HGH how to combat insulin resistance

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So just ordered OL MK677, going to do a detailed log with bloods, but in the meantime I wanted to discuss the topic about insulin resistance and GH. As far as I understand it, GH binds to the same receptor as insulin and thus contributing to insulin resistance and with that raising blood sugar levels.

So I've read/heard that melanotan can be used to lower insulin resistance. Does anybody have any anecdotal info on that? Did somebody do bloods, test?

I was also thinking that taking other sarms, or AAS could help with blood glucose levels while having elevated serum GH, as anabolics are nutrient partitioners and should help transport the eleveted blood glucose levels to muscle tissue and not fat stores (as fat stores don't get insulin resisted with GH).

Also for me, taking insulin is a no - go. Also I don't see it as a viable option, as it does nothing for insulin resistance and also brings a slew of other problems.

Will be doing fasted blood glucose tests and post prandial glucose tests on different doses of MK. If anybody has any suggestions on protocols about this I am opened to suggestions. I really want to find out how Mk effects bloog glucose, as IMO this is it's worst side effect and should not be taken lightly.

After a month or two, when done with Mk testing, will be adding cjcDAC to the mix and do further testing with that. Will be bulking on cycle.

Peace!

ZachH

ZachH

Banned
Awards
Haven't tested mine with any blood glucose tests but just as a precautionary measure i take 1.5-2g of cinnamon a day plus other various GDA's mainly OL assassinate.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Metaformin

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Haven't tested mine with any blood glucose tests but just as a precautionary measure i take 1.5-2g of cinnamon a day plus other various GDA's mainly OL assassinate.
I'm not sure cinnamon can actually help with insulin resistance caused by GH. Cinnamon can help with people that have damaged metabolism, pre-diabetis (metabolic syndrome), or in other instances that insulin resistance might occur due to chronic food intake that isn't "optimal", also with people that have lots of excess fat... I'm just thinking out loud here, not sure about any of this, so if anybody can chime in, please do. But GH causes insulin resistance cause it binds to the same receptor as insulin dose, so the mechanics of action are really different and I doubt cinnamon can help with that.

Curious about why OL Assassinate helps?

Metaformin
Dude, metformin does lots of other things. Mainly it reduces the production of glucose in the liver. Don't know if this is important but it does this by AMPK and AMPK is the enemy to muscle building :) It's an agonist to mTOR, which is the pathway for building muscle. Don't know how much metformin plays a role in this... maybe it's negligible. But anyway raising insulin sensitivity is just one of it's actions. Also it can bring lots of digestion problems. Also I don't know what is the mechanism of action of metformin in lowering insulin resistance. It might be or it might not be beneficial to GH use. Also I think metformin lowers free T and raises SHBG which is bad :) if it does so in a huge amount. This also might not be of concern for somebody that is already on AAS.

ZachH

ZachH

Banned
Awards
I'm not sure cinnamon can actually help with insulin resistance caused by GH. Cinnamon can help with people that have damaged metabolism, pre-diabetis (metabolic syndrome), or in other instances that insulin resistance might occur due to chronic food intake that isn't "optimal", also with people that have lots of excess fat... I'm just thinking out loud here, not sure about any of this, so if anybody can chime in, please do. But GH causes insulin resistance cause it binds to the same receptor as insulin dose, so the mechanics of action are really different and I doubt cinnamon can help with that.

Curious about why OL Assassinate helps?

Dude, metformin does lots of other things. Mainly it reduces the production of glucose in the liver. Don't know if this is important but it does this by AMPK and AMPK is the enemy to muscle building :) It's an agonist to mTOR, which is the pathway for building muscle. Don't know how much metformin plays a role in this... maybe it's negligible. But anyway raising insulin sensitivity is just one of it's actions. Also it can bring lots of digestion problems. Also I don't know what is the mechanism of action of metformin in lowering insulin resistance. It might be or it might not be beneficial to GH use. Also I think metformin lowers free T and raises SHBG which is bad :) if it does so in a huge amount. This also might not be of concern for somebody that is already on AAS.
From my understanding cinnamon and assassinate both lower blood glucose levels. Thats why some people get hypoglycemia sides when they take them and dont eat enough carbs. Which also from my understanding, MK677's effect on insulin results in higher fasted blood glucose levels. Which is where GDA ingredients and products such as OL assassinate and cinnamon come into play.

In other words, they are band aids for your damaged insulin sensitivity from the MK. They are not curing your resistance to insulin, only treating the side effects which in this case could be higher fasted blood glucose levels

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In other words, they are band aids for your damaged insulin sensitivity from the MK. They are not curing your resistance to insulin, only treating the side effects which in this case could be higher fasted blood glucose levels
Oh I see, tnx, I'll look into it a bit more then.

RE fasted blood glucose: If you have insulin resistance than your glucose levels would be higher also postprandial not just when fasted. This would then eventually lead to damages created by the glucose (as glucose is basically sharp crystals) such as neuropathy, etc. Also it's the muscles that are resistant a not fatty cells, so this might be a problem.

Anyway, need to look up on how cinnamon and OL assassinate lower blood glucose...

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In....

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, or having a weekend break from the gear. But I wonder how much IF helps with GH and IGF dependent insulin resistence...

jmero2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, or having a weekend break from the gear. But I wonder how much IF helps with GH and IGF dependent insulin resistence...
Great point, I have used IF as a way to control my diabetes and it works well. I have never used GH or igf but wonder how IF would work in this situation.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, it might not do anything about the resistance it self but rather just help with blood sugar level, ie. you will have a better hba1c score. But the resistance caused by gh and igf binding to insulin receptors will still be there probably.

Ursa Major

Awards
Metaformin
I used metformin, but it made me feel like I had irritable bowel syndrome, if you do try it get the extended release its alot more gentle and doesnt have that effect.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My first morning fasted blood glucose level is 3.7 mmol. An average of 3 readings. Curently only on alphamax xt.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I used metformin, but it made me feel like I had irritable bowel syndrome, if you do try it get the extended release its alot more gentle and doesnt have that effect.
Yeah thats why I said, it can cause bad digestion which I already have, so no way am I trying metformin. Also we dont know if it helps with gh/igf dependent insulin resistance...

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You can find my log now on the log sections of this forum titled "MK677 log".

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyway, need to look up on how cinnamon and OL assassinate lower blood glucose...
Cinnamon doesn't lower blood glucose levels but it does help to decrease the insulin response/spike from carbohydrate ingestion. It decreases the insulin response by reducing the rate of which your body digests carbs and slowing their entry into the bloodstream. For example, If your body naturally took 15-20 minutes (quick response/spike) to digest 50mg of carbs, the addition of cinnamon could extend that to about 30-40 minutes (slower response/spike).

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cinnamon doesn't lower blood glucose levels but it does help to decrease the insulin response/spike from carbohydrate ingestion. It decreases the insulin response by reducing the rate of which your body digests carbs and slowing their entry into the bloodstream. For example, If your body naturally took 15-20 minutes (quick response/spike) to digest 50mg of carbs, the addition of cinnamon could extend that to about 30-40 minutes (slower response/spike).
This would be interesting and quite easy to test with a glucose tolerance test...

Glycomann

Glycomann

Awards
Best thing I can add to this thread is to get a blood glucose meter. That way you are not shoting in the dark with your research. Then post a thread with your results so the rest of us can gleen something from your experience.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Best thing I can add to this thread is to get a blood glucose meter. That way you are not shoting in the dark with your research. Then post a thread with your results so the rest of us can gleen something from your experience.
Got one. Look 3 posts above :) I opened a thread in cycle logs part of the forum.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've tested dozens of GDA/NP products over the years and have tested nearly all of them against my blood glucose monitor. Very handy piece of equipment to see what's really going on inside.