Going to see doctor tomorrow for low t what to expect?

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
M going to see a MD to get my bloods drawn- I'm tired all the time can barely keep an erection and it's weak at that- I'm grouchy and my sleep sucks. I know all symptoms of low t- here's the thing I WANT replacement therapy- my main question is this I used testosterone about six months ago- I had bloods done about two months later and the doctor( a different one) said my test was in the thousands- will this e the case this time? Lingering testosterone?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
M going to see a MD to get my bloods drawn- I'm tired all the time can barely keep an erection and it's weak at that- I'm grouchy and my sleep sucks. I know all symptoms of low t- here's the thing I WANT replacement therapy- my main question is this I used testosterone about six months ago- I had bloods done about two months later and the doctor( a different one) said my test was in the thousands- will this e the case this time? Lingering testosterone?
Want HRT for what? To enhance muscle building. In the thousands then this would indicate steroid or prohormone usage. Figure out why its low then adjust from there. Want vs NEED is different. You want HRT to justify your steroid usage most likely because you could not get your own production going. You be started off on clomid to see if you really need HRT. Considering your newbie mentality, how old are you early 20's if that? For all the money people spend on drugs their body never shows it LOL

lboston

lboston

Awards
What were your levels prior to your bout d test you mentioned?

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Matrix- I clearly stated I had been using testosterone prior to my first blood test. Secondly I have been put on cookie- did not work
Thirdly- you made an assumption- if I wanted to be on testosterone for muscle building WHY would I go the medical route? As usually doses are around 100-200mgs whereas body iilders will use up to a gram(although most use around 500 from what I hear)
Before you come in running your mouth- THINK. Dumbass ( yes I admit your way more knowledgable than I am but when anyone jumps to conclusions they make themselves look like a dumbass)

I had been using 750mgs of testosterone cypionate a week I came off and two months later I was around 1200ng/dl

What I'm asking is its been six months since I used test- would my numbers on the test still come back around this high

Oh and matrix I do have symptoms of low t again if I wanted it for muscle building I would go to the black market where I used to get it way cheaper than medicinal- again your smart but slow down and think

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Where i said cookie I mean clomid damn auto correct

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If your Test levels are low don't they usually start off just giving you Androgel or Testim?? They don't usually jump right into injections.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Those crazy back to back cycles finaly got to ya, eh? Well i wish you the best of luck but cant say im surprised bro.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea me either - I knew what I was doing lol

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Matrix- I clearly stated I had been using testosterone prior to my first blood test. Secondly I have been put on cookie- did not work
Thirdly- you made an assumption- if I wanted to be on testosterone for muscle building WHY would I go the medical route? As usually doses are around 100-200mgs whereas body iilders will use up to a gram(although most use around 500 from what I hear)
Before you come in running your mouth- THINK. Dumbass ( yes I admit your way more knowledgable than I am but when anyone jumps to conclusions they make themselves look like a dumbass)

I had been using 750mgs of testosterone cypionate a week I came off and two months later I was around 1200ng/dl

What I'm asking is its been six months since I used test- would my numbers on the test still come back around this high

Oh and matrix I do have symptoms of low t again if I wanted it for muscle building I would go to the black market where I used to get it way cheaper than medicinal- again your smart but slow down and think
How did you use clomid? There is proper way and improper way for everything.
Again this was done by choice...
he quesiton is are you going to go back to steroid cycling or have learned your lesson.
Need to isolate what other variables could be holding your own production for coming back out side the hormonal aspect, but rather focus on the HTPA.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Typical pct route 50 50 50 25 for four weeks with aromasin to help with water retention

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And no I do not plan on using steroids again

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting......

D

df122092

Awards
The matrix - what do you suggest for clomid dosage for pct?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Saw him today explained the situation. He said he wanted to do labs but that he would probably need to augment me(meaning prescribe testosterone) he is not objected to it at all provided my labs read that that's what I need. It would be self administration as well

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Saw him today explained the situation. He said he wanted to do labs but that he would probably need to augment me(meaning prescribe testosterone) he is not objected to it at all provided my labs read that that's what I need. It would be self administration as well
You're not even sure that it's low test yet, for all you know it might be a thyroid problem.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i know hormones can effect the thyroid but im pretty sure its low tmy dick doesnt work

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You've already convinced yourself that you're going to get Test injections.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Typical response from medical professionals who are looking for easy way out and do not want to look deeper.
Dr Shippen usually run clomid challenge at 25 mgs for 7 night then 8 th morning draw Total testosteorne and LH. If its above 500 you have your answer.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
labs should be ready in an hour- i will post results here

DBinMD

DBinMD

Awards
  • Established
I’ve been on TRT for a couple of years and have been getting blood tests every couple of months for a variety of reasons. I have had only 1 blood test where my test was near the top (near 800) but I may have had applied the androgel to the area the blood was drawn and was also on Clomid, too. Other than that one time, after 24 hrs my levels are a lot less than that.

Personnally, I don’t see why they would be so high. I think if they were that high you'd be wound tighter than a drum and be competing in the Worlds Stronest Man. Next time ask for the test results, I’ve learned the hard way NOT to trust even well meaning and well qualified doctors. Some are out in out dishonest, sometimes they just read the labs wrong. Some look at us and just assume AAS use (which may be correct but not very objective). If you’re worried, get your own done for about $45 before you do the one the doctor ordered. There’s a sticky about how to do it.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My t levels where at an astounding 33 my TSH is around 4
200mgs test cyp a week and a low dose of synthroid

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My t levels where at an astounding 33 my TSH is around 4
200mgs test cyp a week and a low dose of synthroid
When in that case you should be feeling Alot better soon!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
When in that case you should be feeling Alot better soon!

Testosterone is aggravating thyroid which was underactive probably in the first place. Fix problems of why your hormones are out of balance they add in thyroid and other if needed. Low dose synthroid teased your system resulting in a decrease of thyroid out put which is common when the dosage is too low. You end up shutting your own down and there is not enough thyroid from the medicine. Bump thyroid up or look for another DR.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Testosterone is aggravating thyroid which was underactive probably in the first place. Fix problems of why your hormones are out of balance they add in thyroid and other if needed. Low dose synthroid teased your system resulting in a decrease of thyroid out put which is common when the dosage is too low. You end up shutting your own down and there is not enough thyroid from the medicine. Bump thyroid up or look for another DR.
schwellington you should make the Matrix your primary care physician.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
schwellington you should make the Matrix your primary care physician.
Be nice if I had a medical license :)
But as noted I am not a Dr, just work with medical professionals on challenging cases such as these for 5 years and have been through these on a personal level.

lboston

lboston

Awards
Be nice if I had a medical license :)
But as noted I am not a Dr, just work with medical professionals on challenging cases such as these for 5 years and have been through these on a personal level.
Never to late to get that MD. I know I appreciate all your advice. I've learned more from reading these forums than any doc I've seen.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
He seems to know- matrix how much synthroid should I take? Double the dose?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
He seems to know- matrix how much synthroid should I take? Double the dose?
It really depends on numerous factors. Every one is different. One needs to look at the entire case in order to make those decision. As i have found when you start probing and asking detailed questions there is alot of information crucial to the case which is over looked. When was the last time a DR asked "Tell me what past jobs have your had and also your hobbies". I had one guy when probe, he was a painter for 5 years in a car shop 1 year before being ill. Him being young and dumb did not wear a mask. Just because he was painting out side he thought he was safe from exposures. When I check his one level via urine for these toxins it was 200 times off the chart!. He wondered why he was not feeling good and had no sex drive. GO FIGURE. Once taking the proper steps with in 3-4 months he got better symptoms improved significantly. Dr should be drilling you with these type of questions on top of the normal stuff. Why medical professionals specializing in specific area are slowly being replaced by medical professionals looking at the whole picture. Psychiatrist/psychologist are now getting into hormone, thyroid testing as well neurotransmitters for helping people with depression rather then giving them anti depressants. This is huge over here on the east coast ...

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok here we go going to give you as much info as possible I'm 23 almost 24 from the age of 13 to 19 I abused drugs- meth MDMA, cocaine, opiates, crack, everything. I sobered up at 19 and have been clean since. I'm a student who has done jobs here and there like waiting tables and working at a car lot. Should I increase?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Ok here we go going to give you as much info as possible I'm 23 almost 24 from the age of 13 to 19 I abused drugs- meth MDMA, cocaine, opiates, crack, everything. I sobered up at 19 and have been clean since. I'm a student who has done jobs here and there like waiting tables and working at a car lot. Should I increase?
you may not need to be on is HRT, but rather modulation of neurotransmitters. Damage has been done now you need to think about damage control not even worry about hormones until these other issues are dealt with. GO after the source not the symptoms. I would not even considered thyroid, hormones for a few months. Give the body what it needs it can do amazing things with healing.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok I just won't tak the synthroid then

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I am not saying to change therapy,. I am saying how I would have handle this from the start. There is no where enough data to begin to even work on a case of yours. Your about 5-10% maybe even going back wards in some degree. I prefer to take a different and integrative approach looking at the entire pics not bits and pieces.
Ok I just won't tak the synthroid then

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok well should I double the synthroid until I can get you every bit of info?

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I'm without doubt noticing the synthroid- I'm hot all over

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
That's for.your Dr to decide not me.
For.me.telling that would be practice.medicine with out a license which i do not.do.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Understood

baitslinger

baitslinger

Awards
Hey, Schwell, I remember some of your extended cycles.

You were quite a character - real funny. Like when you would go work Schwolders and Chesticles! Hah

Anyway, my question. What will it run you to see this doctor, and get the script for 200 mg Test Cyp / wk. Insurance cover that? How much out-of-pocket?

Thanks brah, and good luck!

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My test is 200mg/ml at 10mls I don't have insurance as I'm a student out of pocket it was about 105 bucks

The doctors visit was 116 and the labs where 140
So to get all that it was 361 dollars roughly. Now all I have to do is follow up in 4 months and keep getting refills in between

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My test is 200mg/ml at 10mls I don't have insurance as I'm a student out of pocket it was about 105 bucks

The doctors visit was 116 and the labs where 140
So to get all that it was 361 dollars roughly. Now all I have to do is follow up in 4 months and keep getting refills in between
How old are you schwellington??

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm 56 biatch

Jk almost 24

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
But not for long. With these injections you're 16 again... lol

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yup hey does anyone know if synthroid HAS to be takin in the morning on an empty stomach? Or can I space dose thought day as long as I wait an hour after eating?

MuscleMD

MuscleMD

Awards
Schwellington, sorry if i missed it but how old are you? any other medical problems? how long were you cycling for....if your young and healthy and cycled too long you def did some damage but the majority of cases are reversible, youd be surprised how resilient your body can be. Do the labs and go from there. Replacement test monitored by an MD, preferably a endocrinologist will be the best way to tackle this problem.

i know hormones can effect the thyroid but im pretty sure its low tmy dick doesnt work

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yup hey does anyone know if synthroid HAS to be takin in the morning on an empty stomach? Or can I space dose thought day as long as I wait an hour after eating?
My wife takes her dose first thing in the morning 100mcg ..and the prescription says to take on an empty stomach