Finally broke 3 plates a side on deadlifts

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Last time I got 315 up, I only managed 3 reps, and I was at around 240 in a bulking phase, and ate a decently big breakfast before working out. Today i'm at 210, and managed a set of 6 then set of 4 with 315 on a fasted first thing in the morning workout.

Just wanted to share :)

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good bro. Kick ass. Last time I was doing 315, was in october, and I was about 225. Im siiting at like 250, and Im sure that I could lift more. Havnt really been to a gym in a few months. Workout at home with what I got. When I do get to a gym though, ITS OVER!!!

deadaim

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Do you have a very bodybuilding style workout routine? My buddy is your height but only like 190 and reps 315 pretty hard, I was hoping I would do by 190...

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Good job man, don't stop there though.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you have a very bodybuilding style workout routine? My buddy is your height but only like 190 and reps 315 pretty hard, I was hoping I would do by 190...
Yeah, mine is definitely normally a higher rep range more for size than strength routine. Plus I have some back arthritis issues, which has made overall strength gains there slower.

deadaim

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hmm well Id rather look like I can rep 405 than be able to rep 315 and not look it ;)

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
Congrats bro! Keep it up!

I'm coming back from a surgery myself, and working to ramp up my deadlift. I'm sitting about 50 lbs. from where I was pre-surgery. Keep up the hard work!

DH

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
The deadlift used to be one of my strongest lifts. I weight about 210 and hit 405 about 3 years ago... I hurt my back being stupid at work and it's haunted me. Nothing that surgery could fix (more risk then rewards) and I have slowly been nursing my lower back to the strength it was at. I am hitting 265 right now, and proud of it even though I am 250. So what? For me it's a gradual process and as long as you know your numbers are going up then you have something to smile about and more work to look forward to. Progression my friend... Keep tearin it up!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
honestly out of the close to 4 years i've been working out, i've really only been deadlifting maybe the last 4-5 months. I'm pretty sure i'll see the 4 plates a side by end of summer :)

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah was strictly bodybuilding type at then. Yeah it was 315 for 3 sets of ten. The last set, im not even going to lie. We were doing it in a rack and after I dropped it on the last set I almost fell over , I grabbed the post and held my self up, got reall dizzy and saw stars. My best workout to date.LOL>