How much can you bench??:)

Pitbull954

Pitbull954

Awards
  • Established
I might as well chime in, bench 1rm 225, deadlift 420. Only things I've maxed out on. I am 175. 5'9. 15 years old.
WOWWWW 15 years old!!!!!!!!! Wow when I was 15 I remember doing 135 for 10 HAHAHA you the man for real.... 420 Dead I don't even know if I can do that lol..... Man seriously don't quit just eat, eat, lift, sleep lol and wow I would love too see your numbers in about 4 years..... Keep up the good work!!!!

Mason

Awards
WOWWWW 15 years old!!!!!!!!! Wow when I was 15 I remember doing 135 for 10 HAHAHA you the man for real.... 420 Dead I don't even know if I can do that lol..... Man seriously don't quit just eat, eat, lift, sleep lol and wow I would love too see your numbers in about 4 years..... Keep up the good work!!!!
Thank you. I will. Lifting is a major part of my life, except I can't deadlift/squat/powerclean really because when I was deadlifting I pulled a muscle in my back and tore cartlige in my spine and injured it alot worse wrestling even though I was hurt. I still do full body work outs and cardio though, speaking of which I'm gonna go do hitt and run stairs.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I might as well chime in, bench 1rm 225, deadlift 420. Only things I've maxed out on. I am 175. 5'9. 15 years old.
DAMN bro...when I was 15 I dont even think I could put up 135!! Keep it up!!

BV

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
haha damn..talk about back from the dead...I thought this was one of those flukes...that shows up in your subscribed threads, but there isn't really anything new

funny...and I still don't do flat bench

h19

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Wow, this thread is so old school that Yellow Jacket posted in it LOL

cubbybear

Awards
13yrs old: 200 bench
14yrs: 290 touch-and-go, and 260 pause (it got me an extra free month on my first gym membership from the owner who didn't believe me when I joined)
recently (32 yrs old): 415x4 reps and 315x17 reps, weighing a chubby 237 at 5'5.5" tall.

By the way, inside my profile is my homepage where we keep a list of miscellaneous gym pr's there and stuff if anybody would like to take a look.

Mason

Awards
13yrs old: 200 bench
14yrs: 290 touch-and-go, and 260 pause (it got me an extra free month on my first gym membership from the owner who didn't believe me when I joined)
recently (32 yrs old): 415x4 reps and 315x17 reps, weighing a chubby 237 at 5'5.5" tall.

By the way, inside my profile is my homepage where we keep a list of miscellaneous gym pr's there and stuff if anybody would like to take a look.
13 yo- 200? Holy ****!

Spartan117

Awards
315 x 6 (last set on my chest work out)
550 x 5 squat- 18 yrs old, 29 now

Don't squat heavy now, had knee surgeries. I'm 5'10'' about 220. My dumbell presses suck though- 95 x 8 on last set. I've switched to db presses just bc they work my chest harder. I don't do 1 rep maxes, I work out by myself and would prolly die.

CREAO

Awards
315x2 on flat BB

lol, my friends bet me I couldn't do the bar more then a 100 times...so I accepted the bet and did it 198 (most exhaustive thing ever)

Rocky82

Awards
  • Established
I wasn't allowed to start lifting till I was 14. That's when I started getting alot bigger and alot stronger.
Yeah i was just referring to heavy lifting retarding the growth of your long bones thats all.

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
I think that people put so much emphasis on "how much you bench"...it messes me up mentally and makes me scared to try and go all out and go super heavy.. Something like I would be pissed at myself if I couldn't bench as much as I expected. I'm odd.

h19

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I think that people put so much emphasis on "how much you bench"...it messes me up mentally and makes me scared to try and go all out and go super heavy.. Something like I would be pissed at myself if I couldn't bench as much as I expected. I'm odd.
Im the same way,

Pitbull954

Pitbull954

Awards
  • Established

h19
Keep that thought process that way you wont get hurt :twisted:

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
I just go heavy with dumbells..

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
405 1rm, and I don't plan to go higher..

Khyron

Awards
405 for 1 rep, but I'm 265lbs so I can even bench 2 times my wieght.

StanChampion

StanChampion

Awards
  • Established
Have done 365 for 4. I need to get 405 for just one and then I will be content. :)

5'11" @ 212 right now, 10%ish bf.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
At the time of my max bench, i was 5'11, 130, and 1rm 215 flat bench.....

These days its much less....

FiGMan

Awards
Currently 1RM is at 225. This is after a good month or so absence from the gym however which I'm very pissed about. Prior to this I was at a 1RM of 270 which for we was exciting being that I'm 5'6 145lbs. Everyone always would yell at me (in fun of course) and says I suck cuz I'm short with short arms but thats simply not the case. I have always been around this size but got to the point after prob 2 years of straight lifting with really no breaks inbetween and it all just came around. Compared to when i was younger and in HS I would be way less dedicated to the gym and have other obligations like sports. (wresting n golf). Just goes to show you if your thinking of taking any serious time off DONT lol. Frustrating losing 45lbs off of my bench and other things too of course just by missing almost a month.

The Experiment

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
6'0 @ 210 lbs 14% bf Gear-free

Bench: 335 x 3
Squat: 510 x 4

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
405 1rm, and I don't plan to go higher..
That's my long term goal...dont see a point in going higher than that:D My body couldnt handle it anyway, Im sure.

BV

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
the bar if im lucky lol....i work out so much on my legs and butt, and nothing on my arms........not good....im going to start working on them next week after my vacation i swear.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Ughh...right now, probably mid to low 300s. I've not worked out for a while. Only about 5-6 total weeks in since October, and those weeks were all in one short burst.

I was "probably" around 405 before though. Didn't test it. 315 x 9, so pretty close I guess.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
That's a lot of weight you big guys put up.

I've benched 315 x 4.
I can barely deadlift 335 x 4.
I don't squat no more, bad back & knees. :(

My back & legs are my most developed bodyparts and my chest the #1 laggard. :wtf:

For sure, pushing 405 is a lot of weight. Adding reps to 405 is respectable... :p

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
A couple of months ago my 1 rep max was 410 but my shoulder felt funny. Since then i've started working a lot of dumbell chest press movements as I changed up my routine. My goal in 18 months is 500 though. I want to take a picture of me benching it as the bar is sloping so I can put it in the photo album and show people when i'm 50 and frail.

mab904

mab904

Awards
145lbs, with a pause at the chest and 135lbs for two yesterday:woohoo:

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
145lbs, with a pause at the chest and 135lbs for two yesterday:woohoo:
so thats what i have to do one day to have nice young looking, not jiggly, dangly arms........ alot of work....... im such a lazy bum :(

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not to offend Kwyk but looking at your avatar I don't think lazy bum is a good way to describe ya(comparing from old avatars of yourself)

As for Mab? That's awesome! Maybe one day i'll get to a point where I can put my own body up as an avatar :p

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm married with 4 kids man. I'll be lucky to make it to 50 so I was being optamistic :p

Pitbull954

Pitbull954

Awards
  • Established
I'm married with 4 kids man. I'll be lucky to make it to 50 so I was being optamistic :p
Four kids ..... Man I have nothing but respect for you, I don't know how people do it with that many kids. You must have soooo much patients..

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thats it?? Dude you need to check your diet and get more rest...... Think about running 2000mg of test for 6 months also....

:icon_lol: :icon_lol:
Test is overrated. Tren at a gram week is where its at, sir. :D

The Experiment

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
45,000lbs for 6.
You lightweight!

I don't squat no more, bad back & knees
I noticed your age and it seems to be that age where your body starts giving out. My Dad used to squat 600-700 lbs but at that point, his knees and ankles got bad. He had to get chiropractic help at least twice a week. Now he just lightly does sets of 450 lbs and he's 48. So apparently long term squatting will do that to you.

Malek256

Awards
Best I've ever done was 324.5 for 2 reps, flat bench, with 475 on the deadlifts. I was 195 lbs and 16-18% body fat at that time, I was very pleased with this being with a tendency to be really skinny-fat and a natural lifter (though I do play with a lot of non PH supps nowadays and that line's getting blurry...)

But: I took a very nice rotator injury and rear delt tear right after that, probably set up by that personal best and have not since got past 275, nor have I really tried - it's all about slow, controlled movements now. And I have not taken an injury since.

I think going for maximum power is a great way to find out that you have muscle imbalances because you're likely to get a tear.

Sooty

Banned
Awards
Well... jeez...
I am 17...
5ft6
160 lbs...
My one rep max for bench is I think 245? Deadlift is around 390.