Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome day. Today I put 102lbs on my best 220lb class total & went 9/9. PR’d every lift in this class. My second perfect meet ever, in a row no less. Squat 529lbs in sleeves, benched 347lbs, & pulled 567 for a 655kg/1,442lbs total.

This all despite tearing my adductor 8 weeks ago, elbow surgery 13 weeks ago, dropping 38lbs of bodyweight from last meet in September (literally 50lbs between the weighin weights of 268.x & 218.5, respectively).

I took 4th place in a class of 5, and at only 15kg behind 3rd I am happy for the amount I could train. Guy who took 2nd did 1,551, so I would not have beat that right now even healthy. We lifted together in warmups all day and had a great time pushing each other. We really hit it off, hanging out afterwards while we helped restore the gym, and he even invited me to a private chat group. Hopefully we will get to compete together again.

No injury, no pains, and I got to see where I’m at while having a blast. I truly lifted well; today was a blessing!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Awesome showing man, I'm glad you hit the PRs, were able to squat at all, and had such a great showing. I have mixed feelings on your 9/9 though almost want to give you ****, should you have gone heavier??

Can't tell you how pumped I am though, this makes me seriously think about getting back into competing

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome showing man, I'm glad you hit the PRs, were able to squat at all, and had such a great showing. I have mixed feelings on your 9/9 though almost want to give you ****, should you have gone heavier??

Can't tell you how pumped I am though, this makes me seriously think about getting back into competing
You make the biggest total by successfully making your greatest attempts - nobody gives a **** how colossally you missed

On squat, my 507 second moved well but not insanely strong, so I went up 10kg/22lbs. The third (529) was much slower, and the way the audience and spotters cheered I knew it was a grind, but I was determined. 534 would have been a bad call.

On bench I was wanting to go 352 for my third, but on 336 my right arm struggled very significantly to lock out. Definitely harder than a second should be. So much so that 347 was even very ballsy, but I had did 345 in training so I really wanted to try to chip it at least. I knew I had to set up absolutely perfect, and I did - 347 was much better. 336 had been a technical issue, not a power one.

I only pulled 529 on a Texas bar in training, since I’ve barely been able to pull. So I took 534 on my second, and that moved strong, so I said screw it and made another 15kg/33lb jump - I wanted to know where I stand and I already had a total. It was a tough pull but clean, and I definitely could not have done 600 today, so I’m happy with it. That Kabuki bar always has a little extra pop for me it seems!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You make the biggest total by successfully making your greatest attempts - nobody gives a **** how colossally you missed

On squat, my 507 second moved well but not insanely strong, so I went up 10kg/22lbs. The third (529) was much slower, and the way the audience and spotters cheered I knew it was a grind, but I was determined. 534 would have been a bad call.

On bench I was wanting to go 352 for my third, but on 336 my right arm struggled very significantly to lock out. Definitely harder than a second should be. So much so that 347 was even very ballsy, but I had did 345 in training so I really wanted to try to chip it at least. I knew I had to set up absolutely perfect, and I did - 347 was much better. 336 had been a technical issue, not a power one.

I only pulled 529 on a Texas bar in training, since I’ve barely been able to pull. So I took 534 on my second, and that moved strong, so I said screw it and made another 15kg/33lb jump - I wanted to know where I stand and I already had a total. It was a tough pull but clean, and I definitely could not have done 600 today, so I’m happy with it. That Kabuki bar always has a little extra pop for me it seems!
That’s awesome man congratulations!!

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Congratulations man! I somehow recently came Across a pic of you a few years ago when searching for something else and just saw your pic at 226 and gotta say seeing the two photos and comparing the lifts in just a few short years, truly incredible work.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

So awesome man, I'm pumped!!!!! Glad you had such a great meet, honestly your weekend leaves me totally motivated for my week of work

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That’s awesome man….congratulations on all the PRs, and truly amazing when you look at all the challenges you had to overcome. That’s a victory any way you look at it.💪🏆

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Congratulations !! And the fact that you had fun is Great !!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Congrats @Hyde! That's awesome, sounds like everything was just clicking for you this meet. Between nailing your weight, hitting 9/9, and setting PRs. As others have said, doing this coming off injury too is very impressive. We all have a lot we can learn from you!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Great Job at the meet! I had no question you were going to do well. Congrats at the PR Total and per each lift at this weight. Great meet altogether!

Also curious like @ANABOLICWRWLF do you intend to stay at a lower weight and go up further or head back up the scale for your next meet? Hitting the 1500 @220 would be pretty slick.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You smoked it man! Good job @Hyde. Hey I was looking back for the pic you posted of your hammy and can’t find it. Can you post it again? I was telling someone about it and how you used BPC-157 in your recovery. I’m a big believer in the peptide as well. I go to an integrative dr and they gave me two injections in my hip due to an injury. Took care of something that’s been nagging me for 3 years.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congratulations !! And the fact that you had fun is Great !!
Honestly it was a ton of fun. It might have been more fun than the last one, because I had to push so hard and suffer so much to accomplish the 730kg/1,609 and there was so much internal pressure to pull it off. This meet there was no pressure - I was just going out to try to lift as much as I could that day.

You thinking you'll stay in this body weight range for a while or owning to move back up?
Also curious like @ANABOLICWRWLF do you intend to stay at a lower weight and go up further or head back up the scale for your next meet? Hitting the 1500 @220 would be pretty slick.
I originally signed up for the meet because I was small enough & knew I was capable of 1,500 at 220, shooting for a 1,510 Masters level total.

I want to lean out a bit more yet, but honestly I think I probably won’t bother with another at 220. At 5’10”, 242 is my optimal class to maximize, and pursuing PRs there will put me closer to hitting new absolute bests.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You smoked it man! Good job @Hyde. Hey I was looking back for the pic you posted of your hammy and can’t find it. Can you post it again? I was telling someone about it and how you used BPC-157 in your recovery. I’m a big believer in the peptide as well. I go to an integrative dr and they gave me two injections in my hip due to an injury. Took care of something that’s been nagging me for 3 years.
Sure thing:

IMG_9260.JPG

The blood mainly pooled at the bottom of the ham, into the calf, but it was coming from higher up on the adductor. It just took time to seep down visibly.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Honestly it was a ton of fun. It might have been more fun than the last one, because I had to push so hard and suffer so much to accomplish the 730kg/1,609 and there was so much internal pressure to pull it off. This meet there was no pressure - I was just going out to try to lift as much as I could that day.

I originally signed up for the meet because I was small enough & knew I was capable of 1,500 at 220, shooting for a 1,510 Masters level total.

I want to lean out a bit more yet, but honestly I think I probably won’t bother with another at 220. At 5’10”, 242 is my optimal class to maximize, and pursuing PRs there will put me closer to hitting new absolute bests.
Just gonna keep cutting down then bulk up to a leaner 242?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just gonna keep cutting down then bulk up to a leaner 242?
Yeah I’d say that’s where my mindset is at. I remember feeling very good still at 253lbs last year, being able to walk around the neighborhood and play at the park without feeling heavy on my feet.

Thanks bro. It’s crazy how well BPC-157 works. I’m sure the GH had a hand in it too
You have to pin it very often since the half life is so tiny, but just like GH it does a LOT in that little window of action. The two have a 1+1=3 synergy, truly. GH upregulates the receptors that BPC & TB500 will act on to heal damaged tissues.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I’d say that’s where my mindset is at. I remember feeling very good still at 253lbs last year, being able to walk around the neighborhood and play at the park without feeling heavy on my feet.
there's a big difference between 253lbs of fat and 253lbs of muscle that can support itself and protect it's joints.
I know we 'generally' have different goals but as I'm up 15-20lbs since last summer I have been contemplating buying some new sauconys and throwing in mild jogs just to make sure I can, keep cardio up etc.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
there's a big difference between 253lbs of fat and 253lbs of muscle that can support itself and protect it's joints.
I know we 'generally' have different goals but as I'm up 15-20lbs since last summer I have been contemplating buying some new sauconys and throwing in mild jogs just to make sure I can, keep cardio up etc.
I don’t really know what point you’re trying to make.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I don’t really know what point you’re trying to make.
Ahh just that you're gonna carry 253 a lot better than a non athlete!

You mentioned feeling good on your feet at that weight and I believe it!

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sounds like you had a great meet and considering the injuries you fought threw and dropping all that weight it is insane what you accomplished. Love meet were someone else is in your flight and you can push each other and cheer each other on.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I bet you are looking pretty solid of leaning down then bumping the carbs!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Oh lol well yeah I figured that was a given. I didn’t exactly look like your average Walmartian the last time I was that weight lol.
LOL I did, and a day of hiking left my knees unbendable for about 3 days 😅

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I bet you are looking pretty solid of leaning down then bumping the carbs!
On the way home from the meet I stopped at my favorite travel center on 55, Wally’s, and got a big slushie and some pulled pork, brisket, and pastrami sandwiches.

Then yesterday I just let myself eat whatever I wanted, whenever. Not going out for food or binging, just eating up scraps and junk around the house if I desired it. Some ramen, Oreos, leftover pizza, Pringles, mac n cheese, pop tarts, etc. I don’t take my weight on training mornings since it’s early, but I didn’t look too bad!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
3/21/23

7 min walk

EZBar JM PRESS
17x30
45,80,100,117x15

EZBar French Press
70,90x15

V-Handle Tri Pressdown
44 2x20

DB Front Raise
30 2x15

Duffin Upright Row
35,25x15

Incline Bench
45,95,115x15

Plate-loaded Chest Press
70 2x15

Cable Flyes
17.5 2x20

Back in the gym! I am a fan of Dave Tate’s advice that lifters back off the barbell for at least a month post-comp, for spinal healing. I feel good right now and want to keep it that way - what I need is to build up some work capacity & focus on the smaller stuff that gets neglected before a meet.

Started Alexander Bromley’s Kong: Savage Size program today; planning on using the first 4 week block of it. It’s a 5-day split, but as I train 4 days weekly I will run it on 9-day microcycles (so I’ll do the 4 training weeks over 5 calendar weeks).

This program is absolutely free to run on the free app Boost Camp if anyone is interested. Today was a fun change of pace!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In some ways, more of a bb approach vs the normal pl? Looks like a great pump day. tri, delt, and chest work?
Definitely hypertrophy-focused. In the 12-week program, each 4 week block gets heavier & more specific to the powerlifts, but it’s still a fundamental development plan.

I am not doing the whole program, and I am not in a place to really grow (food and anabolic signaling isn’t going to be there), but it’s a way to provide structure for this period. I want to give my body a reprieve, bring up any highly-lagging odds & ends, & build up some work capacity. I’m training to get in shape to be able to start training

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I am not doing the whole program, and I am not in a place to really grow (food and anabolic signaling isn’t going to be there), but it’s a way to provide structure for this period. I want to give my body a reprieve, bring up any highly-lagging odds & ends, & build up some work capacity. I’m training to get in shape to be able to start training
That, and it's fun!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
3/21/23

7 min walk

EZBar JM PRESS
17x30
45,80,100,117x15

EZBar French Press
70,90x15

V-Handle Tri Pressdown
44 2x20

DB Front Raise
30 2x15

Duffin Upright Row
35,25x15

Incline Bench
45,95,115x15

Plate-loaded Chest Press
70 2x15

Cable Flyes
17.5 2x20

Back in the gym! I am a fan of Dave Tate’s advice that lifters back off the barbell for at least a month post-comp, for spinal healing. I feel good right now and want to keep it that way - what I need is to build up some work capacity & focus on the smaller stuff that gets neglected before a meet.

Started Alexander Bromley’s Kong: Savage Size program today; planning on using the first 4 week block of it. It’s a 5-day split, but as I train 4 days weekly I will run it on 9-day microcycles (so I’ll do the 4 training weeks over 5 calendar weeks).

This program is absolutely free to run on the free app Boost Camp if anyone is interested. Today was a fun change of pace!
Had to go check this app out. Pretty freaking cool all the programs on there!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
An extra 45 minutes of sleep is always welcome!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
3/22/23
BW 227.2

7 min walk

GHR
2x20

RDL
95,135,205x5
255x15
275x13

Legpress
360x8
450,540x15

DB Walking Lunges
25,32.5x12

Leg Extensions
150,170x15

Ate a lot of food today so I felt good & went in for an evening session. Knocked this out in 75 minutes - holy heart failure, Batman! The weights were easy but definitely had to fight my work capacity.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
3/23/23

8 min walk

Rope Cable Facepulls
38 2x20

ss w/ Rope Cable Tri Ext
38 2x15

Klokov Press
45x10
65,70x15

One-arm Cable Lateral Raise
11 2x15

One-arm DB Row
60x6
85x3
100 2x20

Lat Pulldowns
121 2x15

DB Hammercurls
30 2x15

EZBar 21s
40 2x21

3 days in a row with 75 minute accessory-based gym sessions - I don’t even know who I am anymore The Klokovs were blowing up shoulder muscles in my upper back I didn’t know existed, and the DB Row cardio basically made me want to puke.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I do them one arm on bench for support as well, but believe me my heart rate was jacked! 2x20 was basically 2x40 from my heart’s perspective.
And it wasn't 20 of a baby weight either!!!!