Higenamine HCL concern

Riptor

Awards
I am two weeks through a bottle of Demonio by ASC Supplements and gradually built up the dosage to 4 caps per day (split as 2 caps twice per day).

I was already reasonably lean at the start, and along with food tracking and weights 4 times per week plus heavy bag boxing 40 mins per day I have got down to 10% body fat. However, I’m just concerned a bit about the Higenamine HCL content and potential cardiovascular issues that I was reading about yesterday because it is contained within a proprietary blend. I didn’t notice any palpitations or anything like that at 2 caps twice a day, but 3 caps in one go gave me some significant stimulation but no palpitations. I’ve stopped taking Demonio.

Just wondering if anyone else had concerns/experiences with this ingredient as it apparently banned by the WADO?

The supplement details are below:

SUPPLEMENT FACTS

2 Capsules / 4 Capsules

Servings Per Container: 50/25

Amount Per Serving

2 Capsules %DV

4 Capsules %DV

FAT SHRED MATRIX

Garcinia Cambogia Extract (fruit) (60% HCA) 250mg/500mg

InnoSlim® Panax Notopinseno and Astracalus Membranaceus)
125mg/250mg

Cocoabutero| Coca Ediach (Sonu, Ssintureso luc 20%5 Cocas Astolas.
75 mg/150mg

Yohimbine HCI (Pausinystalia Vohimbe)
1.5mg/3mg

Alpha Yohimbine (Rauwolscine) (Raunvollia Vomitoria)
1.5 mg/3mg

DEMONIO MATRIX
(760mg/1520mg

Beta Phenylethylamine, Eria Jarensis (Whole Plant) Extract, Caffeine Anhydrous, Theobromine, Di-Caffeine Malate (75% Caffeine), Citrus Aurantium (Fruit) Extract, Nelumbo Nucifera (Seed) Extract, Halostachys

Caspica [Aerial Parts] Extract.

ABSORPTION MATRIX

Black Pepper Extract
5mg10mg

• Percent Daily Values (%DV) are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
  • *Dailv value not established
OTHER INGREDIENTS: Gelatin, Rice Flour, Silica, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium

Stearate, FD&C Blue #1, FD&C Red #40, FD&C Yellow #6.

TOTAL CAFFEINE CONTENT PER 4 CAPSULES: 450mg

*250mg Caffeine Anhydrous/200mg Di Caffeine Malate*

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If you weren't having issues I wouldn't be overly concerned. Higenamine seemed relatively well received and handled and was in tons of stuff awhile back with no real issues from what I remember. I'd be more concerned (but not really actually all that concerned) about the combination of all the different stimulants, as individual responses always vary.

FWIW Higenamine is banned by WADA due to all (most?) beta agonists being banned. Higenamine also isn't FDA compliant anymore (to my knowledge) so I'd be wary of buying new products that have the ingredient because that means the company producing probably isn't compliant with standards of testing that would be up to my preference.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
WADA restrictions are based on performance enhancement, not safety. Looks like the dose is probably pretty low, I doubt there would be much concern. I don’t remember any significant side effects from higenamine.

I’d be more worried about the prop blend and the high number of stims. And as mentioned, the FDA doesn’t recognize Higenamine as a supplement, so any facility following cGMP guidelines won’t make it.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If you weren't having issues I wouldn't be overly concerned. Higenamine seemed relatively well received and handled and was in tons of stuff awhile back with no real issues from what I remember. I'd be more concerned (but not really actually all that concerned) about the combination of all the different stimulants, as individual responses always vary.

FWIW Higenamine is banned by WADA due to all (most?) beta agonists being banned. Higenamine also isn't FDA compliant anymore (to my knowledge) so I'd be wary of buying new products that have the ingredient because that means the company producing probably isn't compliant with standards of testing that would be up to my preference.
Is it similar to asthma meds in the sense it opens up airways for improving cardio output and what not? I've never heard of higenamine. Your post immediately peaked my interest for using it for endurance athletes

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Is it similar to asthma meds in the sense it opens up airways for improving cardio output and what not? I've never heard of higenamine. Your post immediately peaked my interest for using it for endurance athletes
Theoretically ya. It did have a specific "feel" for me (I could always tell when dosed well in a product) I got a specific breathing feeling (I don't really have experience with any other products like that). I don't think it was crazy useful for that, but I liked the energy and it had fat loss benefits via cAMP and always paired really nicely with Forskolin for me.

SNS had it in a few products and a standalone for awhile, I should have stocked up. It was (imo) one of the things that I felt was solid about the old school PES Alphamine (among other things).

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Theoretically ya. It did have a specific "feel" for me (I could always tell when dosed well in a product) I got a specific breathing feeling (I don't really have experience with any other products like that). I don't think it was crazy useful for that, but I liked the energy and it had fat loss benefits via cAMP and always paired really nicely with Forskolin for me.

SNS had it in a few products and a standalone for awhile, I should have stocked up. It was (imo) one of the things that I felt was solid about the old school PES Alphamine (among other things).
Ok, I actually used the old alphamine. I had half a container my cousin had given me and I remember it making me sweat more but feel good, like I had energy to spare.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I like Higenamine as an ingredient, but as stated above in the thread - now that it is no longer allowed as a dietary supplement by the FDA, no cGMP facility will manufacture it, so I would be very leery of the quality of any brand that offers it now.

The Higenamine would be the least of my concerns with that product you mentioned. I will not take products that have the stimulants in a prop blend because I want to know exactly how much I'm taking.