Here's the getting my Nerve Restore(d)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just need to figure out what size I should order. I think I need a 52 based off of my experience with Ace gear, but I could be wrong.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
4/29

OHP
Worked up to 185x3

Kroc Rows
145x18

Incline DB Press
75x10
80x8
90x7

DB Pullovers/Pullaparts (monster mini)
60x10x3/20x3

Cambered Curls/Side Laterals
95x10/35x12
105x8/35x12
105x8-drop-75x8/35x12+7

Killed it today. Got a wild hair up my ass and decided to give 185 a whirl on OHP. I was hoping for a double and got a smooth triple. Everything else is going up a consistent clip on my main movements along with my key accessories. The only thing I haven't completely added back into the rotation is dips.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Leaned up nicely, I see!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can agree on those two things. You're too hairy to be a bodybuilder anyways.
I used to shave back when I was fighting, but that got old. Sadly, I didn't get much chest hair until the past couple of years.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
From what I've read, the Jack material seems tailor-made for deadlifting. Now that you have an actual deadlift suit, I think some good gains are in order. Are you going to brief up under them?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
From what I've read, the Jack material seems tailor-made for deadlifting. Now that you have an actual deadlift suit, I think some good gains are in order. Are you going to brief up under them?
No, it'll be suit only on those. The main reason I pulled with the single-ply underneath my current squat suit (which is a 54) is to fill some of the space, but not too much to where it impeded me getting to the bar.

I've pulled in the Jack briefs and the leg flare with more tightness on the hips as opposed to the thighs make it a more comfortable setup.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
4/30

Sumo
315x2x7

GM
225x10
275x8x2

Walking DB Lunges
55x20x2

DB Shrugs/Pallof Press (light)
100x12x3/12x3

I was planning to pull heavy today until this morning when I ordered my suit and decided it would be best to save my CNS to give my maiden voyage next week a real run. Really focused on my positioning and speed from the floor to the lockout. I'm starting to go heavy on the GMs again to keep building my squat and eventually hit that 705 by the end of the year. Sadly, there's not a meet in sight for me as the APF schedule doesn't work out and they haven't announced anything beyond June.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
5/2

Bench
275x5 (Ram+1-board)
315x3 (Ram+1-board)
Add shirt
405x2 (2-board)
455x2 (2-board)
495x0
455x1 (1-board)

Meadows Row
90x12x4

Lat Pull
200x10x3

Rolling DB Ex/Facepulls
35x12x3/60x12x3

Pullaparts (mini)
25x2

Good and bad day. I never like to fail on my attempts in training. That being said, I did two things this week that I didn't do last week: doubled 455 to a 2 and then hit 455 to a 1. It was slow as molasses, but I got the rep.

On the failed set, my setup was awful. I couldn't get my legs underneath me (I'm having trouble with this all around still) or lock in my lats. I need to keep loosening up my psoas and piriformis in my hips to bring back my leg drive and keep working out all of the junk in my traps. I won't be shirting up next week (or benching at all) as I'll be working the PES booth at the Europa. This should give plenty of time to let the inflammation subside and allow me to loosen the needed areas.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
5/4

565x1
605x1
665x1

Hypers/Donkey Calf Raises/Hanging Leg Raises
BW+45x15/360x15/BWx10
BW+45x15/400x15/BWx10
BW+45x15/400x10-pause-BWx25/BWx10

I'm in such a groove right now with my squats. The 2:1 of ME and DE on squats is saving both my hips and my back while allowing my CNS time to recover. Me being the perfectionist still notices flaws on my work up sets and a little high on them as well. On the plus side, I'm progressing very well and beat my number from the previous week without using straps up like I did last week. I was tempted to take another set after the 665, but I decided to pull back slightly for two reasons: I have no meet in sight and I want to be ready to go full bore on Wednesday when I get my suit. Speaking of suits, I found a place around where I live that can take in my squat suit as I'd like it to be about 1/2" tighter on the hips and fold up the bottom seam on the leg.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Much cleaner reps this week for certain. Very nice work.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
5/6

OHP
165x6
145x10

Kroc Rows
145x19

Incline DB Press
60x10x3

Blast Strap Invert Row/Tri Ex
BWx10x3/BWx10x3

IYT/Cambered Curls
10x8x3/75x12x3

I don't know what the hell happened on my main set of OHP. I think I didn't get set properly and the groove was all over the place. I kinda made up for it on the hypertrophy set, but that's a small consolation. The main goal today was to get in solid work and get some blood to my scapula while working on the entire ROM. The area feels better yet I still have a ways to go before I get to 100%.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn impressive numbers in here!! Apparently I need to get myself another bottle of Nerve Restore ;)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
5/7

Sumo
Worked up to 600x1

Uni LP
320x15x3

DB Shrugs/Standing Cable Crunches
100x15x2/130x12x2
100x12/130x12

Well, I have some altering that I need to do to the suit. I expected it to be really tight on the hips and moderate on the thighs. In reality, it was the opposite and the thighs were very tight with moderate hip tightness. I'll likely pinch in the hips 1/2" to get more support. I went straps up with 600 and 615 and the difference off the floor is very noticeable. Even though I was far from my best today (even 500 moved pretty slow) I tied my PR. On the 615, I lost my grip as I went slightly forward out of the bottom.

Overall, I'm happy with the suit so far. It's hard to gauge anything off of one use and even more so when you feel meh.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sent out some MyoSynergy today, to help you reach those goals. The Nerve Restore has already proven itself to have helped you quite a bit...let's see what adding the Myo does.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Going thru the log now when you have free time can you give me some cliff notes on what you feel Nerve Restore has done for you? thanks your a monster btw, good stuff
I've had, for lack of a better word, "dead" mind-muscle connections in certain areas. The main area has been my upper back and lats. I initially noticed tingling in the affected areas, which was a great sign as it was mess. Slowly but surely, I've been able to reestablish contracting my lats and mid-traps and that's helped put my shoulder girdle into optimal position. It's obviously helped me to bench again, but has also given me a better shelf for squats and improved my technique on deadlifts.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome bro thank you for your time. Have you notice better reaction time and or coordination ? Maybe faster pulls ?
I don't really do anything that would test my reaction time these days, but I have noticed that it's easier to get into my grooves when I get to >90%.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm in the middle of a freaking storm in Dallas for the Europa right now. Probably won't get to train tomorrow night either.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Got in two pouches of MyoSynergy this weekend and will be adding those in tomorrow.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Awesome. It became more pronounced yesterday. I experienced less fatigue and everything just felt "lighter". I have DOMS like a mother ****er now. I can't wait to lift tomorrow.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome. It became more pronounced yesterday. I experienced less fatigue and everything just felt "lighter". I have DOMS like a mother ****er now. I can't wait to lift tomorrow.
How are you dosing it?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
45-60min prewo/whenever I leave my house. Off days whenever. I was splitting them.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Really interested to hear how the MyoSynergy works for you, Rodja (with your attention to detail about how your body and muscle groups respond to training).

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My leg DOMS are insane right now on MyoSynergy and X-Factor

I'll have to pick up more Nerve Restore next time I put in an order, I set a handful of PR's while on it which was damn impressive for a veteran lifter like myself... PRs dont come through like they used to.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Right? It feels like it was my first time lifting ever. My back feels shredded lol

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's great getting DOMS in my shoulders again. It has literally been years!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Needed another day off since I'm still exhausted from the Europa this weekend. I'll be picking back up tomorrow with OHP and accessories.

domore

Awards
Is this the thread where people actually lift?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
5/13

OHP
175x4
145x11

Meadows Row
125x10x2

HS Row (neutral)
190x10x2
190x10-drop-145x10

IYT/Hammer Curls
15x8x3/50x10x3

Tate Press/Band Pressdowns (light)
50x10/12
50x9/10

Well, my lack of food and rest from the past few days was evident today as I was flat and weak. The shoulder girdle was a little tight, but no pain in the area during the main movement.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
5/14

Sumo
Worked up to 615x1 PR

Walking DB Lunges
65x10x3

Hypers/Donkey Calf Raises
BW+90x15x3/400x15x3

It feels so damn good to be making solid increases to my pulls after close to a two year plateau. I'm still getting a feel for the suit and have figured out to not go as wide on my stance so I can sit back and load the suit more.

Oh, this happened as well:
image-3451168356.jpg

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice work again! Closing in on six and a half plates! What's your go-to fix for torn hands?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice work again! Closing in on six and a half plates! What's your go-to fix for torn hands?
This is actually the first time this has happened for me. I'll grab some Nuskin tomorrow for it.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've only ever had very minor ones, knock on wood.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
image-3352853629.jpg

Last nights dinner:
4 Hebrew National cream chili cheese queso dogs.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fatty. That looks amazing. Love chili dogs.
I topped the last one with chili cheese Fritos. They're definitely one of my favorite fat kid meals, but the sodium makes me feel like a whale for a day.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
3/16

Bench
225x5
275x2 (2-board)
275x1x2 (1-board)
315x3 (Ram)

HS Row (pronated)
160x10x4

Rolling DB Ex/Side Laterals
40x10x3/25x15x3

IYT
15x8x3

I got ahead of myself with trying to get back into a shirt and am going to pull back a tad and rebuild my strength, technique, and, most importantly, my confidence on my worst lift. There's an Airrosti near me that opened up recently that I'm going to make an appointment to get my shoulder back in order.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
5/18 Squat
Worked up to 705

SLDL
225x10 275x8x3

Uni LP
270x15 360x12x3

Standing Cable Crunches/DB Side Bends 130x15x2/70x15x2

Killed it today. Squat was a little high as I didn't get proper air, but it felt really good. Under meet conditions, I would've nailed it as a third attempt. It's only May and I'm hitting my yearly goal.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Technique is still improving rapidly, too. Fantastic squatting.