Gaining muscles while losing fat. HGP tries the impossible, watch me fail!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tbol cycle starts tomorrow.

Recomp, upping protein, low carb, 2500 kcal max.
6 weeks, maybe 8 weeks:
50mg/d tbol -split
50mg/d proviron -split
400mg/w test (250mg e4d)
10mg tadalafil e3d
0.5mg adex e3d
10 iu insulin pre-workout + intra carbs

Ancillaries:
Magnesium malate
calcium citrate
Potassium
Fish oil
Black seed oil

Split training, volume, moderate weights
Monday: chest/abs
Tuesday: Back
Thursday: Legs/Shoulders
Friday or Saturday: arms, traps, abs

Before pic on Monday

Last edited:
hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I feel like I gained size while cruising, also lost a bit of hip tire. That is a surprise. Wasn't watching strictly my diet.
Training was hard though. Having 2 partners is pushing the limits a bit, have to stay "alpha-daddy".

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
T
Thank you! Keep on grinding too!

Not much pump but burn. Burn baby, burn.
Slin not every time. I had 2 workout days off to deplete glycogen. Today is slin=on to provoke super compensation (to look bigger for the weekend).
Timing is everything.. lol

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
She will make a good wife, carrying beer and stuff. :)

Haha for sure, shes young though so hopefullt it ain't gonna be soon. Ive never touched slin, guess that's one of the most sifnificant changes i could do but it just scares me too much. How much do you feel it does for you comparing to just aas?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yup as were both european :)
No I was just surprised to hear you say that. As every gym in America has at least 1-2 men that can bench 140(308) I’m not sure it’s as rare as you think - but Americans do seem to love the benchpress

If she doesn't break first. Theres a guy at the gym that trains her, a power lifter. I doubt women are supposed to lift like this.
Hey good luck telling that to my wife

IMG_1518.JPG

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What a fuel saving way to drive a truck! :) Strong woman! Damn!

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No I was just surprised to hear you say that. As every gym in America has at least 1-2 men that can bench 140(308) I’m not sure it’s as rare as you think - but Americans do seem to love the benchpress

Hey good luck telling that to my wife

View attachment 183242

Yeah obviously theres always a few at the gym but its still a minority, maybe 5 or 10 out of 100. I do believe many have the ability but few actually push themselves to get there.

Strong wife indeed, no need to get yourself an electric car 😁

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah obviously theres always a few at the gym but its still a minority, maybe 5 or 10 out of 100. I do believe many have the ability but few actually push themselves to get there.

Strong wife indeed, no need to get yourself an electric car
Lol she can carry all the groceries too! Yeah I definitely think more people could bench 225-315 than they themselves realize. Belief is the first step towards actualization.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol she can carry all the groceries too! Yeah I definitely think more people could bench 225-315 than they themselves realize. Belief is the first step towards actualization.

Agree, then again humans probably arent supposed to lift more than their own weight 😁. Hey

That and eating, some people just stays the same forever. Cant expect to add weights if you don't add muscle.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm benching 80kg just now but for reps. I'm pretty sure if I went to one rep max I would get close to 100kg (225). I train at home though and don't have a spotter. I am stopping short of failure every time, I'll reach a point where it's a struggle to get the weight up and think "I could go for a couple more reps but may end up in a heap of trouble", my best ever is 110kg for around 6 reps I used to do on a Smith machine I had in my flat at the time.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm benching 80kg just now but for reps. I'm pretty sure if I went to one rep max I would get close to 100kg (225). I train at home though and don't have a spotter. I am stopping short of failure every time, I'll reach a point where it's a struggle to get the weight up and think "I could go for a couple more reps but may end up in a heap of trouble", my best ever is 110kg for around 6 reps I used to do on a Smith machine I had in my flat at the time.
What you said is kinda what im talking about. You did 110*6, every time you can do 3 you are capable of lifting 10kg more so in theory youd end up between 125 and 130 which isnt bad. Thing is when you stop benching youll drop down so easily and so much. I think if youd push yourself for a longer time there isnt any reason you couldnt lift 140+.

nickodemus

nickodemus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I work out at home also, have you looked into buying or making a stand for each side so the weight couldn't crush you in a bad situation?

NGtrains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I work out at home also, have you looked into buying or making a stand for each side so the weight couldn't crush you in a bad situation?
I’m going to be getting Some sawhorses to use for benching and squatting. I think they have them 25”-31” tall. I know it’ll work for squats but I may have to make the bench higher with 2x4s. Just a cheaper way of getting stands

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My "gym" is already a makeshift gym of the highest proportions. I use a spare bedroom. I have squat stands that I need to take out of a wardrobe to use and work around the bed, table, bookcases filed with kids board games and sh1t.

Having said that I have adjustable dumbells, barbell, ez curl/tricep bar, treadmill, dip station with chin up bar plus lifting weight belt for extra weight on dips and chins so I can do a fair bit with it. Not really any room for safety supports though.

The squat stands do have bar holders lower down for, I believe, rack pulls etc. These may be low enough to act as safeties if I did bench presses from the floor although I don't think the main stands go low enough for me to un rack the weight initially.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today is chest, will go crazy with reverse grip DB press, an exercise I forgot about. BB bench press only for moderate weight bottom partials.
Dips and push ups mandatory... gonna chase the pump and burn. At my last BBQ a friend asked me to train him too, in my alcohol fueled stupor I agreed. Now I have 3 trainees. Its gonna be a circuit of doom.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anyone experiencing strong front delt activation when doing reverse grip DB press?
After fiddling with form for awhile, I did them with 2x45lbs and doing a mix between flies and presses to feel a good chest involvement. No matter how I did them, it gave a burn in the front delts too.

Circuit was:
reverse grip DB press inclined - BB flat bench bottom partials - Cable flies - reverse grip DB press flat - elevated push ups TUT 4.1.1. - incline press machine 21's - DB full stretch/partial bottom flies. Everything 3 sets.

Circuit of doom was a success. Everyone had tears of joy (pain) in their eyes, LOL.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Reverse grip benching always feels very delt heavy to me
Ah, good to know. I swear, I tried anything possible to feel out how to hit chest more than delts. Finally I found a way by changing the angle of the forearms (more to center of body. This way its like a fly that starts low and ends like a push (a bit like standing hip deep in water and trying to splash someone in front of you, if you can picture this).
Honestly, still not satisfied. Best chest activation I get from BB bench partials and cable flies. As I don't train front delts often, I may keep doing the reverse press for awhile anyway.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Consider trying it with a barbell for sets of at least 12 reps. I always got a significant pec and delt pump with a barbell. You will want to use a spotter for a liftoff so you can keep your shoulder blades retracted and safe - lifting off reverse grip barbell is a pain!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Consider trying it with a barbell for sets of at least 12 reps. I always got a significant pec and delt pump with a barbell. You will want to use a spotter for a liftoff so you can keep your shoulder blades retracted and safe - lifting off reverse grip barbell is a pain!
(y) Good idea. Never did it, because couldn't figure out the lift off. Will try next Monday.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Back day

Volume, focus on form and back muscle activation:
underhand seated rows, overhand seated rows, face pulls, lat press down, lat pull down, kroc rows, BW rows, cables squat to row, good mornings

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I use way to much delt when benching also.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today was a masochistic/exhaustive Leg/Shoulder day.
Very little rest.
Felt the T-bol already, faster recovery between sets and exercises.

Set-scheme was something like Normal/slow-mo/rest pause/quick. Had us all moaning, sweating and cursing.
Love it seeing despair in the eyes of my training partners. Muhahaha!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here the promised progress pic:

As you can see, I got so huge, I don't fit into a picture anymore. Have to ask my son tomorrow to take a picture from about 20 yards away.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Here the promised progress pic:

View attachment 183383

As you can see, I got so huge, I don't fit into a picture anymore. Have to ask my son tomorrow to take a picture from about 20 yards away.

God i hate that feeling when you have to get a phone with a better camera not for the quality of the pictures but to be able to be in them, during a cycle ill change phones 2-3 times a year.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I hate taking selfie's

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
June 15 is "Cardio Night". Got "early birds" tickets for "Dax J". Rave baby, Rave! Dark Techno, just what the doctor prescribed for my knees.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’d be interested in seeing a “hairless grandpa” log :)

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay, here are real pics:
It is what it is. I'm still "abs-less".

I hope to lose some fat during this cycle. My estimate is, I have to lose at least 3% BF to look more like a bodybuilder than a powerlifter.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Seeing some new veins -and I swear, I look bigger than before the fast (3 month ago), even though my weight did not change. I can feel it using old T-shirts, filling them out more.
Looking at my pics -and progression, I think in pics, I look always the same, like a somewhat swole grandpa, no true progression like leaning out -or something.

Damn, have to double up my effort.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Abs are starting to show !!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You are too kind
Hehehe! Me kind? :)

Just telling how it is. Considering that you have a small age "advantage", all my hopes are, that I look as good as you in a few years.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hehehe! Me kind? :)

Just telling how it is. Considering that you have a small age "advantage", all my hopes are, that I look as good as you in a few years.

LIKE !