Favorite Backpack

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
So I am getting prepped for going back to school and I would like to know what yall's favorite backpack is...

For me I need it to be able to carry my food for the day (container of about 1-1.5 lbs meat, container of veggies, container of fruits, and ice pack to keep them all cold) as well as carry my books and school stuff....

I prefer to just have one big nice backpack to do it all rather than have a backpack for the school stuff and my huge lunch box that I lug around with me all the time.

So please chime in and let me know what yall use/prefer.

I don't mind looking like I am about to be deployed with a huge survival pack and what not lol but would rather not if I can help it....

-James

n8te

n8te

Awards
  • Established
skater backpacks are the best. tons of room and the compartments are pretty big.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
skater backpacks are the best. tons of room and the compartments are pretty big.
yeah skate brand backpacks or snowboard brands...some have insulated compartments.....another good option might be north face

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
L.L. Bean backpacks with your initials were the sh*t back in the day.

liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
I use this one. Brand is Dakine, style is Duel. Look at Ogio, they are nice as well.

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
I should be able to find these at like a Sports Authority or Sun and Ski Sports yall think?

I'll go hit up the stores and check em all out

Thanks guys

-James

EustisPanther

EustisPanther

Awards
  • Established
Old School Jansport Back packs...

Or the rolling back packs lol..

liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
Or the rolling back packs lol..
These pisses me off. Majority of the time the user of these that I have came across end up walking much slower. Some times I get tripped up in them, makes me want to stomp their wheels off and let them drag that thing all day long.

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
i hate those rolling backpacks lol

They just scream poosy to me

BMCLouzee

Dear James,

Your girlfriend owns one of these rolling backpacks.

Love,

Louzee

P.S.

P.S.S

Just kidding!!!! I like my rolling back pack. It's good for pissing the people behind you ;)

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If you don't mind the military look, IMHO the best packs in the world are London Bridge Trading, I have taken them all around the world and have never had so much as a fastener failure. I used an old school jumpable medical ruck as a day/short hiking pack and found it to be excellent to civilian applications.

I've been out of the military for several years now, but I guess the current brand of packs that's in vogue is Mystery Ranch, from what I hear from some of my old comrades...

EDITED TO ADD...if you are in the military or work in a SWAT-type capacity in law enforcement, the company has a discount program. If they don't acknowledge your inquiries, PM me, I have a very good relationship with the company (not a financial relationship, I have just ordered a lot of my tactical gear from them over the years).

EustisPanther

EustisPanther

Awards
  • Established
i hate those rolling backpacks lol

They just scream poosy to me

HAHAHAHAHA... I wish you could go back to 7th grade with me and tell my mom that. I got my a** kicked on at least three occasions because I had rolly back packs lol.

Deeerdre

Deeerdre

Awards
  • Established
Camel Backs

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
you fin rule my man.

http://www.eleventhhoursupplies.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=67_101&products_id=261

This is what I am packing around Iraq. Yeah, putting a gun in there is kickass, but it also holds a laptop perfectly. Attach a few Molly pouches inside/outside and you can carry anything. I think I have about 7k CI of space on mine. I look like a mountain carrying it but damn is it a good pack. I bought dry earth with the purpose of using it back home, yank all the pouches off and it just looks like a brown pack. The rifle holster folds into the pack to draw less attention lol. I can post pics if youd like!

Mystery Ranch are a little bit better packs, but a tad spendier. Kifaru is the king, there are no better packs in existence. Eberlestocke has sexy gun holsters, which are not a gimmick at all.

BigBeazy

BigBeazy

Awards
  • Established
I have one of those skater back packs with half of it a cooler and the top part is for books and all. Back in middle school we used to get beer, hide them in there and skate and drink around town.