Gaining muscles while losing fat. HGP tries the impossible, watch me fail!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
170k USD. Have to calculate for how much -and how often selling my hairy body to a pervert, like @SkRaw85 to pay that.
On the other hand, I may like it.
@$85 a turn, that's 2,000 times.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Look on the bright side, she obviously loves you if she’s willing to do all that for you!
Can you imagine what a SAINT that woman must be? I mean, she lives with this guy and she still did it. He must have at least one good quality that I haven't been able to pick up on over the internet.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Wow! What an incredible story! So glad you’re ok and friends are coming through for you too!! Praying for a quick recovery!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Look on the bright side, she obviously loves you if she’s willing to do all that for you!

Can you imagine what a SAINT that woman must be? I mean, she lives with this guy and she still did it. He must have at least one good quality that I haven't been able to pick up on over the internet.
Wanna touch my emotional button? Here we go:

Before the surgery I was/thought:
-borderline sociopath
-80% pessimist
-most people are scum
-not really sure life is worth living
-true friendship is a myth
-most medical doctors are idiots
-family means: not dying alone at the end

After the surgery I was/thought:
-cautious person -but no sociopath
-50% pessimist
-a lot of people are scum, maybe 65%
-not really sure if life is worth living -but somehow optimistic about good times ahead, eager to find out
-there is true friendship, its RARE -keep them close to you, make them family
-some medical doctors are idiots, the others are capable. Dance for them and they don't suck you dry.
-family means ALL. Its my solar system, all is spinning around it, without family, I'm a dead rock in the vast universe. Friends are family too, show emotions and pay them back with the same attention and love. Forgive their failures.

It was very profound for me and a emotional healing, seeing so many people actually care for me. I had no clue.
During my hospital stay, about 5-6 people slept around me, taking turns holding my hands or helping my wife dealing with all that. I'm crying right now. I have a BBQ today with all of them, there will be more tears I guess.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Double post: damn app hates me

Last edited:
HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Wanna touch my emotional button? Here we go:

Before the surgery I was/thought:
-borderline sociopath
-80% pessimist
-most people are scum
-not really sure life is worth living
-true friendship is a myth
-most medical doctors are idiots
-family means: not dying alone at the end

After the surgery I was/thought:
-cautious person -but no sociopath
-50% pessimist
-a lot of people are scum, maybe 65%
-not really sure if life is worth living -but somehow optimistic about good times ahead, eager to find out
-there is true friendship, its RARE -keep them close to you, make them family
-some medical doctors are idiots, the others are capable. Dance for them and they don't suck you dry.
-family means ALL. Its my solar system, all is spinning around it, without family, I'm a dead rock in the vast universe. Friends are family too, show emotions and pay them back with the same attention and love. Forgive their failures.

It was very profound for me and a emotional healing, seeing so many people actually care for me. I had no clue.
During my hospital stay, about 5-6 people slept around me, taking turns holding my hands or helping my wife dealing with all that. I'm crying right now. I have a BBQ today with all of them, there will be more tears I guess.
I think you have accepted responsibility for your own life, and so you maybe others don't normally have much opportunity to take care of you. Cuz you are a beast.

I know what you mean about the friends thing. When my dad had a stroke last year, some times were tough taking care of him and seeing how a lot of people responded made me not care if I ever see or talk to then again..

Glad you have something to appreciate and that you chose to focus on that! It may not always seem like it, but life is a gift and no a.ount of money has ever bought an extra minute of time.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
short update: BBQ was tear-less. All went well.
Gave a short speech at the end, paraphrasing:

"A toast to all my friends here who showed me love. I wish that everyone gets a heart attack, giving me the chance to show my love for you in return."

Well, that did it. They said: You are the same mother fugger as before, we love you!

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Dude.. so shocked to read all of this... I’m so happy you’re okay buddy. I’ll be thinking about you and I hope recovery will go smooth.

Last edited:
BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
short update: BBQ was tear-less. All went well.
Gave a short speech at the end, paraphrasing:

"A toast to all my friends here who showed me love. I wish that everyone gets a heart attack, giving me the chance to show my love for you in return."

Well, that did it. They said: You are the same mother fugger as before, we love you!
I wish there were more people like you in this world. Sense of humor, personality, and honest.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ok, I am done with this chic flick. Let's get some work done in here @hairygrandpa.

In retrospect, I think you should have put "Watch me have a heart attack" in the title instead of "watch me fail"...you would have had subscribers through the roof.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Late to the party on this, but hope you’re doing ok @hairygrandpa . It’s a true brotherhood here, so I really hope we’re all pulling for everyone here to win. Hope you’re feeling better.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
They got you all Carved Up, is it Thank Giving in Banana Land ?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Short update:
Have to drive to the farm and give instructions.
To be honest, I'm in real pain. My left leg did not like to have an artery removed. Only thing I found in the house, besides Diclofenac, is Veterinarian tramadol.
Well, tramadol it is. Currently on 50mg , its only helping by about 20%.
Wife has to drive, may have to pop another 25mg on top to blur my vision to the point, that I'm not panicking when she drives.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First: sorry for not responding to all your best wishes and encouraging words, you all are awesome! Can't sit still for longer periods, so I give only quick updates.

Just got home. I convinced the doctors that I'm ready to take care of myself by doing a small dance demo (seriously). Well, it looked awkward but convinced them to stop draining my money by keeping me hospitalized.
Its now day 6 after my surgery.
Apparently, I was VERY lucky. Echo gram confirmed: 0% damage to my heart. The doctors said, they see this seldomly -and they believe it was due to be in "optimal" shape at the moment of infarction. We all here know, I'm not in optimal shape, some of you here are!
The moment I noted the pain wasn't acid reflux, I suspected it to be a heart attack, crushed a 600mg aspirin tablet and swallowed it with about 1.5gr of cayenne pepper in a shot glass of hot water. You can't imagine how that was like, it made all symptoms way worse -but, maybe this was what saved my life. I had read about it years ago as a first aid for a heart attack. The pepper was once 90.000 scofield and is very old, now barely as hot as regular pepper.

Gonna post some pics of my "battle scars". I definitely will need some thick tattoos later to cover that mess up.
Fluid retention and a caved in rib cage makes me look like a cockroach now.... I hate it -but just you wait! Blowing and sucking every hour on this rehab-blow/suck-toy to expand the chest. Not sure everyone knows what I'm talking about, will post pics soon.
Gonna drag myself upstairs into my bed now.
My financial situation got from bad to really bad. Luckily, my friends proofed to be just that: "friends" and helped a lot, one of them bought my wifes car for a fair price in cash. I almost never cry -but that had me in tears and weeping like a small child. The whole ordeal costed me until now about 100 million guaranies (20k USD) I guess this is very cheap, no idea what it would cost in US.

Stay tuned folks, thank you again for being awesome, I learned so much from this community and gonna stay a bit longer (now that I have a second chance in ruining my heart). Kept most of the docs prescription after checking internet -but threw some of it in the bin, like lipitor. Upped fish oil instead and take it with10mg/d cardarine. Started MK 677 and TB-500.
I know, I'm nuts.
You know it too.
Wouldn't **** with mk667 after a heart attack. The added fluid retention is the last thing you need right now. Wait a month or so

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Short update:
Have to drive to the farm and give instructions.
To be honest, I'm in real pain. My left leg did not like to have an artery removed. Only thing I found in the house, besides Diclofenac, is Veterinarian tramadol.
Well, tramadol it is. Currently on 50mg , its only helping by about 20%.
Wife has to drive, may have to pop another 25mg on top to blur my vision to the point, that I'm not panicking when she drives.
I'd stick with tramadol and tylenol. In your state do NOT use an NSAIDs, there are studies on NSAIDs after heart attacks and the results are scary as fuk!! Tramadol is really effective at higher doses but oxy work well too haha. However, they are not to be fuked with to hard or long.

Also dont smoke weed, I know you dont but still. It may offer pain relief but they're may be a correlation with inducing a heart attack when already susceptible.

Make sure to get some extra vitamin K in

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wouldn't **** with mk667 after a heart attack. The added fluid retention is the last thing you need right now. Wait a month or so
Yes, you are right.
Dialed it down to 10mg/d. I really need its healing powers. Diet is sodium free, potassium the only thing I use as salt.
Watching the scale tightly to see if water retention sets in.
Loosing muscles (glycogen) at accelerated speed now. Can't move my fugging arms without risking my sternum to move -and it does from time to time. New feeling -but nothing sexual about it.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd stick with tramadol and tylenol. In your state do NOT use an NSAIDs, there are studies on NSAIDs after heart attacks and the results are scary as fuk!! Tramadol is really effective at higher doses but oxy work well too haha. However, they are not to be fuked with to hard or long.

Also dont smoke weed, I know you dont but still. It may offer pain relief but they're may be a correlation with inducing a heart attack when already susceptible.

Make sure to get some extra vitamin K in
Was considering weed as an option, damned. Go away, I gonna use some anyways if it gets unbearable. Tramadol has synergy with diclofenac, that is what I will use. Don't forget, its a German heart, it has to withstand some opposition.

:)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The muscles will return when training can eventually return, so don’t sweat that. Remember how you looked before you started lifting, not so long ago really? Now at least you aren’t fat and understand nutrition to keep yourself healthy while your body recovers. Muscle memory is very real.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Was considering weed as an option, damned. Go away, I gonna use some anyways if it gets unbearable. Tramadol has synergy with diclofenac, that is what I will use. Don't forget, its a German heart, it has to withstand some opposition.

:)
I wouldn't completely discount weed as the correlation is weak but it is there. So if nothing else works then give it a go

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Take care of your self, muscle memory will have you back in shape in no time once you can start training again !

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Going to second the weed thing...it has evidence of increased heart attacks and strokes, but even more importantly, if you are on any blood thinners now, it will mess that all up potentially. No need to bleed to death.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Going to second the weed thing...it has evidence of increased heart attacks and strokes, but even more importantly, if you are on any blood thinners now, it will mess that all up potentially. No need to bleed to death.
It also causes problems with cell replication and causes aging as well as problems with the frontal cortex. Just say no :)

Not great for Recovery

Got to be some opiates over there somewhere LOL maybe one of your Rave Buddies

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is it really weed? Or just all the bullshit you eat when you smoke and have the “munchies?” Semi serious question...

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Is it really weed? Or just all the bullshit you eat when you smoke and have the “munchies?” Semi serious question...
Well, as far as anticoagulation goes, we know that cannabinoids have some contradictory effects on blood clotting...we just don't understand their role directly.

We also know that they effect the cyp450 enzymes that are used for a lot of the anticoagulation drugs in use - resulting in elevated levels of these anticoagulant drugs.

Finally, we know that things like CBD can cause liver failure. Anticoagulation is an outcome of liver failure.

And of course, the permanent cognitive impairment that has been noted in studies is something some people may want to avoid, although it seems the people who most want to avoid that are the people who least need to avoid it.

@Godstrength also has some good points but beyond the cognitive effects I am not sure about the aging issues...have not seen that research.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, as far as anticoagulation goes, we know that cannabinoids have some contradictory effects on blood clotting...we just don't understand their role directly.

We also know that they effect the cyp450 enzymes that are used for a lot of the anticoagulation drugs in use - resulting in elevated levels of these anticoagulant drugs.

Finally, we know that things like CBD can cause liver failure. Anticoagulation is an outcome of liver failure.

And of course, the permanent cognitive impairment that has been noted in studies is something some people may want to avoid, although it seems the people who most want to avoid that are the people who least need to avoid it.

@Godstrength also has some good points but beyond the cognitive effects I am not sure about the aging issues...have not seen that research.
The cell replication I read about in grad school... I'll see if I can dig it up. It's been documented to affect DNA and also RNA. Basically DNA and RNA get altered with marijuana use which in cell replication you want the copy to be as close to the original as possible. That's why we age over time. Think of a copy of a copy of a copy on a Xerox machine and how over time it begins to look less and less like the original.

We start out as one cell in the womb :) this replication happens billions of times in our lives and from that one cell splitting and replicate we become humans. Really mind blowing. Basic biology but sometimes we can forget about how much is involved in us just being here.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The cell replication I read about in grad school... I'll see if I can dig it up. It's been documented to affect DNA and also RNA. Basically DNA and RNA get altered with marijuana use which in cell replication you want the copy to be as close to the original as possible. That's why we age over time. Think of a copy of a copy of a copy on a Xerox machine and how over time it begins to look less and less like the original.

We start out as one cell in the womb :) this replication happens billions of times in our lives and from that one cell splitting and replicate we become humans. Really mind blowing. Basic biology but sometimes we can forget about how much is involved in us just being here.
So if I photocopy my ass, eventually if I do it enough it’ll look like Ronnie Coleman’s? I just have to sit there and it gets bigger? Does with work with dicks too?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Got it. I wasn't saying you had to defend it - just that I personally hadn't researched that or seen it so I couldn't confirm is.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Got it. I wasn't saying you had to defend it - just that I personally hadn't researched that or seen it so I couldn't confirm is.
Yeah no problem. I just was trying to be informative. Layman terms obviously bc I dont have the study handy. :)

chem.jr.

chem.jr.

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

This is great styff and yeah, that cyp450 is a bitch. When they changed me from warfarim to xarelto I had twp big ass grapefruit sized purple marks on my back where my kindey were and then my calves turned purple the next day and it was very apparent that i was bleeding out. Smoked a lot back then. Now i don't and would prolly be fine but thought I'd share.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This is great styff and yeah, that cyp450 is a bitch. When they changed me from warfarim to xarelto I had twp big ass grapefruit sized purple marks on my back where my kindey were and then my calves turned purple the next day and it was very apparent that i was bleeding out. Smoked a lot back then. Now i don't and would prolly be fine but thought I'd share.
I only know because my grandmother is 93 and has loads of issues and is on warfarin. She was taking loads of unnecessary oxycodone back in the day and I was trying to get her off those. I kept telling my mom, aunt and doctor that she was OD'ing and had clear signs but my aunt (who is the health proxy) and the Dr. acted like I was being foolish since I wasn't a dr. She wound up not waking up one morning because of the OD and ended up in the ER.

As a side note - if you ever have to use opiates, take agmatine 15 minutes or so before you dose it.

I was finally able to get her opiate use WAY down - but I was looking for alternatives and came across actual case reports of warfarin users coming into the ER with INR's above 10, getting transfusions, then coming back again until they figured out it was the pot being smoked.

Now there are more and more reports coming out.

So we got the opiates down, and they kept using tylenol every day (which I also tried to explain to them) and now she has liver failure that we are dealing with.

Anyway...went off the rails here...sorry

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I only know because my grandmother is 93 and has loads of issues and is on warfarin. She was taking loads of unnecessary oxycodone back in the day and I was trying to get her off those. I kept telling my mom, aunt and doctor that she was OD'ing and had clear signs but my aunt (who is the health proxy) and the Dr. acted like I was being foolish since I wasn't a dr. She wound up not waking up one morning because of the OD and ended up in the ER.

As a side note - if you ever have to use opiates, take agmatine 15 minutes or so before you dose it.

I was finally able to get her opiate use WAY down - but I was looking for alternatives and came across actual case reports of warfarin users coming into the ER with INR's above 10, getting transfusions, then coming back again until they figured out it was the pot being smoked.

So we got the opiates down, and they kept using tylenol every day (which I also tried to explain to them) and now she has liver failure that we are dealing with.

Super quick derail: why the agmatine? I’ve heard it helps quit opiates but no idea how.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Super quick derail: why the agmatine? I’ve heard it helps quit opiates but no idea how.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Some people say it increases the effects, but I think the real way to look at it is that it decreases tolerance. If you take an opiate, you develop a tolerance very quickly - which leads to dose escalation and that escalation is what gets people in trouble. Agmatine helps to keep tolerance low, prevent escalation, etc.

If you are trying to come off - this decrease in tolerance can help when you're lowering the dose. i.e. - if 20 mg with agmatine is suddenly as effective as 25 mg without agmatine, you can drop without much effect. Then, over time, 20 mg. will become even more effective and you can drop back again...etc.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Some people say it increases the effects, but I think the real way to look at it is that it decreases tolerance. If you take an opiate, you develop a tolerance very quickly - which leads to dose escalation and that escalation is what gets people in trouble. Agmatine helps to keep tolerance low, prevent escalation, etc.

If you are trying to come off - this decrease in tolerance can help when you're lowering the dose. i.e. - if 20 mg with agmatine is suddenly as effective as 25 mg without agmatine, you can drop without much effect. Then, over time, 20 mg. will become even more effective and you can drop back again...etc.
Anecdotally, agmatine seems to potentiate almost anything. For me this seems to be much more pronounced in anything that effects dopamine. With certain stimulants it is a match made in heaven. I hate opiates so I can’t speak from experience there, but I could see agmatine allowing someone to take a lower dose while experiencing the effects of the higher dose.

Not an exaggeration here, it allows me to cut the dose of some stimulants in HALF and still feel the same, it doesn’t seem to effect absorption though because the lower dose+agmatine does not increase negative sides such as HR as much as a higher dose would.

On top of that, solo agmatine is extremely underrated as a “feel good” supp and as a noot.

Man I really love agmatine