Fighting my genetics with T3!(myths destroyed)

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
I feel your pain on bench I have never been able to bench 300 off cycle........ Someday though, someday.

UPDATE:

Feeling great after meals still.As if I'm using the energy rather than going to sleep haha.This will deff be an addon to my next cycles.
I also hit a PR today.(nothing much to do with t3 mind you) 295 on bench.Damn these long arms!I want 300 :( so close

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good to hear Pyro ;)

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Coming off of t3 today.I got blood work coming in about a month(before my next cycle)My thyroid was normal last blood work which was june after my last cycle.

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
Coming off of t3 today.I got blood work coming in about a month(before my next cycle)My thyroid was normal last blood work which was june after my last cycle.
That's good, so u know the T3 isn't negatively affecting it.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's good, so u know the T3 isn't negatively affecting it.
Was impressed with my blood work last pct using ostra rx in pct so I figure I would make sure on this aswell

daniel11

daniel11

Awards
  • Established
Was impressed with my blood work last pct using ostra rx in pct so I figure I would make sure on this aswell
How long where you on T3 this time?
Is Ostra RX something you recommend taking after being on low dose T3? Or was that in reference to PH/DS cycle?

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
How long where you on T3 this time?
Is Ostra RX something you recommend taking after being on low dose T3? Or was that in reference to PH/DS cycle?
Ph CYcle and my pre cycle test levels were 900 some and after pct with ostra allmost 800. That's some amazing recovery while using an Anabolic

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What all did you have tested in regards to checking thyroid levels?

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It was a full hormone pannel. Including thyroid function
I was just curious, because generally, it's just TSH that's checked (which is a good indicator for something like this, but fails to look at some other important information that is definitely needed in cases when the thyroid is being specifically checked out).

I'd be curious to see what total and free T4 and T3 are, along with the TSH.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was just curious, because generally, it's just TSH that's checked (which is a good indicator for something like this, but fails to look at some other important information that is definitely needed in cases when the thyroid is being specifically checked out).

I'd be curious to see what total and free T4 and T3 are, along with the TSH.
I have a medical condition that will kill me eventually so yay free extensive blood work!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a medical condition that will kill me eventually so yay free extensive blood work!
Yikes, sorry to hear that, bud. Mine hopefully won't kill me; just made me fat lol. But yeah, I got TONS of blood work done, so I feel you on that.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
MWB: Is hypothyroidism that complicated whereby adding T3 wont correct / put you in normal levels?

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
MWB: Is hypothyroidism that complicated whereby adding T3 wont correct / put you in normal levels?
Hyopthyroidism means under active or shut down thyroid it is treated with t3 and sometimes t4 and will have to be treated for the rest of his/her life but the body has a funny way of reading hormones. Our hormones fluctuate so the body will adjust to one dosage if on it for so long just like trt . Patients will have to have readjustments every so often.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
General hypothyroidism isn't that difficult to correct. The hardest part is pin-pointing what caused or is causing the issue, because generally, it's something else that's causing it and thus, the more important issue to correct.

In my case, it's Hashimoto's (which 90% of the hypothyroidism cases are here in the US). For whatever reason, with that knowledge, doctors are still oblivious and fail to check antibodies. The GP never checked mine, the first endo I went to didn't (even though I requested them and he said he would; they were never on my labs). And finally, in November, I got the confirmation of this...nearly a year later.

But with Hashimoto's, you have to try to figure out why your body is attacking its own thyroid (I have a thread on Hashimoto's on here with some posts that explain it a little more in depth). The treatment is still the same -- exogenous thyroid medication -- but it doesn't address the fact of the high antibody levels, which some doctors claim means even though thyroid numbers (TSH, T3, FT4) look fine, it doesn't make a difference.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks buddy

You lost me here......

But with Hashimoto's The treatment is still the same -- exogenous thyroid medication -- but it doesn't address the fact of the high antibody levels, which some doctors claim means even though thyroid numbers (TSH, T3, FT4) look fine, it doesn't make a difference.
SO regardless, T3 would help both conditions right? If so, what's the problem? Forgive me, I am trying to learn somethign here b/c my sister is hypo and although on T3 for 20 years, she gets heavier every freaking year! HEr Endo is well-respected too WTH

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks buddy

You lost me here......

SO regardless, T3 would help both conditions right? If so, what's the problem? Forgive me, I am trying to learn somethign here b/c my sister is hypo and although on T3 for 20 years, she gets heavier every freaking year! HEr Endo is well-respected too WTH
Hashimoto's, in particular, isn't very well understood or agreed upon in the medical community. The more you dig, the more you'll find a lot of differing opinions. Most of the success seems to come from doctors who approach from an alternative method (a lot seem to be chiropractors, oddly enough). You'll see a lot of articles actually address that Hashimoto's isn't well understood or treated.

Basically, if the thyroid antibodies are high (which signifies that the body is still attacking its own thyroid), then the condition doesn't improve. Lab numbers may improve, but symptoms and how one feels do not. That's where one of the biggest discrepancies lies; doctors look at labs and then wash their hands of patients because let's face it, blood work doesn't lie, right? Well half of the problem is they never test as much as they need to (I swear, the use of just TSH drives me nuts and is incredibly ignorant). But ultimately, it's doctors choosing to treat with medication instead of correcting the actual problem. If you reference the Hashimoto's thread, I put up a screen cap of a number of different causes for the autoimmune trigger. Pin-pointing which of those things is the problem and then correcting it, can essentially reset the whole problem and remove any need for taking thyroid hormone.

Does your sister have Hashimoto's? And if not, has she at least had TPO-Ab and Tg-Ab both tested to confirm that? Like I said, it changes the whole approach. Again, that's something most doctors seem to overlook. Hypothyroidism can result from a LOT of things and they all need to be approached differently.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ahhhh very well-explained. Thanks!

Not sure what sis has; they simply told her she was hypo and to take T3 lol

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ahhhh very well-explained. Thanks!

Not sure what sis has; they simply told her she was hypo and to take T3 lol
Sounds like just about every doctor, with the lack of explanation. If you're close with her, ask her if she has Hashimoto's or if she's ever had the two antibodies checked that I listed. If she hasn't, have her request them, as it can make the issue completely different.

Also, doctors are usually VERY hesitant to prescribe T3, as T4 is what your body produces and has the most of (converting a small portion to T3).

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just did ;)

thanks!

rambofireball

rambofireball

Awards
  • Established
So Pyro, you were on 25-30mcgs of T3 for about 20 days, do you feel this was a sufficient dose and length of 'cycle'? Neg's? Positives? If nothing else this thread has served as a hot bed of information and outing of half-truths and fallacies on the subject, which has been great, but I would appreciate a closing statement summing up your experience and maybe future endeavors.

Much thanks.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
So Pyro, you were on 25-30mcgs of T3 for about 20 days, do you feel this was a sufficient dose and length of 'cycle'? Neg's? Positives? If nothing else this thread has served as a hot bed of information and outing of half-truths and fallacies on the subject, which has been great, but I would appreciate a closing statement summing up your experience and maybe future endeavors.

Much thanks.
Was gonna this weekend cause of the merger at work. So busy. Clawing my way to a new spot in the new company. More studys to be linked this weekend aswell.

Johnnyboy004

Johnnyboy004

Awards
A calorie negative slows thyroid function down. As long as you are responsable I dont see why it would hurt. It will cirtanly rid you of the need of a refeed or cheat day to normalize t3
This is interesting.

Have you had any problems w sleep? I have enough problems trying to sleep. Would consider but that's why I have no interest in clen. Heard lots of bros say clen makes it hard for them to sleep.

rambofireball

rambofireball

Awards
  • Established
Was gonna this weekend cause of the merger at work. So busy. Clawing my way to a new spot in the new company. More studys to be linked this weekend aswell.
No worries man, good luck with the money-makin'!

seanxallxday

Awards
Question. I have moderate hypothyroidism and i am prescribed .137 mgs of t4. Could i implement a low dose t3? Or would that be stupid? Cant ask my endo because she is way too strict.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is interesting.

Have you had any problems w sleep? I have enough problems trying to sleep. Would consider but that's why I have no interest in clen. Heard lots of bros say clen makes it hard for them to sleep.
These bro's are correct to the stim sensitive but to the average coffee drinker it shouldn't. Just take a sleep aid product if need be. Gaba has benzo like effects if you dose it accordingly . Not too high or your have a gabaover. Hangover induced by too much gaba. Trazodone is easy to obtain from a doc aswell dose not mess with muscle building either. Then you have ketofien which can also be used as a sleep aid and a beta upregulator. T3 has not changed my sleep. I am starting to not like clen due to rebound on short cycles. Next cut will just be diet t3 and a winny clone.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
No worries man, good luck with the money-makin'!
Thanks! To answer your question real quick yes 20 days is enough cause t3 kicks in the first or second day. I got the info I needed from trying it but would like to discuss my future endeavours when I get the blood work back.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Question. I have moderate hypothyroidism and i am prescribed .137 mgs of t4. Could i implement a low dose t3? Or would that be stupid? Cant ask my endo because she is way too strict.
Step one: find a new doctor. Seriously. I wouldn't see someone who wouldn't work with me or at least appreciate what research I do. If he says no, I'm okay with it, but only if he has a reason that makes sense.

Adding T3 in at a low dose can help (I'm actually on 25mcg T3 and 137mcg T4, so it wouldn't be far off from yours), but I'd want to see labs and know why you want the T3. Do you have Hashimoto's? More importantly, have you confirmed it one way or the other by having TPO-Ab and Tg-Ab checked? If not, that's your first step. Then, comparing that with your TSH, FT4, TT4, FT3, rT3 would be what I'd want to know when considering the addition of T3.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Step one: find a new doctor. Seriously. I wouldn't see someone who wouldn't work with me or at least appreciate what research I do. If he says no, I'm okay with it, but only if he has a reason that makes sense.

Adding T3 in at a low dose can help (I'm actually on 25mcg T3 and 137mcg T4, so it wouldn't be far off from yours), but I'd want to see labs and know why you want the T3. Do you have Hashimoto's? More importantly, have you confirmed it one way or the other by having TPO-Ab and Tg-Ab checked? If not, that's your first step. Then, comparing that with your TSH, FT4, TT4, FT3, rT3 would be what I'd want to know when considering the addition of T3.
You and i need to team up and make an info thread for hypo hashimotos and hyperthyroidism regaurding the doseages symptoms and how to manage the doctor run around and reading bloodwork. I have a bud who has hypo I just found out and his doctor is giving him some bad info. Ill pm you later to ask some questions if you don't mind.

rambofireball

rambofireball

Awards
  • Established
You and i need to team up and make an info thread for hypo hashimotos and hyperthyroidism regaurding the doseages symptoms and how to manage the doctor run around and reading bloodwork.
2nd that.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You and i need to team up and make an info thread for hypo hashimotos and hyperthyroidism regaurding the doseages symptoms and how to manage the doctor run around and reading bloodwork. I have a bud who has hypo I just found out and his doctor is giving him some bad info. Ill pm you later to ask some questions if you don't mind.
Sounds like a plan to me.

I attempted making "The Official Hypothyroidism" thread a ways back, but it never took off too much (not to mention, I started focusing more heavily on Hashimoto's). I'm sure we can pool from the threads in existence and put together a good reference guide.

daniel11

daniel11

Awards
  • Established
I'm at about 3 1/2 weeks of T3 low dose now. I seem to crave carbs much more which is both good and bad. Good on high carb days, bad on low carb days.

oogaly_boogal

oogaly_boogal

Awards
  • Established
I'm at about 3 1/2 weeks of T3 low dose now. I seem to crave carbs much more which is both good and bad. Good on high carb days, bad on low carb days.
Hmm im thinking about throwing some t3 into my regiment. Slightly hesitant due to the 4-5 week recovery period though

daniel11

daniel11

Awards
  • Established
At low dose it shouldn't be bad at all. I personally won't go above 30mcl/day

oogaly_boogal

oogaly_boogal

Awards
  • Established
yeah was thinking of sticking at 25mcl a day for 5 weeks and then 4 weeks of ECY or clen

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeah was thinking of sticking at 25mcl a day for 5 weeks and then 4 weeks of ECY or clen
Use them together because when you stop the t3 your thyroid will be shut down temporarily.Would be a waste of a cut.Sense your using ecy or clen I'm guessing your goal is cutting cause its deff not lean mas.(clen and epehdrine are catabolic due to the low doses humans can have.They are anti catabolic in verrrrrrrry high doses.More than we can survive but the myth presist.)

EArch

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure its been asked and answered but I could not find it.

I'm on t3 for my cut cycle, I have about 12-14 days left currently I'm on 80mcg per day.

When should I start tapering down, what dose should I end at, and how do I avoid fat rebound after coming of t3? My thyroid will return to normal in a few days or so, correct? Thanks fellas.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm sure its been asked and answered but I could not find it.

I'm on t3 for my cut cycle, I have about 12-14 days left currently I'm on 80mcg per day.

When should I start tapering down, what dose should I end at, and how do I avoid fat rebound after coming of t3? My thyroid will return to normal in a few days or so, correct? Thanks fellas.
No need to taper down. You could do it every 3 days if you want though. Let me say this and let it sink in. REBOUND WEIGHT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO AVOID. Reason? Your thyroid will be shut down for a month or 2 not a few days. If you lost somewhere around 3 to 5% or so you don't have to worry about gaining it all back.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My first advice: don't play around with T3 -- so many just as effective ways to burn fat and not risk anything.
My next advice: if you're going to use T3, take in plenty of iodine, tyrosine and selenium afterward to get your thyroid the nutrients it needs.
Furthermore: run some type of OTC fat-burner for the 4 weeks following T3 in an attempt to halt rebound weight to the best of your ability.

However, all of that can be avoided by just running an EC stack, which is really effective and not nearly as dangerous.

Oh, and when you guys refer to it, it's mcg; not mcl. I don't want to see that incorrect terminology leading to someone dosing the wrong thing.

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
My first advice: don't play around with T3 -- so many just as effective ways to burn fat and not risk anything.
My next advice: if you're going to use T3, take in plenty of iodine, tyrosine and selenium afterward to get your thyroid the nutrients it needs.
Furthermore: run some type of OTC fat-burner for the 4 weeks following T3 in an attempt to halt rebound weight to the best of your ability.

However, all of that can be avoided by just running an EC stack, which is really effective and not nearly as dangerous.

Oh, and when you guys refer to it, it's mcg; not mcl. I don't want to see that incorrect terminology leading to someone dosing the wrong thing.
I love EC bro.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established

Yep. T3 should be treated with the same respect as anabolics.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Same. I like it more than clen but ec keeps me awake. Next cut ill stock up and Mega dose gaba haha!
Gaba give me a hangover fog with out the hangover.

rambofireball

rambofireball

Awards
  • Established
Thanks I was gonna say something..

EArch

Awards
  • Established
I plan to drop my t3 down to 25mcg for my final week then add in an OTC fat burner for 4 weeks to help while I recover.

oogaly_boogal

oogaly_boogal

Awards
  • Established
Use them together because when you stop the t3 your thyroid will be shut down temporarily.Would be a waste of a cut.Sense your using ecy or clen I'm guessing your goal is cutting cause its deff not lean mas.(clen and epehdrine are catabolic due to the low doses humans can have.They are anti catabolic in verrrrrrrry high doses.More than we can survive but the myth presist.)

I was under the impression that using clen the weeks after would prevent the weight rebound (granted your thyroid is in the ****ter)

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was under the impression that using clen the weeks after would prevent the weight rebound (granted your thyroid is in the ****ter)
so lets get this straight.....You want to prevent weight gain.Okay so your coming off of a cut which is a catabolic environment.Your thyroid is shut down for a month,so you switch to a drug that induces catabolisim and has weight rebound properties?What?

I say if your running t3 and scared of fat then do a god awefully large cut (3 to 5% maybe more bodyfat) coupled with clen/or ec so you loose enough weight your not going to gain it all back.Plus clen would not prevent weight gain,I do not believe it prevents fat storage.Plus your thyroid is in the dumper for a month.Lets say you go on clen or ec stack for 2 weeks as per standard.Maybe around your midsection but 2 weeks and your poff of it.BUT WAIT THERE'S SALVATION!Why not use keto with clen /ec?HUH?WHY NOT?Cause one of the side effects are weight gain.HAHAHA!Your t3 regulates your metabolism.Your going to gain fat.Most of the rebound will be minimized by tappering up your diet,not going straight to bulking.This will make you a balloon.Start increasing by 250 calories a week and you wont have a beer belly by the time is over.Chances are if you continue to loose weight during this time your loosing muscle cause your eating too little cause your afraid of a little fat.

If your affraid of a little fat you shouldn't use t3 at all ever.

mhsattack16

mhsattack16

Awards
Probably. I actually felt mine. Almost like a stimulant.I could tell when I took it.

Depends how it was stored /if your in austin texas like I am the heat is baddd.Use an oral siringe next time :)
Nothing will ever compare to last summer here in Austin

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
I only want to use while on tren since my thyroid will b negatively affected. Do u think a small dose of T3 would keep my levels normal, and then I could discontinue use in my pct?