Fantasy Football 2009

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am playing with friends all along the East coast

QB
Tony Romo (The QBs I wanted kept getting drafted right b4 my pick and I didnt want to reach)

RB
Frank Gore
Maurice Jones-Drew
Chris Johnson
Julius Jones(recently acquired, had thought about picking him up in draft)

WR
Larry Fitzgerald
Greg Jennings
Marques Colston
Jerricho Cotchery(hopefully Sachez will get him the ball)
Devin Hester(not a horrible WR plus my league u get points for return yds)
Joshua Cribbs(secret weapon, they r going to get scored on all the time so LOTS of kickoff returns)
Brandon Marshall(thinking about dropping him for Hasselback)

DEF
San Diego(people in my draft went after DEF EARLY)

K
Nate Kaeding
I'd drop Cotchery or Cribbs before Marshall. Does Cribbs get credit for return yardage and return TD's in your league? In my leagues the "DEF/ST" gets credit for all that.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd drop Cotchery or Cribbs before Marshall. Does Cribbs get credit for return yardage and return TD's in your league? In my leagues the "DEF/ST" gets credit for all that.
For some reason Cribbs is getting credit for return yards and TDs right now. I understand y because the person running the league isnt even taking advantage of it so I dont think he knows it is set like that.

I am def keeping Cribbs for the return factor if they change it so it goes to the DEF/ST then he is GONE! The thing I dont like about Marshall is his QB(even though Orton went to Purdue where they run the spread) and lack of chemistry in the offense. Cotchery will basically be a safety net because I dont think he will ever have that BIG game.

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The thing I dont like about Marshall is his QB
Folks like to talk sh!t on Orton and heap praise on Cutler, but Kyle Orton has a career record of 21-12 in games he's started. His 30TD to 27INT ratio isn't awesome or anything, but consider this: Jay Cutler is 17-20 in games he's started. (his 54TD, 37INT ratio is pretty good though)

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Folks like to talk sh!t on Orton and heap praise on Cutler, but Kyle Orton has a career record of 21-12 in games he's started. His 30TD to 27INT ratio isn't awesome or anything, but consider this: Jay Cutler is 17-20 in games he's started. (his 54TD, 37INT ratio is pretty good though)
Well managing games yes Orton is good, but fantasy football is stats based. I won't even touch Cutler for my fantasy football team. Plus I now hate the Broncos since they hired Josh McDaniels. I HATE the Patroits with a passion so much so I hate people who have been on the Patroits team or coaching staff(in this decade).

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Plus I now hate the Broncos since they hired Josh McDaniels. I HATE the Patroits with a passion so much so I hate people who have been on the Patroits team or coaching staff(in this decade).
Well, then you're alright in my book. :thumbsup:

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It sucks because I share the same first name as the player I HATE the most in sports.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
I put a jinx on Rivers!
Makes no difference to me. You probably forgot I've got Welker and Faulk playing right now. Oh, and you just got beat, before the game even ended.:bling:

How does it feel to loose to a rookie? :paranoid:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
All I have to say is Tom Brady gave me 101 points all by himself this week. The rest of my team was horribly subpar this week, but Brady is going to get me the win anyway. He's a fantasy football stud!!!

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
All I have to say is Tom Brady gave me 101 points all by himself this week. The rest of my team was horribly subpar this week, but Brady is going to get me the win anyway. He's a fantasy football stud!!!
Did you watch the game? Wow! What an end! I love it.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Plus I was actually playing against him in my fantasy league. I won easily but still headed seeing Brady win when they should have lost.

Whitesnake

Whitesnake

Awards
  • Established
WTF is wrong with The Yahoo Fantasy site??

Every time I try to edit my roster then hit submit changes it pops back to Yahoo Fantasy home page......then when I click on my team none of my roster changes took place........WTF?????:frustrate

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Try now. It didn't work for me too, but I just tried and it works.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Ok, help me out, it's my first time playing fantasy footall and I'm kind of clueless. I can't decide should I play Brandon Jacobs (@Dallas) or Kevin Faulk (@NYJ)? Help me out. Thanks.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Ok, help me out, it's my first time playing fantasy footall and I'm kind of clueless. I can't decide should I play Brandon Jacobs (@Dallas) or Kevin Faulk (@NYJ)? Help me out. Thanks.
Depends on league settings.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Why is it matter? They are both are running backs

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Why is it matter? They are both are running backs
Faulk gets more receptions while Jacobs doesnt. In PPR (points per reception) Faulk is going to get more points for overall yards and receptions. Jacobs could score 10 more touchdowns than Faulk but if faulk has 30-45 more receptions than Jacobs (which he did last year) he will have more points.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Outta the gates slow,.. but it's how you finish that counts!!!

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
I had a chance to get LT and I picked Sproles instead, like I knew LT won't play this season. I was right. Just saying...

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
LT on the bench and still whoopin some ass this week. Back to .500!

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hate being in an 8 team league...there are too many good options lol. I can't decide who to drop and who to pick up.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Sanchez earned total of........................... drum roll...................................

one point today

Unbelievable
I hate Jets new coach and I really wanted Bills to win.
Oh, and how about those Vikings, 6-0 baby!
Oh, and I got 420 total points with one more player remaining... Watch out, bitches!

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
You mean Sidney Rice from Minnesota? He gave me 58 points yesterday. Crazy.
Ray Rice is RB for Baltimore, and he's damn good too.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
So, officially I got 472 total points this week, son. :) Kick ass

cubbies23

Awards
Oh...10 team league. Have Forte and Pierre at RB currently. Can start a RB/WR which would be Benson

Beater

Beater

Banned
Awards
I would def pick up Benson. He has a good schedule ahead of him but someone that is shortsighted enough might let him go now since he has that little injury to his hip or whatever it is. He will be back and scoring big points soon enough. I would try and get him.

Beater

Beater

Banned
Awards
oh yeah and go Ricky williams! Sure is great to have him off the reefer and on my team!

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
And it's official. I am your new Champion, bitches!:head::beerchug::yawn::nana::hammer::****you::dance::wiggle::party::woohoo::afro::buttkick:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I won 2 leagues - the one OCC re-uped from last year and a random one.

Finished 4th and 5th in my other 2 leagues. (4th was a 10 team, 5th was a 12 team)

Not bad for 4 teams.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I went in the number 1 seed and ended up getting 4th. Of course during the playoffs my WRs decide to underachieve more than usual.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Congrats D!!!