Hyde’s Strength Odyssey

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
SNS Kidney Assist XT - Kidney, Liver, Bladder, Urinary Tract, Cardiovascular Health, & More

I just wanted to share this product for awareness, because these are ingredients I believe in, & this intro sale on the bundles is awesome with the extra discount and free products.
I'm gonna end up needing a Steves Club annual membership card 😅

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
3/14/23

Reverse Hyper
180 2x25

Band Pullaparts
KB Suitcase Carries
KB One-leg Deadlift
BW Squat

Squat, squatbar
55x3,3,2
165x3
275 3x2

Band Facepulls, Lats, Tris, Pecs

Bench
45x5,5,3
95x5
135,185x3
225x1
245 3x1

Benny’s Band Shoulder Complex
Micro 3x5

That’s all she wrote. No more training until the meet Sunday.

Tried to get a lot of salt yesterday and consumed ~1.75 gallons of water. Today will be 2 gallons with a good amount of salt, then carbs drop out tomorrow, water will stay up, salt minimal. No salt Thursday, complete fast on Friday based on morning weight then.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Tried to get a lot of salt yesterday and consumed ~1.75 gallons of water. Today will be 2 gallons with a good amount of salt, then carbs drop out tomorrow, water will stay up, salt minimal. No salt Thursday, complete fast on Friday based on morning weight then.
When is weigh in, Friday or Sat morning? I'm sorta studying your dietary approach for the week and understanding when you carb back up.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
When is weigh in, Friday or Sat morning? I'm sorta studying your dietary approach for the week and understanding when you carb back up.
Saturday.

I will fast Friday from so many hours out, including all water from that point on. I will also not consume sodium that day, and very minimal on Thursday and Wednesday. I will drink a lot of water through Thursday - coupled with a lack of salt, this will actually strip my electrolytes out while increasing frequency of urination. When I stop everything Friday, I have low electrolytes, will have no intake, & a higher frequency of urination, so things will fall off over the day. I can also sweat in the sauna late Friday night at the gym if it appears I have some extra weight to lose. I would like to go to bed Friday within 1-2lbs of making weight. I need to be in Chicagoland around 8:30am to get in line for when the scale opens at 9am.

If I wake heavy for some reason, I can always hit the gas station before I leave for some sour candies to suck on and spit in a bottle as I drive with the heat on high while wearing a hoodie, but sweating takes energy so that’s only a last resort.

As soon as I’m off the scale, I have a drink ready with salt and carbs I’ll begin sipping at a pace. If it goes well, in 10-15 minutes I will consume more, and by 30 minutes usually I’m drinking freely. I wait at least 1 hour to let the fluids get me filled out some before putting food in (you can’t digest well when dehydrated). You want to keep fats minimal, with the emphasis on simple carbs, fluid, sodium, creatine - you need to restore all of the fluid you lost and hopefully store a little extra. Only the last meal of the day would ideally be high fat, for sheer calories, as a top off.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
man so much of that regiment reminds me of my wrestling days, sounds awesome. Except this is better since you get to eat after wards and we basically weighed in a half hour before competing lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
How many carbs do you intend to have during your refeed/ rehydration process?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff that is around where I was guessing.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Saturday.

I will fast Friday from so many hours out, including all water from that point on. I will also not consume sodium that day, and very minimal on Thursday and Wednesday. I will drink a lot of water through Thursday - coupled with a lack of salt, this will actually strip my electrolytes out while increasing frequency of urination. When I stop everything Friday, I have low electrolytes, will have no intake, & a higher frequency of urination, so things will fall off over the day. I can also sweat in the sauna late Friday night at the gym if it appears I have some extra weight to lose. I would like to go to bed Friday within 1-2lbs of making weight. I need to be in Chicagoland around 8:30am to get in line for when the scale opens at 9am.

If I wake heavy for some reason, I can always hit the gas station before I leave for some sour candies to suck on and spit in a bottle as I drive with the heat on high while wearing a hoodie, but sweating takes energy so that’s only a last resort.

As soon as I’m off the scale, I have a drink ready with salt and carbs I’ll begin sipping at a pace. If it goes well, in 10-15 minutes I will consume more, and by 30 minutes usually I’m drinking freely. I wait at least 1 hour to let the fluids get me filled out some before putting food in (you can’t digest well when dehydrated). You want to keep fats minimal, with the emphasis on simple carbs, fluid, sodium, creatine - you need to restore all of the fluid you lost and hopefully store a little extra. Only the last meal of the day would ideally be high fat, for sheer calories, as a top off.

I'm sure a lot of people do not realize the thought and work that goes into this prep (Me Included). You have done your homework, Good Luck !!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
make sure your wife gets some pics/video hyde-
I think I have to do this one solo It’s just not fair to my son to drag him to a meet at his age/energy level, and my wife would just have to chase him around to entertain him all day & we don’t have anyone who could watch him for 14 hours. She wouldn’t even be able to hand off for me if they came. This meet is not a big one for me, no lifetime PRs, just going to have some fun.

I may try to ask a random to try for a video, but I’m probably up the creek.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
BW 226.4lbs

Definitely lighter than expected, and I looked pretty tight accordingly. I don’t think I undereating; I believe I’m further leaning out from the RAD/S23 & the 200/200mg average of test/mast the last 3 Sundays. On that note, yesterday was the last day of the injectable RAD/S23. Also added Anadrol at 50mg nightly as of Sunday.

I might have a couple loose tabs of Var I’ll take tomorrow and Friday to offset the S23 being out (RAD has a long half-life and still going). After weighins Saturday I will do a shot of Test Prop & NPP to help volumize without messing with my gut the way an oral would.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I think I have to do this one solo It’s just not fair to my son to drag him to a meet at his age/energy level, and my wife would just have to chase him around to entertain him all day & we don’t have anyone who could watch him for 14 hours. She wouldn’t even be able to hand off for me if they came. This meet is not a big one for me, no lifetime PRs, just going to have some fun.

I may try to ask a random to try for a video, but I’m probably up the creek.

years ago one of the comps I was in had a live stream going about I didn't know about until after the event, maybe you'll get lucky and find these guys do too. good luck bro, hope it's a good meet.

Dan Green was talking a while back with Dave Tate about improvements they had made on their meets and how they had cut the total time down to like 4.5-5hrs! I was like damn, that might bring me back to competing lol. last few I did were check ins at like 7am, go home around 5pm if you're lucky.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
years ago one of the comps I was in had a live stream going about I didn't know about until after the event, maybe you'll get lucky and find these guys do too. good luck bro, hope it's a good meet.

Dan Green was talking a while back with Dave Tate about improvements they had made on their meets and how they had cut the total time down to like 4.5-5hrs! I was like damn, that might bring me back to competing lol. last few I did were check ins at like 7am, go home around 5pm if you're lucky.
Rules at 8, meet begins at 9. There’s only 28-29 people on this roster, so I’m assuming they will do 3 flights if they want to stretch it out to 4pm or so, but they could theoretically do 2 and make it fly if they hate us

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
oh geez 28-29 will be fast regardless. I think Dan's meet he was referring to was like 90 guys. they had set up 2 platforms and had one finished in 4.5hrs and one in 5hrs. I'm not sure what I think would be optimal. I know obv pounding out max efforts 9 times in 90 minutes might be a bit tight lol, but 12 hours of chilling can be exhausting too in its own way.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
oh geez 28-29 will be fast regardless. I think Dan's meet he was referring to was like 90 guys. they had set up 2 platforms and had one finished in 4.5hrs and one in 5hrs. I'm not sure what I think would be optimal. I know obv pounding out max efforts 9 times in 90 minutes might be a bit tight lol, but 12 hours of chilling can be exhausting too in its own way.
Yeah I would rather a little slow than too fast but not a 12 hour ordeal. We had 80 with one platform and I want to say it was about 6-7 hours total including the lifters meeting.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Man, got the abs showing and all…..I picture you just plowing through a bunch of skinny volleyball players, just for the fun of it. But seriously though, your shoulders, arms, and traps are jacked and really show at that weight. Mrs Hyde is gonna have to be slinging the girls left and right when you go to the gym.
Funny thing is, I bet she could sling a CrossFit girl pretty far.💪
New strongwoman event!

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Nice recomp dude. It’s amazing to me how effective fasting is for you guys!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
90 on 2 platforms is really just a 45 lifter meet, time-wise. Which is a pretty standard meet, 40-60 lifters. Single platform is usually capped at 60.

When I totaled 1,603 in 2020 during COVID, there was almost nobody at the meet. I did the biggest total of my life at the time in 2.5 hours in legit 100* Indiana summer with no AC. The single fan in the warehouse was pointed at the platform.

I can assure you, it’s better to have a long day than one that moves too fast!

Nice recomp dude. It’s amazing to me how effective fasting is for you guys!
Thank you! People keep saying ‘recomp’, but I’m pretty sure losing 17kg/37lbs qualifies as a cut

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My sister had a baby today, so that’s the exciting news in my life - I’m an uncle again! And my son will have another boy to play with at holidays, which is great. Everything went smoothly and everyone is healthy.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Congrats buddy that's great news. As my brothers kids get older (7,5,4) I enjoy being an uncle more and more and love taking them down to the gym at mom and dads barn cause I figure it's a memory they'll have in old age

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My sister had a baby today, so that’s the exciting news in my life - I’m an uncle again! And my son will have another boy to play with at holidays, which is great. Everything went smoothly and everyone is healthy.
Congrats bro and good luck at the meet. You’ve been killing it lately!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Happy to hear it all went well!! Congratulations man!!!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That’s great news….glad Mother and Baby are doing well. When they get older, tell little Hyde to take it easy on his little cousin. You don’t want to turn around and he’s carrying him around like a sand bag.💪

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That’s great news….glad Mother and Baby are doing well. When they get older, tell little Hyde to take it easy on his little cousin. You don’t want to turn around and he’s carrying him around like a sand bag.
That's exactly what he wants. LMAO!!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
BW 223.8lbs

Again, lighter than expected. Yesterday was low carb and low sodium, today even more so. I’m definitely not going to need any sweating or a complete fast tomorrow (Friday) to make weight Saturday morning. I will just cut off water at some point tomorrow based on morning weight, and might even have a couple meals.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
BW 223.8lbs

Again, lighter than expected. Yesterday was low carb and low sodium, today even more so. I’m definitely not going to need any sweating or a complete fast tomorrow (Friday) to make weight Saturday morning. I will just cut off water at some point tomorrow based on morning weight, and might even have a couple meals.
Now that’s what you call a perfect cut, slide on into your weight the day before, and walk right into weigh-ins the morning of the meet without even breaking a “sweat”.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Now that’s what you call a perfect cut, slide on into your weight the day before, and walk right into weigh-ins the morning of the meet without even breaking a “sweat”.
And not starving either!

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
90 on 2 platforms is really just a 45 lifter meet, time-wise. Which is a pretty standard meet, 40-60 lifters. Single platform is usually capped at 60.

When I totaled 1,603 in 2020 during COVID, there was almost nobody at the meet. I did the biggest total of my life at the time in 2.5 hours in legit 100* Indiana summer with no AC. The single fan in the warehouse was pointed at the platform.

I can assure you, it’s better to have a long day than one that moves too fast!

Thank you! People keep saying ‘recomp’, but I’m pretty sure losing 17kg/37lbs qualifies as a cut
You are right of course, it’s just hard to think of it as a cut when the subject looks more muscular in the after image

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You are right of course, it’s just hard to think of it as a cut when the subject looks more muscular in the after image
If done correctly all cuts should end this way. I mean look at you, the proof is in the pudding my friend!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
BW 223.6lbs

Plan is to fast from food today (this is easier to me than eating & better for muscle retention). Total fluid today at 48oz (2 gallons/day last 3 days). Took my Nattokinase, astragalus, Var, B complex, 400mg potassium. Will take a serving of milk of magnesia soon.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
BW 223.6lbs

Plan is to fast from food today (this is easier to me than eating & better for muscle retention). Total fluid today at 48oz (2 gallons/day last 3 days). Took my Nattokinase, astragalus, Var, B complex, 400mg potassium. Will take a serving of milk of magnesia soon.
You are the Mad Scientist !! actually I am very impressed with your knowledge !!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I always did love that story, how the doctor transformed himself with a potion into something stronger…and stranger That is what my screen name is in reference to.
Yep, a true classic.😎

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Weighing in now or did you finish already?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Weighing in now or did you finish already?
Weighins went well!

I was 220.6lbs at 10pm last night & 219.2lbs at 6am today. Did some chewing gum & spitting in a cup for good measure over the 2+ hour car ride and weighed 99.1kg on comp scale at 9:15am - 218.5lbs.

I am nearly a gallon deep in gatorade and weighing 226.5 currently. Ate a full bag of cheddar rice snacks, 2 packs of Poptarts, and a tray of yakisoba ramen. So over 500g carbs down

Time to nap