Gonzo is COMBUSTING (sponsored)

Gonzo14

Gonzo14

Awards
  • Established
COMBUSTION

206306_193172884053015_191322614238042_413248_5530361_n.jpg

First I'd like to thank BPS for the chance to log their combustion fat burner supplement. I have not used any of BPS's supplements before so I'm very excited to give them a try. I have extensive use of fat burners under my belt including Vapor XT, Redline, homemade ECA, Recreate and more.

STATS:
Sex: male
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: ~200(will get an exact number day 1)
Weight Lifting Experience: about 4 years

Goals:

My goals right now is to lean up. I need to get faster/quicker in the next few months. Dropping some extra dead weight will help me accomplish my goals. I will have a mile time, and a 60 yard dash time that I will take at the start, and will keep testing my numbers to see progress.

Training:
I will incorporate distance running, sprints, agility drills, cycling, and possible swimming as means of cardio and conditioning. Weight training will be kept the same, concentrating on Max effort on compound lifts, and high volume during isolation moves. I try to separate my cardio from my weight training.

Diet:

I will be shooting for 2300 to 2500 cals per day, with majority being from lean meats. Carbs will be loaded early during breakfast, so I can have ample energy, but I'll try to stay in the 100g range, with carbs also being consumed post workout.

Supplements:

I will be using protein post work out, multi, fish oils, and vit C, along with Combustion.

I will be posting before and after pics, as soon as I find my camara. lol

I think I covered all my bases, so lets get this show on the road!

Gonzo14

Gonzo14

Awards
  • Established
one cap in and already love the energy! One cap upon waking and morning groggy-ness was gone, no need for coffee which was good cause its going to be a hot one today by me

Gonzo14

Gonzo14

Awards
  • Established
Day 1 6.28.11

DAY ONE

Training:

8 mile bike ride at 13-16mph to the gym as warm up
pushup/pullup super set to warm up

Incline Bench [185x5] [205x4]x2
Bench [205x5]x3
Incline DB flys [45x10]x3
cable cross [30x12]x3

*EZ bar curls [35x10]x3
*EZ bar reverse grip curls [30x10]x3
DB curls [20x8]x3
* denotes supersets
8 miles bike ride at 13-16mph as cool down

Cardio
1/4 mile warm up jog
7- 30m sprints
Curcuit training (a-d completed 4 times)
a. 25 pushups
b. 25 body weight squats
c. 25 crunches
d. 1/4 miles run

NOTES: ok, so my pressing strength is slow to come back to me for some reason. After a few weeks off earlier in the year due to being deep in season. Intensity was a lot better today, and I will contribute that to the higher energy levels I experienced all day for the most part. I dont usually go crazy doing Biceps, I'm not much for them but I did get a good pump today. Good cardio session, forgot my stop watch so i could take times of anything.

Diet:
Cals:1250
Fat:21
Carbs: 153
Pro: 103

NOTES: well, I didn't eat much of anything today, wasn't feeling hungry, which is a little weird cause i'm usualy looking around for snacks between meals. With supps that cut down hunger I usually do this, forget to eat, I guess its not a bad thing sometimes :yup:

General Notes:
Overall a day day 1. I definetly can feel the stim, as I thought I had above average energy levels through out the day. I'm not sure if it was just muggy out, or hot but I did feel like I was sweating a good amount, did consume my entire gallon of water which is usually a struggle for me sometimes. Good workout, good cardio, over all a good day, but thats not good enough for me, need to pick up intensity tomorrow!

Libido Check:

Sonia.PNG

If that doesn't get you going, you're PCT didn't work. lol

Gonzo14

Gonzo14

Awards
  • Established
I love logs with libido checks.

1250 cals? Geez I'd be gnawing on the drywall if that was all I had to eat!
Normally I'm the same way, it looks like combustion cut back on my hunger some, plus being busy most of the day I dont really think about it

In other news, have to hit the gym late tonight, so next update will either be late late tonight or early tomorrow

Gonzo14

Gonzo14

Awards
  • Established
Day 2 6.29.11

DAY TWO

Training:

Weight Training
DB lunges [50s x 10]x3
leg press [250x20] [300x30]x2
leg curls [50x15] [70x15]x2
leg ext [90x15]x3
standing calf [150x20]x3

Cardio
22 mile bike ride at a average speed of 14.3mph

Misc
Throw/BP for about 45 mins total

NOTES: Ok, so my knees were pretty sore today, thats why I cut out squats from my leg work out and went higher reps. the 22 mile ride was good cardio in the morning, pretty darn hilly.

Diet:
Cals: 2641
Fat:82
Carbs: 275
Pro: 189

NOTES: Most of the carbs came with the bagel on the go in the morning and an energy bar i had mid ride. After that, other carbs came from the whole wheat tortilla wraps I used to make chicken wraps.

General Notes:
Day 2 down, and started to get warmed up. BTW i've been dosing 1 cap in the am, 2 caps in the PM, I might experiment with 2/2 tomorrow. Tomorrow is actually a day off from the gym, but tonights game time so that'll make up for my lack of gym time.

Libido Check:

Heather.PNG

Gonzo14

Gonzo14

Awards
  • Established
A good bike ride sounds fun. Been a long time since I've done that.
Cycling is one of those treasures we lose with age. I picked up a cheap trek road bike and started riding and I can't get enough, to see things around you're area you've never noticed before. Also its a great means of local transportation, save gas, great workout. Plus its easy on my old man knees :yup:

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Combustion has nice fat burning profile no doubt, the only thing I recommend is that you get yourself some Sensoril and Erase to get those thyroids into full throttle. Other than enjoy your ride with it, the profile looks mean and I have talked to one of the reps for this company, and they have a nice of line of supps for the future. I am picky on what I buy and I can tell you that they will be making money off of me LMAO

Gonzo14

Gonzo14

Awards
  • Established
Day 3 6.30.11

DAY THREE

Training:

Misc
45mins of BP
Game

NOTES: Today I took off from the gym because of a 6pm game. Took 45mins of batting practice which was a workout in itself. We took home a W with a 9-3 win, 1 for 3(single, sac fly, K)

Diet:
Cals: 1345
Fat:62
Carbs: 32
Pro: 157

NOTES: another low carb day mainly cause of long work shirt in the morning, then right to BP, then right to game, got back around 9pm and didnt want to eat anything that close to bed

General Notes:
Day 3 down, no gym time, but got a good sweat. BP was a good workout, and the game was also. With the lack of cal intake, it worked out for no gym training.

Libido Check:

Flex_meriza.JPG

Gonzo14

Gonzo14

Awards
  • Established
Day 4 7.1.11

DAY FOUR

Training:

Weight Training
Pullups [BW x 8]x3
Chinups [BW x 6]x3
Barbell Bent over row [185x8]x3
Wide grip low cable rows [100x10]x3
lat pull down [100x12]x3

Misc
Throw for 30mins

NOTES: Pretty good workout today, fast paced, good pump, good focus in the gym. I'm overall content with the workout. I want to take a more of an "attack" attitude in the gym, really pushing myself. Its a little hard to self motivate alone in a non-intense gym setting.

Diet:
Cals: 1509
Fat:64
Carbs: 133
Pro: 64

NOTES: On the go, hard to eat much. Next weeks goals will cover getting a better eating schedule.

General Notes:
Day four down, and starting to really feel the full effects of Combustion. I'm now dosing at 4 caps a day and I love it. Good energy, feeling a thermo effect, sweating a little bit more than normal, decrease in hunger. Not really craving sweets. Hydration is good, now just need to get my eating schedule down. Also i've been slacking in the cardio department, another goal for next week. Next week def plan on bumping it up a notch, started at 200ibs, today weighed in 198.2, and that got me going, want to really work to drop some weight.

Libido Check:

Tianna.JPG

Gonzo14

Gonzo14

Awards
  • Established
Great post, and ALWAYS attack the weight! If you're not scaring the women, you're not really lifting ;)
great piece of advice right here! I plan on tearing apart the squat rack today.

Sorry for the lack of updates, had a last min family trip for the weekend, my gym was closed anyway, but added a lot of running (to get time away from my family)

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Looks like you've got a solid workout plan down! I like your routine. You definitely need to get your eating habits down. Even though you are trying "lean out" and drop weight, such a low protein/calorie diet for a guy your size will more than likely just shrivel up what muscle you do have. Just my word of advice. :)

I'm logging Combustion as well, I'm enjoying it immensely!

Gonzo14

Gonzo14

Awards
  • Established
I know I completely agree, i'm getting better setting alarms to tell me to eat, when things get busy and stressful, I miss meals unlike some people that over indulge!

Gonzo14

Gonzo14

Awards
  • Established
Sat-Mon

Gym was closed all weekend which was a major bummer.
Dont recall excatly what I ate, but it was a lot of steak, some burgers(no buns) some corn on the cob, lots of BBQ chicken breast. Good stuff. Not too crazy, but I ate good. My workouts just consisted of 2 mile runs each day, around both in 14:30 about.

TODAY

TRAINING:

Squat: 135x5 185x5 225x3 275x3 [315x1] x3
Leg press: [540x12] x 3
Leg curls: [80x10]x3
Leg ext: [130x12] x3

game day

Notes: short sweet, and to the point. Doesnt seem like much, but its been a while since i trained heavy, and my legs were done. Lots of intensity, flew around the gym, got out the built of stress from the weekend. Overall good workout.

Diet:
Cals:2305
Fat:64
Carbs: 104
prot: 167

GENERAL NOTES: Good day. Diet was sound, training was hard. Lots of energy, can't complain.

NOTES ON COMBUSTION: So far, I've noticed increase energy throughout the day. I sweat more than usual during workouts, and when resting. No jittery energy, no crash symptoms. Its hard to tell if its stress or combustion thats killing my appetite, but I do feel like some of it is due to Combustion, I haven't had this much of a hard time this far into a few supp to really remember eating, also not craving sweet carb filled foods either. I started off at 200 even and now i'm sitting at 196.2 which is good progress in a week. I'm very pleased so far.

Libido Check

monique.PNG

Gonzo14

Gonzo14

Awards
  • Established
Day Nine

TRAINING:

Pullups [BW x 10] x3
Chinups [BW x8 x6 x6]
DB Rows [70x10]x3
close grip low cable rows [145x10]x3
lat pull downs [130x10]x3

NOTES: Decent work out, pressed for time a little bit, had to fly around.

Diet:

Cals: 2366
fat: 93
Carbs:120
Protien:167

NOTES: Better eating, lots of protein, been adding some extra shakes in between meals to get cals in when I can't eat

CURRENT WEIGHT: 193.7

Probably a little dehydrated when I weighed in but thats a 6.3 ib drop in 10 days, not bad

LIBIDO CHECK
Tianna1.PNG

Gonzo14

Gonzo14

Awards
  • Established
Day TEN

Today was brutal. Worked a 12 hour side job in the construction field. It was a hot one, going all day in the sun. I had a few eggs before I left, a bagel, ton was water and gatorade, came on, had some pork roast, and mashed potatos, a slice of few day old pizza, then passed out for a few hours. No gym are cardio, but work today was a all day gym session in it self. I have to hand it to guys that work everyday jobs in manual construction. Its not easy stuff. Tomorrow I have to work the same deal again, hopefully a shorter day, get some gym time in.

LIBDO CHECK

7882.jpg

Gonzo14

Gonzo14

Awards
  • Established
Guys

Sorry for the lack of updates. I have been crazy busy. Finally finished the land clearing gig, so I can get back to training and updating normally. how ever I am down to 191 as of this morning, a 9ib drop in about 2 weeks. Very happy about that! Ill get a workout in today, and update later.

Gonzo14

Gonzo14

Awards
  • Established
9lb in two weeks is quite a drop!
Yeah! Cutting trees, and hauling away the logs with a wheel barrow, and clearing brush is an intense workout. I'm glad I kept my cals around 1900-2100 each day, every few hours on my water break i'd inhale some chicken and pork i made the night before.

BPS

BPS

Board Sponsor
Awards
Yeah! Cutting trees, and hauling away the logs with a wheel barrow, and clearing brush is an intense workout. I'm glad I kept my cals around 1900-2100 each day, every few hours on my water break i'd inhale some chicken and pork i made the night before.
That would be an intense workout for sure.

Gonzo14

Gonzo14

Awards
  • Established
Quick update

Long day, normal work, hit the gym with this

Bench 225x8 for 3
Incline 175x10 for 3
Bar bell rows 185 x8 for 3
lat pull down 120x8 for 3
DB fly super set with DB rows 45/75 x 10 for 3

1 miles run in 7mins

not bad, crunch on time and since I was short a few days in the gym I combined back and chest, probably will so something similar tomorrow, good pump lots of energy, tomorrow ill update on some thoughts about Combustion as a whole

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
Glad you are liking Combustion. Already ordered a second bottle :)

Gonzo14

Gonzo14

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for those following along. My father unexpectedly passed away and I've been tending to family matters. I am about a week short of Combustion, but due to the current issues at hand I'm going to have to jump ship early. I will have a full write up tomorrow on my experience thus far. Again sorry to those following, and BPS for a pretty crappy log.

BPS

BPS

Board Sponsor
Awards
Sorry for those following along. My father unexpectedly passed away and I've been tending to family matters. I am about a week short of Combustion, but due to the current issues at hand I'm going to have to jump ship early. I will have a full write up tomorrow on my experience thus far. Again sorry to those following, and BPS for a pretty crappy log.
No worries at all bro, my condolences to you and your family.