Greek Yogurt + Whey

Esox Express

Esox Express

Awards
  • Established
I just discovered this. I hate yogurt, largely due to the texture. A friend turned me onto greek yogurt, which i usually mix with granola. The thicker texture makes it a lot more palatable to me, and it's also packed with protein.

1 cup greek yogurt + 1 scoop whey (any flavor)
Stir.
Enjoy.

It's kind of like pudding, maybe a little thicker. It's a kick ass desert that is also really healthy (if you opt for a low-fat or fat-free greek yogurt).

I use fat-free, and it comes out to 44g protein, 0g fat and 8g carbs

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
ive been eating organic plain yogurt mixed w/frozen berries and a scoop of vanilla whey...i seen the "greek" stuff and always was tempted to try it..little pricey however

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
greek yogurt is a great substitute for cottage cheese. and like u said mixed with whey its great. tastes like chocolate pudding

Psychabinol

Awards
  • Established
ive started to eat my whey with plain yogurt as well, in attempt to alleviate the whey bloating.

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
i keep a few of the greek yogurts that come with honey in my fridge so when i dont feel like a post workout shake ill mix the yogurt with the honey and add some whey, banana slices and oats and im g2g

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
I do this too...VERY good with both ATW cinnamon bun and XF choc pb

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was mixing my greek yogurt with BCAAs like Purple Wrath and others.

Then eating Kroger's carbmasters with ATW...cinnamon bun was by far the best with any flavor.

captricharund

captricharund

Banned
Awards
The Capt was always wary of the Greeks and their boy-loving ways, however does appreciate their good yoghurt.

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
I just discovered this. I hate yogurt, largely due to the texture. A friend turned me onto greek yogurt, which i usually mix with granola. The thicker texture makes it a lot more palatable to me, and it's also packed with protein.

Stir.
Enjoy.

It's kind of like pudding, maybe a little thicker. It's a kick ass desert that is also really healthy (if you opt for a low-fat or fat-free greek yogurt).

I have been doing this for over a year now...its one of my favorite PWO's. I also throw in a heaping tablespoon of milled flaxseed...YUMMY!!!!!!!!!

purelife1

another use for greek yogurt..
add a organic or natural onion soup mix to 1 cup and mix together..let sit in fridge for 2 hours..makes a awsome dip for fresh veggies

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
I like plain with either pb choc XF whey with some natural PB mixed in or ATW cinnamon bun with some sunflower butter mixed in. I like the veggie dip idea too

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
great idea man, will they this tn. I eat F-a-g-e yogurt 0% w/ berries

maddog28

Awards
  • Established
so you just put the yogurt in another bowl then put a scoop of whey in and mix and it taste good?

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Greek yogurt is a great food on so many levels and adding in some WP only makes it that much better.

ticco

ticco

Awards
  • Established
ive been doing this with atw cinnamon bun, tastes great

alexchamp

Awards
problem is that greek yogurt is pricier than the ordinary one

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
Interesting... I picked up a couple cups of this stuff yesterday, they sell a Dannon brand of it at the local grocery store for $1 a cup. Got the one with strawberries on the bottom...the nutritional profile is a hell of a lot better than the regular yogurt I see all the time, I'll definitely be considering trying this mixed with some whey as a PWO.

Good stuff.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting... I picked up a couple cups of this stuff yesterday, they sell a Dannon brand of it at the local grocery store for $1 a cup. Got the one with strawberries on the bottom...the nutritional profile is a hell of a lot better than the regular yogurt I see all the time, I'll definitely be considering trying this mixed with some whey as a PWO.

Good stuff.
i dunno if it's what i've been eating but it's called cobani or something, many of the kinds are fat free or 2% fat...the fruits at the bottom usually run about 140-160 calories and 14-16g of protein...really easy to throw in my lunch for work

kage2

Awards
add a organic or natural onion soup mix to 1 cup and mix together..let sit in fridge for 2 hours..makes a awsome dip for fresh veggies
my roomie eats the hell outta greek yogurt. i dunno bout the onion mix, but i think i might steal one of her yogurts and mix it with J&D bacon ranch to make a veggie dip

wespebane

Awards
I like to keep these on hand for snacks, but for some reason greek yogurt gives me wicked heartburn.

spelchek

Awards
these mixes always sound so terrible to me and then I make one... Awesome every time

BigBeazy

BigBeazy

Awards
  • Established
Greek Yogurt: $1 At Publix. I picked up a ton.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established

Stir.
Enjoy.

I have really been enjoying Greek Yogurt for a short while now, and have been blown away by the flavors and varieties offered at grocery stores in response to the growing demand and popularity of this item over the years. Along with the fruit-at-the-bottom versions such as blueberry (delicious) and strawberry, and even honey... I find it much more economical to buy whatever the largest container of the yogurt I can find, typically at Wal-Mart, and do the following for an awesome taste amplifying recipe... simply dust the yogurt with cinnamon and pour one Truvia packet in, stirring well, and enjoying! Greek yogurt has a much thicker consistency and much lower carbs (about 5-6g per serving) when compared to normal yogurts (which are also almost always 'fortified' with sugars. Avoiding the blandness of Greek yogurt with one packet of Truvia, which is the specialized extract of the Rebiana leaf (instead of the crude and bitter tasting/aftertaste of simply crushing the Stevia leaf as so many other products use) is an excellent way to add some sweetness and taste satisfaction without adding any calories.

Fresh or frozen blueberries can be added as well... since the pre-made fruit 'injected' products will only cost you more money because of convenience, so just add your own.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
This sounds like a GREAT idea. I'm going to try this later in the week. Thanks!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
macedog24 Nutrition / Health 2
MistrJay Recipes 11
JudoJosh Recipes 6
Nutrition / Health 1
toddgranit Recipes 15