Florida School Shooting At Least 17 Dead

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I dont know exactly what happened in Sandy, I never will. I just said I dont believe what happened as reported.

What is your point about arming teachers? I dont understand the question.
You've posted your beliefs and those of Alex Jones' regarding Sandy Hook on here in the past which is why I asked, but you're now acting evasive about it. My question is why do you advocate arming teachers (your post just a few before this one) if you don't believe that these school shootings happen as they are being reported? If the killings are being done by professionals or no killings are being done at all and it's just staged, then what is the justification for arming teachers?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not fundamentally opposed to allowing teachers who already completed the required testing/training for CCL to be allowed to keep their weapon in a locked drawer or something similar in their class.

I don't really think we should necessarily encourage these people to actively pursue the threat, but having a trained shooter in the classroom can help save lives. Again, I don't mean as part of an active engagement, but if I were locked in a classroom during this situation, it would be nice if someone on my side of the door was armed too. That could help protect the children who are locked into the room, helplessly waiting for someone to save them.

Do I necessarily think that solves all problems? No.

Realistically, if every teacher was armed and trained and each school had SOF operators as security, shooters would just pick another soft target (school bus, church, etc.). Making a soft target into a hard target only serves to divert the aggression towards a different soft target.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You've posted your beliefs and those of Alex Jones' regarding Sandy Hook on here in the past which is why I asked, but you're now acting evasive about it. My question is why do you advocate arming teachers (your post just a few before this one) if you don't believe that these school shootings happen as they are being reported? If the killings are being done by professionals or no killings are being done at all and it's just staged, then what is the justification for arming teachers?
I remember listening to Alex Jones show live after Sandy Hook and he was questioning the event and discussed it potentially being a false flag. Then the media turned it into something else. I dont think people should believe everything Alex says, I find his show very entertaining but I remember what I remember and I dont see why it would be a problem to question a big event like this, which of course that turned into "it didnt happen."

Regardless if school shootings were happening or not, I dont see any reason why licensed and trained school teachers/faculty cant bring some glocks to school. I dont see what the big deal is, and I feel its a Constitutional violation to refrain teachers from doing so. I would allow open carry.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Out of all the school shootings, how many walked out in the crowd? Please point to where I said I wanted untrained teachers to be armed. Secondarily, most states have laws that allow a legal permit holder to engage a deadly threat with deadly force even though they aren't a police officer.
Who is going to train them? The FBI? The local police department? The NRA?
Who is going to pay for the training? Schools can't afford to pay for it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I still have MANY unanswered questions about the vegas shooting.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Who is going to train them? The FBI? The local police department? The NRA?
Who is going to pay for the training? Schools can't afford to pay for it.
Teachers can go out on their own and take a firearms class. They can go to a gun range and practice. Its really not that complicated, just like any other citizen can in this country. Id be shocked if there arent a bunch of teachers that already do so.

Id abolish the FBl, federal police are not authorized to operate by the Constitution, so if your looking for money that is a rich source!!! Thats another topic though had to throw that in there :)

There is no reason local and state police cant have short seminars on school shootings with the school faculties that volunteer to bear arms. A couple hours here and a couple hours there. Its not a big expensive deal.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I still have MANY unanswered questions about the vegas shooting.
I think I heard last week that the autopsy revealed he had anti--anxiety meds in his system. As usual there are prescription meds involved.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I think I heard last week that the autopsy revealed he had anti--anxiety meds in his system. As usual there are prescription meds involved.
not going to go all in on conspiracy theories but there is very little transparency about something that was as monstrous an event as the vegas shooting...we already know more about the school shooting than we do about the vegas shooting...????

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I love how everybody wants to do something about other common denominators that have no correlation with what happened, but choose to ignore the single connecting factor that does. People need to stop making excuses and just be honest. Weighing the option of dead kids and being able to have any gun you want, a lot of people sending prayers are perfectly fine with dead kids. All this other bull**** is just to make yourself feel better about your decision.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I love how everybody wants to do something about other common denominators that have no correlation with what happened, but choose to ignore the single connecting factor that does. People need to stop making excuses and just be honest. Weighing the option of dead kids and being able to have any gun you want, a lot of people sending prayers are perfectly fine with dead kids. All this other bull**** is just to make yourself feel better about your decision.
Its not an excuse, there are side effects listed on the pamphlet that must be factor in to all these incidents when investigating. Drugs are a serious issue.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We still don’t know much about the shooter who lived in this home. But there is something else to consider: What medications if any he was on? I’m specifically talking about antidepressants. If you look at the studies of other shootings like this that have happened, medications like this were a common factor. Now I want to be clear I’m not saying that antidepressants can’t be effective. But people seem to agree that there is a vulnerable time. When someone starts these medications and when someone stops could lead to increased impulsivity and decreased judgment, and making someone out of touch. None of this is an excuse and it’s never just one thing. None of these behaviors will fully predict or explain why. But soon again there will be hindsight that might just help prevent another tragedy. It’s worth pointing out over a seven-year period there were 11,000 episodes of violence related to drug side effects. If there was a death involved, often it was the individual of himself or herself, a suicide.

Sanjay Gupta neurosurgeon and famous chief medical correspondent on CNN after the Newton Tragedy

Ill go put my tin foil back on now.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Its not an excuse, there are side effects listed on the pamphlet that must be factor in to all these incidents when investigating. Drugs are a serious issue.
It's completely an excuse. If you're going to say the most significantly correlated item between all of these attacks isn't a factor, but loosely related items are. That's manipulating the information. I am quite aware of side effects that come out of clinical trials because I'm involved in them on a daily basis. Yes, phase III clinical trials for medication meant to treat anxiety or depression is going to use patients with anxiety or depression.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sanjay Gupta neurosurgeon and famous chief medical correspondent on CNN after the Newton Tragedy

Ill go put my tin foil back on now.
Again, yes, sometimes depressed people committ suicide. Also, Sanjay Gupta is a shill who says what CNN tells him to. He's on the same level as Dr. Oz. More shocking is that you quoted a Hillary buddy.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Those 4 students sure are getting attention with their anti Trump campaign.

http://thegatewaypundit.com/2018/02/photos-student-school-massacre-survivors-cbs-reporter-party-like-rock-stars/

The one kid keeps calling the school by the wrong name too.
See, at least cubsfan815 is being honest here (unlike all the times he claims to be from Chicago). He says **** those kids that survived. They shouldn't even be happy to be alive. And **** their first amendment right too. cubsfan815, just wow!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
See, at least cubsfan815 is being honest here (unlike all the times he claims to be from Chicago). He says **** those kids that survived. They shouldn't even be happy to be alive. And **** their first amendment right too. cubsfan815, just wow!
Lol, excuse me for saying Chicago when people ask where I'm located. Like no one else uses their closest city when people ask. I also work in the city quite a bit since I manage multiple accounts that are HQd there.

There's a difference in being happy to be alive and being a trained actor. You are so oblivious to what's going on in this country. These kids are probably worth 10 times what we are with their Soros payouts.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very worried about people's rights, I see, or does that only extend to a select few?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The kind of solutions you would propose are clear violations of the 2nd Amendment of the Bill of Rights, aren't they?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lol, excuse me for saying Chicago when people ask where I'm located. Like no one else uses their closest city when people ask. I also work in the city quite a bit since I manage multiple accounts that are HQd there.

There's a difference in being happy to be alive and being a trained actor. You are so oblivious to what's going on in this country. These kids are probably worth 10 times what we are with their Soros payouts.
Yes, the ******* who is the even bigger Alex Jones fan than Ax1 is so in touch with the truth.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The kind of solutions you would propose are clear violations of the 2nd Amendment of the Bill of Rights, aren't they?
A well regulated militia and right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. Again, what solution of mine goes against that?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A well regulated militia and right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. Again, what solution of mine goes against that?
Are your solutions not restrictions on which arms can be owned by the average citizen? That is what I seem to recall reading earlier in this thread.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why are you always so mad at everyone?
Cause he's an ******* that is still upset Killary lost the election and now all his welfare and free phones are turned off. I've never spoken down to him, even though he constantly disrespects me.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Why are you always so mad at everyone?
I'm not mad at anyone. If you're ok with ****head saying that those students who were nearly killed are paid actors, then you are also free to have that opinion. I am free to think they are nothing more than students who are happy to be alive and angry at what happened. I'm also free to think attacking them is pathetic.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not mad at anyone. If you're ok with ****head saying that those students who were nearly killed are paid actors, then you are also free to have that opinion. I am free to think they are nothing more than students who are happy to be alive and angry at what happened. I'm also free to think attacking them is pathetic.
Come on, man. You have spent at least half of this thread cursing at that one dude from the Trump thread. If you aren't mad, you aren't doing a good job of projecting that via text.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Cause he's an ******* that is still upset Killary lost the election and now all his welfare and free phones are turned off. I've never spoken down to him, even though he constantly disrespects me.
Yeah, big money in Rockford huh? I've said several times now that Hillary should be tried in the Hague, so maybe try another angle.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What is your solution?

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, the ******* who is the even bigger Alex Jones fan than Ax1 is so in touch with the truth.
Yup that's me. I cited Alex Jones once or twice probably, but you know everything. You constantly disrespect people with your liberal bull****.

Just remember Seth Rich died trying to help your cause.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Come on, man. You have spent at least half of this thread cursing at that one dude from the Trump thread. If you aren't mad, you aren't doing a good job of projecting that via text.
The guy who said electricity was invented in the US?!

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yup that's me. I cited Alex Jones once or twice probably, but you know everything. You constantly disrespect people with your liberal bull****.

Just remember Seth Rich died trying to help your cause.
Damn, you're being spit roasted by Milo on one end and Alex Jones on the other. Toss in "liberal" as an insult even though you're clearly liberal, but unsure what that word means except you were told to not like it.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Are your solutions not restrictions on which arms can be owned by the average citizen? That is what I seem to recall reading earlier in this thread.
There are restrictions on the 1st amendment, which sets a precedent for the 2nd. Actually there already are restrictions on the 2nd as well. Setting restrictions on some guns doesn't restrict the right to bear arms which is what the constitution guarantees.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Damn, you're being spit roasted by Milo on one end and Alex Jones on the other. Toss in "liberal" as an insult even though you're clearly liberal, but unsure what that word means except you were told to not like it.
I said liberal bull**** not liberal. Spit roasted, is that a homophobic insult lmao. Also thanks for the Rockford insult, that's where I was born, not where I live. I forgot you are so much better than anyone else here.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What the hell is wrong with some of you guys in here. It seems every damn thread you enter it turns in to a belittling ass grab.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What the hell is wrong with some of you guys in here. It seems every damn thread you enter it turns in to a belittling ass grab.
Only 1 person here on AM can voice his opinion. If anyone else does we get bashed. Sometimes I say stuff just to watch him go.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
What the hell is wrong with some of you guys in here. It seems every damn thread you enter it turns in to a belittling ****fest.
Someone is overcompensating for all the education they payed for.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Only 1 person here on AM can voice his opinion. If anyone else does we get bashed. Sometimes I say stuff just to watch him go.
You voiced your opinion and I voiced mine. You attacked kids that were just involved in a school shooting and then stood your ground when you got called out for it. Nobody is telling you to stop voicing your opinion.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is insane. Every damn thread i see about any topic that has a potential of being politically charged it turns into a shīt show.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Someone is overcompensating for all the education they payed for.
Yes, I needed a degree to tell me attacking kids is bad. Maybe we can hire armed teachers to protect your safe space here.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There are restrictions on the 1st amendment, which sets a precedent for the 2nd. Actually there already are restrictions on the 2nd as well. Setting restrictions on some guns doesn't restrict the right to bear arms which is what the constitution guarantees.
This. Almost every amendment has restrictions. And you can't have a silencer, fully automatic, etc.

Banning guns isn't the solution anymore than arming teachers is. As jimbuick said, if you make schools a hard target, something else will be an easy target.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You voiced your opinion and I voiced mine. You attacked kids that were just involved in a school shooting and then stood your ground when you got called out for it. Nobody is telling you to stop voicing your opinion.
You also defend them without even looking into it. They are laughing and joking 1 second, then sad 1 second later. Plus posing with cnn like they are celebs. Not to mention how well versed on nra and gun issues they are. Seems odd they learn all that in 1 day.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just to state the obvious though "banning" and ceasing guns with 300 million already in circulation would eliminate the good guys from having guns. We are beyond the point of outlawing guns. Unless you rocket scientists believe criminals holding illegal firearms will march down and do the right thing and turn over their "assault" rifles. Just hearing people mention that will fix the problem shows how clueless some people are.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just to state the obvious though "banning" and ceasing guns with 300 million already in circulation would eliminate the good guys from having guns. We are beyond the point of outlawing guns. Unless you rocket scientists believe criminals holding illegal firearms will march down and do the right thing and turn over their "assault" rifles. Just hearing people mention that will fix the problem shows how clueless some people are.
Serious question, has anybody in this entire thread called for banning guns outright?

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So any chance of us fixing it by taking away a constituitional right is long gone.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
SmartSelectImage_2018-02-19-22-25-09.jpg
Right about here.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This. Almost every amendment has restrictions. And you can't have a silencer, fully automatic, etc.

Banning guns isn't the solution anymore than arming teachers is. As jimbuick said, if you make schools a hard target, something else will be an easy target.
The 2nd Amendment doesnt restrict silencers and automatics. The right to bear arms shall not be infringed. Of course, they did not imagine the type of future weaponry at that time. Then again, the primary purpose of the 2nd is balance of powers. The Constitution has been amended of course since the original, but many amendments are arguably completely unconstitutional.