong considering I am off entirely, down 10lbs, and paused these. I hit 290x10 TNG before peaking - I have never been this strong off, so hopefully it’s not a fluke and I retain my bench better this time.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

So when it's listed as "airway gel" does that mean it's TD clen?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So when it's listed as "airway gel" does that mean it's TD clen?
Never heard that. I am using research liquid Clen measured with an oral dropper like usual and squirting it into my palm already full of a transdermal fat burner (Evomuse Hypernova) and applying that. You could use any transdermal product you like to accomplish this.

I chose Hypernova because it doesn’t burn like Eviscerate or many others and it’s primary MOA is to block fat storage locally, which tends to be an issue early in PCT for me. I don’t care about cutting as much as not getting fatter at a critical time I am most likely to.

Dropped down to 247.8 today

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Never heard that. I am using research liquid Clen measured with an oral dropper like usual and squirting it into my palm already full of a transdermal fat burner (Evomuse Hypernova) and applying that. You could use any transdermal product you like to accomplish this.

I chose Hypernova because it doesn’t burn like Eviscerate or many others and it’s primary MOA is to block fat storage locally, which tends to be an issue early in PCT for me. I don’t care about cutting as much as not getting fatter at a critical time I am most likely to.

Dropped down to 247.8 today
You need to eat!!!!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You need to eat!!!!!
I know it; I have had so little appetite or interest in food since forcing crap for so long in the meet prep. Without lifting in the mornings, which I hated anyway, my body naturally seems to want to fast til like noon and I really only desire food 2-3x a day.

I am trying to eat less fat than I am used to and higher carbs so a greater percentage of my fuel supports my training capacity at a given calorie level, and to increase hunger. I have never had lasting diet discipline really, but that doesn’t mean I can’t at least try to be better.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
08/04/20 - Day 6 PCT, Wk1 Squat
BW 247.8

Agile 8
Bird Dogs
Standing Jumps 2x3

Squat
45 3x5
135x5
225,295,345,385x3
420 2x3
385x3

Hi Bar Parallel Boxsquat
275 2x12 woof

In keeping with tradition, the squat weights are way too high off cycle using even 70% of what I maxed at in the previous peaking block (600). 420 was NOT a weight I could move for technique building - probably 80-90%. Which jives with thinking my daily training max was probably 470-500 atm. If I was cruising and keeping my weight up more it would probably be more sustainable, but I need to focus on reality here.

And I want to move focus back on my deadlift for now because I feel like there’s a lot of potential for it to make a big jump like my squat did recently, so I need to keep the squat at intensities I will recover well from.

I have already proven to myself how fast and extreme I can ramp the squat weights up when it’s go time, so I will lean on that and focus on the big picture.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I know it; I have had so little appetite or interest in food since forcing crap for so long in the meet prep. Without lifting in the mornings, which I hated anyway, my body naturally seems to want to fast til like noon and I really only desire food 2-3x a day.

I am trying to eat less fat than I am used to and higher carbs so a greater percentage of my fuel supports my training capacity at a given calorie level, and to increase hunger. I have never had lasting diet discipline really, but that doesn’t mean I can’t at least try to be better.
That last sentence is so true regardless of knowledge or anything else but I did notice the more I worked at it and the further along I got the better I got at maintaining a lower bodyfat during those swings. So even if you improve in the same manner as you can with cycles where you do really well with nutrition then back off a bit and then hit again hard learning more your nutrition base seems to improve each time. Then again sometimes I fall completely off the rails. My ability to train hard really has a lot to do with my dietary discipline too because I eat to compliment training or training results.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Last night I did:

RDLs
185 3x12

BB Calf Raises
135x20,20,12

20 min walk

Decided to let my low back rest vs doing my bb rows the day after squats. Just hanging in the garage while my wife and her friend lifted; it was beautiful out!

Hammies are even more sore today but just rode the bike for 33 min. Probably just gonna have DOMS either way

249.6lbs this morning.

Last edited:
jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Whatd you think about those 2x12 high bar box squats? I was sore from the 2x15 even only using 165 lbs...to above parallel.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Whatd you think about those 2x12 high bar box squats? I was sore from the 2x15 even only using 165 lbs...to above parallel.
I think high reps on squats suck eggs. But it always feels like it toasts my legs all over so it’s definitely an efficient stimulus. Was supposed to do 3x12 but just didn’t have it after squatting at a higher actual intensity than I planned.

I wish I had a higher bench or an old foam insert from a car seat to make it higher but I just had to suck it up and make do.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think high reps on squats suck eggs. But it always feels like it toasts my legs all over so it’s definitely an efficient stimulus. Was supposed to do 3x12 but just didn’t have it after squatting at a higher actual intensity than I planned.

I wish I had a higher bench or an old foam insert from a car seat to make it higher but I just had to suck it up and make do.
Yup. I was toasted too. I was wanting to do 3 sets as well when planning my mesocycle out but decided to just start with the minimum like Swede recommends...especially with the state my lower lifts are in.

Man, im squatting to a plastic cooler full of shoes with a 25 lb plate on top of the shoes lol. I feel you on wanting a better setup.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yup. I was toasted too. I was wanting to do 3 sets as well when planning my mesocycle out but decided to just start with the minimum like Swede recommends...especially with the state my lower lifts are in.

Man, im squatting to a plastic cooler full of shoes with a 25 lb plate on top of the shoes lol. I feel you on wanting a better setup.
My new (old!) nautilus adjustable bench is an awesome tank, I just mean that it’s not higher than parallel like many benches so if I want that stability/safety it means I have to forego the recommended 2” above parallel.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
08/07/20 - Day 9 PCT, Wk1 OHP
BW 249.0

Jumping Jacks
Leg Swings
Jigsaw
GMs

BB Row
45,135,185,205,225x12

BB Shrugs
225,235x15

BB Strictpress
45x15
65,95,115,125,135x8

BB Skullcrushers
45,75x12
95 2x10

Vbar Band Tri Pressdowns
Dual Monster Minibands 2x25

Overhead Vbar Tri Ext
Dual Monster Minibands 2x25

Rope Facepulls
Dual Monster Minibands 3x30 w/ 45 sec rest

Good session; reacquainting myself with overhead work and rowing. Presses felt easy and the rows fairly hard. My left QL (the one that was torn worse in ‘17) began hurting a lot after rows - deadlifting 2 plates up into position for shrugs was brutally painful. Wore a loose belt after to get it warm and by end of skullcrushers it had gone away, so hopefully it’s not an issue deadlifting Monday.

Also the wife snagged a Vbar & Rope handle attachments through Facebook for $25 total - guy even through in some 10lb dbs and Perfect Pushup handles. Way better than $30 new for one of them! Was great to use them with the bands today.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are you doing 5th set? Hybrid?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Are you doing 5th set? Hybrid?
5th Set. Just using Strictpress as my second press for now. I am very far from doing a meet. I think it’s good for my shoulder integrity, builds more stabilizer and upper back than laying presses, and I have found the high rep NG DB press to be worthless for me after trying it seriously. They went up and up over 2 mesocyles and my bench just kept withering away. And the Widegrip bench I restrained my pec on, which basically always happens at some point if I bench wide with these long arms. So while I can tell it builds my bench as long as I can pull it off, it’s just not worth the inevitable injury.

I’m sure I could closegrip bench volume or something for more specificity, but honestly I value my overhead press. I haven’t written off doing more strongman shows forever.