Fat Burning

JayNY2Fla

Awards
What supplements have you had success with for burning fat? Clearly nutrition and weight training and exercise is a must. My body usually reacts well to most supplements.

right now I’m taking for fat burning :

- Now Foods Liquid L Carnitine 1kMG morning and before bed empty stomach every day
- Natures Way MCT oil 1 tablespoon empty stomach first thing AM and before Bed empty stomach
- L Carnitine Injections 500mg 2xPer week every 3 days
- B12/Amino injections every 5 days.

I’m also taking some supplements by SNS (PAXT)and Black Lion ( Follidrone) as well as Magnesium, D3 , Fishoil , L Glutamine, Leucine, EAAs & probiotics

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Black lion incinderine and true shred are amazing. Stacked they’re even better if funds permit

kira1357

Awards
Evomuse BMP, DCP, Epitome, Abliterate Ammo; Apex Alchemy Ursa Major, AET-50, and Triton; transdermal 7-keto and 11-keto (the only hormonal one on this list) like from Iron Legion

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Black lion incinderine and true shred are amazing. Stacked they’re even better if funds permit

I would agree with you , also keeping low gi foods for your carbs so you don’t spike insulin levels

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Would definitely recommend giving this a try!

timmy8888

Awards
  • Established
Competitive edge labs (CEL) lipovantage- 5 weeks in, awesome appetite suppressant(another perk to go along with help burning fat) hands down the best I have taken. I dose 3 caps everyday at night or late evening depending on cravings if any. Midsection and love handles down, more veins and definition in forearms bi tris and shoulders.

Weight per week loss since starting lipovantage is 2.16lbs (weigh in every morning) not just residual water weight; I'm just about 26 weeks in cutting and eating 330g~ carbs everyday except the weekly 500g+ refeeds.

Workouts in am are intense when i dose lipovantage right before bed, sweat like crazy.
*Saw in the another thread you do not do or want to do cardio, but to keep transparent I am doing liss 4x a week for 20 mins.

Evomuse dcp- it's say still in stock at strongsupplement shop is a great one have used in the past.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Competitive edge labs (CEL) lipovantage- 5 weeks in, awesome appetite suppressant(another perk to go along with help burning fat) hands down the best I have taken. I dose 3 caps everyday at night or late evening depending on cravings if any. Midsection and love handles down, more veins and definition in forearms bi tris and shoulders.

Weight per week loss since starting lipovantage is 2.16lbs (weigh in every morning) not just residual water weight; I'm just about 26 weeks in cutting and eating 330g~ carbs everyday except the weekly 500g+ refeeds.

Workouts in am are intense when i dose lipovantage right before bed, sweat like crazy.
*Saw in the another thread you do not do or want to do cardio, but to keep transparent I am doing liss 4x a week for 20 mins.

Evomuse dcp- it's say still in stock at strongsupplement shop is a great one have used in the past.
That is awesome progress.

I definitely agree about LipoVantage being a great product for fat loss and appetite control. I dose mine 3 capsules at nighttime as well, because I have always gotten hungrier at night and had a tendency to wake up at night and be half asleep and eat something I shouldn't and screw my diet up that way. LipoVantage is perfect for that.

I used the stack of LipoVantage, Lean Edge, Thermo Scorch, GlucoVantage XT, and Reduce XT earlier this year when I lost 40 lbs. from Feb. to June.

I just started that back a a few weeks go and doing a quick cut thru Thanksgiving and then back to building.

For me, my regimen right now as pertains to fat loss supplements is:

Lean Edge - 2 caps 3x per day
Thermo Scorch - 3 caps in the morning
LipoVantage - 3 caps at night
GlucoVantage XT - 2 to 3 caps per day - with meals containing carbs
Reduce XT - I had been doing 1 cap 3x per day and that works great for me; but discussion in another thread piqued my interest in trying higher dosing so starting a couple days ago I'm going up to 6 caps per day for the next couple weeks.

I take too many vitamins to list them all out and they wouldn't be relevant to fat loss; but those are the ones that have helped me with cutting in the past and that I'm using now during my quick cut.

JayNY2Fla

Awards

Thanks bro. And good luck in ya mission. Seems you are doing great

JayNY2Fla

Awards

Is Hardrock natural / non hormonal ?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Is true shred all natural. Not looking for anything steroid like or prohormones etc. all natural only. Thanks
Yep it's all natural. No PCT required.

kelechi

Awards
  • First Up Vote
That is awesome progress.

I definitely agree about LipoVantage being a great product for fat loss and appetite control. I dose mine 3 capsules at nighttime as well, because I have always gotten hungrier at night and had a tendency to wake up at night and be half asleep and eat something I shouldn't and screw my diet up that way. LipoVantage is perfect for that.

I used the stack of LipoVantage, Lean Edge, Thermo Scorch, GlucoVantage XT, and Reduce XT earlier this year when I lost 40 lbs. from Feb. to June.

I just started that back a a few weeks go and doing a quick cut thru Thanksgiving and then back to building.

For me, my regimen right now as pertains to fat loss supplements is:

Lean Edge - 2 caps 3x per day
Thermo Scorch - 3 caps in the morning
LipoVantage - 3 caps at night
GlucoVantage XT - 2 to 3 caps per day - with meals containing carbs
Reduce XT - I had been doing 1 cap 3x per day and that works great for me; but discussion in another thread piqued my interest in trying higher dosing so starting a couple days ago I'm going up to 6 caps per day for the next couple weeks.

I take too many vitamins to list them all out and they wouldn't be relevant to fat loss; but those are the ones that have helped me with cutting in the past and that I'm using now during my quick cut.
Are there risks in taking so many pills? I'm thinking particularly of impacts on the heart, kidney or liver. This is something that's been on my mind a bit. I worry a bit about adverse effects of polymorphism particularly for middle to older age men. I know there are some supps that can be toxic at a higher dosage but is there a cumulative impact of taking a lot, say more than 15 pills / day, even for supps widely considered 'safe'? You are possibly at more than double this?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Are there risks in taking so many pills? I'm thinking particularly of impacts on the heart, kidney or liver. This is something that's been on my mind a bit. I worry a bit about adverse effects of polymorphism particularly for middle to older age men. I know there are some supps that can be toxic at a higher dosage but is there a cumulative impact of taking a lot, say more than 15 pills / day, even for supps widely considered 'safe'? You are possibly at more than double this?
Just about every health conscious bodybuilder and athlete I know takes probably 30+ pills a day. I myself take about 25

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
4x fish oil
2x d3
2x c
B complex
3x nac
3x turmeric
2x Ubiquinol
1x mk677 a few times a week
1x multi v
Got a brain fart but there's more.

For someone to be worried about the things your worried about. Unless your lifestyle and nutrition and exercise and sleep is 100% button down then being worried about how many capsules or tablets is bad for you is worrying about the 1% before the other 99%

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
No, not at all.

I take more in the way of basic vitamins and condition specific supplements than I do bodybuilding supplements, and my last round of bloodwork was the best its ever been (literally), and I would bet money that bc of my autoimmune condition I get bloodwork done more than 99% of people and I know that the bloodwork I get done is more comprehensive that 99% of people's. And I don't say that in a good way bc I hate needles and despise getting blood drawn, and so far the highest number of vials was 32 at one draw so that sucks.

You mentioned there being some supplements that can be toxic at higher dosages - there are very few that would be, and its important to also realize that when you get into examples like that, anything, even water can be toxic after a certain dose.

There are some things, mostly minerals, that you wouldn't want to just go crazy on the dosages of - but you'd have to be replicating a lot of the same ingredients in different supplements for that to happen.

Your question, if I'm understanding it correctly, seems like you're talking about the number of capsules themselves?

Capsules are made of either gelatin or vegetable cellulose - and they are broken down and digested quickly in the body.

Think about it in context:

Gelatin Capsules:
- If you eat meat or even jello, you are consuming more gelatin than you would from taking a lot of capsules.
- Here's a quote on gelatin in meat:
"Whenever you cook meat on the bone or with skin, you are essentially processing collagen into gelatin."

Vegetable Capsules:
- These are made from plant fibers; so consuming a lot of these would be no different than what you would get from eating a lot of vegetables.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
For someone to be worried about the things your worried about. Unless your lifestyle and nutrition and exercise and sleep is 100% button down then being worried about how many capsules or tablets is bad for you is worrying about the 1% before the other 99%
Agreed 1000%. (Not meant towards him, just in general).

I say this all the time when people worry about a lot of things that they do - that sometimes people tend to get on the latest health craze or media scare tactic and get worked up about things like artificial sweeteners, colors, fillers, etc. - when the reality is that the foods we eat and the air we breathe is probably far more dangerous than any of that. And like you said, lack of sleep is harder on the body than most any of it.

My pet peeve lately has been people jumping on the titanium dioxide being bad bandwagon. Titanium dioxide is what makes the white part of capsules white, but its also in a ton of foods and other types of products. A lot of people read a news article about a study saying it may cause cancer and didn't bother to read the study itself to see that it was saying that it may cause cancer if INHALED. Yet, so many people are in a tizzy over it. My question to most anyone that mentions that is very simple - do you brush your teeth? Because the biggest intake of titanium dioxide for the average person is in toothpaste. (It's what makes the white in toothpaste white).

I'll never forget when I coached soccer, being at a soccer game and a parent talking about how bad capsules were with artificial colors and this mofo was standing there drinking a lemon lime gatorade, which for anyone that doesn't know, is loaded with more artificial colors than you'd ever get through colored capsules. Now, don't get me wrong, I like lemon lime gatorade too and I could care less about colored capsules - my point being though the irony of it.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

I say this all the time when people worry about a lot of things that they do - that sometimes people tend to get on the latest health craze or media scare tactic and get worked up about things like artificial sweeteners, colors, fillers, etc. - when the reality is that the foods we eat and the air we breathe is probably far more dangerous than any of that. And like you said, lack of sleep is harder on the body than most any of it.

My pet peeve lately has been people jumping on the titanium dioxide being bad bandwagon. Titanium dioxide is what makes the white part of capsules white, but its also in a ton of foods and other types of products. A lot of people read a news article about a study saying it may cause cancer and didn't bother to read the study itself to see that it was saying that it may cause cancer if INHALED. Yet, so many people are in a tizzy over it. My question to most anyone that mentions that is very simple - do you brush your teeth? Because the biggest intake of titanium dioxide for the average person is in toothpaste. (It's what makes the white in toothpaste white).

I'll never forget when I coached soccer, being at a soccer game and a parent talking about how bad capsules were with artificial colors and this mofo was standing there drinking a lemon lime gatorade, which for anyone that doesn't know, is loaded with more artificial colors than you'd ever get through colored capsules. Now, don't get me wrong, I like lemon lime gatorade too and I could care less about colored capsules - my point being though the irony of it.
Yep, on the enhanced side guys are even worse. IL have someone loaded up on 400mg/ml test and bathroom brew tren telling me artificial sweetners are gonna kill me. Ya I know there bad, but I'm pretty sure that stuff your shooting in your body was made in a dirty dirt floor basement in india or in some meat heads bathroom with a hot plate and kitchen utensils lol

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yep, on the enhanced side guys are even worse. IL have someone loaded up on 400mg/ml test and bathroom brew tren telling me artificial sweetners are gonna kill me. Ya I know there bad, but I'm pretty sure that stuff your shooting in your body was made in a dirty dirt floor basement in india or in some meat heads bathroom with a hot plate and kitchen utensils lol
Yeah, that is insane. I'm really surprised that a lot of those guys are worried about stuff like that. Definitely shows the level of hypocrisy and lack of real thinking that some people do. Not meant as an insult to them, it just amazes me how so many people now days don't think about things in context.

Here's an example you'll probably get a kick out of:

I'm not sure if you knew, but we're going to be doing a protein in the next few months. Some people have of course said that they wanted us to use all natural sweeteners, which I understand the desire, but the reality is that 99% of people want a protein that tastes great - and nothing with natural sweeteners is going to taste as good. I've explained that its extremely important that for at least the first few flavors, we have to come out with incredible tasting protein for the 99% of people that are looking for that because if we cater to the 1%, we're going to lose our butts on it financially. One person (no offense meant to them) that kind of gave me a hard time about it and saying he wouldn't use it because it would have artificial sweeteners, I saw posting in another thread about their favorite flavors of energy drinks - all of which had the exact same sweeteners in it.

^^^ and nothing I'm saying is to knock anyone's personal preferences. Trust me, I get it - I have food allergies and I'm super conscious myself so I never mean it as an insult. I'm more talking about the selectivity of what some people worry about versus things that they don't or that they worry about it in supplements or nit pick it in supplements, but then don't even think about it to realize that they're getting tons more of it in their energy drink or sports drink.

Oh, here's another favorite of mine - a couple years ago, you may remember this - bodybuilders started freaking out for awhile about silicon dioxide being used as a filler in supplements. It is commonly used because it is safe and because it helps the raw materials blend more uniformly and flow into capsules on the machinery. But someone brought up a study about silicon dioxide being dangerous and people started freaking out. Number one, in the study it was only shown to be dangerous if you inhaled it because it was rough on the lungs. So it was like okay guys, swallow your pills, don't snot them and you're good to go lol. But the real irony is here you have bodybuilders losing their minds over worrying about the silicon dioxide in their supplements while not realizing that silicon dioxide is actually the same thing as silica, one of the most popular hair, skin, and nails nutrients in the world. So you have john doe bodybuilder thinking he's going to drop dead from a tiny amount of silica in his supplements when his wife or girlfriend is probably out buying high doses of the same thing to take for their hair and skin :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yeah, that is insane. I'm really surprised that a lot of those guys are worried about stuff like that. Definitely shows the level of hypocrisy and lack of real thinking that some people do. Not meant as an insult to them, it just amazes me how so many people now days don't think about things in context.

Here's an example you'll probably get a kick out of:

I'm not sure if you knew, but we're going to be doing a protein in the next few months. Some people have of course said that they wanted us to use all natural sweeteners, which I understand the desire, but the reality is that 99% of people want a protein that tastes great - and nothing with natural sweeteners is going to taste as good. I've explained that its extremely important that for at least the first few flavors, we have to come out with incredible tasting protein for the 99% of people that are looking for that because if we cater to the 1%, we're going to lose our butts on it financially. One person (no offense meant to them) that kind of gave me a hard time about it and saying he wouldn't use it because it would have artificial sweeteners, I saw posting in another thread about their favorite flavors of energy drinks - all of which had the exact same sweeteners in it.

^^^ and nothing I'm saying is to knock anyone's personal preferences. Trust me, I get it - I have food allergies and I'm super conscious myself so I never mean it as an insult. I'm more talking about the selectivity of what some people worry about versus things that they don't or that they worry about it in supplements or nit pick it in supplements, but then don't even think about it to realize that they're getting tons more of it in their energy drink or sports drink.

Oh, here's another favorite of mine - a couple years ago, you may remember this - bodybuilders started freaking out for awhile about silicon dioxide being used as a filler in supplements. It is commonly used because it is safe and because it helps the raw materials blend more uniformly and flow into capsules on the machinery. But someone brought up a study about silicon dioxide being dangerous and people started freaking out. Number one, in the study it was only shown to be dangerous if you inhaled it because it was rough on the lungs. So it was like okay guys, swallow your pills, don't snot them and you're good to go lol. But the real irony is here you have bodybuilders losing their minds over worrying about the silicon dioxide in their supplements while not realizing that silicon dioxide is actually the same thing as silica, one of the most popular hair, skin, and nails nutrients in the world. So you have john doe bodybuilder thinking he's going to drop dead from a tiny amount of silica in his supplements when his wife or girlfriend is probably out buying high doses of the same thing to take for their hair and skin :LOL::ROFLMAO:
I know, the natural sweetners are not very flavorful. I wouldn't want a naturally flavored protein powder. I been using more shakes myself lately. Up to about 65gm whey per day on top of my whole foods.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Or the blue haired land whales that order a 20pc Mcnugget, large fries, and a DIET Coke.
That's harsh, I usually get that bundle with 2 burgers, 2 fries and a 20pc and eat it myself 😆

That was my last cheat meal/binge lol

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That's harsh, I usually get that bundle with 2 burgers, 2 fries and a 20pc and eat it myself 😆

I'm of the philosophy that if I'm going to have a cheat meal, I'm going to make it count haha.

This weekend was 2 gluten free pizzas and 10 gluten free mozzarella sticks with bbq sauce for dipping haha.

JayNY2Fla

Awards

Sounds good man. Funds certainly ain’t an issue. Thanks bro

kelechi

Awards
  • First Up Vote

I think you've misunderstood my question. I wasn't at all referring to casings, colouring, or sweeteners! My question pertains to the supplements per se and the interactions and total daily intake and the impact of these long term. I'm impressed that your bloodwork looks great but this is an n=1 observation and doesn't answer my question on the potential effect of long term daily use (10+ years) of multiple supplements particularly in older males (55+).. i really wanted to know if there has been any research on this. I don't think anyone can conclusively say 'meh, don't worry about this' as we don't really know one way or the other at this stage. I suspect this may be academic as in reality very few people will adopt your level of supplementation on a daily, long term consistent basis not least because the cost would be prohibitive for most and you are in a unique position.

Not trying to derail the thread, just trying to explore the boundaries of experimenting with and taking supplements and whether there are risks with a kitchen sink approach, including with fat loss

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I think you've misunderstood my question. I wasn't at all referring to casings, colouring, or sweeteners! My question pertains to the supplements per se and the interactions and total daily intake and the impact of these long term. I'm impressed that your bloodwork looks great but still this an n=1 observation and doesn't answer my question on the potential effect of long term daily use (10+ years) of multiple supplements particularly in older males (55+).. i really wanted to know if there has been any research on this. I don't think anyone can conclusively say 'meh, don't worry about this' as we don't really know one way or the other at this stage. I suspect this may be academic as in reality very few people will adopt your level of supplementation on a daily, long term consistent basis not least because the cost would be prohibitive for most and you are in a unique position.
Your quite wrong about the "very few ppl will have this level of supplementation". If anything it's the total opposite in the fitness industry. The fitness industry is like $30 billion a year. Bodybuilders, fitness competitors and athletes have laundry lists of supplements. General health supplements alone upwards of 20 different supplements per day. Some trainers I know have a basic list of 10-12 general health supps that are a must for his clients and that's just the minimum.

No I don't have studies on this topic because its actually not 1 topic, there's a million variables and some supplements do effect other supplements. It's always good to check for drug or vitamins that interact with each other.

Know your drug interactions and toxicity limits and then it becomes..... meh, don't worry about it.

(Remember, there's a difference between max reccomendations and toxicity. Something might say dont take more then 3000mg of vitamin X, bit vitamin X toxicity might be 5000

kelechi

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Thanks. I maintain my opinion that very few people will be on sns's level of supplement regimentation daily for 10+ years (thousands at most) Unfortunately neither you or I can conclusively prove or disprove this and there's no way you can infer this or otherwise from one number ($30bn) which we can argue about, but we wont

Checking for interactions is a great recommendation but only a starting point as we also need the long term safety profiles including of the interactions. Bit of a shame many bodybuilding and fat loss supplements aren't covered by the drugs interactions checker and it doesnt look like the website and the interactions are up to date or comprehensive

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Thanks. I maintain my opinion that very few people will be on sns's level of supplement regimentation daily for 10+ years (thousands at most) Unfortunately neither you or I can conclusively prove or disprove this and there's no way you can infer this or otherwise from one number ($30bn) which we can argue about, but we wont

Checking for interactions is a great recommendation but only a starting point as we also need the long term safety profiles including of the interactions. Bit of a shame many bodybuilding and fat loss supplements aren't covered by the drugs interactions checker and it doesnt look like the website and the interactions are up to date or comprehensive
We live in a world with technology and answers around every corner. We may not be able to get a blanket big enough to cover this whole topic but what we can do is goodle ingredients individually and see what there about.

Let's Google e. cottonii - somewhere like pub med might give you all its uses and side effects, you can then Google the doses and the toxicity dose.

Now you want to add another supplement, you can do the same thing, let's pick mitoburn just because it's something that's probably not on those lists that are not up to date. We search mitoburn, we find the uses and side effects and the toxicity. A quick search says 900mg/kg per day. (I didn't read the details but you should) but because I'm just trying to make a example, now we know the risk vs reward and and the upper tolerable doses of these products.

Now we check drug interactions- looks like l bibia is not in the calculator so we gotta look it up on its own to see what should be avoided.

So all I'm getting at is that if you really wanna know these things you can find out.

And if your overly worried and your not In need of extreme supplementation then get a solid multi v, address your nutritional deficiencies the best you can through that and your diet and pick 1 supplement at a time for your trying goals and you have little to worry about.

Your comment earlier about maybe thousands of ppl, probably more like hundreds of thousands.

The ifbb alone has over 30,000 pro card holding bodybuilders.

Between the divisions there's over a million amature bodybuilders.

Most competitive bodybuilder has 50 bottles of pills they take every day. I know fitness and bikini girls that take more pills then they eat food.

It's waaaaaaaaay more common then you think for people to swallow handfuls of supplements every day. My grandmother use to take about 15 different vitamins and 3 or 4 medications every morning until she passed away at 94.

Many of the ppl I do diets help for I suggest a few basics for vitamins but I give them a full list of things I think they should consider and many of them take the kitchen sink approach and those are just big guys and socvor moms trying to shed some fat and drop a few pounds. Between my boxing gym and the other 2 regular gyms I go to I can probably think of 100ppl who take more supplements then I do on the daily. And I'm not very vested in the fitness world outside of my little bubble.

Sorry for the mile long post. Took the day off and I'm bored

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think you've misunderstood my question. I wasn't at all referring to casings, colouring, or sweeteners! My question pertains to the supplements per se and the interactions and total daily intake and the impact of these long term. I'm impressed that your bloodwork looks great but this is an n=1 observation and doesn't answer my question on the potential effect of long term daily use (10+ years) of multiple supplements particularly in older males (55+).. i really wanted to know if there has been any research on this. I don't think anyone can conclusively say 'meh, don't worry about this' as we don't really know one way or the other at this stage. I suspect this may be academic as in reality very few people will adopt your level of supplementation on a daily, long term consistent basis not least because the cost would be prohibitive for most and you are in a unique position.

Not trying to derail the thread, just trying to explore the boundaries of experimenting with and taking supplements and whether there are risks with a kitchen sink approach, including with fat loss
Your question was:

I answered you several different ways to make sure that I answered it in terms of total number of capsules, other ingredients, and active ingredients.

And I knew you weren't referring to sweeteners, I was replying to Smont on that part where he was talking about how a lot of people worry about minor things while neglecting the major ones. I specified that my answer there had nothing to do with you - that's actually been an ongoing conversation between him and I across topics and threads for a long time in general, so that had nothing to do with you or your question.

To make sure I answer everything that you want me to though, I'll break this post down and reply point by point:

"doesn't answer my question on the potential effect of long term daily use (10+ years) of multiple supplements particularly in older males (55+). i really wanted to know if there has been any research on this."

^^^ There is not nor will there ever be research on long term supplementation of every possible combination of multiple supplements because that would be impossible. Just like there will never be research on long term prescription combinations of every possible combination of drugs because that would be impossible also.

That's why science looks at methods of action. Most people that use a lot of supplements are strategic about it and know why they are taking what they are taking and take different things for certain reasons.

For example, no, you wouldn't want to take a multi-vitamin/mineral and then add a multi-mineral; that would be redundant and could lead to too high levels of certain minerals depending on how they are dosed. But taking Joint Support XT and Cardiovascular Support XT wouldn't be anything like that because they have different ingredients, different methods of action, different pathways, etc.

There's no magic number of pills or different ingredients taken together that would make something bad or make them interfere with each other. Certain things may interfere with each other, but most things don't. That's the same for supplements and for medications.

"I suspect this may be academic as in reality very few people will adopt your level of supplementation on a daily, long term consistent basis not least because the cost would be prohibitive for most and you are in a unique position."

I take a lot of supplements, especially general health things and I don't take anywhere near what many people I know take. I think that overall, you're really underestimating how many supplements that many bodybuilders and also especially longevity and general health supplement enthusiasts take.

If you look on the herbal side of the market, there are many things that are dosed at up to 9 capsules per day just of one single herb; and then some of these are commonly stacked as 3 or 4 things. That's 27 to 36 pills per day just on 3 to 4 products. And I'm talking herbal combinations that are popular with 60, 70, 80 year old individuals.

I'll tag @BCseacow83 here because he works on the retail side and deals directly with a lot of general health consumers and I'm sure he'll confirm for you that people on the general health side, especially the herbal side, its very common to take a lot of capsules per day.

As far as your comment about my position, I'll point out a couple things:
  • I run an FDA registered GMP compliant supplement company that has very strict inventory control standards. I don't just walk in the back and grab bottles of whatever I want. I, like any employee that works here pay for every item that we get. I'll tell you straight out, every employee of this company, myself included, gets a discount of 25% off on all the products that we take. As a consumer, you get 20% off on sales frequently and you have the option to take that discount off of multi-packs, whereas we don't do that option here for employees.
  • I pay the same prices that you or anyone else does for my general health supplements from other brands. I use a lot of products from NOW Foods, some from Natures Way, some from Life Extension, and some from Doctors Best - and I pay the same thing that you do.
  • I pay the same prices for my Recover EAA from Innovapharm as anyone else would; and I do the same as anyone else may and if I catch it on sale, I'll stock up. Awhile back, I bought a dozen bottles of their Lemon Iced Tea flavor when I caught it on sale bc I drink 2 scoops before every workout so I go through a ton of it.
  • I pay the same prices for my protein as anyone else does and I spend a lot of protein - but I view that as part of my grocery budget. I either have to eat it or drink it, and I have a lot of food allergies and my body requires a high protein intake to get the results that I want, so its a heck of a lot cheaper for me to drink 4 to 6 shakes per day than it is to eat that equivalent amount in food, especially with my food allergies. My normal go to brands for protein are Ketogenics and Trutein, and occasionally I'll throw in some by a different brand as a treat.
I'll tell you straight out - when I was younger, I prioritized being in good shape but I did not prioritize my health and I wish that I had. I was more focused on going out and having fun and on my hobbies than I was my health.

I have an autoimmune condition and its taken a huge toll on me over the years and then the accident I was in last year really has too.

When I adopted my daughter, my health became much more important to me bc the idea of being around for her became important to me.

Yes, I take a lot of supplements - all for very specific reasons, goals, and purposes - but I can also tell you that the average person that is an avid golfer and spends more money per month on golf than I do my entire supplement budget for the month (minus protein).

In my case, I spend less money per month on supplements than I used to spend going out on Friday and Saturday nights; and I can guarantee its a lot less per month on supplements than the average person that eats fast food spends on lunch or Starbucks per month.

It's simply about prioritizing, and in my case I'm prioritizing my health.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

I wanted to reply to one more part separately:

"just trying to explore the boundaries of experimenting with and taking supplements and whether there are risks with a kitchen sink approach, including with fat loss"

I don't do anything with a kitchen sink type approach. I've done formulation and raw material sourcing in this industry for 20 years and I know a lot about the ingredients and I'm very strategic and specific about the supplements that I take - every supplement that I take, I take for a specific reason.

You can go through my post history and you'll find that my general health supplement regimen largely stays the same, unless a new product comes out that contains multiple things in one product that I'm taking a lot of as single ingredients, then I may change to that product to condense things some. Like right now, I take several different single ingredient supplements for cholesterol that will all be in Cholesterol Support XT when it comes out, so when it does, I'll switch to that. You'll also find that where a lot of people like to try new sports nutrition things every other month, I tend to use more long-term stacks - I'm more likely to pick a stack and run it 20 weeks than I am to run 4 weeks on one thing, 8 weeks on another, etc.

You mentioned fat loss supplements - earlier this year, before I was able to start back working out, I lost 40 lbs. from Feb. to June with zero working out and not really dieting, just moreso cleaning up my diet. There was a heavy reliance on supplements for that because I wasn't able to start back training yet bc of my accident; and I had let myself go and eaten so badly that I had to ease back into eating better. For anyone not aware, for those of us that have autoimmune conditions, drastic dietary changes are not usually a good thing, even if they would be positive changes.

When it comes to fat loss supplements, any of the guys that talk to me off the forum can tell you that I'm very specific in the way that I lay out my own supplement stacks - every single aspect of it has a specific reason that I'm taking them because I believe in target fat loss from a variety of different angles to maximize results.

For example, my current fat loss regimen is very similar to the one I lost 40 lbs. with earlier this year; and right now, I'm doing a 5 to 6 week quick cut and everything I'm taking, I'm taking for a specific reason:
  • Lean Edge - 2 caps 3x per day - because it targets fat loss from a variety of angles, which is why its my favorite overall fat loss product because it works through so many different pathways.
  • Thermo Scorch - 3 caps in the morning - MitoBurn, Sinetrol, CaloriBurn, and Capsimax work in different unique ways and make for a good fat burning start to the day.
  • LipoVantage - 3 caps at night - because it helps burn fat through a variety of pathways and also because it really helps with my appetite, which is much worse at night. Taking it at night helps me avoid nighttime cravings and I've always been terrible about waking up in the middle of the night and eating something half asleep that I'd regret in the morning.
  • Reduce XT - 1 cap 3x per day - works via cortisol control
  • GlucoVantage XT - 1 cap 2 or 3x per day - helps with insulin sensitivity and blood sugar control
I just wanted to explain that from my side.

I do agree that people shouldn't take a kitchen sink approach and just take a bunch of random things - I think its important to know what you're taking and why, which is a big part of why I am so detailed with our product write ups because I want people to really understand the ingredients and how they work.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Few days into thermagize xt…still not ready to give a full take but the appetite suppression has been great at a very good price so far

tybolton

Awards

That was my go-to cheat meal when you could get a 20pc in the app for $4.99. I'd add a couple of cheeseburgers and fries. Those were good times. I'm on strict cut now :confused:

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That was my go-to cheat meal when you could get a 20pc in the app for $4.99. I'd add a couple of cheeseburgers and fries. Those were good times. I'm on strict cut now :confused:
Now I want to go get a cheat meal after reading this :ROFLMAO:

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Please ignore my ignorance(and educate me if I am wrong) but this
constains dhea and androsta-3,5 etc) would this be labeled as performance enhancing, pro hormone or steroids?
I would put them in the category of natural anabolic:

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
constains dhea and androsta-3,5 etc) would this be labeled as performance enhancing, pro hormone or steroids?
I would put them in the category of natural anabolic:

View attachment 237655
@LeanEngineer - I hope you don't mind me addressing one point of this - I try to never comment on any of the products that you recommend, I just wanted to clarify something for the person that asked you about this and don't want anything unintentional to come back on Strong Supplement Shop bc of any misunderstanding.

@Masindex asked if these ingredients would be considered performance enhancing, prohormones, or steroids - and my concern with the answer of saying that they are natural anabolics is that if he was asking in the context of him being an athlete that is subject to drug testing, then yes, they would be considered performance enhancing and not allowable by most testing organizations.

Androsta-3, 5-diene-7, 17-dione is a banned ingredient by pretty much all testing organizations and we even mention this on the label for our Eradicate-E product.

Masindex

Awards
@LeanEngineer - I hope you don't mind me addressing one point of this - I try to never comment on any of the products that you recommend, I just wanted to clarify something for the person that asked you about this and don't want anything unintentional to come back on Strong Supplement Shop bc of any misunderstanding.

@Masindex asked if these ingredients would be considered performance enhancing, prohormones, or steroids - and my concern with the answer of saying that they are natural anabolics is that if he was asking in the context of him being an athlete that is subject to drug testing, then yes, they would be considered performance enhancing and not allowable by most testing organizations.

Androsta-3, 5-diene-7, 17-dione is a banned ingredient by pretty much all testing organizations and we even mention this on the label for our Eradicate-E product.
Thank you for your input! This really cleared up a lot of inner debate whether to use certain supps. I think a lot of people have this problem because, sadly, we are(or at least me) are very poorly informed. There’s not a lot of places to get real answers From real people. Go on Reddit and you’ll get a bunch of bots, jerks and know it all’s who actually don’t know anything at all because their information comes from a recycled opinion from someone who understands something academically, but not have any real life experience whether the theory actually works or not.

again thank you for adding that info. I think I have to inform myself more on compounds like dhea and androst products

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thank you for your input! This really cleared up a lot of inner debate whether to use certain supps. I think a lot of people have this problem because, sadly, we are(or at least me) are very poorly informed. There’s not a lot of places to get real answers From real people. Go on Reddit and you’ll get a bunch of bots, jerks and know it all’s who actually don’t know anything at all because their information comes from a recycled opinion from someone who understands something academically, but not have any real life experience whether the theory actually works or not.

again thank you for adding that info. I think I have to inform myself more on compounds like dhea and androst products
No problem at all. I'm glad to help.

@LeanEngineer is a great guy, and I don't think he meant to intentionally give you an answer that may not have covered exactly what you were looking for, as he was providing you with the information from the product's write up, so I truly feel he was giving you the information to the best of his knowledge.

On my end, I own brands in the industry and work on the supply chain side, so I deal with a lot more of the technical aspects and liabilities, like in this case where a person may consider something natural in their opinion, but for people subject to drug testing by athletic organizations, opinion doesn't really matter and they would be considered banned substances.

Completely agree on the comment about Reddit and about getting real knowledge about supplements in general. You're always welcome to pm me if you have any questions, and also if you'd like, send me a pm and I'll be glad to give you my other contact information in case I can ever help.

I like helping people and am always glad to answer questions in any way that I can, and I work with some professional and amateur athletes so I know how strict the testing requirements are for some organizations so I always try to make sure I explain things thoroughly on subjects like that.

For example, there's the personal opinion of what is considered natural and that may vary from person to person, but I always try to make sure the context in which its being asked. Like in this example, many people may consider 7-Keto DHEA natural, but Lyota Machida, when he was in the UFC and under WADA testing, received a long term suspension for 7-Keto DHEA, which is in the product that you asked about.

Masindex

Awards
No problem at all. I'm glad to help.

@LeanEngineer is a great guy, and I don't think he meant to intentionally give you an answer that may not have covered exactly what you were looking for, as he was providing you with the information from the product's write up, so I truly feel he was giving you the information to the best of his knowledge.

On my end, I own brands in the industry and work on the supply chain side, so I deal with a lot more of the technical aspects and liabilities, like in this case where a person may consider something natural in their opinion, but for people subject to drug testing by athletic organizations, opinion doesn't really matter and they would be considered banned substances.

Completely agree on the comment about Reddit and about getting real knowledge about supplements in general. You're always welcome to pm me if you have any questions, and also if you'd like, send me a pm and I'll be glad to give you my other contact information in case I can ever help.

I like helping people and am always glad to answer questions in any way that I can, and I work with some professional and amateur athletes so I know how strict the testing requirements are for some organizations so I always try to make sure I explain things thoroughly on subjects like that.

For example, there's the personal opinion of what is considered natural and that may vary from person to person, but I always try to make sure the context in which its being asked. Like in this example, many people may consider 7-Keto DHEA natural, but Lyota Machida, when he was in the UFC and under WADA testing, received a long term suspension for 7-Keto DHEA, which is in the product that you asked about.
I hope I was not saying that leanengineer is one of those people. I really enjoy the vibe here And respect him and others here as well. The people I am referring to come off real nasty and viciously attack others because of difference in opinion. Kira, in another thread, brought something to my attention that required a lot of thought; what one person considers natural, another may not and that is so true. It’s so simple, but it slipped my mind. 😂

I mean, with that in mind, taking creatine is like taking unnatural amounts of creatine that can’t be possible by eating red meat alone, so therefore, that is unnatural. Everything is technically unnatural.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
@Masindex sorry about the confusion. I probably should have asked why are you asking? For example are you going to be drug tested for steroids? If so, what SNS said makes sense. If not, then I would put True Shred in the category of natural anabolic and call it day. It's definitely not in the steroid category.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I hope I was not saying that leanengineer is one of those people. I really enjoy the vibe here And respect him and others here as well. The people I am referring to come off real nasty and viciously attack others because of difference in opinion. Kira, in another thread, brought something to my attention that required a lot of thought; what one person considers natural, another may not and that is so true. It’s so simple, but it slipped my mind. 😂

I mean, with that in mind, taking creatine is like taking unnatural amounts of creatine that can’t be possible by eating red meat alone, so therefore, that is unnatural. Everything is technically unnatural.
I didn't take it that you meant anything negative towards him at all; I was moreso trying to reiterate that I wasn't meaning anything negative towards him myself.

The definition of natural can definitely depend on the individual - and to know if we're just discussing opinions of natural or what a drug testing organization may consider natural, bc they don't care about our opinions, just their lists of what is and isn't allowed haha.

BillD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just popped 1 SNS Alpha yohimbine…holy chills and colon explosion.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Just popped 1 SNS Alpha yohimbine…holy chills and colon explosion.
Seems like a pretty random post for this thread?

I'm sorry if that's the case with you, but that's definitely not most people's experience with it.

BillD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I'm sorry if that's the case with you, but that's definitely not most people's experience with it.
It’s a fat burning ingredient…in a fat burning thread. I got my bottle today and popped one and that was my experience. I was pumped to try it after reading on this forum how most Alpha y isnt actually Alpha y and SNS was legit so wasn’t expecting the sides. Clearly I just don’t respond well to it.

BillD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

It’s a fat burning ingredient…in a fat burning thread. I got my bottle today and popped one and that was my experience. I was pumped to try it after reading on this forum how most Alpha y isnt actually Alpha y and SNS was legit so wasn’t expecting the sides. Clearly I just don’t respond well to it.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What I meant was that 99% of the discussion has been on stimulant free fat burners.

It is correct that a lot of products that claim to contain Alpha Yohimbine actually contain regular Yohimbine or a combination of a small percentage of Alpha Yohimbine and regular Yohimbine.

There are a lot of people that cannot take Yohimbine or Yohimbine HCI that can take and enjoy taking Alpha Yohimbine; but then there are some people that cannot handle either one.

But also, for people when its their first time taking Alpha Yohimbine, some may need to take it with or right before a meal because Alpha Yohimbine is pretty strong so taking it with food can help blunt that for a person to get used to it.

BillD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What I meant was that 99% of the discussion has been on stimulant free fat burners.

It is correct that a lot of products that claim to contain Alpha Yohimbine actually contain regular Yohimbine or a combination of a small percentage of Alpha Yohimbine and regular Yohimbine.

There are a lot of people that cannot take Yohimbine or Yohimbine HCI that can take and enjoy taking Alpha Yohimbine; but then there are some people that cannot handle either one.

But also, for people when its their first time taking Alpha Yohimbine, some may need to take it with or right before a meal because Alpha Yohimbine is pretty strong so taking it with food can help blunt that for a person to get used to it.
I’ll try it with food next time, really would love to be able to utilize the fat burning aspect of it but man them chills are something else. Didn’t realize it was about stim free I just pulled up the app and seen Fat burning thread.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’ll try it with food next time, really would love to be able to utilize the fat burning aspect of it but man them chills are something else. Didn’t realize it was about stim free I just pulled up the app and seen Fat burning thread.
No worries. I was just explaining the context for where my confusion came from and why it just seemed random.

It's not common at all for it to bother anyone's stomach, but chills are common for some people, especially the first time they try it if they're sensitive to it. For most people, the chills go away after a couple of uses and you can blunt those by taking it with food. But there are some people that just don't respond well to any type of yohimbine.