Follidrone 2.0 Log - FEMALE

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Shoulders today - went up in lateral raises 8lbs but only could complete 3x10 - was at 4x12 with 5 lb dumbbells each side.

OHP
Around the worlds

Front Presses
Front Raises

Upright Row
Lateral Raises

Then I did these until failure:
steering wheel with plate
front raise to lateral raise

Did some abs and planks.

Here I am 2 months post cut // 2 months maintenance/surplus bulk:

01.jpg

02.jpg

04.jpg

03.jpg

Anyone have suggestions on lower belly pooch area? Some of it is for sure genetics but since post pregnancy I haven't been able to get rid of it even with dieting cycles.

05.jpg

08.jpg

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
^ interested in responses for lower pooch.. , but quads/legs looking great!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
After 3 kids you can still see my wifes. only surgery to get rid of the lose skin. Yours doesn't look bad at all. it's a Momma's badge of honor.
Keep up the good work!

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Looking great and can still see some good muscle separation. For the lower belly unfortunately you will have to just diet it off.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
After 3 kids you can still see my wifes. only surgery to get rid of the lose skin. Yours doesn't look bad at all. it's a Momma's badge of honor.
Keep up the good work!
I can definitely grab that lower belly so it snot all loose skin, it just seems to protrude and its annoying. in the morning it is super flat and then after eating all day it seems to grow LOL

Thank you tho! Currently eating about 2,300kcal the last two months and some days are 3,000kcal. Give me all the FOOD!

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Looking great and can still see some good muscle separation. For the lower belly unfortunately you will have to just diet it off.
Thank you! I can still see top two abs in the morning so eating a ton but keeping the fat off!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can definitely grab that lower belly so it snot all loose skin, it just seems to protrude and its annoying. in the morning it is super flat and then after eating all day it seems to grow LOL

Thank you tho! Currently eating about 2,300kcal the last two months and some days are 3,000kcal. Give me all the FOOD!
The ab muscles get stretched a little also. My oldest daughter is 27 and had my granddaughter 5 years ago and she still has a little pooch with her ripped abs. She has been pretty serious into crossfit for almost 5 years.

what I'm saying is just stay the course and I'm sure it will get better, but if you still have a little pooch don't kill yourself over it.
I think it's sexy!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great work on the log! Sorry I missed it. As for the lower abs - it always seems to be the last to go. It's hard to get rid of. As others have said, just more dieting.

The advice I would have for you at this point - you probably feel like you are VERY close (and you are). I think that, as we get close to the body fat levels you are getting close to, a lot of us (myself included) just want to GET THERE ALREADY! And this makes us push the pedal just a little bit harder. This is the WRONG time to go harder. This is the time to back up, just a little bit, in a controlled fashion. You don't land a plane by dipping the nose for 10,000 feet and not pulling up a little near the end.

My warning isn't because you are doing something wrong - it is because I HAVE. Pushing harder, when you've been dieting, usually means more exercise, lower calories and a situation where leptin will fall dramatically and your hunger will get out of control and the diet will be over. It will take a much longer time to get things back in order after leptin drops too much. When leptin drops, it becomes about animal instinct and not will power.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
The ab muscles get stretched a little also. My oldest daughter is 27 and had my granddaughter 5 years ago and she still has a little pooch with her ripped abs. She has been pretty serious into crossfit for almost 5 years.

what I'm saying is just stay the course and I'm sure it will get better, but if you still have a little pooch don't kill yourself over it.
I think it's sexy!
It's crazy and annoying, especially when you feel like everyone else has a flat stomach below there belly button. I have also been using supernova during this bulk and it seems to help the fat gain in my stomach area, since that is where I gain it first!

Great work on the log! Sorry I missed it. As for the lower abs - it always seems to be the last to go. It's hard to get rid of. As others have said, just more dieting.

The advice I would have for you at this point - you probably feel like you are VERY close (and you are). I think that, as we get close to the body fat levels you are getting close to, a lot of us (myself included) just want to GET THERE ALREADY! And this makes us push the pedal just a little bit harder. This is the WRONG time to go harder. This is the time to back up, just a little bit, in a controlled fashion. You don't land a plane by dipping the nose for 10,000 feet and not pulling up a little near the end.

My warning isn't because you are doing something wrong - it is because I HAVE. Pushing harder, when you've been dieting, usually means more exercise, lower calories and a situation where leptin will fall dramatically and your hunger will get out of control and the diet will be over. It will take a much longer time to get things back in order after leptin drops too much. When leptin drops, it becomes about animal instinct and not will power.
Analogy is spot on. Is the lower belly area best treated with a low carb diet when you are in a caloric defecit? Or any truth to that. I have been lean bulking for 2 months and already planning my next cut. It seems like each cut gets easier from all the knowledge I am reading on AM, so MUCH good info!! :)

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My girlfriend has sciatica and Ive had her stop any high impact back work. This doesnt mean dont train the back hard it means I have her avoid things like burpies an exercises where she jumps etc. It seems to help. Instead for back she comes and trains with me.

Looks like your making progress. While your adding weight dont fear the pooch. Women tend to carry bodyfat in the thighs and stomach area. Normal.
When you cut itll all come off.
We can talk about a cutting strategy when the time comes. I have some suggestions for supplementation as well.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
My girlfriend has sciatica and Ive had her stop any high impact back work. This doesnt mean dont train the back hard it means I have her avoid things like burpies an exercises where she jumps etc. It seems to help. Instead for back she comes and trains with me.

Looks like your making progress. While your adding weight dont fear the pooch. Women tend to carry bodyfat in the thighs and stomach area. Normal.
When you cut itll all come off.
We can talk about a cutting strategy when the time comes. I have some suggestions for supplementation as well.
I will have to try to remove high impact stuff. I notice when I do lunges or split squats, it gets worse...

I want to be able to do HIIT come my cut but when I sprint on the treadmill it makes my back unbearable and was looking at buying a recumbent bike? Thoughts on using this for HIIT?

Thanks brundel for always being in my back pocket :wave2:

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I will have to try to remove high impact stuff. I notice when I do lunges or split squats, it gets worse...

I want to be able to do HIIT come my cut but when I sprint on the treadmill it makes my back unbearable and was looking at buying a recumbent bike? Thoughts on using this for HIIT?

Thanks brundel for always being in my back pocket :wave2:
Happy to be of service ;)
So my suggestion is the rotating stairs if you have access to them. If not go to a local school with stadium bleachers or somewhere with a long steep stairwell. This is what I do because if I run it destroys my back.
I do my cardio like this=

Rotating stairs or stairwell.
1 min just walking up.
1 min on my toes so like calf raise steps. (got this from Kai green)
1 min double or triple stair with a deep lunge/squat step plus the toe raise at the end.
30-54 min of this 3x a week and Im shredded in no time. Plus my calves have grown 2 inches in the last year since ive employed this and the separation in my legs has vastly improved.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Happy to be of service ;)
So my suggestion is the rotating stairs if you have access to them. If not go to a local school with stadium bleachers or somewhere with a long steep stairwell. This is what I do because if I run it destroys my back.
I do my cardio like this=

Rotating stairs or stairwell.
1 min just walking up.
1 min on my toes so like calf raise steps. (got this from Kai green)
1 min double or triple stair with a deep lunge/squat step plus the toe raise at the end.
30-54 min of this 3x a week and Im shredded in no time. Plus my calves have grown 2 inches in the last year since ive employed this and the separation in my legs has vastly improved.
the only thing with that is I work out at 4am and I dont think I would be comfortable or aloud on the stairs that early LOL

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
the only thing with that is I work out at 4am and I dont think I would be comfortable or aloud on the stairs that early LOL
Bummer. This has been a huge help for me. Otherwise i suppose a stationary bike would work. Running for me...no go.

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've done the recumbent bike and it works good and you want something that will keep you training without injury.
I use a spin bike now and love it but that may put stress on your back as well.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
I've done the recumbent bike and it works good and you want something that will keep you training without injury.
I use a spin bike now and love it but that may put stress on your back as well.
I was wondering if I should get a spin or a recumbent... thanks for the info. Now I know which one.
But yes, running is killer on my shins and my lower back :( but A+ for fat loss

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It's crazy and annoying, especially when you feel like everyone else has a flat stomach below there belly button. I have also been using supernova during this bulk and it seems to help the fat gain in my stomach area, since that is where I gain it first!

Analogy is spot on. Is the lower belly area best treated with a low carb diet when you are in a caloric defecit? Or any truth to that. I have been lean bulking for 2 months and already planning my next cut. It seems like each cut gets easier from all the knowledge I am reading on AM, so MUCH good info!! :)
If this were me, I would probably do a refeed when you feel like you've stalled - starchy carbs for a day or two. Not a free-for-all - but maybe 150-250 g of carbs a day. Keep fat reasonable, and protein where you normally keep it. Then, do what a lot of people suggest - go with a small deficit (from diet) of maybe 300-400 cals/day back off of the exercise just a little bit. I know it sucks because you are so close and that last little bit seems like it should only take a couple weeks...but taking 4 weeks instead of 2 will get you to a better place I bet.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
If this were me, I would probably do a refeed when you feel like you've stalled - starchy carbs for a day or two. Not a free-for-all - but maybe 150-250 g of carbs a day. Keep fat reasonable, and protein where you normally keep it. Then, do what a lot of people suggest - go with a small deficit (from diet) of maybe 300-400 cals/day back off of the exercise just a little bit. I know it sucks because you are so close and that last little bit seems like it should only take a couple weeks...but taking 4 weeks instead of 2 will get you to a better place I bet.
I was just curious since I have it during a cut too. BUT I am currently lean bulking so no on lower calories :) hehe!!!! But once I do cut (August 2017) is doing low carb superior? Or calorie deficit suffice?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I was just curious since I have it during a cut too. BUT I am currently lean bulking so no on lower calories :) hehe!!!! But once I do cut (August 2017) is doing low carb superior? Or calorie deficit suffice?
Oh geez, I'm sorry. Too many threads going on. Lean bulk? Wow. Really nice work. Then my advice doesn't apply at all. Play on.

As far as low carb, I tend to see it as a viable tool, but caloric deficit is the name of the game. Modulating carb intake is worth playing with to see how you respond and if you can get a little extra out.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Oh geez, I'm sorry. Too many threads going on. Lean bulk? Wow. Really nice work. Then my advice doesn't apply at all. Play on.

As far as low carb, I tend to see it as a viable tool, but caloric deficit is the name of the game. Modulating carb intake is worth playing with to see how you respond and if you can get a little extra out.
It's hard to keep up with all these good convo's going on. Going to incorporate Radiate I think if my body reacts well to it once I start my cut, got some samples in the mail!

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

Agree with this..low carb is just a tool to help get in a calorie deficit but calorie deficit is the most important part.

Yes the spin bike kicks my a$$. Can really go all out on it.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's hard to keep up with all these good convo's going on. Going to incorporate Radiate I think if my body reacts well to it once I start my cut, got some samples in the mail!
Great Log! I am on week 6 of Folli 2.0 and started my Radiate on week 4. So far, it's been a great combo! The endurance increase is awesome, especially for T25 and my strength is around the same from 25lbs ago. Maybe even a tad stronger.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For the cut I highly suggest extreme carb cycling.
I do one day high carbs
One day med carbs
one day next to 0 carbs. Just like my coffee creamer etc but no real carb sources.
Shreds fat off me like nothing else.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
For the cut I highly suggest extreme carb cycling.
I do one day high carbs
One day med carbs
one day next to 0 carbs. Just like my coffee creamer etc but no real carb sources.
Shreds fat off me like nothing else.
Carb cycling while on FD2 during my cut, or do I take this time off and just use something like Radiate and Supernova...?

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Agree with this..low carb is just a tool to help get in a calorie deficit but calorie deficit is the most important part.

Yes the spin bike kicks my a$$. Can really go all out on it.
I am an extreme B*tch on low carb LOL so my last cut was just 40%c/40%p/20%f and works well. On rest days I would lower my carbs and up my fats a bit but thats it.

Do you like the spin bike or recumbent bike better? I have lower back problems so thought the bike would be the best for HIIT.

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I am an extreme B*tch on low carb LOL so my last cut was just 40%c/40%p/20%f and works well. On rest days I would lower my carbs and up my fats a bit but thats it.

Do you like the spin bike or recumbent bike better? I have lower back problems so thought the bike would be the best for HIIT.
Much prefer the spin bike. Feel I get a better HIIT session with it compared to the recumbent bike.

Have to do works good for you on the diet especially when Going lower calories. Want something you will stick with.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Much prefer the spin bike. Feel I get a better HIIT session with it compared to the recumbent bike.

Have to do works good for you on the diet especially when Going lower calories. Want something you will stick with.
Maybe I will test out both bikes at my parents fitness center and determine which one I will buy :)

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Ended week 4 of FD2 on Mother's Day. I went all out this weekend with lots of food and weighed in at my highest: 135.8lbs. Feeling stronger and strength keeps going up. I have been very sore and maybe thinking of backing down training?

Thoughts on doing two lower body, two upper. I was doing two lower, one back/bicep, one shoulders/triceps, one full body. Should I combine all upper into one session and train twice a week upper? And then skip the full body (would only be training 4 days a week). Still doing 2-3 LISS cardio sessions a week on treadmill because I enjoy it.

Below are pictures taken 05-15-2017
05-15-2017.png

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Ended week 4 of FD2 on Mother's Day. I went all out this weekend with lots of food and weighed in at my highest: 135.8lbs. Feeling stronger and strength keeps going up. I have been very sore and maybe thinking of backing down training?

Thoughts on doing two lower body, two upper. I was doing two lower, one back/bicep, one shoulders/triceps, one full body. Should I combine all upper into one session and train twice a week upper? And then skip the full body (would only be training 4 days a week). Still doing 2-3 LISS cardio sessions a week on treadmill because I enjoy it.

Below are pictures taken 05-15-2017
View attachment 148857

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Carb cycling while on FD2 during my cut, or do I take this time off and just use something like Radiate and Supernova...?
FD2 really helps lower blood glucose levels. So high carb days are like med carb days and med is like low and low is like 0.
This helps you be able to stay fuller, stronger and maintain muscle during a cut better than anything else natural I know of.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
FD2 really helps lower blood glucose levels. So high carb days are like med carb days and med is like low and low is like 0.
This helps you be able to stay fuller, stronger and maintain muscle during a cut better than anything else natural I know of.
Can it be the reasoning of feeling flushed and warm sometimes after taking a dose, or having night sweats? I notice I get night sweats sometimes now. Should I take my last dose 3-4 hours before bed instead of 30min - 1 hour before bed(take it with my last meal)?

Fuller meaning muscle fullness? Not stomach fullness :)

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can it be the reasoning of feeling flushed and warm sometimes after taking a dose, or having night sweats? I notice I get night sweats sometimes now. Should I take my last dose 3-4 hours before bed instead of 30min - 1 hour before bed(take it with my last meal)?

Feeling warm may be a symptom of vasodilation as many of the ingredients will open the blood vessels.
I have not heard of night sweats but you can maybe try taking it earlier and see what happens.

Def not fuller stomach ;)
I meant muscle fullness which tends to drop significantly during low carb cuts.

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

Maybe just from higher calories and more carbs. I know that will happen to me.
Also an upper lower split is a good way to go

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
I am just not sure how I should incorporate back, biceps, triceps, and shoulders into one session. I use up my 45 min - 1 hour with just back and biceps.

Weighed in at my heaviest 135 lbs yesterday. Hopefully all MUSCLE! Currently eating about 2,000 - 2,300 calories a day. Rest days are about 1,900-2,000 and then sometimes on the weekends is all about the food and once in awhile get up to 2,600 :)

So starting week 5, just opened up my second bottle...and I up 2 lbs. Should I make my calories higher?

Stats below for any newer viewers:

I am a Female
5’7’’
27 years old
134-135lb
20% body fat - per scale

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If you are doing two upper body days you would spilt what you do In one workout to two.
So if you do say 16 to 20 sets on back just do 8 to 10. For shoulders if you say 12 do 6 and so on.
Another good way to get more done in less time is either supersets or what I prefer is alternating sets.
For those I would chose something like an Overhead press for shoulders and a pull up or pull down for back.
Do one set of shoulders rest a minute do a set of back rest a minute and go back and forth.
That way you are only resting a minute between sets but each muscle group gets a good 90secs or more of rest depending on how long your sets are.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
I currently do supersets now. I will see how tomorrow works out with doing all 4 muscle groups. I am sure I will love it because I use to do that but then felt like I didn't "burn out" each muscle enough.

Leg day today. Goblet and Back squats felt easy! Will bump up next session.
11.png

Some food porn below! Steak, eggs, fajita veggies!
food.png

Hardee's thickburger with fries place inside :) Haven't had Hardee's in so long!!
food2.png

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Food and physique looking great!
Concentrate on upping the intensity to help get that feeling of really working the muscles with less sets.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Also agree food looks nice, you also look leaner in images 15/05/2017

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Food and physique looking great!
Concentrate on upping the intensity to help get that feeling of really working the muscles with less sets.
Keeping the weight lbs the same then? Going until failure?

Also agree food looks nice, you also look leaner in images 15/05/2017
Thank you! Thoughts on upping calories? And by how much?
Currently eating about 2,000 - 2,300 calories a day.
Rest days are about 1,900-2,000 and then sometimes on the weekends is all about the food and once in awhile get up to 2,600.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established

Rest days are about 1,900-2,000 and then sometimes on the weekends is all about the food and once in awhile get up to 2,600.
If increasing calories i would go the lowest possible to allow for more weight gain, what is your current target for weight gain per week / month.

Personally i add in 150-250 each week if weight gain stalls and only aim to gain 1/2 a lb per week from now on, i used to push for 1-2 lbs but found that it ends up resulting in too much fat gain.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am just not sure how I should incorporate back, biceps, triceps, and shoulders into one session. I use up my 45 min - 1 hour with just back and biceps.

Weighed in at my heaviest 135 lbs yesterday. Hopefully all MUSCLE! Currently eating about 2,000 - 2,300 calories a day. Rest days are about 1,900-2,000 and then sometimes on the weekends is all about the food and once in awhile get up to 2,600 :)

So starting week 5, just opened up my second bottle...and I up 2 lbs. Should I make my calories higher?

Stats below for any newer viewers:

I am a Female
5’7’’
27 years old
134-135lb
20% body fat - per scale
How much has Bodyfat increased?
Are you happy with the rate of weight increase?
I would up the protein. additional 250-500cals.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
If increasing calories i would go the lowest possible to allow for more weight gain, what is your current target for weight gain per week / month.

Personally i add in 150-250 each week if weight gain stalls and only aim to gain 1/2 a lb per week from now on, i used to push for 1-2 lbs but found that it ends up resulting in too much fat gain.
Before starting FD2 I was abut 129-130 right after my 8 week cut. And now I am around 133-134. It had been about 9 weeks since I was at cutting calories. So not sure if I should wait one more week to add a bit more. Is it ok that I lower them on REST days?

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
How much has Bodyfat increased?
Are you happy with the rate of weight increase?
I would up the protein. additional 250-500cals.
Seems like I have been a little softer. I can still see ab definition for sure in the mornings. My mommy pooch has gotten a bit bigger but I assume with all the food it would.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Was interested in some lab results to see how all blood levels, glucose, and thyroid was functioning:

Results below

Total Cholesterol: 122
HDL: 50
LDL: 64
Triglycerides: 41
Blood Sugar/Glucose: 86 (this was fasted)
Blood Pressure 120/60
Thyroid functions: Normal

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Before starting FD2 I was abut 129-130 right after my 8 week cut. And now I am around 133-134. It had been about 9 weeks since I was at cutting calories. So not sure if I should wait one more week to add a bit more. Is it ok that I lower them on REST days?
looks like your gains are right where they need to be. Might play with upping the protein and leave the calories the same for 4 weeks and see what that does for you..

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

I would push to failure on your last set and see how it feels.

Like others have said up it at least 200 calories. And would keep going with the lower calories on your off days.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Perfect I will aim for 2,300 -2,400 a day with more protein. And see where that takes me. REST days will remain at 2,000.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Was interested in some lab results to see how all blood levels, glucose, and thyroid was functioning:

Results below

Total Cholesterol: 122
HDL: 50
LDL: 64
Triglycerides: 41
Blood Sugar/Glucose: 86 (this was fasted)
Blood Pressure 120/60
Thyroid functions: Normal
Looks really good.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Been eating more and still around 135lbs. I have been noticing pumps in my arms and legs especially after my workouts. Its amazing. Ordered two more bottles :) Been having some really bad lower back/side hip pain/sciatic pain. Might go in for an x-ray and have some PT done. I have PT for my left knee twice and it has worked amazing.

Should I keep my lower body days the same or switch up with my pain?