Help me help my girl!!! Ladies chime in. Woman and exercise

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My girl decided she wants to go to the gym with me starting this week. She wants me to set her up with a routine. I can only think of like a full body type routine with light weights, but this is not my strong area.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My girl decided she wants to go to the gym with me starting this week. She wants me to set her up with a routine. I can only think of like a full body type routine with light weights, but this is not my strong area.
Read the Training part of my The 3 Keys to Fat Loss article, John. Since she's new, full-body is the BEST thing for her. Reps for newbies should be 10-12 to start with, to get used to the exercises, etc. She doesn't have to use light weights, but weights she can do no more than 10-12 reps with (i.e. as heavy as she can - get her to read the first listed Breaking the Myth article as well - do for the set reps). Always get her to use good form - teach her right . . . Otherwise, get her to get a trainer who can set everything up specifically for her re her goals and needs . . .

~Team APPNUT

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks Rosie. Was hoping youd chime in. And form is always a priority

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established

MongoSS

MongoSS

Awards
Hit every muscle group twice per week. Two upper days two lower days, you can fine tune each day to emphasize certain bodyparts over others. Additionally dont be afraid to load her up a little. Light weight produces little metabolic response. hypertrophy occurs mostly at the 8-12 rep range so one day should be centered around that range and maybe set the next to sets of 15-20. Im sure you will hear the I dont want to be bulky argument at some point. Unless a chick is jacked on AAS she will never look like a bodybuilder, furthermore if a women or man for that matter looks quote un quote bulky it is because they have too much body fat. Like myself.haha.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Bro, your girl can do the same routine as you..
The only way she will get big ol manly muscles is if she took steroids lol..
Girls can lift heavy and still look like sexy women :)..

boricuarage

boricuarage

Banned
Awards
  • Established
but I always wonder about females benching... it might be a Dumb as question but why? we bench too get a big chest and it stimulates
or shoulders am tris.. females already have what we don't have.. I need to be enlighten..

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
but I always wonder about females benching... it might be a Dumb as question but why? we bench too get a big chest and it stimulates
or shoulders am tris.. females already have what we don't have.. I need to be enlighten..
Females bench and will end up losing some fat in the breast region, thus making it look like their breasts shrank.. But, may make them more firm and better shaped.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Females bench and will end up losing some fat in the breast region, thus making it look like their breasts shrank.. But, may make them more firm and better shaped.
the "shrinkage" would actually be minimal.

consider benching and flys a natural way for women to get a lift... trust me it will make a woman look younger and you'll appreciate it!

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Bro, your girl can do the same routine as you..
The only way she will get big ol manly muscles is if she took steroids lol..
Girls can lift heavy and still look like sexy women :)..
x 2, my girl works on the same days i do, same exercises, different weight. she's a beast and she doesn't like to lift light. since shes moved to heavier weight, she is more happy with the fat burning results.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
the "shrinkage" would actually be minimal.

consider benching and flys a natural way for women to get a lift... trust me it will make a woman look younger and you'll appreciate it!
Its like a natural breast augmentation :bigok:

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks guys. Thought this died!!!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Women train for many of the same reasons as men - gain muscle, gain strength, sports performance, etc. There is nothing wrong with a female benching, and if you think there is, you need a mindset readjustment.

Benching does NOT cause a female to lose breast tissue or fat from her chest area. Another completely INaccurate mindset and statement. Think before you speak; or at the least RESEARCH on the topic first, so that you KNOW what you're talking about - otherwise you just give people wrong information, and sometimes (albeit not here) this can be rather dangerous.