F@#% CALIFORNIA

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Why do Californians vote conservatively on issues like Prop 8 and now Prop 19, yet still elect nutjobs to run their state into the ground? I just don't understand the logic. You have some of the highest tax rates in the country because of the people that have been running the state. And don't cry about the Governator doing it also, he's a progressive in sheeps clothing.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Ostensibily, it was good it didnt pass, for those that have medical cards across the country. It might have screwed things up for MM users. On the other hand, not passing it didnt hurt anyone, per se, most conscientious LEO know that pot is everywhere and that small busts, and busts of MM users are expensively futile. If there is just as much pot around now as there was 30 yrs ago, and I think there is, its here to stay. Prohibition costs big money for everyone involved. Its a crime of conflict, not consensus.

daft205

daft205

Awards
  • Established
I think it's as legal as it needs to be, currently it's readily available( there 5 despeneries within 7 mi of my house) and le could care less so long as you got your 215, we didn't really lose much by it not passing.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
We were so close. RIP Prop 19. :puppy_dog_eyes:
eh man, you can pay for a medical card anywhere you want to anyways... its not THAT much and here in socal theres a shop or 2 in every town...

Gotta say though, with my chosen sobriety I would go nuts if it was made legal or have to move outta state.... cant handle smelling it everywhere already as it is.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I think it's as legal as it needs to be, currently it's readily available( there 5 despeneries within 7 mi of my house) and le could care less so long as you got your 215, we didn't really lose much by it not passing.
You bring up a pretty good point. I'm not a hater (had my card for 2 years), but passing 19 was not gonna happen this fast. We would have been the only state with legal marijuana in the country. We did pretty great with only losing 46 to 54 percent. Millions of people in California got behind this yesterday. Its not a matter of IF, but WHEN it'll happen.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This actually is the attitude most of us in other states were offended by. This law was for California, but it stood for so much more. It would have been the first crumble from the cookie.

eh man, you can pay for a medical card anywhere you want to anyways... its not THAT much and here in socal theres a shop or 2 in every town...

Gotta say though, with my chosen sobriety I would go nuts if it was made legal or have to move outta state.... cant handle smelling it everywhere already as it is.
Well, I can totally respect someone that doesn't smoke not wanting to smell it, but in my opinion it should be handled like alcohol. You don't see people walking up and down public streets drinking do you? (At least not legally).

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This actually is the attitude most of us in other states were offended by. This law was for California, but it stood for so much more. It would have been the first crumble from the cookie.

Well, I can totally respect someone that doesn't smoke not wanting to smell it, but in my opinion it should be handled like alcohol. You don't see people walking up and down public streets drinking do you? (At least not legally).
Agreed

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
F*** I can't believe it didn't go through...

Poor Unreal, the guy lives there and was looking forward to it lol. I knew I wouldn't be in Cali regardless so didn't care much. Here in AZ they are just now trying to get medical marijuana in.

You get f***ed for prices either way. Medical marijuana is expensive, drug dealers nowadays jack up the price of sh*t. When I lived in Canada the best f***ing weed money could buy for 5$ a G. The BEST chron...5$... a G. Plentiful, no one ever ran dry. AZ sucks d*ck.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
.... Given I don't smoke anymore I prefer not to discuss it.... But honestly dispenseries in ca really have everything you can find anywhere else for cheap as hell during sales... And treats, like a fruity pebbles krispy treat that would have you floored for an entire day, if you can even stay awake...

Anyways prob shouldnt discuss this stuff on the boards as its against the rules to get that deep into it...

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established

Trust me, I didn't vote yes with the hopes of it not passing. There's still plenty of folk who believe its a "gate way" drug or that its dangerous or they bought into the propaganda that their doctors would show up high to work to perform surgery on them or police and firefighters could come to work high.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Trust me, I didn't vote yes with the hopes of it not passing. There's still plenty of folk who believe its a "gate way" drug or that its dangerous or they bought into the propaganda that their doctors would show up high to work to perform surgery on them or police and firefighters could come to work high.
True which is why I wish YesOn19 was able to received more donations for the campaign. The information that was available was primarily one sided, and that is because the anti-Prop19 campaign had BIG sponsors. There is alot of corporate interest in pot not being legal. I blame dorritos for not seeing the opportunity cost of sponsoring the campaign.

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
I guess California hates taxes. All that extra money towards education, environment, roads, etc. :speechless:

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
My county voted yes on 19 in an almost 2:1 ratio, but I guess most other counties are populated by retards

But whatever, I'll keep smoking weed, same as before, and the laws be damned. It's a pretty low priority anyway, cops have better things to do than **** with people just trying to chill and eat snack food.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
They just said this morning that they will try to tax medi-marij which will raise the price up 3-4 bucks a pop.
There was a wealthy guy I think here in CA that dumped a million into supporting prop 19 at the very last minute to help get the word out, but every morning on the radio I only heard the negative ads. They were saying my doctor could come to work high if it passed. I think he already does:p

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
They just said this morning that they will try to tax medi-marij which will raise the price up 3-4 bucks a pop.
There was a wealthy guy I think here in CA that dumped a million into supporting prop 19 at the very last minute to help get the word out, but every morning on the radio I only heard the negative ads. They were saying my doctor could come to work high if it passed. I think he already does:p
Because your doctor comes into his office drunk as hell as well. I hate propaganda.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good lord, so much propaganda. Just like all doctors go to work drunk.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Well the thing about the 3-4$ tax on pot is they now want it both ways. You can't tax medication (correct me if Im wrong).

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Well not like the tax on booze I mean. It is taxed in the normal manner.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My county voted yes on 19 in an almost 2:1 ratio, but I guess most other counties are populated by retards

But whatever, I'll keep smoking weed, same as before, and the laws be damned. It's a pretty low priority anyway, cops have better things to do than **** with people just trying to chill and eat snack food.
I wish the cops that took me to jail and gave me a record that'd screwed me left and right from jobs to child services ever since had something better to do.... :rolleyes:

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Until they make it fully legal our until you purchase a card (really any doctor that puts out business cards for it will give you one, ailments or not) I would definitely watch your a$$...

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
I wish there were documentaries and just general pro viewpoints presented in a more mature fashion. So far all these documenetaries I have watched about pro-legalization really tend to send a poorly worded message. I just recentlly watched a documentary, don't remember the name, but it was a guy visiting all these "medical" distributors across California and talking about how in fact all of these places are not bad. What I found annoying the most is that all they show are regular laid back people using the stuff, with really obscure sounding "medical conditions" that allowed them to get that prescription for it. I mean, while I am not a user nor am against it, I can see how it still gets a bad name. Oh and always referring to it as "medicine" does not make it any better, I mean, you don't hear people calling tobacco medicine, even though the nicotine in it does have some relaxing and psychoactive effects. Usually they are honest and upfront with their use.

Why not just show instead upstanding white colar people. Supporting a family, nice car, nice house, etc. just anything that shows them something like "middle class". Even better if they actually have respectable jobs: doctors, lawyers, etc.

So far everytime I see them trying to use people as examples they show people that might as well be "stoners", usually in form of band members, rappers, etc. Basically, sort of people that already tend not to be "looked up" to by others. I mean, if some band member from some punk band is using it, how is that showing it in positive light? Now, if you have some brain surgeon using it, then I will assume he knows what he is talking about and the he probably is seeking the beneficial effects from the stuff rather than just getting "stoned".

I guess as with any drugs, it is the "abusers" that give it a bad name. I mean, look at LSD for example, a doctor not only created it, but also put a patent towards it, and for some time it was rather legit stuff for many legit purposes......And then people started abusing it and it got a bad name.

I am not saying that it's some great drug or something, it is just that we need better people to start openly supporting it...Preferably not "abusers" of it, then more people will start accepting that it is something that has beneficiary elements.

Look at a drug like Adderal, it is a perfectly legal drug, that has a years long record of having heavy abuses, especially in high school and univercities....Yet, Teva and Barr Pharmaceuticals are able to keep it on the market, mostly because they have a strong case for in the medicine market. And this a drug that is compared to cocaine, a "worse" drug than marijuana. What ever their marketing strategies are, it seems to work well for them.

People just need to approach this prop19 in a better way. If what appears to be components of cocaine can be distrubuted easily through a prescription, why can't a plant?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
People just need to approach this prop19 in a better way. If what appears to be components of cocaine can be distrubuted easily through a prescription, why can't a plant?
Actually cocaine and adderall has no relation... but now Meth and Adderall does.

Methamphetamine: N-methyl-1-phenylpropan-2-amine
Dextroamphetamine: (S)-1-phenylpropan-2-amine

Notice the similarities? :D

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh, and for reference.

Cocaine: methyl (1R,2R,3S,5S)-3- (benzoyloxy)-8-methyl-8-azabicyclo[3.2.1] octane-2-carboxylate

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established

That guy is George Soros, the Billionaire financier of the Liberal machine trying to wreck the country. He gave millions to NPR and Huffington Post for "investigative Journalists" to stamp out people trying to expose the communist agenda. He founded Media Matters, gives millions to the Tides Foundation, Move On.org, various other liberal propoganda machines.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Soros

He has been talking about the "managed decline" of the dollar for a while now in order to redistribute wealth around the globe and knock the US down a few notches. Funny a while back, he pulled most of his money out of the stock market and bought gold since he is part of the plan to destroy the dollar. He has made a name for himself by "predicting" the destruction of currencies and economies and profiting Billions when it happens. It's because he helps orchestrate the collapse. He is truly a danger to our freedoms and prosperity in the US. I could care less about his support for prop 19, but I can't figure out his angle for doing it.

And if you hadn't heard about the Fed's continued "manage decline of the dollar, they announced yesterday they are going to buy $600B more in securities with printed money. Truly destructive to the dollar when it gets out of hand. We can start another thread on that whole topic. I'm pretty disgusted with the whole situation because their goal is to intentionally devalue the dollar with printed money. History shows when other countries have done the same thing for the same reasons the Fed has been citing since 2008, the decline got away from them, and their currency collapsed before anything could be done about it. Remember Zimbabwe? Iceland did it at the end of 2008 when the Fed did QE the first time. They have already spent $1.7Trillion since then and it still hasn't accomplished recovery.

Sorry for the hijack.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I guess as with any drugs, it is the "abusers" that give it a bad name. I mean, look at LSD for example, a doctor not only created it, but also put a patent towards it, and for some time it was rather legit stuff for many legit purposes......And then people started abusing it and it got a bad name.
The drug I hear them talk about the most lately, that has been abused, is viccodine. Legal pharmaceuticals.
*pee'd my pants*

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why do Californians vote conservatively on issues like Prop 8 and now Prop 19, yet still elect nutjobs to run their state into the ground? I just don't understand the logic. You have some of the highest tax rates in the country because of the people that have been running the state. And don't cry about the Governator doing it also, he's a progressive in sheeps clothing.
Because the state is flooded with socially conservative illegal immigrant families that are allowed to vote.

TheWriting

TheWriting

Awards
Hate image = awesome. This thread actually reminds me of the show Weeds.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
TELL ANYONE YOU KNOW THAT IS FITNESS CONSIOUS(SPELLING?) THAT WE NEED TO MAKE THIS PASS, BECAUSE MARIJUANA IS A HELL OF A LOT HEALTHIER THAN ALCOHOL. IN FACT, YOU CAN GET RIPPED THE NIGHT BEFORE A WORKOUT AND NOT HAVE A PROBLEM.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
TELL ANYONE YOU KNOW THAT IS FITNESS CONSIOUS(SPELLING?) THAT WE NEED TO MAKE THIS PASS, BECAUSE MARIJUANA IS A HELL OF A LOT HEALTHIER THAN ALCOHOL. IN FACT, YOU CAN GET RIPPED THE NIGHT BEFORE A WORKOUT AND NOT HAVE A PROBLEM.
Dude you must be pretty ****ing high, because this already failed.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Dude you must be pretty ****ing high, because this already failed.
Haha! No I'm out of weed at the moment. They say their gonna try a similar prop in 2 years. If we can get one state to legalize it, what will ultimately happen is that all the haters will wate for that state to go downhill. When it doesn't, well, homegrown America!

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha! No I'm out of weed at the moment. They say their gonna try a similar prop in 2 years. If we can get one state to legalize it, what will ultimately happen is that all the haters will wate for that state to go downhill. When it doesn't, well, homegrown America!
Haha, I knew what you meant, I was just messing with you. I believe it was Colorado who promised it would make the 2012 bill. We shall see.

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
Lack of being naturally high.
:toofunny: I never smoked before but I grew up around some serious **** and I still believe you should be able to do what you wanna do when it comes to drugs.

gaijininjapan

Awards
  • Established
A little late to the discussion, but prop19 was not that great. the major push was for legalization, but it also would've caused most dispensaries and co-ops to go under, and give way to big businesses. Grow-ops would require costly limited permits. Not to mention that the feds already stated that if big business begins grow ops, they would not turn a blind eye like they have been doing with the relative small time grows.

So in short, it's legal, but supply becomes scarce.

Not that great.

ken22

ken22

Awards
I am realy suprised eveyone supports this. Does anyone think it SHOULD be illegal?

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
What's your medical condition?
Just being a college student. Ive spent entire semsters that were wasted on electives, and I need something to keep me from becomeing depresssed while I let the system rape me.

omni

omni

Awards
  • Established
If prop 19 was voted on in an election year, I think it would've passed. More people leave work to vote for a president. I think more pot heads would have voted.

gaijininjapan

Awards
  • Established
I am realy suprised eveyone supports this. Does anyone think it SHOULD be illegal?
I think ALMOST everything should be legal, provided that there is enough educational material out there to property educate someone about it's use.

I don't agree w/ prop 19 because there is a hidden agenda in it, as I stated earlier.

I mean, there's many more dangerous substances out there OTC...

Orangatang

Orangatang

Awards
  • Established
A little late to the discussion, but prop19 was not that great. the major push was for legalization, but it also would've caused most dispensaries and co-ops to go under, and give way to big businesses. Grow-ops would require costly limited permits. Not to mention that the feds already stated that if big business begins grow ops, they would not turn a blind eye like they have been doing with the relative small time grows.

So in short, it's legal, but supply becomes scarce.

Not that great.
Im gonna have to call bullsh*t on this bro. Like you mentioned in your response here large companies would come in and start major distribution systems. I believe phillip morris actually bought like 400 acres in california when the talk of prop 19 came about. And supply would increase significantly

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
i rather hav it illegal. ull just be on record that ur a pothead with that medi card and if i get it from a store, tax would be an extra couple bucks. how am i supposed to get a blunt(im sick of bowls). and then more states are gonna legalize it and America will just get even more dumber with all the potheads. u know whats crazy, i been smokin legal stuff lately that u buy at tobacco stores. Its called Red Magic, the plant is called damiana(incense) all i can say is it ****s on budd. like u get higher, smile a lot more and costs 10-15 a gram. it just sucks cuz i dont like the taste when u smoke it

Orangatang

Orangatang

Awards
  • Established
i rather hav it illegal. ull just be on record that ur a pothead with that medi card and if i get it from a store, tax would be an extra couple bucks. how am i supposed to get a blunt(im sick of bowls). and then more states are gonna legalize it and America will just get even more dumber with all the potheads. u know whats crazy, i been smokin legal stuff lately that u buy at tobacco stores. Its called Red Magic, the plant is called damiana(incense) all i can say is it ****s on budd. like u get higher, smile a lot more and costs 10-15 a gram. it just sucks cuz i dont like the taste when u smoke it
Dude i had legal stuff that was 30bucks a gram. Sooo high, borderline rolling man. ganja is so much more mellow and nice that that stuff.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That "legal" stuff you guys are talking about contains synthetic cannabinoids. Don't be fooled, it is not the herb getting you high. Thats like saying a prohormone is the same as a herbal supplement.

Orangatang

Orangatang

Awards
  • Established
That "legal" stuff you guys are talking about contains synthetic cannabinoids. Don't be fooled, it is not the herb getting you high. Thats like saying a prohormone is the same as a herbal supplement.
I never said it was the "herb" normally the companies are using a chemical called JWH-018, which recently the DEA has put a one year ban on (placing them as schedule 1 drugs like coke,heroin etc)

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
Here's some more bull sh**, i went to go grab some of the legal stuff and they said it went illegal. F*** illinois!!!!!