Fit for February 14th... Or Dead Lift in a DRESS!!!

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Speaking of leg day...

Lying leg curls 15,12,9,6 rep pyramid

Leg press 3 sec negative 3 sets 10 reps. First work set 5/side next 5.5/side next 6/side which is a pr with the slow negatives.. Not bad I guess.

Squats 3x15@185- well below parallel. Ass to ankles.

Tear drop leg extensions 3x8 with a 1 second contraction hold.. Heaviest set was the full stack.

SLDL 3x10

16 sets total not counting warm ups. I almost made like the meadows vid I posted last week...

Macros=solid.

2444 cals I'll find another 66 to choke down before the nights over. 74 g fat 191c 258 pro. Thinking I'll munch some beef jerky for the extra cals and protein to put me dead on my macros. If anyone has a venison jerky recipe let me know *ahem danb*
Lol just saw that last part. I actually use High mountain seasoning and cures. Ive tried about everything and this is the ONLY stuff I use now. I have a fresh box I just opened if you wanna try a couple pounds worth before u go buy it I'd be more than happy to mix you some up and ship out.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Nice session buddy :) I would kill for some venison in my freezer. I'm going to start hunting I think next year. None of my buddies ever share over here.
Get on it man! Nothing like the thrill of the hunt! And venison nutrition is phenomenal.

Lol just saw that last part. I actually use High mountain seasoning and cures. Ive tried about everything and this is the ONLY stuff I use now. I have a fresh box I just opened if you wanna try a couple pounds worth before u go buy it I'd be more than happy to mix you some up and ship out.
That comes from cabelas right? It sounds familiar. If it's cabelas I've had it I think. I gotta put in an order there anyways so no biggy on sending it to me, I'll grab it when I get some Christmas gifts... This is one of them. http://www.cabelas.com/product/Redneck-Plunger/1611737.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=/catalog/search.cmd?recordsPerPage=18&No=0&N=0&Ntk=AllProducts&Ntt=Redneck+plunger&search=Search&No=0&Ntt=Redneck+plunger

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Get on it man! Nothing like the thrill of the hunt! And venison nutrition is phenomenal.

That comes from cabelas right? It sounds familiar. If it's cabelas I've had it I think. I gotta put in an order there anyways so no biggy on sending it to me, I'll grab it when I get some Christmas gifts... This is one of them. http://www.cabelas.com/product/Redneck-Plunger/1611737.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3FrecordsPerPage%3D18%26No%3D0%26N%3D0%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3DRedneck%2Bplunger%26search%3DSearch&No=0&Ntt=Redneck+plunger
Lol Thats a sick plunger! I'm not sure if its from cabelas or not. I just grab mine at our local outdoor (if you can call it that) shop. They make a sampler pack that comes with enough seasoning to do 2(maybe 3) lbs of

Mesquite
Cracked pepper and garlic
Hickory
Cajun
Original

Highly recommend this package. You can get other selections too. I think its like 15$?

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Macros today
317/100/125. P/C/F

2753 cals.

Boom feeling in the zone with diet. First time I've ever had fats this high. Definitely makes low carb days more tolerable. All I've ever known is low carbs and fats which really isn't a great combo trust me :)

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Lol Thats a sick plunger! I'm not sure if its from cabelas or not. I just grab mine at our local outdoor (if you can call it that) shop. They make a sampler pack that comes with enough seasoning to do 2(maybe 3) lbs of Mesquite Cracked pepper and garlic Hickory Cajun Original Highly recommend this package. You can get other selections too. I think its like 15$?
I googled it. I'll be picking some up soon.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
What a guy ^^^

Get on it man! Nothing like the thrill of the hunt! And venison nutrition is phenomenal. That comes from cabelas right? It sounds familiar. If it's cabelas I've had it I think. I gotta put in an order there anyways so no biggy on sending it to me, I'll grab it when I get some Christmas gifts... This is one of them. http://www.cabelas.com/product/Redneck-Plunger/1611737.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3FrecordsPerPage%3D18%26No%3D0%26N%3D0%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3DRedneck%2Bplunger%26search%3DSearch&No=0&Ntt=Redneck+plunger
Yes I've been wanting to start so bad just a time and money thing.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
What is up mofo's? lol Kleen glad to see you are doing well big man! Haven't been around here in a while.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
haha.. Thanks man. Been doing good. Lifting hard, did a few PL meets, nothing too crazy. Not sure why I stopped posting on here tbh. Guess my daily rotation of forums got too big..lol Might start hanging around a bit more again.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
haha.. Thanks man. Been doing good. Lifting hard, did a few PL meets, nothing too crazy. Not sure why I stopped posting on here tbh. Guess my daily rotation of forums got too big..lol Might start hanging around a bit more again.
Very nice to hear. Look forwArd to your presence :)

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Solid session today!

Warmup tread 6 mins
Foam roll // band work 5 mins or so

Chest / Shoulders / HIIT

Pre exhaust DB Flye
2x15 slow and controlled

Slight Incl DB twist press
3x10 (up one rep ea set from last week)

Slight incl Smith BB Press - lower to 2 in above chest explode up no lock out
2 warmup sets
4x8
1x7

Machine Press and Stretch
3x10+10

Low cable cross
2x12

Heavy Machine laterals (partials constant tension)
3x35

Reverse Pec deck
3x35 full ROM

Seated incl face down destroyer set
1x45
1x22
1x11 full ROM

Weight was dropped in half ea set.

10 mins HIIT stair master

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Solid session today! Warmup tread 6 mins Foam roll // band work 5 mins or so Chest / Shoulders / HIIT Pre exhaust DB Flye 2x15 slow and controlled Slight Incl DB twist press 3x10 (up one rep ea set from last week) Slight incl Smith BB Press - lower to 2 in above chest explode up no lock out 2 warmup sets 4x8 1x7 Machine Press and Stretch 3x10+10 Low cable cross 2x12 Heavy Machine laterals (partials constant tension) 3x35 Reverse Pec deck 3x35 full ROM Seated incl face down destroyer set 1x45 1x22 1x11 full ROM Weight was dropped in half ea set. 10 mins HIIT stair master
On sh!t you're in week 4 of the meadows program too aren't you? Looks like a fun workout.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
20131206 http://youtu.be/Gwku_nO55oA
Cube W1D3 (explosive squats)

Competition Stance
185x3x8

Front squat 155x3x5

Pause squat 185x8x3 (3 second pause)

GHR 3x15

Cut session short due to time.

Cube W2D1 (explosive deads)

Competition stance 245x3x8

Block pulls (~4") 265x2x5

Deficit Pulls 225x3x8 http://youtu.be/RjEqmyxEn2I

Shrugs 225x3x10

I may have to up my numbers...
I think you probably can.

Speaking of leg day...

Lying leg curls 15,12,9,6 rep pyramid

Leg press 3 sec negative 3 sets 10 reps. First work set 5/side next 5.5/side next 6/side which is a pr with the slow negatives.. Not bad I guess.

Squats 3x15@185- well below parallel. Ass to ankles.

Tear drop leg extensions 3x8 with a 1 second contraction hold.. Heaviest set was the full stack.

SLDL 3x10

16 sets total not counting warm ups. I almost made like the meadows vid I posted last week...

Macros=solid.

2444 cals I'll find another 66 to choke down before the nights over. 74 g fat 191c 258 pro. Thinking I'll munch some beef jerky for the extra cals and protein to put me dead on my macros. If anyone has a venison jerky recipe let me know *ahem danb*
Nice work and congrats on those PR's
Yessir, I eat four almost every night, with pepper jack, jalapeños, tapatio or cholula, and tons of love.
Oh yeah!!!!! I think this may have to be one of my up and coming breakfasts.
I haven't had a whole egg for months...this needs to change soon
WHAT??? You have been low carb and no whole eggs? Egg Yolk is the nectar of the Gods! So many benefits to them!
You had me at every night !!! My man right here ^^^

Dude I suggest start reading up on meadow's site. Best 10 bucks I've spent. Very beneficial they are :)

Exactly
Yep I love that site lots to read! Some of the best stuff is the "In the trenches" section and of course Advanced Nutrition!

Macros today
317/100/125. P/C/F

2753 cals.

Boom feeling in the zone with diet. First time I've ever had fats this high. Definitely makes low carb days more tolerable. All I've ever known is low carbs and fats which really isn't a great combo trust me :)
Sexy! I thought you would like those macros. Fats are your friend!
What is up mofo's? lol Kleen glad to see you are doing well big man! Haven't been around here in a while.
Awesome to see you Frank! So how did you do in your meets?
Solid session today!

Warmup tread 6 mins
Foam roll // band work 5 mins or so

Chest / Shoulders / HIIT

Pre exhaust DB Flye
2x15 slow and controlled

Slight Incl DB twist press
3x10 (up one rep ea set from last week)

Slight incl Smith BB Press - lower to 2 in above chest explode up no lock out
2 warmup sets
4x8
1x7

Machine Press and Stretch
3x10+10

Low cable cross
2x12

Heavy Machine laterals (partials constant tension)
3x35

Reverse Pec deck
3x35 full ROM

Seated incl face down destroyer set
1x45
1x22
1x11 full ROM

Weight was dropped in half ea set.

10 mins HIIT stair master
Nice work Bean!

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok. MrKleen73 and jimbuick are we still on for next Sunday the 22nd? Also is the 24hr fitness by the woodlands mall good for you Chris? I'll buy your post workout meal to make up for the extra car mileage :) and what time do you guys wanna go? I'm open any time of the day on Sundays.

I dunno what body parts I'll be on scheduled for but as long as it's not legs and I'm one day removed from legs I'll be fine either way.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I know I am a nobody round here but one piece of criticism. Try and not "break your neck" like that. Chest up is good, but you don't really want your neck up like that. Try and keep a neutral neck position. It is kind of a mind **** to have your chest up, without exagerating your neck position like that, but try and work on it. Maybe pick a spot on the floor 10-15ft out and focus on that.

You are also turning it into a 2 part lift. Would love to see a pull from the floor because some of that could be the deficit, but you will see you lock out the knees, then start the "pulling back" like a stiff leg DL. In a perfect world you would lock out the knees and hips at the same time, in an unperfect world you should try and get them very close.

Look at this screen cap. You are pretty much locked out at the knees as soon as you cross the knee. Also take note to how far out in front of the bar your shoulders are because of this. Makes the pull way harder than it has to be.

I

Awesome to see you Frank! So how did you do in your meets?
Thanks! Good to be back.. I did well. Totaled just under 1600 at my last meet in November @ 198. Left probably 15-25lb on the table on bench and probably 30lb on the table on deads. I severely underestimated my deadlift and thought I was making a pretty aggressive jump on my third attempt(623lb) but it looked/felt like first attempt. heh

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Okay this is how the back workout went today. It was not exactly Meadows but Meadows like... I have decided to do my own thing for a bit while still using things I learned from there. I want to hit up the Reactive Pump program once I have my Meadows Band Set so I figure I will hold of and do / make up some of my own stuff as I got until I have what I want to try that program.

So here is how it went down. Basic lay of the program was 10,8,6,4,10 with 30 second rest periods.

Back

Did about 30 Bent over rows with Barbell only then 15 curls and 15 triceps extensions to make sure my back and elbows were ready for some work.
Meadows Rows = Warm Up 45x15, 80x10, 115x8, 140x6, 165x4, 80x10 - No rest between arms or sets here, the work on the one arm was the rest period for the other. When I added weight I grabbed from the tree next to me slapped it on and went right to work.

Strict 30 second rest periods from here on out. I got set up at about 25 and started pulling at the 30 second mark.

Close Grip Seated Cable Row - 150x10, 180x8, 210x6, 225x4, 180x10 - Already had a nice sweat worked up by the end of these and my back was feeling the love!

Wide Grip Lat Pull Downs - 165x10, 180x8, 210x6, 225x4, 180x10 - last few on the last set were about 2/3 partials, and my lats felt fried

Stretchers - 150x12, 150x10, 130x10, 120x10
- I got a nice deep stretch on these and my lats were on fire. I held each stretch for 2-3 seconds, and found that if I allowed my front knee to bend even more while dipping in the stretch was absolutely ridiculous like something from a torture device. I recommend giving this a shot for maximum stretch, also use the smallest / closest V grip you can find it makes a difference in the stretch too.

Face Pulls on low pulley - 70x15, 50x15, 50x12, 50x10 - this pulley is the one that always feels heavier, for example when I do these in the cable crossover station I can pull 150 for 15 reps and was failing on the last two sets at 50 on this one.

DB Shrugs - 65x15, 75x15, 85x15, 65x15 - My traps looked huge when I was done here. I looked like Goldberg about to spear a mutha fugga!

Decline Boxer Crunches - 4 sets to failure.

Including warm ups was 33 sets in 42 minutes. I was really impressed with how strength held up at this pace and volume. I figured I might peter out but I guess the Prodigy & Creatrona turned me into a machine!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I know I am a nobody round here but one piece of criticism. Try and not "break your neck" like that. Chest up is good, but you don't really want your neck up like that. Try and keep a neutral neck position. It is kind of a mind **** to have your chest up, without exagerating your neck position like that, but try and work on it. Maybe pick a spot on the floor 10-15ft out and focus on that.

You are also turning it into a 2 part lift. Would love to see a pull from the floor because some of that could be the deficit, but you will see you lock out the knees, then start the "pulling back" like a stiff leg DL. In a perfect world you would lock out the knees and hips at the same time, in an unperfect world you should try and get them very close.

Look at this screen cap. You are pretty much locked out at the knees as soon as you cross the knee. Also take note to how far out in front of the bar your shoulders are because of this. Makes the pull way harder than it has to be.

Thanks! Good to be back.. I did well. Totaled just under 1600 at my last meet in November @ 198. Left probably 15-25lb on the table on bench and probably 30lb on the table on deads. I severely underestimated my deadlift and thought I was making a pretty aggressive jump on my third attempt(623lb) but it looked/felt like first attempt. heh
Nice work on almost a 1600 and I just learned something about deadlifting too. Thanks for taking the time to critique even though it wasn't me, I will take the knowledge and put it to use.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Nice work on almost a 1600 and I just learned something about deadlifting too. Thanks for taking the time to critique even though it wasn't me, I will take the knowledge and put it to use.
Not a problem. Here is a bit of a visual of what I am talking about. Brandon Lilly really has some good technical deadlifting.

Neck position is more neutral, chest is up, but neck/head isn't. Also look how much of his body is behind the bar as compared to the above pic, even below the knee in the middle pic. You can see both the knee and hips are pretty close to lockout at that point. Look at the angle of his legs compared to above as well.
**might have to click to get full size**

HTH!

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
On sh!t you're in week 4 of the meadows program too aren't you? Looks like a fun workout.
No actually week 2. I'm doing my own version between regular MD and his reactive pump.

I think you probably can. Nice work and congrats on those PR's Oh yeah!!!!! I think this may have to be one of my up and coming breakfasts. WHAT??? You have been low carb and no whole eggs? Egg Yolk is the nectar of the Gods! So many benefits to them! Yep I love that site lots to read! Some of the best stuff is the "In the trenches" section and of course Advanced Nutrition! Sexy! I thought you would like those macros. Fats are your friend! Awesome to see you Frank! So how did you do in your meets? Nice work Bean!
Thanks buddy!

QUOTE="Frank Reynolds;4272008"] I know I am a nobody round here but one piece of criticism. Try and not "break your neck" like that. Chest up is good, but you don't really want your neck up like that. Try and keep a neutral neck position. It is kind of a mind **** to have your chest up, without exagerating your neck position like that, but try and work on it. Maybe pick a spot on the floor 10-15ft out and focus on that. You are also turning it into a 2 part lift. Would love to see a pull from the floor because some of that could be the deficit, but you will see you lock out the knees, then start the "pulling back" like a stiff leg DL. In a perfect world you would lock out the knees and hips at the same time, in an unperfect world you should try and get them very close. Look at this screen cap. You are pretty much locked out at the knees as soon as you cross the knee. Also take note to how far out in front of the bar your shoulders are because of this. Makes the pull way harder than it has to be. http://s865.photobucket.com/user/FrankReynolds2/media/dead_zps33d4199a.jpg.html Thanks! Good to be back.. I did well. Totaled just under 1600 at my last meet in November @ 198. Left probably 15-25lb on the table on bench and probably 30lb on the table on deads. I severely underestimated my deadlift and thought I was making a pretty aggressive jump on my third attempt(623lb) but it looked/felt like first attempt. heh[/QUOTE]

Awesome to have you in here.

Okay this is how the back workout went today. It was not exactly Meadows but Meadows like... I have decided to do my own thing for a bit while still using things I learned from there. I want to hit up the Reactive Pump program once I have my Meadows Band Set so I figure I will hold of and do / make up some of my own stuff as I got until I have what I want to try that program. So here is how it went down. Basic lay of the program was 10,8,6,4,10 with 30 second rest periods. Back Did about 30 Bent over rows with Barbell only then 15 curls and 15 triceps extensions to make sure my back and elbows were ready for some work. Meadows Rows = Warm Up 45x15, 80x10, 115x8, 140x6, 165x4, 80x10 - No rest between arms or sets here, the work on the one arm was the rest period for the other. When I added weight I grabbed from the tree next to me slapped it on and went right to work. Strict 30 second rest periods from here on out. I got set up at about 25 and started pulling at the 30 second mark. Close Grip Seated Cable Row - 150x10, 180x8, 210x6, 225x4, 180x10 - Already had a nice sweat worked up by the end of these and my back was feeling the love! Wide Grip Lat Pull Downs - 165x10, 180x8, 210x6, 225x4, 180x10 - last few on the last set were about 2/3 partials, and my lats felt fried Stretchers - 150x12, 150x10, 130x10, 120x10 - I got a nice deep stretch on these and my lats were on fire. I held each stretch for 2-3 seconds, and found that if I allowed my front knee to bend even more while dipping in the stretch was absolutely ridiculous like something from a torture device. I recommend giving this a shot for maximum stretch, also use the smallest / closest V grip you can find it makes a difference in the stretch too. Face Pulls on low pulley - 70x15, 50x15, 50x12, 50x10 - this pulley is the one that always feels heavier, for example when I do these in the cable crossover station I can pull 150 for 15 reps and was failing on the last two sets at 50 on this one. DB Shrugs - 65x15, 75x15, 85x15, 65x15 - My traps looked huge when I was done here. I looked like Goldberg about to spear a mutha fugga! Decline Boxer Crunches - 4 sets to failure. Including warm ups was 33 sets in 42 minutes. I was really impressed with how strength held up at this pace and volume. I figured I might peter out but I guess the Prodigy & Creatrona turned me into a machine!
Nice work Chris!

Not a problem. Here is a bit of a visual of what I am talking about. Brandon Lilly really has some good technical deadlifting. Neck position is more neutral, chest is up, but neck/head isn't. Also look how much of his body is behind the bar as compared to the above pic, even below the knee in the middle pic. You can see both the knee and hips are pretty close to lockout at that point. Look at the angle of his legs compared to above as well. **might have to click to get full size** http://s865.photobucket.com/user/FrankReynolds2/media/8b97616a-f1e0-45f8-97f8-5bd8ae45c84b_zpsc62dcc6e.jpg.html HTH!
Great info

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Not a problem. Here is a bit of a visual of what I am talking about. Brandon Lilly really has some good technical deadlifting.

Neck position is more neutral, chest is up, but neck/head isn't. Also look how much of his body is behind the bar as compared to the above pic, even below the knee in the middle pic. You can see both the knee and hips are pretty close to lockout at that point. Look at the angle of his legs compared to above as well.
**might have to click to get full size**

HTH!
Damn that is a big dude, and I see what you mean by not being overly in front of the bar.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know I am a nobody round here but one piece of criticism. Try and not "break your neck" like that. Chest up is good, but you don't really want your neck up like that. Try and keep a neutral neck position. It is kind of a mind **** to have your chest up, without exagerating your neck position like that, but try and work on it. Maybe pick a spot on the floor 10-15ft out and focus on that. You are also turning it into a 2 part lift. Would love to see a pull from the floor because some of that could be the deficit, but you will see you lock out the knees, then start the "pulling back" like a stiff leg DL. In a perfect world you would lock out the knees and hips at the same time, in an unperfect world you should try and get them very close. Look at this screen cap. You are pretty much locked out at the knees as soon as you cross the knee. Also take note to how far out in front of the bar your shoulders are because of this. Makes the pull way harder than it has to be. http://s865.photobucket.com/user/FrankReynolds2/media/dead_zps33d4199a.jpg.html
First, you had me at "pop tarts". Second, you're far from a nobody, as I've seen you post before and you're quite knowledgable. Third, anyone who offers unsolicited and constructive criticism in an effort to make someone else better, with solutions provided, is cool as shît in my eyes. Far too often people criticize without the ability or intent to fix an issue.
So today was supposed to be a rest day, but I used it as a day to try to work on form for DL because of what you posted. Here's a video of the same weight (only 225) but not from a deficit. I still need work, but I think I made some steps forward this morning. Oh, and expect some PMs from me, if you don't mind.

http://youtu.be/IEj90nyUqIs

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No actually week 2. I'm doing my own version between regular MD and his reactive pump.
Hey Bean.. are you doing this to increase the volume of the workouts or just to try something new?

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Hey Bean.. are you doing this to increase the volume of the workouts or just to try something new?
Well coming off a pretty high volume scheme. Phase one alone isn't enough for me. Just adding a touch of volume with the higher intensity stuff. Not too much that I'll be killing myself in phase 2. I seem to always tweak a program to my liking.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Look who made it to your log. Now lets see some ass kicking. I know you have it in you brotha

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update coming later...just wanted to stop in and say I may be hooked on eggs now lol...and its all your guys fault

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Look who made it to your log. Now lets see some ass kicking. I know you have it in you brotha
Alright man! Things are gonna get gritty or I am gonna look pretty!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What you talking about Kleen, you always look pretty!
Awwww thanks Sugah!
I for one don't think they make a dress wide enough for this guy's back......might have to go strapless :)
Gracias but I think I found one, may have to borrow it from Precious though...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You're wearing a fable cloth?
I just went to look up fable cloth and then realized that was a typo for table cloth...

Who knows maybe a miniskirt and a halter top!

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
I just went to look up fable cloth and then realized that was a typo for table cloth... Who knows maybe a miniskirt and a halter top!
Siri needs to learn how to spell!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So trying a diet similar in design to The Carb Back Loading diet right now it is called The Biorythm Diet very similar to CBL excet you can get in <30 grams carbs during early meals and then the bulk of your carbs in the late afternoon / evening. However unlike the regular CBL diet this one recommends you keep fats low during the carb feeding portion. It also recommends the carbs you have early are fruit so they do not end up in the muscle but instead fill the livers glycogen stores. I will give this a few weeks at around 2600 calories 70-75g fats, 290 protein, and 195 g carbs.

Right now I am sitting a little higher than I planned on fats so my carbs will be a tiny bit lower tonight but it is a lot of carbs anyway getting in 140g in one meal. I may end up lowering fats more and increasing carbs higher to see if this will help speed up my metabolism more. We shall see. Either way I pan to be getting my lean on so if this doesn't seem to be doing the trick expect me to switch it up.

If anyone is curious I have the info for it and will post the link here.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
So trying a diet similar in design to The Carb Back Loading diet right now it is called The Biorythm Diet very similar to CBL excet you can get in <30 grams carbs during early meals and then the bulk of your carbs in the late afternoon / evening. However unlike the regular CBL diet this one recommends you keep fats low during the carb feeding portion. It also recommends the carbs you have early are fruit so they do not end up in the muscle but instead fill the livers glycogen stores. I will give this a few weeks at around 2600 calories 70-75g fats, 290 protein, and 195 g carbs. Right now I am sitting a little higher than I planned on fats so my carbs will be a tiny bit lower tonight but it is a lot of carbs anyway getting in 140g in one meal. I may end up lowering fats more and increasing carbs higher to see if this will help speed up my metabolism more. We shall see. Either way I pan to be getting my lean on so if this doesn't seem to be doing the trick expect me to switch it up. If anyone is curious I have the info for it and will post the link here.
Post it up. I'm not very versed in carb backloading or anything of the like, the more reading the better

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bro day today. Only had about 30 mins to get everything done so I made quick work of it. Pump today was absolutely nuts. Wasn't as vascular as most arm days but the fullness was ridiculous. Bi's are already sore and my core is sore as fuk I'm assuming from yesterday's back and cardio session.

30 SEC rest
Cross body hammer curls- 4/4/2 alternating arms

25-10
25-10
35-10
30-10
35-8

HS preacher curl- 30 sec rest weight not including machine
55-12
65-8
55-8

3 second descent EZ bar curls-weight not including bar. my negatives definitely weren't 3 seconds for all of these. There at the end I was lucky if the weight wasn't just falling but I heard it for as long as I could.

70-6
70-4
50-6

V handle over head tri ext-30 sec rest
4x12
42.5-15
50-12
50-10
50-7

NG pull ups BW-30 second rest pause and hold at the top slow on the way down

HS dips-30 sec rest
180-20
180-12
150-12

Rope push down-30 sec rest. Pressing out in front more than down. Hold and squeeze at full ext.
40-12/10/7

Macros for today are 2250 285p/110c/75f

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Okay here is the link to the article about the diet, it will not specifically tell you your macros but you will find that you can indeed eat more carbs on this diet than usual without gaining fat and actually lean up quite a bit. This is the entire article minus the references. However there is also some discussion on the forum regarding this as well.

Quoted from the link below
http://www.reactivetrainingsystems.com/vforums/content.php?108-The-Biorhythm-Diet

"Borge A. ***erli - The Biorhythm Diet + Advanced Concept Diet 2.0

The Biorhythm Diet

by Borge ***erli

More muscle and less fat by doing the complete opposite
If you look at a typical Western meal pattern, it’s carb-loaded cereals and breads as the first meals of the day, while later meals for supper are calorie-dense fat-heavy meals. This is also prevalent in fitness and bodybuilding culture, we eat carbs early in the day to fuel up for our workouts, then drop carbs and add fats for our later meals. Recent research has shown that not only light and dark cycles regulate our circadian and biological clock – it is also controlled by nutrients. I’m going to show you how the typical Western eating pattern can actually be one of the factors which predispose us to obesity, and that you should, in fact, do the complete opposite!

My interest in the topic came about when I looked into research showing that eating carbs at night would inhibit fat loss on a deficit or increase fat gains on a surplus – it was not only a myth, it was flat out wrong!
The source of this misunderstanding which permeates both the nutrition literature and the fitness community probably originates from a study conducted in 1997 (1). Here, they compared two groups of women on a moderate diet with exercise, where one group had 70% of the carbs early in the day (AM) while the other group had 70% of the carbs later in the day (PM). After 6 weeks they decided to change groups. The result was that the AM group, dropped the most in WEIGHT - and it seems as if most people stopped reading at this point – because if you just keep reading you can see that this greater weight loss was comprised of 30% muscle! In the PM group weight loss was almost as high BUT the muscle loss was only 7%! So comparing numbers, FAT loss was a lot higher in the PM group eating the majority of carbs at night, even though total loss of weight was higher in the AM group.
A study just adds more sugary sweetness (pun intended) to the evening-carb recommendation (2). The scientists looked at a range of health parameters in 78 Israeli police officers over 6 months, divided into a group eating the majority of carbs at 0800hrs vs. a group eating the majority of carbs at 2000hrs (8pm) Despite the weaknesses of the study (method of fat% measurement is not stated, lack of control of exercise and caloric intake) there was a clear trend: the group who ate carbohydrates at 2000hrs experienced greater fat loss, less hunger, had higher leptin levels (hormone regulating metabolism), better insulin sensitivity (how efficiently the cells take up nutrients from a given insulin level), improved blood glucose control and lower inflammatory markers (inflammation shows a high level of correlation to obesity).

Quoting from the study: “Adiponectin is considered to be “the link between obesity, insulin resistance, and the metabolic syndrome”. Adiponectin plays a role in energy regulation as well as in lipid and carbohydrate metabolism, reducing serum glucose and lipids, improving insulin sensitivity and having an anti-inflammatory effect. Adiponectin’s diurnal secretion pattern has been described in obese individuals (particularly with abdominal obesity), as low throughout the day.”

So high adiponectin is a good thing. Chronically high insulin causes chronically low adiponectin, and this is a problem as it increases insulin resistance and inflammation. By omitting carbs during the earlier part of the day, the researcher's hypothesized that adiponectin would increase and improve health markers.
Indeed: “The experimental diet modified daily leptin and adiponectin concentrations compared to those observed at baseline and to a control diet. A simple dietary manipulation of carbohydrate distribution appears to have additional benefits when compared to a conventional weight loss diet in individuals suffering from obesity.”
Fueling workouts

But isn’t it a bad idea to skimp on the carbs when we are gearing up for a high-volume, high-intensity workouts? No, not necessarily, and if you ate plenty of carbs the day before, muscle glycogen stores will be maintained. Let’s look at some interesting research showing that it might be a better idea to hold off on the carbs until after your workout if you want to maximize nutrient partitioning – i.e. selectively push calories into muscle instead of fat cells.

A study by a group of Belgian scientists looked at two conditions, where subjects trained 2 sessions of 60 minutes and 2 sessions of 90 minutes per week, ranging from 70-75% of VO2Max cycling to 85% VO2Max of running. One group was fed a carb-rich breakfast of 675kcals, composed of 70% carbs, 15% protein and 15% fat, 90 minutes pre-exercise in addition to 1g of maltodextrin pr kg bodyweight per hour of exercise. The other group received the same meal as the first group, but AFTER exercise. The rest of the overall diet was the same for both groups, and provided a 30% nutrient excess, which essentially means they were “bulking”. The results were quite interesting, and I’ll skip to the most interesting part, even though it is worth mentioning that the fasted group had better improvements in insulin sensitivity, fat oxidation, and metabolic enzymes. The fasted group gained only 0.7kg of weight, mostly attributable to increased muscle glycogen. This was also shown in a previous study (4) where the fasted training group increased muscle glycogen stores by 55% vs the fed-groups abysmal 2.5%. The fed group gained 1.4kg, despite doing the same amount of activity/training and ingesting the same caloric surplus. Taken together, this indicates that having a low glucose status going into the workout should preferentially increase glucose uptake into muscle when you refeed carbs post-workout. I’m not necessarily suggesting you should drop carbs to zero, I’m just saying you should go easy on them and save up for later, and until we have resistance exercise studies showing the same trend, let’s not get too biased since these were some quite intensive endurance training protocols.

Still, I’d give a short mention to a study showing that fasted training improved post-workout growth signaling and genes compared to the fed group. The workouts were fairly basic whole-body sessions: 3 x 8 in seven movements such as bench press, overhead press, curls and leg press.
The fasted session (F) was performed on an empty stomach after an overnight fast.
The fed session (B) was performed 90 minutes after a breakfast of 722 kcal composed of 85% carbs, 11% protein and 4% fat.

Results revealed that the F session had twice as high levels of p70s6k in comparison to the B when measured 1hr post-workout. Other myogenic transcription factors were also higher at this point, though not quite as pronounced as p70s6k. At the four-hour mark, the differences between the two groups had evened out. From the study: "Our results indicate that prior fasting may stimulate the intramyocellular anabolic response to ingestion of a carbohydrate/protein/leucine mixture following a heavy resistance training session. "
What are the practical implications? Increased levels of p70s6k may lead to a faster transport of amino acids into the muscle cell membranes, which should lead to a more rapid and potent anabolic response to post-workout nutrient ingestion. Since previous studies have shown a better growth response when whole protein is ingested 1hr pre-workout (to allow for digestion) or BCAA/EAA is ingested immediately pre-workout, it seems that the increased anabolic activity seen post-workout is a compensatory response to the increased catabolism that occurs during fasted state training. Being a short-term study, we don’t really know whether there would be a net difference in muscle growth at the end of the day, though. Training on an empty stomach will cause greater catabolism in the short run, but will it yield greater gains in the long run? Do we make a small sacrifice in order to receive a greater reward a month or a year from now?

I think we can slightly modify the solution to at least include some protein and fat meals pre-workout, and instead of a highly insulinogenic pre-workout meal of a whopping 153 g of high GI carbs, why not go with something more reasonable. It only takes 5-10g of glucose to get blood glucose into a range where performance should be improved, and if you combine it with some fructose (fruits, anyone?) you will also keep liver glycogen topped off (liver glycogen status is also important in anabolic signaling). My theory is that as long as you keep carbs equal to or slightly lower than protein, you should be fine. I will say that keeping carbs minimal does seem to give better mental clarity and wakefulness after a short adaption period, but this is highly individual.

Refueling workouts and growing slabs of muscle
So how about post-workout - shouldn’t we chug 200 grams of waxy maize as soon as the last rep is done, to refill glycogen stores as quickly as possible and get hyooge? No, not necessarily. If you have more than 8 hours until the next training bout, speed is irrelevant to total carbs ingested. Also, I’m going to argue that slightly delaying complete glycogen (super)compensation will maintain a higher insulin sensitivity, i.e. insulin can do its job at shuttling nutrients into the muscle more efficiently if it’s not completely full. Insulin is really more of an anti-catabolic and permissive hormone for muscle growth, it’s the amino acids (leucine in particular) which are key to stimulating protein synthesis. In fact, it only takes 15-30mU/L of insulin to maximize net protein balance, and this is easily achieved from a dose of only 40g of whey protein, not even requiring carbs.
Noted scientists Kevin D. Tipton specializing in amino acid and protein research has mentioned in a paper I just can’t seem to dig up right now, that a cell-full phenomena which would happen if you supercompensated glycogen stores decreases amino acid uptake and increases oxidation (it is burned off as energy instead of used for growth). Hence, keeping a slight nutrient deficit by prioritizing protein intake and saving up carbs for later seems like an even more interesting thought, doesn’t it?

A rule of thumb I got from Lyle McDonald says that for every 2 sets of 10 reps of a compound lift, you require 5 grams of carbs – so a typical high volume workout shouldn’t require more than 40-60g of carbs. I’d also note that some signals upregulated by the shift in AMP/ATP ratio and nutrient depletion in the cell – AMPK in particular – directly inhibits protein synthesis. The best way to drop AMPK levels seems to be arbs, so my practical recommendation for the post-workout meal(s) would be in the 30-50g range, up to 60-80g if you had a really long and grueling workout. I mostly let hunger be my guide here, your body is remarkably good at telling you what it needs, so listen to it.

The final key – eating according to your biological clock
Finally – let’s look at the newest research into circadian rhythms, and I came across this gem (6) that not only confirms my bias for having more carbs in the evening, but also shows us when we should enjoy our healthy fats.
I’m usually wary of drawing conclusions from studies in rodents as they have some slight, but important differences in metabolism – one worth mentioning is de novo lipogenesis (DNL) where rats and mice can turn carbs into fats quite easily, while this pathway is very limited in humans and under normal conditions not even something to be concerned about. But I digress. The scientists made it clear that based on previous research, the study results are highly relevant for human eating patterns, and as I kept looking into related research I got this notion confirmed over and over again. I’ll start off with some relevant quotes from the study, then add my observations and practical recommendations at the end as a conclusion to this article (which is too wordy already).

Quote:
“Consumption of a high carbohydrate diet during the beginning of the active phase [the beginning of the day] impairs metabolic plasticity. Furthermore, consumption of a calorically dense, high fat diet at the end of the active phase [in the evening] leads to accelerated weight gain, increased adiposity, glucose intolerance, hyperinsulinemia, hypertriglyceridemia, and hyperleptinemia (i.e., the cardiometabolic syndrome). The latter is independent of daily total or fat-derived calories. As such, the time-of-day at which high fat diets are consumed profoundly influences multiple cardiometabolic syndrome parameters.
The present study reports that feeding mice a high fat diet throughout the waking phase does not significantly influence body weight, adiposity or glucose tolerance. This is despite increased daily fat consumption. The lack of weight gain appears to be due to a compensatory increase in energy expenditure and/or a balancing of total caloric intake.

Conclusions: The implications of the present research are important for human dietary recommendations. Humans seldom eat a uniform diet throughout the day, thus requiring the ability to respond to alterations in diet quality. Currently, a typical human diet consists of a high carbohydrate morning meal followed by higher fat and/or more calorie-dense meals later in the day.
Consumption of a high fat waking meal is associated with increased ability to respond appropriately to carbohydrate meals ingested later in the waking period, while a high carbohydrate morning meal appears to “fix” metabolism toward carbohydrate utilization and impair the ability to adjust metabolism toward fat utilization later in the waking period.”

My observations, in a bullet-point format, also drawing upon other related studies – forming my basic recommendations for the BioRhythm Diet:
-- By ingesting high-fat meals in the evening, you induce "metabolic inflexibility" – effectively disrupting metabolic rate and increasing fat storage, risk of obesity, elevated insulin levels and a reduction in insulin sensitivity.

-- By ingesting high-fat meals in the morning and afternoon, you increase metabolic flexibility – setting the metabolism for higher fat oxidation throughout the day. As LPL enzyme (splits up circulating fatty acids and makes them available for storage) is higher in muscle in the AM, fats are more likely to be burned off as energy or stored as lipid droplets within the muscle (IMTG).

-- By ingesting high-carb meals in the morning, the same “metabolic inflexibility” occurred, and the metabolism is fixed towards glucose oxidation instead of fat oxidation. This also increases fat storage from meals eaten during the day, and higher-fat meals eaten in the evening in particular.
-- By ingesting high-carb meals in the evening, you get a bump in the natural leptin signal (occurring 3-6hrs after going to sleep), essentially increasing fat burning through the night and the rest of the following day.

-- Insulin sensitivity is higher in all cells early in the day, including fat cells, but decreases towards the afternoon and evening, thus partitioning carbs ingested at this time more efficiently into muscle vs. fat. This is obviously further improved by training the muscle that day.

-- Eating carbs will increase the feel-good neurotransmitter serotonin and make you sleepy. What better time to have your carbs than a couple of hours before bedtime so you can fall into a deeper, higher-quality sleep?

-- Results with a steadily growing client base where I experimented with this eating pattern sold me completely on this concept. I mean, we can throw around theories and be glamoured by promising studies all day, but if it doesn’t work in the real world, it’s a moot point. It became apparent from progress reports that clients at the same, or sometimes even higher calories, were losing more fat and experienced better gains, pumps and fullness in the gym. They had more energy during the day, better recovery and slept better during the night.

-- My personal diet experiment ending a few days ago got me into my best condition ever, implementing this eating pattern for the last 10 weeks. I did less cardio than ever before (2 days of 30 minutes), stuffed myself with carbs every evening, slept well, did not suffer from hunger pangs during the day, and could function vastly better socially, mentally and physically.

What 9 weeks of the BioRhythm Diet can do. It’s not a cure for ugly, though.

Some practical guidelines:
-- Eat 10-30g of fats per meal for the first part of the day, keeping carbohydrate intake low, a range of 5-30g per meal (lower than protein), primarily fruits, berries and vegetables. Think whole eggs, cheese, grass-fed beef, fatty fish, nuts and various oils.

-- The omega-3 fatty acids DHA, EPA and DPA have positive effects when they are stored in fat cells, they basically tell the cell to store less and mobilize more fats, so I can still argue for placing some of them in later meals.

-- Immediately pre-workout, have 10g of BCAAs or 20g of EAAs with 5-20g of carbs (experiment) to fuel your workout. If your workout is particularly long and hard, sip on a dilute carb drink providing an isotonic 30g of carbs per 16oz of fluid per 30-60mins.

-- Post-workout, a combination of a slow and fast protein source such as whey and casein is better than a fast protein source only, but some BCAA and whey immediately post-workout followed by a meal within an hour is a great option. You don’t need to rush carb intake at this point, and I suggest you limit intake to 30-50g per meal – but allow more carbs for really long-duration and glycolytic training. In a fat loss phase, you may actually forego carbs altogether at this point, or limit intake to 10-20g.

-- Save up carbs for the last meal(s) of the day. Some will find it uncomfortable to eat a lot of food just before going to bed, so eat the biggest meal some 2-3hrs pre-bedtime with an optional protein snack with 10-30g of carbs just before hitting the sack if you’re in a bulking phase. I think a longer fast is beneficial if you’re in a fat loss phase, so skip this snack unless you’re very hungry. Fat intake should be low at these meals, so I generally stick to chicken/turkey, lean fish or some protein pudding (my favourite) where I blend a whey/casein-blend with various flavours into a huge bowl of rice with pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon etc. Put it in the freezer for (r)icecream. Rice- and buckwheat pancakes (I stay gluten-free) with various toppings is also a favourite, just limit the recipe to 1-2 eggs. Sweet potato with stevia and cinnamon. Potato wedges with barbecue sauce. I’m sure you can find your own recipes here, just think high carb, moderate protein, low fat.

So, whether you believe in low carb, high-fat diets and keto approaches, or if you’re one of those stereotype bodybuilders subsisting on chicken and rice (or fish, broccoli and rice cakes) – they are all correct…there is a time and a place for all approaches. Just at different times of the day.
Borge A. ***erli
Coach MyRevolution Team"

He has references for everything listed at the link above but they would not fit in this post.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
syndrome). The latter is independent of daily total or fat-derived calories. As such, the time-of-day at which high fat diets are consumed profoundly influences multiple cardiometabolic syndrome parameters. The present study reports that feeding mice a high fat diet throughout the waking phase does not significantly influence body weight, adiposity or glucose tolerance. This is despite increased daily fat consumption. The lack of weight gain appears to be due to a compensatory increase in energy expenditure and/or a balancing of total caloric intake. Conclusions: The implications of the present research are important for human dietary recommendations. Humans seldom eat a uniform diet throughout the day, thus requiring the ability to respond to alterations in diet quality. Currently, a typical human diet consists of a high carbohydrate morning meal followed by higher fat and/or more calorie-dense meals later in the day. Consumption of a high fat waking meal is associated with increased ability to respond appropriately to carbohydrate meals ingested later in the waking period, while a high carbohydrate morning meal appears to "fix" metabolism toward carbohydrate utilization and impair the ability to adjust metabolism toward fat utilization later in the waking period." My observations, in a bullet-point format, also drawing upon other related studies - forming my basic recommendations for the BioRhythm Diet: -- By ingesting high-fat meals in the evening, you induce "metabolic inflexibility" - effectively disrupting metabolic rate and increasing fat storage, risk of obesity, elevated insulin levels and a reduction in insulin sensitivity. -- By ingesting high-fat meals in the morning and afternoon, you increase metabolic flexibility - setting the metabolism for higher fat oxidation throughout the day. As LPL enzyme (splits up circulating fatty acids and makes them available for storage) is higher in muscle in the AM, fats are more likely to be burned off as energy or stored as lipid droplets within the muscle (IMTG). -- By ingesting high-carb meals in the morning, the same "metabolic inflexibility" occurred, and the metabolism is fixed towards glucose oxidation instead of fat oxidation. This also increases fat storage from meals eaten during the day, and higher-fat meals eaten in the evening in particular. -- By ingesting high-carb meals in the evening, you get a bump in the natural leptin signal (occurring 3-6hrs after going to sleep), essentially increasing fat burning through the night and the rest of the following day. -- Insulin sensitivity is higher in all cells early in the day, including fat cells, but decreases towards the afternoon and evening, thus partitioning carbs ingested at this time more efficiently into muscle vs. fat. This is obviously further improved by training the muscle that day. -- Eating carbs will increase the feel-good neurotransmitter serotonin and make you sleepy. What better time to have your carbs than a couple of hours before bedtime so you can fall into a deeper, higher-quality sleep? -- Results with a steadily growing client base where I experimented with this eating pattern sold me completely on this concept. I mean, we can throw around theories and be glamoured by promising studies all day, but if it doesn't work in the real world, it's a moot point. It became apparent from progress reports that clients at the same, or sometimes even higher calories, were losing more fat and experienced better gains, pumps and fullness in the gym. They had more energy during the day, better recovery and slept better during the night. -- My personal diet experiment ending a few days ago got me into my best condition ever, implementing this eating pattern for the last 10 weeks. I did less cardio than ever before (2 days of 30 minutes), stuffed myself with carbs every evening, slept well, did not suffer from hunger pangs during the day, and could function vastly better socially, mentally and physically. What 9 weeks of the BioRhythm Diet can do. It's not a cure for ugly, though. Some practical guidelines: -- Eat 10-30g of fats per meal for the first part of the day, keeping carbohydrate intake low, a range of 5-30g per meal (lower than protein), primarily fruits, berries and vegetables. Think whole eggs, cheese, grass-fed beef, fatty fish, nuts and various oils. -- The omega-3 fatty acids DHA, EPA and DPA have positive effects when they are stored in fat cells, they basically tell the cell to store less and mobilize more fats, so I can still argue for placing some of them in later meals. -- Immediately pre-workout, have 10g of BCAAs or 20g of EAAs with 5-20g of carbs (experiment) to fuel your workout. If your workout is particularly long and hard, sip on a dilute carb drink providing an isotonic 30g of carbs per 16oz of fluid per 30-60mins. -- Post-workout, a combination of a slow and fast protein source such as whey and casein is better than a fast protein source only, but some BCAA and whey immediately post-workout followed by a meal within an hour is a great option. You don't need to rush carb intake at this point, and I suggest you limit intake to 30-50g per meal - but allow more carbs for really long-duration and glycolytic training. In a fat loss phase, you may actually forego carbs altogether at this point, or limit intake to 10-20g. -- Save up carbs for the last meal(s) of the day. Some will find it uncomfortable to eat a lot of food just before going to bed, so eat the biggest meal some 2-3hrs pre-bedtime with an optional protein snack with 10-30g of carbs just before hitting the sack if you're in a bulking phase. I think a longer fast is beneficial if you're in a fat loss phase, so skip this snack unless you're very hungry. Fat intake should be low at these meals, so I generally stick to chicken/turkey, lean fish or some protein pudding (my favourite) where I blend a whey/casein-blend with various flavours into a huge bowl of rice with pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon etc. Put it in the freezer for (r)icecream. Rice- and buckwheat pancakes (I stay gluten-free) with various toppings is also a favourite, just limit the recipe to 1-2 eggs. Sweet potato with stevia and cinnamon. Potato wedges with barbecue sauce. I'm sure you can find your own recipes here, just think high carb, moderate protein, low fat. So, whether you believe in low carb, high-fat diets and keto approaches, or if you're one of those stereotype bodybuilders subsisting on chicken and rice (or fish, broccoli and rice cakes) - they are all correct...there is a time and a place for all approaches. Just at different times of the day. Borge A. ***erli Coach MyRevolution Team" He has references for everything listed at the link above but they would not fit in this post.[/QUOTE]i Thanks Kleen! Briefly skimmed through. Sounds similar what meadows and B Pak talk about as far as the body burns more fat throughout the day and handles carbs better when fats are consumed first and carbs later.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
For some reason it's saying that link is bad?

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
DannyB nice lookin' lift. Kleen, thanks a ton got some reading to do tonight :djparty:

hit up chesticles and shoulders today. smashed it. yesterday started phase 2 in my meadows program. i have the feeling the anabolics are going to be integral in actually completing this 12 week program though. holy crap it hurts!

chest 15 sets
machine flies 3x8

incline bb press 5x8,1 set at 225 hit 3 sets at 245, 1 set of 6 255

flat neutral grip db press with a 1 second pause at the bottom and a 3/4 lockout-4x8. that pause is a bioootch. only used 95's for my sets. i guess i'll take it since meadows says he only uses 80s with the pauses.

dips 3 sets to failure

shoulders 11 sets
rear db delt flies 3x35

side laterals 4x15

cage presses. 9,7,5,3 pyramid. heavy set was 135. felt like a freaking ton at the end of it. my delts and chest are freaking ROASTED!

macros, 2523 calories 70 fat 188 carbs and 300 pro. damn near perfect numbers on the day.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
For some reason it's saying that link is bad?
Yeah I got that a few times too, something is wrong with the tables on that site... However other than the references that is the entire article. He does not specify how many carbohydrates to take in nor your caloric goals. Those are pretty individual things.

I am still sifting through all of the dietary stuff on the Mountaindogdiet site so and plan to read it all by the time I am done.
What article specifically were you referring to on there?

DannyB nice lookin' lift. Kleen, thanks a ton got some reading to do tonight :djparty:

hit up chesticles and shoulders today. smashed it. yesterday started phase 2 in my meadows program. i have the feeling the anabolics are going to be integral in actually completing this 12 week program though. holy crap it hurts!

chest 15 sets
machine flies 3x8

incline bb press 5x8,1 set at 225 hit 3 sets at 245, 1 set of 6 255

flat neutral grip db press with a 1 second pause at the bottom and a 3/4 lockout-4x8. that pause is a bioootch. only used 95's for my sets. i guess i'll take it since meadows says he only uses 80s with the pauses.

dips 3 sets to failure

shoulders 11 sets
rear db delt flies 3x35

side laterals 4x15

cage presses. 9,7,5,3 pyramid. heavy set was 135. felt like a freaking ton at the end of it. my delts and chest are freaking ROASTED!

macros, 2523 calories 70 fat 188 carbs and 300 pro. damn near perfect numbers on the day.
Nice work! I am pretty excited, reading it because I am hitting chest and shoulders tomorrow.

Man our macros look very close today!!!!

My Totals 2,655 188 carbs 84 fats 292 protein 31 fiber, I went about 55 cals over but you figure 124 of those are fiber so not a problem to me.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Yeah I got that a few times too, something is wrong with the tables on that site... However other than the references that is the entire article. He does not specify how many carbohydrates to take in nor your caloric goals. Those are pretty individual things. I am still sifting through all of the dietary stuff on the Mountaindogdiet site so and plan to read it all by the time I am done. What article specifically were you referring to on there? Nice work! I am pretty excited, reading it because I am hitting chest and shoulders tomorrow. Man our macros look very close today!!!! My Totals 2,655 188 carbs 84 fats 292 protein 31 fiber, I went about 55 cals over but you figure 124 of those are fiber so not a problem to me.
Damn I know I nailed the diet when my macros look like years. -happy dance- I hit half the fiber. I too was slightly over but I think it was like 23 calories. Today felt great with the food though. Looking forward to cooking up a backstrap tomorrow night. Been marinating for a day now :-D

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
DannyB nice lookin' lift. Kleen, thanks a ton got some reading to do tonight :djparty: hit up chesticles and shoulders today. smashed it. yesterday started phase 2 in my meadows program. i have the feeling the anabolics are going to be integral in actually completing this 12 week program though. holy crap it hurts! chest 15 sets machine flies 3x8 incline bb press 5x8,1 set at 225 hit 3 sets at 245, 1 set of 6 255 flat neutral grip db press with a 1 second pause at the bottom and a 3/4 lockout-4x8. that pause is a bioootch. only used 95's for my sets. i guess i'll take it since meadows says he only uses 80s with the pauses. dips 3 sets to failure shoulders 11 sets rear db delt flies 3x35 side laterals 4x15 cage presses. 9,7,5,3 pyramid. heavy set was 135. felt like a freaking ton at the end of it. my delts and chest are freaking ROASTED! macros, 2523 calories 70 fat 188 carbs and 300 pro. damn near perfect numbers on the day.
Nice work all around SB. Gotta love days like these :)
Cage presses are my new favorite I'll be adding those in in 2 weeks

Yeah I got that a few times too, something is wrong with the tables on that site... However other than the references that is the entire article. He does not specify how many carbohydrates to take in nor your caloric goals. Those are pretty individual things. I am still sifting through all of the dietary stuff on the Mountaindogdiet site so and plan to read it all by the time I am done. What article specifically were you referring to on there? Nice work! I am pretty excited, reading it because I am hitting chest and shoulders tomorrow. Man our macros look very close today!!!! My Totals 2,655 188 carbs 84 fats 292 protein 31 fiber, I went about 55 cals over but you figure 124 of those are fiber so not a problem to me.
Not really sure where or what article tbh. But he mentioned it a few times, might have been in a few diff articles. Sorry bud. I'm playing with the idea myself obviously I'm having carbs around training which for me is am but off days I'm fat and protein only for first 2-3 meals.

Damn I know I nailed the diet when my macros look like years. -happy dance- I hit half the fiber. I too was slightly over but I think it was like 23 calories. Today felt great with the food though. Looking forward to cooking up a backstrap tomorrow night. Been marinating for a day now :-D
You and your deer meat :-(

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Well I had a tad of a slip in diet today. Nothing drastic at all but def not perfect and perfect is what I strive for.

For dinner the wife has been begging me for wings so we went. I had it all figured out 6 wings and a salad and I'd hit my macros and cals. Well my wings were way to hot for me so I ate my wife's which had a bit more fat per wing (sauce). So I went over around 25 extra grams of fat. Oh well tomorrow is a new day right? Carbs still came in 105g pro was 320 and fats were 150 :-/

I would like to share something with my bros that has been a struggle as of late and actually had me in a bad funk the last 6 weeks.

The wife is fukcing 8.5 weeks pregnant!!!!' Finally. Three and a half years of trying two different fertity treatments and boom first round of IVF and it worked :)))))

Okay enough derailing just wanted to share

Carry on

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well I had a tad of a slip in diet today. Nothing drastic at all but def not perfect and perfect is what I strive for.

For dinner the wife has been begging me for wings so we went. I had it all figured out 6 wings and a salad and I'd hit my macros and cals. Well my wings were way to hot for me so I ate my wife's which had a bit more fat per wing (sauce). So I went over around 25 extra grams of fat. Oh well tomorrow is a new day right? Carbs still came in 105g pro was 320 and fats were 150 :-/

I would like to share something with my bros that has been a struggle as of late and actually had me in a bad funk the last 6 weeks.

The wife is fukcing 8.5 weeks pregnant!!!!' Finally. Three and a half years of trying two different fertity treatments and boom first round of IVF and it worked :)))))

Carry on
Holy sh1t brother huge congrats my man!

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Finally bro. So happy for you

Alright guys I've been slacking but I'm still fitting in workouts but working 12-14 hour days with hardly any time off. Day 19 I think with msten. Diets been here and there. I'll try and do better I promise. I finally have myfitnesspal but just haven't had time to track anything

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Finally bro. So happy for you Alright guys I've been slacking but I'm still fitting in workouts but working 12-14 hour days with hardly any time off. Day 19 I think with msten. Diets been here and there. I'll try and do better I promise. I finally have myfitnesspal but just haven't had time to track anything
Thank you bud!

Keep at it homie. Those hours suck. When I was working similar hours I didn't even think about the gym so good job fitting them in.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Tomorrow is a scheduled off day BUT to make things work with my week I'll do back and calves HIIT tomorrow and take thurs off.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

Carry on
Congrats man! Great news, and it seems like you both really want a kid. I think it is such a more meaningful thing when it is between two people who want it, and expect it. Best of luck with the pregnancy, and keep us updated!

I on the other hand, am still frightened to death of the thought of kids...lol Wife has wanted one for a few years now, but I dunno, I really like my life right now..heh